Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today (6646 Views)

Rivers Crisis: Court Bars INEC From Conducting Bye-election To Fill Vacant Seats / Labour Party Crisis: Court Orders Substituted Service On Peter Obi's Faction / Ogun PDP: Kashamu, Adebutu Factions Reunite; Vow To Unseat APC In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by akinhanger: 5:30am On Dec 18, 2018

The court of appeal sitting in Ibadan, Oyo state, has reserved judgement in the case between two factions battling for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidacy in Ogun state, till Tuesday.

In the suit filed by the Ladi Adebutu faction of the party and heard on Monday, the group asked the appeal court to set aside the orders of the federal high court, Abeokuta, which ruled in favour of the Kashamu faction.

On October 2, the federal high court in Abeokuta had ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to accept and process the list of candidates and delegates submitted to it by the faction of Kashamu.

The commission had written Uche Secondus, national chairman of the PDP, that it was only going to accept list of candidates from Kashamu group.

Secondus had handed over the party’s governorship ticket to Adebutu but the Kashamu faction also unveiled the senator as their candidate.

At the court on Monday, Emeka Etiaba, counsel to Adebutu, demanded that the case be assigned to another judge at the federal high court.

But Alex Izinyon, counsel to Buruji, vehemently opposed the granting of the prayers sought by the appellants.

Etiaba said a party in perpetual violation of positive and subsisting orders of court cannot justifiably seek favour from the same court it had treated with contempt.

He contended that the appellants had the opportunity to state their case at the federal high court, Abeokuta, after they were served and chose to stay away from the court on October 2.

After two hours of deliberations, the three-man panel of justices of the court of appeal presided by Olukayode Bada adjourned the case till Tuesday.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/ogun-pdp-crisis-court-decides-kashamus-fate-on-today.html
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by helinues: 5:32am On Dec 18, 2018
Who ever loose wont remain in Pdp and that's the early final burial of the party in Ogun state

2 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Makito015(m): 5:38am On Dec 18, 2018
Who ever loose wont remain in Pdp and that's the early final burial of the party in Ogun state

True talk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by seunmsg(m): 6:08am On Dec 18, 2018
Dapo Abiodun is the next governor of ogun state. Kashamu and Adebutu should stop wasting their time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Metuh: 6:23am On Dec 18, 2018
seunmsg:
Dapo Abiodun is the next governor of ogun state. Kashamu and Adebutu should stop wasting their time.

You are already from Ogun again? Ekiti prince grin

Worry about Ondo, Zamfara and IMO first

2 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by seunmsg(m): 6:39am On Dec 18, 2018
Metuh:

You are already from Ogun again? Ekiti prince grin

Worry about Ondo, Zamfara and IMO first

See this ordinary yanmiri talking nonsense. Go back to commenting on your failed Biafra joke and leave Omoluabis to comment on political developments in the south west.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:52am On Dec 18, 2018
Trouble in the enemies camp

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:53am On Dec 18, 2018
helinues:
GBAM!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by kolafolabi(m): 6:54am On Dec 18, 2018
Adebutu all the way..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Cantocol412: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2018
... grin
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by nony43(m): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2018
B
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by magoo10(m): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2018
The national leadership of the PDP does not recognize kashamu, the court should do the needful by granting judgement in favour of adebutu to avert unnecessary crisis.

1 Like

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by ibori1(m): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2018
shocked buhari must go

Germany

worfburgs to win..

Scotland

Aberdeen to win

.free for u

quote me after the game
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Born2Breed(f): 6:56am On Dec 18, 2018
Both major political parties in Ogun state are having issues.

The third force may have their way in Ogun state.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by engrkaz(m): 6:57am On Dec 18, 2018
Esho Jinadu issa goal
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by haffaze777(m): 6:58am On Dec 18, 2018
seunmsg:

brother I doubt that
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by BlueRayDick: 7:01am On Dec 18, 2018
Na wa o. So what happens if Kashamu loses? What happens to those campaign vehicles he has already moving here and there?

1 Like

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Myzteriouz: 7:03am On Dec 18, 2018
Ogun politics is just looking so messy. It's only ADC that's keeping things together. Is all the other complications really necessary or needed.
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Omeokachie: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2018
It will mark the political end of Kashamu should the ruling go against him.
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by seunmsg(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2018
haffaze777:

brother I doubt that

Kashamu and Adebutu cannot win the election individually and at this point, uniting to forge a common front is no longer possible.

1 Like

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by adisabarber(m): 7:34am On Dec 18, 2018
Born2Breed:
Both major political parties in Ogun state are having issues.

The third force may have their way in Ogun state.

You have sense unlike most posters here

2 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by adisabarber(m): 7:35am On Dec 18, 2018
BlueRayDick:
Na wa o. So what happens if Kashamu loses? What happens to those campaign vehicles he has already moving here and there?

They can just remove the stickers and sell them
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by haffaze777(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2018
seunmsg:

Kashamu and Adebutu cannot win the election individually and at this point, uniting to forge a common front is no longer possible.

