Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo (52852 Views)

Female NYSC Member Arrested And Remanded In Custody For Fraud. Photo / EFCC Arrests And Arraigns Akpaikpe Etim For Internet Fraud (Photo) / EFCC Declares Woman Wanted For N1 Billion Fraud (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by ChangeIsCostant: 8:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
The Enugu Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on December 17, 2018 arraigned Ogbonna Victor Chibuzor, a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC before Justice A.M. Liman of the Federal High Court, Enugu on a five-count charge bordering on intent to defraud, and possession of fraudulent documents contrary to Section 6 of the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences Act 2006 and punishable under Section 1 (3) of the same Act.

Ogbanna’s arrest was sequel to series of raids carried out by operatives over the past one week in which several suspected fraudsters in their early 20s, alleged to be engaging in online fraud, were arrested having been found to be living a flamboyant lifestyle not commensurate to the means of livelihood.

Analysis carried out on the computer of the suspected fraudster revealed certain incriminating documents intended to be used in swindling gullible Nigerians and foreigners alike.

Further investigations disclosed that Ogbanna uses his e-mail address activitygeneral@hotmail.com to send unsolicited emails to his victims using fake or stolen identity to legitimize his nefarious activities.

One of the documents was addressed to one Alan Christopher of BG Group Plc, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6, Berkshire, United Kingdom, with a rider “Your attention is needed” and a second paragraph talking about a £12,500,000 (Twelve Million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling) unclaimed contract fund.

Another document found with the accused was a purported “Contract Award Certificate” to one Michael Morgan of 101 Brooklyn, New York, United State of America, on “Directing and Fixing of Oil Spillage” in the Niger Delta signed by the Chairman, Contract Tender Board and Chairman, Legal Department of Chevron Nigeria.

He pleaded “not guilty” to the charges preferred against him occasioning his counsel E.O. Isiwu to move a motion for bail, which was opposed by prosecuting counsel, Innocent Mbachie.

The presiding judge, however, granted bail to the defendant in the sum of N500, 000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira) and one surety in like sum. The surety, he ruled, “must have a landed property in Enugu which must be verified by the Commissioner of Lands”. Ogbonna is to be remanded in prison custody until he fulfils his bail conditions.

The case has been adjourned to January 30, 2019.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/12/efcc-arraigns-corps-member-over-alleged-12-5m-internet-fraud.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Betakeshi: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
grin

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by NOC1(m): 8:30pm On Dec 17, 2018
So this oil spillage format is still much alive?

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Godblesspmb: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2018
By their HEADS we know them. Useless criminals from generation to generation.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by lightwhite: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2018
yahoo boy.

God help my unborn children. These days boys are into yahoo. And girls are sleeping around anyhow before they get married...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by mrkings84(m): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
OK

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
Guess he studied YAHOO ENGINEERING in school!

He will spend a long time in jail.

CRIME DOES NOT PAY.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by taiyesoul(f): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
Awon omo Igbo yi Sha!.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by emmabest2000(m): 11:02pm On Dec 17, 2018
This one too if not got till after serving will still look for job hmmm

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
We are watching from the high plazes. Blazing. grin

Never lose your con.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ncan

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Coldplayyy(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
End time Corper grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Akposkool(m): 11:03pm On Dec 17, 2018
After they will come online and be giving motivational speech to us genuine hustlers

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2018

Now that i've seen his name, let me come and be going. smiley wink

I will tell my fellow NCAN members that it is one of our brothers from the South

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by 14teenK: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
I guess this was the case. See format! grin

8 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mumu boys

Boys vitalik pick millions from crypto no noise

Una go jus waka dey thief mumu petty thief

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by emmahoney(m): 11:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Jail him if found guilty. Bleep all the scammers dead or alive.

5 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by davillian(m): 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
If they are picking them based on flamboyant lifestyle
Then they should stop the flamboyant lifestyle then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Pvin: 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2018
There was a country.. indeed, an idle mind is devil's work shop

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by LordFriar: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
I do not understand why these guys must invariably be so stupid. When you have mega sums in your account, common sense should tell you that much attention would be drawn to your meteoric wealth rise.

A thinking nigga would lay low for sometime, invest the amounts in some credible venture & live off it until you can convincingly justify your net worth .. smh undecided

P.S: I do not support cyberfraudsters. I merely despise stupidity.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Pvin: 11:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
davillian:
If they are picking them based on flamboyant lifestyle
Then they should stop the flamboyant lifestyle then.

easy money cannot be hidden

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by easynetsms(m): 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
Na wa oo... Nigerian youths please find something and be doing ... God will definitely bless your hustle...

CRIME DOESNT PAY

Check my signature for cheap internet Xmas bonus

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Eponyeeboz: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ogbonna Victor Chibuzor

It's one of my dear niggers. If them never go prison, dem no dey happy.

6 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Jonadull: 11:09pm On Dec 17, 2018

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Eponyeeboz: 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
Godblesspmb:
By their HEADS we know them. Useless criminals from generation to generation.

Let me epp you.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by bujebudanu1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2018
Last week topics were

Yahoo men
Yahoo couple

This week
Yahoo Corper

grin
Waiting for the remaining ones

3 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by Eponyeeboz: 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
LordFriar:
I do not understand why these guys must invariably be so stupid. When you have mega sums in your account, common sense should tell you that much attention would be drawn to your meteoric wealth rise.

A thinking nigga would lay low for sometime, invest the amounts in some credible venture & live off it until you can convincingly justify your net worth .. smh undecided

P.S: I do not support cyberfraudsters. I merely despise stupidity.

He was arrested for intent to defraud and incriminating documents found on him. He didn't get 12.5M Pounds

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by fawaz22(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
stupid bunch of witchhunters organisation,so we shld think you are working?...you are still yet to successfully bring politicians to justice.but na for yahooboiz mata u dey flex muscle.so many fraud in the goverment go after dem

8 Likes

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by bujebudanu1(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Vv

1 Like

Re: Yahoo Corper Arraigned Over £12.5m Internet Fraud. Photo by AlphaStyles(m): 11:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
instead to do ur nysc work jeje u go indulge in cyber crime chai

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Fashion Designer Attacked By Police Dies, After 6 Days In A Coma (Photo) / Armed Herdsmen Shoot Travellers, Kidnap 1 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway(Pics,Video) / Lady Hires Assassins To Kill Ex-Boyfriend In Edo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.