Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos (42639 Views)

I Was Unconscious For 7 Hours Neglected By Hospital Over N80k-Ex-minister Dalung / Dr Diasco Vwaere Dies At Odan Hospital As Faulty Elevator Falls From 10th Floor / Pregnant Woman In Need Of Emergency C-section Turned Away By Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by adesbreath: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2018
PennywysCares:
Life is business

We are not praying for things like this to happen, but don't blame the Nigerian doctors there are they for business, they have their responsibilities and people who depend on them. Most of Nigerian private hospitals are on rented apartment so they pay rent, pay the workers and equip the hospital with medications needed to care for patients all at the expense of their money.

So if they used the necessary medication for Mr A without him paying for it, there will be no medication for Mr B when he comes for it. Hospitals are not charity organization, even in government hospitals the health officers do make account to the appropriate authorities

So save the hatred and hash words and reason it as a business. The cost of managing a hospital is higher this days, try to listen to doctors side of the stories.

Keep talking pray you or your loved ones dont experience the hate practiced in hospitals...everybody is responsible for their actions... there's something called compassion.... I can't even talk much it's sad.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 19, 2018
No pharmaceutical store will give you an emergency drug because you are dying.I will advice private medical practitioners to refer patients who they sense can't afford to pay for their services in order to avoid these types of situations. Just give first aid and refer.However, the solution to all these is a functional health service system like those in the western countries. God help Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Cfab(m): 8:55am On Dec 19, 2018
Nigerians are the worst set of people to associate with always quick to aportion blames how many of u guys talking trash about doctors do ur own work judiciously and for free. I think nigerians deserve watever evil they think the government is doing to them
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by PRINCEVICKEY: 8:59am On Dec 19, 2018
he will now start using the phone in hell. cos i know u wont go to heaven ....hw can u compromise ur own life wt a phone..ordinary china practical
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by luluosas(m): 9:03am On Dec 19, 2018
Oh my God! He would have let go of his phone ooooooo. What a tragedy!
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by embee3(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2018
It is indeed very sad that the young man had to die. it is even worrisome that the public blame this on a Dr who is running his business. I think it is wrong to think that the hospital is a charitable establishment where you just walk in and get treated without thinking of the payment plans.
It is wrong to blame hospital owners or even doctors who run such hospitals. If you ask me, I blame it on the government who have failed to provide a good health insurance policy for its citizens. If there's a health insurance where everyone is covered, that young man wouldn't have died.
Another issue is the state of insecurity in our society today. You can not stay out later than 9pm because of fear of being attacked by hoodlums, while our security agents mount road blocks collecting ₦100 from motorist which is their priority and not your safety.
So, the problems are countless. That being said, you don't walk into a native doctor's shrine without anything to offer for the help you desire. So you shouldn't expect otherwise with the orthodox medicine.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Ekaka1(m): 9:19am On Dec 19, 2018
This is really very sad...it's depressing
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Ekaka1(m): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2018
embee3:
It is indeed very sad that the young man had to die. it is even worrisome that the public blame this on a Dr who is running his business. I think it is wrong to think that the hospital is a charitable establishment where you just walk in and get treated without thinking of the payment plans.
It is wrong to blame hospital owners or even doctors who run such hospitals. If you ask me, I blame it on the government who have failed to provide a good health insurance policy for its citizens. If there's a health insurance where everyone is covered, that young man wouldn't have died.
Another issue is the state of insecurity in our society today. You can not stay out later than 9pm because of fear of being attacked by hoodlums, while our security agents mount road blocks collecting ₦100 from motorist which is their priority and not your safety.
So, the problems are countless. That being said, you don't walk into a native doctor's shrine without anything to offer for the help you desire. So you shouldn't expect otherwise with the orthodox medicine.

This was an attack, a human soul was losing blood...the Drs knew he will die in moments from the wounds he sustained...how in the world will his immediate treatment and stabilization not be professionally a first consideration over and above monetary settlement.

