Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know (22370 Views)

5 Health Risks Of Sex With Animals - Temi Iwalaiye / Health Benefits Of Avocado Pear Leaves / 5 Health Benefit Of Palmwine You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Rhayour: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
Adieza:
If your New Year's planning have anything to do with eating better, you may want to start by loading your shopping cart with avocados. These super fruits are not only delicious, but they are also packed with nutritional and health benefits — to your heart, eyes and much more — that may surprise you.

1: Heart Health

Avocados contain the plant chemical beta-sitosterol which helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels. They are packed with monounsaturated fat and according to the American Heart Association , when monounsaturated fats are eaten in moderation in place of saturated and trans fat, this can help reduce the bad (LDL) cholesterol.

2: Healthy Eyes
The carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin are also found in these fruit. Both have been shown to keep the eyes healthy as we age and may help reduce the risk of macular degeneration, the leading cause of vision loss as we get older.

3: Growth and Development
Avocados contain 3.5 grams of unsaturated fat per 1 ounce serving (about 1/5th an avocado). Studies have shown that unsaturated fat is important for proper growth and development of the central nervous system and the brain of youngsters.

4: Blood Pressure
Avocados are free of sodium and are recommended while on the DASH Diet – which is the prescribed diet to help lower blood pressure. They also have a nice amount of potassium, which may also help lower blood pressure. Studies have found that when avocados are eaten in place of other fats (like butter and mayo), they can help control blood pressure.

5: Weight Loss
These babies are brimming with healthy fat, which takes the body longer to digest and help keep you full and satisfied (so you’re less likely to snack!). Further, avocados are nutrient-packed with over 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which is especially beneficial if you’re trying to cut calories and keep up with all the nutrition your body needs.

http://www.agricinfo.com/2018/12/5-health-benefits-of-avocadopear-you.html?m=0

Me that doesn't even know how to eat this thing sef...
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Englov(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
Good for everyone
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Pavore9: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
sacajawea:

How?
Dandruff loves dry scalp to fester. Avocado oil helps rejuvenate and moisturize the scalp. There are many YouTube videos on it.
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Casemiro(m): 9:41pm On Dec 17, 2018
avocado is one of nature's best gift to man.

it still surprises me that a lot of people are ignorant of the health benefits of avocado.

when you eat an avocado everyday you are helping your body. It boosts your immune system and makes you healthier.

>>>>
> there are many health benefits of avocado that you can see for yourself here
<<<<<
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by sacajawea: 9:42pm On Dec 17, 2018
Pavore9:

Dandruff loves dry scalp to fester. Avocado oil helps rejuvenate and moisturize the scalp. There are many YouTube videos on it.
Apply it directly or eat it
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Pavore9: 9:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
sacajawea:

Apply it directly or eat it

Apply directly.
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Casemiro(m): 10:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Frankyboy1:
Lovely! Can be eaten with rice,bread and even indomie, its also very good for rich and full hair, also helps you look much younger and fresher than your age, and contains numerous nutirents

God bless you man!

many people don't know the numerous unbelievable hidden benefits of avocado!

I love this food scatter!

here's a video of it's benefits for those still doubting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFfLNutd7QE
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Mariangeles(f): 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
Nigerianiski:
Avocado & pear are not synonymous in any way.

Avocado was just nicknamed ALLIGATOR PEAR because of the nature of the skin and the pear shape.

Call it pear outside Nigeria at your own peril
grin grin grin
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Mariangeles(f): 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Casemiro:
avocado is one of nature's best gift to man.

it still surprises me that a lot of people are ignorant of the health benefits of avocado.

when you eat an avocado everyday you are helping your body. It boosts your immune system and makes you healthier.

>>>>
> there are many health benefits of avocado that you can see for yourself here
<<<<<

But it's not an all season Fruit... it's not even available now
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by koolaid87: 10:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
Avocado is avocado

Pear is pear

Not the same

Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Iwebest: 10:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
Pervasive Poor Eating Habit

Let’s face it, you have a poor eating habit. We all do. And we don’t have to blame ourselves too much; it’s the kind of world we now find ourselves that cause it.

I have seen people driving and eating at the same time. I have seen people at work typing away at their laptop with their left hand while eating with their right hand.

We skip breakfast recklessly. Forget to drink water. And with the pull of our work tucking at our heart’s strings, we go for the quickest solution: fast food capped with junkie snacks and carbonated soft drinks.

The memory of a good home-cooked meal remains that – a memory.

What this all mean is that you are seriously malnourished even though you don’t want to admit it. And you are giving your body more work to do in digesting this processed foods and extracting vital nutrients.

Taking supplements isn’t the ultimate solution here, but not taking them could be disastrous. https:///2zUEllB
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Temmytourpe1909: 10:46pm On Dec 17, 2018
I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of your post’s to
be exactly what I’m looking for. Does one offer guest writers to write content available
for you? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on most of the
subjects you write about here. Again, awesome
https://agricbuilder.com
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by alabi484(m): 11:40pm On Dec 17, 2018
Avocado...mhen...I ate it with bread this morning, sweet something. ..one of the things I enjoy about jos...fruit and vegetables everywhere smiley
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by makinson2865: 12:14am On Dec 18, 2018
koolaid87:
Avocado is avocado

Pear is pear

Not the same

Avocado is pear sir
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by koolaid87: 1:48am On Dec 18, 2018
makinson2865:

Avocado is pear sir

Google is your friend

No need to argue
Re: 5 Health Benefits Of Avocado(pear) You Should Know by Casemiro(m): 6:33am On Dec 18, 2018
Mariangeles:
But it's not an all season Fruit... it's not even available now

that's the problem. But I have seen few in the market this week. And they have started growing, from the ones I see on trees.

I believe that by January they will become surplus.

If you want them now try checking the market on special market days.

even if avocado is seasonal, the good thing is that it stays in season for long. I think it's usually available from February to September

Anyway, try ask around and make it your daily manner

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: IGP Tells Nigerians Not To Visit Police Stations For Social Visits / CANCER: NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Bleaching Creams / Baby Suffering From Heart Defect Dies In Ife Ahead Of His Surgery. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.