I don't see dapo abiodun winning Ogun east which is his senatorial district, Ogun west is no go area and winning Ogun central is not going to be easy with the Amosun is going about dapo candidacy, so brother it's too early to predict outcome of Ogun state gubernatorial election, but I don't see PDP winning it either because majority of us here hate PDP

1 Like

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by seunmsg(m): 8:00am On Dec 18, 2018
haffaze777:

I don't see dapo abiodun winning Ogun east which is his senatorial district, Ogun west is no go area and winning Ogun central is not going to be easy with the Amosun is going about dapo candidacy, so brother it's too early to predict outcome of Ogun state gubernatorial election, but I don't see PDP winning it either because majority of us here hate PDP

I can bet Dapo will win Ogun east. He was defeated the last time narrowly by a combination of Kashamu and Adebutu. That combination no longer exist. Again, he’s now the governorship candidate of a major political party and Ijebu’s surest bet to government house, I think they will vote for him.

The dynamics of governorship election is not the same as senatorial election where an Ijebu man would be the senator irrespective of who wins. Osinbajo factor will also come into play.

Ogun central is APC stronghold. Core party members and supporters won’t abandon Dapo Abiodun because of Amosun.
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Humblega(m): 8:13am On Dec 18, 2018
seunmsg:

I can bet Dapo will win Ogun east. He was defeated the last time narrowly by a combination of Kashamu and Adebutu. That combination no longer exist. Again, he’s now the governorship candidate of a major political party and Ijebu’s surest bet to government house, I think they will vote for him.

The dynamics of governorship election is not the same as senatorial election where an Ijebu man would be the senator irrespective of who wins. Osinbajo factor will also come into play.

Ogun central is APC stronghold. Core party members and supporters won’t abandon Dapo Abiodun because of Amosun.

Do you know dat Dapo is not from Ijebu, though still ogun east.......d main reason why adebutu/kashamu believe d guy is weak......is like jona jang from plateau contesting and you say he is from North.

He was defeated then when apc was at its peak...

Osinbajo has very weak structure in ogun

Yes Ogun central is Apc stronghold but d main man that make dat possible is no more happy.......so it is easier for him to do adakadabra.....+ Ogun central sympathy for Ogun west (Yewa/Awori)

Dapo is d weakest politician out of d top 3 .......buruji/adebutu (pdp)., dapo (apc), Gni (adc)....

Sizeable number of neutral pple are swindling behind GNI......many non politicians self are using his steakers now

Seriously, d only oppotunity dapo has is d formidable apc structure he met on ground, thanks to Amosun + federal might if possible + lack of fund in d camp of GNI (ADC)

So Ogun election is still very dicey.....

2 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by haffaze777(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2018
seunmsg:

Don't be too sure about Ogun central because that's where am from,most people here will vote yewa man instead of dapo abiodun.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by haffaze777(m): 8:24am On Dec 18, 2018
Humblega:

Do you know dat Dapo is not from Ijebu, though still ogun east.......d main reason why adebutu/kashamu believe d guy is weak

Osinbajo has very weak structure in ogun

Yes Ogun central is Apc stronghold but d main man that make dat possible is no more happy.......so it is easier for him to do adakadabra.....

Dapo is d weakest politicaly out of d top 3 .......buruji/kashamu (pdp)., dapo (apc), Gni (adc)....

Seriously, d only oppotunity dapo has is d formidable apc structure he met on ground........

So Ogun election is still very dicey

I don't know who advise tinubu to pick dapo abiodun,ad it stand now I don't see dapo abiodun winning Ogun west and central,Ogun east is not sure as well so how can he win gubernatorial election den

1 Like

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by Humblega(m): 8:41am On Dec 18, 2018
haffaze777:

I don't know who advise tinubu to pick dapo abiodun,ad it stand now I don't see dapo abiodun winning Ogun west and central,Ogun east is not sure as well so how can he win gubernatorial election den

Picking dapo may cost Apc bitterly......d only right calculation i see from d camp is giving amosun Ogun central senate ticket, even wen he was stripped ..

It makes him confused.....his mind with his ally in Apm and contesting for senate in apc

He refuses to make posters, declares his intention and campaing.....while some apc has hijacked d oppotunity by puting him in their posters.....

1 Like

Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by helinues: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2018
haffaze777:

Don't be too sure about Ogun central because that's where am from,most people here will vote yewa man instead of dapo abiodun.

Speak for your self. Ogun central would rather vote for their son Dimeji instead of supporting GNI ( Yewa). GNI is the best candidate out of the 4 major party no doubt but he has always been at the wrong party. He should go and learn how to play Egba politics before associating with any party.

Amosun caused the confusion in the first place. He should have consulted all the major stakeholders in the state before endorsing almost 20 candidates. Who does that?
Re: Ogun PDP Crisis: Court To Decide Kashamu, Adebutu’s Fate Today by helinues: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2018
Humblega:

Picking dapo may cost Apc bitterly......d only right calculation i see from d camp is giving amosun Ogun central senate ticket, even wen he was stripped ..

It makes him confused.....his mind with his ally in Apm and contesting for senate in apc

He refuses to make posters, declares his intention and campaing.....while some apc has hijacked d oppotunity by puting him in their posters.....

Amosun do not need any yeye senatorial ticket. Should Buhari wins re-election, minister is certain for him. I think that's the deal cos he has relaxed his muscle these days. Remember their is Lacuna (Ogun rep in the cabinet) after Kemi resigned

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking Government House And State Cid Under Attack / Pastor Tunde Bakare Vows To Mobilise 12m Nigerians To Campaign Against IBB / 10,000MW Not Realisable By December - Nebo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.