Sometimes, people like you have to come down to our level...the compassion level. I worry that our generation has continued to lose value for life and those who were fore runners of this noble profession will turn in their graves!
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by anselm791(m): 10:00am On Dec 19, 2018
Olodo24:
Nigerian hospitals can never save a soul. It's always money, money and money. They even know nothing about first aid and emergency

why do we keep going there?
we should be flying abroad, oh yes, we all broke but still want the best.
you people should go and make money jor.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by afrodoc2: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2018
You should not ask for money first in a life threatening emergency.

It is either you commence full treatment while the family organizes payment OR you tell them you can’t treat and refer them to a PUBLIC hospital AFTER giving first aid.

What you should not do is sit there looking at a fellow human being bleed out and take his last breath while you are waiting for alert.

You can wait for alert in non life threatening cases, but waiting for alert when the patient is likely do die in minutes or hours is incredibly heartless.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by TinaG(f): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2018
It's a pity.RIP Dear
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by okrikaboi: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2018
oyigah:
Guy we are not the source of your frustration you can channel your bile to the politicians in abj... They screwed
the health system.
I am into the medical field am not a doctor but k study and work with them most of them are pompous, heartless and deluded it isn't their fault if you look at it from a certain angle. You see those of us in the medical field often lose touch with the outside world because of the nature of our unique education which challenges our memory rather than our intelligence.

Comment with courtesy next time no one is quarrelling with you

Peace
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by okrikaboi: 10:42am On Dec 19, 2018
omoelerin1:
Not only doctors. Every aspect of social system in Nigeria is sick. Is it police emergency or fire service? Try to put a call through official line or email of a public university to make enquiry if your call will be picked or you will have a response to you inquiry.
Go to a ministry or agency and see how they work and attend to people. Nigeria is a cursed nation.
Anyone who has the means of leaving this country should leave.
Nigeria can be likened unto a coin with two sides the people and the government. This country would have been bearable if at least the people have integrity and self respect but no everyone wants a change in government but will never agree to change themselves.
Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by AyoSammyTunDe(m): 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2018
There's this Doctor I met in Saki oyo state sometimes ago. He treated all students without collecting a dime. I meant admission treatment. It was typhoid fever then and we were about 5. Rumors has it that the man lost a lot of money with his attitude. He'll treat people before payment even operation he doesn't collect deposit. He's operating appendix for 50k. That UCH charged me 120k. There are still good doctors out there. He has been practicing for over 25yrs. God knows how much people have abscond with from him. I pray God continue to bless him and his family always.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies After Being 'Abandoned' By Hospital As Doctors Waited For Alert. Photos by Elzak(m): 3:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
Nigerians have strongly refused to be reasonable and a bunch of them are on nairaland. I have been noticing this for sometimes.

The hospital didn't try at allllll if you would ask me, but you guys have been bashing hospitals and Doctors for being heartless without even sparing a second to rain curses on the actual culprits, the hoodlums. Blame the security system small too na. Haba

Yes, Doctors took an oath to save life first but do you think the gods would provide medical stuffs for treatments. No they wouldn't.

I'm sure the hospital reacted that way too out of experience. I'm not justifying their actions though.

But wait you guys got me thinking. ..........

If actually we still have this many good and compassionate people in the country who are willing to tear Doctors apart for heartlessness we are still hopeful anyway

If all of you would just get a jamb form, score 300+(75% of u won't get anywhere near), drag yourselves to med school, sit on your butts for six years, read voluminous books, pass your exams, graduate then......

Coman open hospitals and equip them adequately where people come and get treatment for little or no fees, no advance payment, save life first, and all the bla bla bla wey una don talk for here, I'm sure Nigeria will be better to the extent that Americans and other of your role model countries would come here for medical reasons.

At least even if you blame Doctors for the wrongdoing of a Doctor try to appreciate them, it will go a long way in boosting their morale.

Doctors have lives. Yes nobody ask them to choose that path but believe me they do have lives.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: How Long Can Nigeria Be On Lockdown? / FMC Umuahia First Kidney Transplant Surgery Was Successful (Photos) / Lady Shows Weight Loss Transformation After 2 Years (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.