Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket (19465 Views)

Arise Interview: Buhari Evasive, Dodgy, Claimed Our Projects - PDP / Ndigbo Settle For Atiku/Obi Ticket / Lecturers, Students Back Atiku/Obi Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 17, 2018
Warship:
Let's be honest about this issue.

The Governors are angry that none of them was picked and because if Atiku wins, he will most likely handover to Obi after 8years, the Governors consider it wise to work with Buhari against Atiku.

The unfortunate thing for the Governors is the fact that, if Igbos within and outside SE/SS vote for Atiku, their plan will definitely fail and the Governors will go into oblivion after 2019.

In The End, It Is The Igbo electorates and not elites that have the majority votes and definitely will cast their votes for Atiku

Mate, listen to yourself. Governors are angry they were not picked for a doomed and suicidal mission? Like someone said earlier, these are seasoned politicians who know the score and understand Atiku cannot win.

Granted they may be peeved they were not carried along with the choice of Obi but I doubt any SE governor wants to be VP candidate to then be "a ba oba ku" (one who dies with the king). That is lunacy when you can keep your safe job as Governor and ruler over an entire State.

Who wants to sink with Atiku if not a dead weight like Peter Obi with nothing to lose politically? Is it not a PDP governor in the SE travelling everywhere with PMB while shunning Atiku and Obi i.e Ugwuanyi of Enugu? What does that tell anyone who has critical intellect?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Yyeske(m): 8:23am On Dec 17, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Bro, leave dem make dem dey sleep on top bike.

This scenerio playing out now was what many of us predicted earlier when Peter Obi was initially named for the vice position but we were shouted down.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by globemoney01: 8:26am On Dec 17, 2018
nonsobaba:
Peter Obi's greatest fears, which will turn out to become his greatest disappointments, are

1) Ngige becoming a senator and a federal minister while he failed to hold any federal post

2) Obiano also completing 8 years as governor while he watches from the sidelines as a political retiree

Obi's desire to be the politician with the most political achievements from Anambra state will become a mirage and it go pain am well well
He knows it will be difficult for him contesting for senate because obiano will do everything to stop him that level. He's just desperate to get back into power

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 17, 2018
globemoney01:

He knows it will be difficult for him contesting for senate because obiano will do everything to stop him that level. He's just desperate to get back into power

Indeed. Peter Obi is a man with nowhere to go politically. He is deemed treacherous, disloyal and toxic. Why then will he not desperately grab this Atiku lifeline for his 15 minutes of fame when he was already enroute to political obscurity and internment ?

Even Obi knows they cannot win but Nigerian politics and stratosphere is about remaining relevant to fight another day. Just taking part and talking keeps you visible. Is this not why the discredited Kanu continues to talk even as many are no longer listening?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by lizfrosh: 8:39am On Dec 17, 2018
nice

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Mylove55(f): 8:41am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Who are your Igbo brethren? Take that rubbish and get out of here! Fake friends and people everywhere. Igbos have suddenly become your brethren because it suits your narrative to deceive people and get this useless man Buhari back in Aso rock. But we are wiser now. Vote Buhari all you want.

7 Igbo states are locked down for Atiku. Block votes gan gan!

THIS IS FAKE NEWS BY THE WAY!
thief atiku can not win one state in south east, not even his state Adamawa.

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 17, 2018
shosky1794:
But seriously there's been so much quietness from the South-Eastern governors regarding Atiku's candidacy. Even the outspoken Ekweremandu is somewhat silent.

Obi is not liked at all. He is seen as divisive, disloyal, treacherous and a man that cannot be trusted. He is like the OBJ of the SE. I.e the enemy within. Everyone wants to work against and frustrate characters like that.

Look at how OBJ was punished at the polls in 2015 with even his ward rejecting him while his daughter was humiliated out of her senate seat. It was payback for OBJ's politics of division, vindictiveness and treachery Obi is similarly known for.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Misterdhee1(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Story of my life. Igbos are 100% in support of Atiku! We voted against Buhari in 2015 and we will vote against him again come 2019. You know why? Buhari was an imbeccile prior 2015 and became a worse imbeccile post 2015! We do not need any presidency come 2023 as far as it is from Buhari. Nothing good can ever come out of an accursed and cursed fellow from birth like Buhari. We Igbos won't even mind mortgaging our turn to run for Presidency by 2023 all to make sure the Northerners remain in Power! Even if Atiku looses now, we will still give him the support he needs come 2023. We will keep on supporting him till he becomes a President. Who presidency help? Shey Yorubas think they have sense? Lets see a Yoruba man then compete agains a Northerner and see how he wins!

At the bolded, Osibanjo-Elrufai combo would defeat your any of your yeye northern candidate fair and square in the north come 2023. Northerners love PYO for his unshaking loyalty to their small god, Pmb. And he would benefit from that massively in 2023. Your zone will remain in political wilderness till Jesus resurrect.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by pword: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Story of my life. Igbos are 100% in support of Atiku! We voted against Buhari in 2015 and we will vote against him again come 2019. You know why? Buhari was an imbeccile prior 2015 and became a worse imbeccile post 2015! We do not need any presidency come 2023 as far as it is from Buhari. Nothing good can ever come out of an accursed and cursed fellow from birth like Buhari. We Igbos won't even mind mortgaging our turn to run for Presidency by 2023 all to make sure the Northerners remain in Power! Even if Atiku looses now, we will still give him the support he needs come 2023. We will keep on supporting him till he becomes a President. Who presidency help? Shey Yorubas think they have sense? Lets see a Yoruba man then compete agains a Northerner and see how he wins!

I can see real ability speaking, so you guys want Igbo to continue being your slaves? Mba nu, it won't work for you.

