Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari (24842 Views)

Breaking : Atiku Urges Pdp, Lp, Nnpp, Sdp, Others To Merge Against Apc ( Pic ) / Ondo APC, PDP, SDP Chieftains Defect To Labour Party / Ebonyi Lawmakers Give PDP 7 Days Ultimatum To Zone Presidency To South-East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Muttee: 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari has reiterated his determination to ensure a level-playing field for all contestants into political offices in 2019 general elections.

The President said this when he received a delegation from International Republican and National Democratic Institute, United States of America, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Monday.

Buhari said: “I am glad you are here to assess our pre-election preparations. It reminds me of the visit by the then Secretary of State, John Kerry, before the 2015 polls. We appreciate the concern of America for stability in developing countries.

“Having run for president three times, ending up at the Supreme Court all the three times before God and technology made a way for me the fourth time, I know what it is to be cheated at the polls.

“What they used to do was just to award votes, and tell anyone who was dissatisfied to go to court. But we won’t do that.

“I am prepared to give the opposition the opportunities I was not given in the past.’’

President Buhari assured the visitors that he had told the heads of the security agencies not to be partisan, but to do their work professionally, and allow the will of the people to prevail.

While stressing that the governing All Progressives Congress would keep faith with its priorities of securing the country, reviving the economy, and fighting corruption, the President said he was happy that the opposition had not been able to successfully fault the focal areas of the government.

“We have done fairly well in the areas we focused on. We know how many local government areas in the North-East were under Boko Haram occupation before we came.

“That does not happen again, save for cowardly attacks, using young girls as suicide bombers.

“Other areas of security challenge like farmers/herdsmen clashes are receiving attention, and would be sorted out as much as possible,’’ he added.

On the Electoral Bill that was not assented to, the President said: “Time is against us. We are extremely vulnerable, and need to be careful that messages are not hijacked and figures tampered with, while being transmitted electronically.

“Even the Russians were accused of tampering with American election, so we will remain conventional and use electronic transmission in subsequent elections.’’

The leader of the American delegation, Ambassador Linda-Thomas Greenfield, said they had met with the media, civil society, and political parties and concerns expressed included fears of security agencies being partisan in the forthcoming elections and suspected non-commitment to free and fair elections by key stakeholders.

She said they also cited the delayed budget for the electoral umpire, Independent National Electoral Commission, and the non-signing of the new Electoral Bill.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/2019-election-ill-give-pdp-sdp-others-the-opportunity-w-was-denied-buhari.html

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by mycar: 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2018
Until he signs the use of card reader into law, he is only saying the opposite. How can he ensure that the security agencies obey his directive, is he not the same person that said that he is not aware that the police IG did not obey his directive on Benue crisis and up till now, nothing has happened and even when the man is due for retirement, he is still there all because of Buhari's passiveness?

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Kenekingisback: 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2018
“I am prepared to give the opposition the opportunities I was not given in the past.’’

- The one you were given on a platter in 2015 , how far?

Please resign... angry

“Time is against us. We are extremely vulnerable, and need to be careful that messages are not hijacked and figures tampered with, while being transmitted electronically."

- Who organises and transmits the election result? You mean APGA or PDP?

"Even the Russians were accused of tampering with American election, so we will remain conventional and use electronic transmission in subsequent elections.’’

- Useless excuse, after thought

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by saintjimos(m): 9:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
SIGN ELECTORAL BILL FIRST

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by bedspread: 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
You don't need to give anything!

Institutions are Available to ensure things work!

Electoral Act law is an institution that will work on its own...

It should be Signed into Law

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Englov(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Ressaman(m): 9:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Na so

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by BOOMnaija(m): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Baba knows that he has failed d masses woefully, only trying to buy time.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by peter147: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Story teller

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by DMerciful(m): 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
In order words, the support he got from South West was not responsible for his victory but God and Card reader. He believed he won all 4 times he contested but was cheated out! SW, over to you!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by ClearFlair: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
That's a selfless, altruistic man right there. PDP and SDP will still lose.

bedspread:

lol...see these thieves. They have perfected plans to hack the smart card readers. Go and sell your co.ck and bull Electoral Act stories to people with low IQ.

15 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by success1smyn(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
are you the one to ensure level playing field or inec?
pls sir do your own work by signing the electoral act that will reduce rigging to law and let inec be truly independent. so we can at least remember you for that when you leave for daura come May 2019.

thank you Mr Presido

8 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by grtboy51(m): 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mitchew
Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by naijapips04: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
Sign electoral act idiot walk the talk.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by hakeem4(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
To be honest I personally like mr. buhari but I want him to vacate the seat for younger ones

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by veraponpo(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
Well said Mr President.

Your success at the poll is the surest thing.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by KOLLYPROF(m): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
bedspread:

shut up what was wrong with the electoral act law that had been used all these while that brought PDP into power

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2018
You Are Already Half Way Out Of The Villa.Talking Trash.Sign The Electoral Bill First

12 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Banmeallday: 9:22pm On Dec 17, 2018
Why are they using an old picture of Buhari above?

Just saying

1 Like

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by ifex370(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mtchew.. Sometimes this guy talks like he's re.tarded

6 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
If you are APC here still supporting clueless,your left nyash. I repeat, your left nyash. Hypocrisy and APC are 5&6. Defend APC at ur own risk of blaming GEJ

14 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by StillX10(m): 9:23pm On Dec 17, 2018
Always saying what he never practice

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by anambraamaka: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
Imagine
Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by success1smyn(m): 9:25pm On Dec 17, 2018
ClearFlair:

lol...see these thieves. They have perfected plans to hack the smart card readers. Go and sell you co.ck and bull Electoral Act stories to people with low IQ.
what is this one saying

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by SingleWahala(f): 9:26pm On Dec 17, 2018
grin
Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by yrex01(m): 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
Jahwinaboy:
If you are APC here still supporting clueless,your left nyash. I repeat, your left nyash. Hypocrisy and APC are 5&6. Defend APC at ur own risk of blaming GEJ
stop displaying ur stupidity na.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by bedspread: 9:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
[s]
KOLLYPROF:
shut up what was wrong with the electoral act law that had been used all these while that brought PDP into power
[/s] Remain in your Backwardness..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by bedspread: 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
ClearFlair:

lol...see these thieves. They have perfected plans to hack the smart card readers. Go and sell you co.ck and bull Electoral Act stories to people with low IQ.
A Party in power that acts as Opposition!! U need help seriously

7 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Jahwinaboy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
yrex01:
stop displaying ur stupidity na.
Mr sane man, clap for ya sef

3 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Omeokachie: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
By not signing the electoral bill into law abi?

See his desperate lifelessness forming cheerful giver cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: I’ll Give PDP, SDP, Others The Opportunity I Was Denied - Buhari by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2018
BOOMnaija:
Baba knows that he has failed d masses woefully, only trying to buy time.

LOL

Just when I thought I had seen all the memes...

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekiti Bye-election: 3 Persons Feared Killed in Olujimi's Polling Unit / Sanwo-Olu Visits GAC Car Assembly Plant In Ogba, Lagos / IPOB: End This Madness Of 'Sit At Home' Before It Turns To Something Else Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.