Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:20 PM

Lagos Anp Guber Candidate Bags Ndigbo Chieftaincy Title. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Anp Guber Candidate Bags Ndigbo Chieftaincy Title. (275 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Bags Chieftaincy Title In Auchi (Photos) / Patience Jonathan Bags Omuma Chieftaincy Title 'Nneoma 1 Of Omuma' (Photos) / 2 People Emerge Guber Candidate Of PDP In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Anp Guber Candidate Bags Ndigbo Chieftaincy Title. by ITMCNews: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2018
The governorship candidate of the Alliance National Party (ANP) in Lagos State, Barrister Ladipo Johnson, has been honoured with a chieftaincy title by the Igbo leadership in Alimosho area of the state.

He is now recognised as the EZI ENYI NDI IGBO, meaning a good friend of the Igbos. The new title was conferred on him by HRM Eze Lawrence Eze, the Eze Ndigbo of Alimosho at the weekend. At an elaborate event held at the Eze's Palace, Johnson was hailed as a true friend of Ndigbo in Lagos State, who had always sided with them on major issues affecting Igbo in the state.

The monarch went down memory lane to recall Johnson's noble deeds towards Igbos, stating specifically that the governorship candidate had usually fought for the economic and welfare interests of Igbos in the state and accordingly the new title was well deserved. "The title is well thought out and well informed by the antecedents of Barrister Ladipo Johnson, who is truly a friend of our people.

So I find it apt to bestow the title of Ezi Enyi Ndi Igbo on him. He deserves his new title and we wish him well as we believe he would continue to be of service to our people and the good people of Lagos State”, he stated. In his comments, Johnson thanked the monarch for considering him worthy of the title and pledged to continue to be of service to the Igbos in Lagos State, noting that he had always believed in the relevance and huge contributions of Igbos to the development of the state.

According to him, Igbos in Lagos State have come a long way and now will have to speak with one voice in order for them to be "properly heard", and also review their positions on major issues that affect their economic well-being and as such decide their future relevance in the scheme of things not only in Lagos State but also in national geopolitics.

"I'm particularly happy for this recognition and will never waiver in my commitment to the cause of Ndigbo anywhere. I'm enamoured by this huge reception and the Igbo culture on display here today. But as I said, Ndigbo must now think about the way forward for the renewal and growth of their cherished industries and enterprise and how this could affect their well-being as they continue to contribute their quota to the development of Lagos State", he stated.

(1) (Reply)

Davido Pledges Support For Governor Wike’s Re-election / Police Begin Search Of Nasarawa State To Hunt For Alex Badeh’s Killers / Before You Vote For Buhari Watch This, You Might Change Your Mind.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.