Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,852 members, 7,851,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:04 AM

Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says Life Is Better Lived Together In Peace, Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says Life Is Better Lived Together In Peace, Unity (227 Views)

President Buhari Thanks Imo State People For Giving Him A Warm Reception / Polio: Buhari Thanks Osinbajo For Making Nigeria Proud / Abacha Loot: Buhari Thanks Swiss Govt For Returning $322.5m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says Life Is Better Lived Together In Peace, Unity by FarukEromosele(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has responded to Nigerians' goodwill messages to him on his 76th birthday celebration

- The president expressed immense gratitude to all friends and fellow citizens who wished him well on his birthday

- He also said that life in the country is better lived in peace and unity, adding that it has been his honour to serve Nigeria

President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed appreciation to Nigerians and friends for their prayers and goodwill messages, saying that “life is better lived together in peace, unity and prosperity.’’

The president conveyed his appreciation in a letter he personally signed and made available to State House correspondents by his special adviser on media and publicity, Femi Adesina, in Abuja on Monday, December 17, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports..

The letter read: “Dear Nigerians/Friends, it’s been my joy and honour to serve our country, Nigeria, for most of my life.

“As I turned 76 today, I am deeply grateful for all the prayers, goodwill messages and encouragement from Nigerians and friends, at home and abroad. Life is better lived together in peace, unity and prosperity.

“In all, I give glory to almighty Allah for mercies, and thanks to Nigerians for counting me worthy to serve them. It is something I have rededicated myself to, and will do to the very best of my ability.

“Nigeria has all the potentials for greatness. Our greatness as individuals will only derive from Nigeria’s greatness.

“So, on this special day, I commit myself again to the task of taking our country to greater heights, and invite you to partner with me in that worthy cause. Thank you.’’

NAN reports that the president marked his 76th birthday with special parade mounted by the Guards Brigade at the forecourt of the Presidential Villa, Abuja. The ceremony began with a special rendition that ushered the president into the forecourt

This was then followed by a special performance by the silent drill squad of the Guards Brigade, which included the formation of words like PMB @ 76

The event also witnessed special display by the Guards Brigade Band, wishing the presidenta “Happy Birthday’’ with their musical gadgets. Highlight of the event was the presentation of Birthday Cards to the celebrant.

The minister of defence, Mansur Dan-Ali presented birthday card on behalf of the country’s Armed Force, while the Secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha, presented on behalf of members of cabinet.
Re: Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says Life Is Better Lived Together In Peace, Unity by Jay5mie: 9:13am On Dec 18, 2018
Sharap

Re: Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says Life Is Better Lived Together In Peace, Unity by fabianjay101(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2018
Practice what you preach

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Assembly Dissolves LG Chairmen, Councillors / Senate Begins Probe Of Deji Adeyanju’s Arrest / Full Speech Of President Buhari At #budget2019 Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.