Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry (35597 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / Nigerian Lady Serves Husband An Empty Plate For Refusing To Help In The Kitchen / Cute Abiola: Navy Gives Reason For Refusing To Release Comedian After 10 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by sirusX(m): 1:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
Denikayan:
Cant they just invite the man and use him for money rituals

It still will equal the list at the end of the day

Kukuma kill the man

Here I was thinking the opposite....that the intending husband provide all the items (that is...buying the daughter from the family)....and then use her for money rituals...no questions asked

Gbam!
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Awoo88: 1:43pm On Dec 17, 2018
ogawisdom:
grin

After paying all these the stupid girl will still not kneel down to serve me food angry if I hear

But on a serious note if u get their daughter pregnant Las Las na them go beg u to take her home
Some.family go seize the pikin. In Igbo land, the child is only your if you had fulfill all marry right. Even if the babe go Bleep outside carry belle. But if the man did not fulfill the marriage rite, even if the man give the girl belle reach twenty times, if the girl family bad, the guy no get one single son
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Patrioticman007(m): 1:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
Isobug:
Instead of running around the bush, Why not say...

One shop of food stuffs
One shop of Boutique
One provision Store
One Depot of Beer

Mumu de smell

You mean four store owner's are to amalgamate to marry one wife. It Will be like Monday belongs to Mr Okoro the food stuffs store owner. Tuesday ike provision store owner. Wenesday Christian chukwu, Thursday Taribo the beer parlour owner. On Friday the wife go rest, Saturday she will visit her parents, Sunday go to church and on Monday it starts again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Mmadu111: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2018
Which town in IMO state?
kamez:
that's how some communities in Imo state extort money from intending in-laws..

my cousin did traditional rites for his intended bride last week Saturday here in IMO state... the list was in excess of 1.6m naira..

it's ridiculous
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by dingbang(m): 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
So I will now pay for all the men who have drilled her hole abi?

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
grin are my eyes decievin me? Did i just see underwear among the listcheesy... Hahahahahahahahaha. Wat an endtime list. Biko na wich village una get this type of bride price listcheesy
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by danot1030: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ipob list. Marriage is a big business among the Igbos.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
kamez:
that's how some communities in Imo state extort money from intending in-laws..

my cousin did traditional rites for his intended bride last week Saturday here in IMO state... the list was in excess of 1.6m naira..

it's ridiculous
so im come borrow the 1.6 million naira from bank take pay d bride price?
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by wildchild1: 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
what??

Christmas promo still ongoing on all club and country jerseys, order while the promo last...check my signature
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by ogawisdom(m): 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
Awoo88:

Some.family go seize the pikin. In Igbo land, the child is only your if you had fulfill all marry right. Even if the babe go Bleep outside carry belle. But if the man did not fulfill the marriage rite, even if the man give the girl belle reach twenty times, if the girl family bad, the guy no get one single son

The pregnancy will pave way for serious negotiation that will bring the cost reasonably down and no family will refuse especially when the groom assures them to make up for the balance in future.

Las Las once you take her home it is over
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by ABballer100(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
say who die. They are more beautiful girls in the world
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Elexdallas(m): 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
Arysexy:
Lies, anyone can type anything just to trend.

Traditional marriage list contains traditional items like kolanut, drinks, yam, goat, fowl, etc nothing like generator

Ngwa people in Abia state include ladies machine or keke,
u dey here dey talk

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Jeholinkz(m): 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Blood of Jehoshaphat!!!
Hey why calling my name?
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
dingbang:
So I will now pay for all the men who have drilled her hole abi?
wetin wan kee for laugh na d pant and generator wey dey among d listcheesy. Pant among bride price listcheesycheesy..
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Corrinthians(m): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Mynd44:
If this was my family, they will write a reply on letter headed paper saying.

"We the family of Mynd on seeing your humble requests have decided that our son is better off single and should remain single for the rest of his life"
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by PRECIOUS14482(m): 2:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
This is scaring

Na wa oooo

Maybe they don't want the man to marry thier daughter
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by smart024(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
AridunuThomas:
My Nairaland people, please come and see oooooo.

Which Nigerian man will want to marry from this Ezekiel family? Na wa ooooo

Obviously they don't want the guy to marry their daughter and they are using this list to technically send him away...
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by BruncleZuma: 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Jeholinkz:
Hey why calling my name?

Oga follow us come office come explain where you get license for your name trademark, license to operate said name from NPC, local government identification and your general Overseer.
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by onyedan(m): 2:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
her yansh na Gold
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by AlphaStyles(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
aaah aaah dem for kukuma add dead relatives join for the list if na like so na to go north go marry

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by HoluwaKoDeD(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
This post was up FP last week na.. copy copy
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Solomon799(m): 2:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
e better make them just sell de daughter than to sit down prepare dis kind of list
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Awoo88: 2:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
ogawisdom:

The pregnancy will pave way for serious negotiation that will bring the cost reasonably down and no family will refuse especially when the groom assures them to make up for the balance in future.

Las Las once you take her home it is over
Some family will suspend all talk of marriage and ask you to come back after their daughter had been delivered of her baby. If you do, the child will not be yours even if you marry the girl eventually
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Burgerlomo: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
WTF! Are you kidding me? This has to be a joke cool

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Elgringo(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
mother's handbag with #10000..........Which brand of weed did they smoke?
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by maisauki: 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2018
Attention - seeking op...pls park wel make bois no play apala on ya head
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by GoldHorse(m): 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
To us its sacrilege! To them this is perfectly normal.

....and this same set of people will be name shaming another ethnic group.

Even plus including pant, pants!!! Kilode mehn?!
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by ogawisdom(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
Awoo88:

Some family will suspend all talk of marriage and ask you to come back after their daughter had been delivered of her baby. If you do, the child will not be yours even if you marry the girl eventually

Rare to see such family bc it's shameful to allow your daughter born without marriage. But I know it's has to be a wealthy family
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by victorian(f): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
Op must you marry from the east?

There are other states with very beautiful ladies to choose from and their bride price with all the items needed won't be up to 300k.
Everybody goes home happy and joyful.

Another reason baby mama and baby daddy increases everyday.

Our parents and families should share a large portion of this decay in the society as well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Isobug: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
Patrioticman007:

You mean four store owner's are to amalgamate to marry one wife. It Will be like Monday belongs to Mr Okoro the food stuffs store owner. Tuesday ike provision store owner. Wenesday Christian chukwu, Thursday Taribo the beer parlour owner. On Friday the wife go rest, Saturday she will visit her parents, Sunday go to church and on Monday it starts again.

I tell you ehh
Re: Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry by Icon79(m): 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
Haha!! Good one!

But I don't believe that this is a real list sha. It looks like something some bored person made up to provoke some reactions.

O pari

Mynd44:
If this was my family, they will write a reply on letter headed paper saying.

"We the family of Mynd on seeing your humble requests have decided that our son is better off single and should remain single for the rest of his life"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“My wife denies me my sexual rights”, husband tells court / Bored In Marriage / My Husband Wants Us To Relocate To The Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.