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by san316(m): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2018
They should go ahead and spend their money on Atiku. Politics is a gamble. You win and u lose.

2 Likes

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2018
Misterdhee1:

At the bolded, Osibanjo-Elrufai combo would defeat your any of your yeye northern candidate fair and square in the north come 2023. Northerners love PYO for his unshaking loyalty to their small god, Pmb. And he would benefit from that massively in 2023. Your zone will remain in political wilderness till Jesus resurrect.

2023 belongs to Osinbajo or Fashola. I don't mind Tinubu at all because, despite the noise against him, the man is a brilliant leader who brings leadership talent to the forefront to the benefit of society.

The issue is that Osinbajo can only grow stronger and more popular as heir apparent because of his office and the fact Buhari trusts him enough to make him the most powerful VP since 1999.

How time flies. This is the same Osinbajo Igbos were mocking as "mere commissioner " because they hate our VP's Yoruba heritage and were far up Saraki's azz back then because they enjoyed how he insult Osinbajo. How market for outgoing and disgraced Saraki today and a VP becoming stronger and more popular by the day?

Mass suicide in the SE looming in 2023 when "mere commissioner " becomes President while Saraki is wasting away in his political retirement home. Life is sweet and Karma is a b.i.tch. cool

When we tell Igbos to reject politics of hate, short-termism and "food is ready" desperation they will never listen. Instead they will queue behind losers like Saraki and Atiku who enjoy 15 minutes in the limelight to then be humbled by those with long term stamina. We dey laff *in OBJ voice*.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2018
That"s because they know that crooked Atiku and Igbo piter Obi has no chance!

Buhari will win hands down!! in 2019. buhari till 2043! grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by CoolAmbience(m): 9:56am On Dec 17, 2018
Yyeske:
This scenerio playing out now was what many of us predicted earlier when Peter Obi was initially named for the vice position but we were shouted down.

Exactly, dem gree say we sabi anything?

PDP just 'rigged' themselves out with Atiku and Obi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Ziggylady(f): 10:31am On Dec 17, 2018
PassingShot:
If I were any of them, I would act same way and manner.

Atiku's candidacy is doomed for crash right from the word go; and every sane person should know this.

No need to talk too much but as I've said on many occasions here, PMB will have won the election by 12 noon on feBuhari 16.

Atiku will not get 40% of the votes in Adamawa and won't get 30% in the entire North. The governors are in better position than you and I to know this and it will be sheer idiocy for them to invest their state's and personal resources in a FAILED PROJECT.

Think!

Desperation at its peak!!...see rants shocked
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by PassingShot(m): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2018
[s]
Ziggylady:

Desperation at its peak!!...see rants shocked
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2018
Over to you IPOB yoots; how market.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by funshoquadri: 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
ItsMeAboki:
There is no market again they have allowed thieves to raid their shops

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Npfn: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2018
Has any of you notice?? Zarah has not wish her late dad posthumous happy birthday ooo
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by docadams: 1:34pm On Dec 17, 2018
Yankee101:
The people nko?

Dem no fit stop Nnamdi Kalu na Obi & Atiku una wan stop?

I actually dislike the lack of unity amongst Igbos. Imagine the infighting if Biafra happens

Here again, I will say you are one of the few Ibos who put on their thinking cap when serious issues are at stake. On whether they can stop Atiku/Obiagu Obi, that union is dead already, hence their apathy.

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Market ke? Tochukwu wan sell shop, Ikenna wan buy more stock to expand and Chukwudi is trying to get a loan with the shop as collateral while Obinna wants to rename shop Biafra is alive. Confused people always working at cross purposes to then be accusing others who are focused of being 'slaves'. Jokers.

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by sogodihno: 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
BillGoldberg:

Osinbajo will contest in 2023 and he will win. kill urself after.
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Kingspin(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
PassingShot:
If I were any of them, I would act same way and manner.

Atiku's candidacy is doomed for crash right from the word go; and every sane person should know this.

No need to talk too much but as I've said on many occasions here, PMB will have won the election by 12 noon on feBuhari 16.

Atiku will not get 40% of the votes in Adamawa and won't get 30% in the entire North. The governors are in better position than you and I to know this and it will be sheer idiocy for them to invest their state's and personal resources in a FAILED PROJECT.

Think!
There is no saint anywhere in Nigeria APC/PDP. Stop using Buhari's brain.
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
Oshigun:

Market ke? Tochukwu wan sell shop, Ikenna wan buy more stock to expand and Chukwudi is trying to get a loan with the shop as collateral while Obinna wants to rename shop Biafra is alive. Confused people always working at cross purposes to then be accusing others who are focused of being 'slaves'. Jokers.

Lol, careful before they descend on you. cheesy grin
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Okoroawusa: 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
pword:

I can see real ability speaking, so you guys want Igbo to continue being your slaves? Mba nu, it won't work for you.
Last time I checked Atiku is Fulani. So who is the slave?
Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Okoroawusa: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
My comment on this matter will be in Igbo.

Onye g'ahu ebe ana echi ozo gaba ebe an'aru agwu?

Meaning: Who will see where there is a ceremony going on and leave it for where there is a ritual event?

1 Like

Re: South - East Governors Plan Evasive Tactics For Atiku, Peter Obi Ticket by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Terrible time to be IPOBian. I can't even imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will come out of the SE region after FeBuhari.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kaduna APC Delegates Endorse Tinubu, APC Chapter Ask For El-Rufai As VP / Borno Government Set To Demolish Brothels And Illegal Beer Parlours(photos) / Edo Crisis: Senators, Ex-ministers Join Forces With APC Govs Against Oshiomhole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.