Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. (8171 Views)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Building Plan Approval Process And Cost In Lagos State. / Issues Of Land Documentation And Building Plan Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by RVPersie: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2010
This Lagos state and Nigeria as a whole can be a very frustrating bunch and you neither know what and where something annoying is going to throw you off guard. To buy a land in Lagos is Problem. To Investigate the Owners of the Land is Problem. To investigate Government Ownership of the land is Problem. To perfect your papers with Government is Problem. To get Building Plan approval is Problem. Na wetin? angry

I bought a land in Badore 3years ago and frankly speaking, i just left it there. Before i bought it, i did extreme due diligence. I used a lawyer to verify the owner and the families selling it. I went to Alausa to get a surveyor to know whether it was free from Government acquisition and he told me it was free. I paid all the fees to the omoniles and fenced the property and was glad i did it and left it there till i was ready to build it. Some few months back now, i decided to apply for my building plan approval and upon investigation i was told i must get the Governor's consent before i can obtain it. I started the process to get the Governors consent and a rough bill of almost N1Million naira was given to me as my assessment fee and i had to pay like N250,000 to start the process. In between the payments and the immediate receipts, i got a report that the land was not free and it encompasses where the 4th mainland bridge is to pass so they won't grant me a Governor's consent. undecided

I went back to Alausa and one surveyor told me that its a lie that the land is Free after charting it with their computers. Another one said that i should go for the land information department to get the true state of the land and after i paid N15,000 to get it in Alausa i was told that the land is not free that it is under Government acquisition. Now i looked at all the houses around me and wondered how all these beautiful houses sprang up and am the only one that is worrying. You need to see the houses there that people spent more than N15Million to build and they have been there for years. In fact under 3 years the value of my land has jumped so astronomically because when i bought it then, it was an up and coming choice area, now the place is a marvel to be in and if i didnt buy it then, i would be cursing myself for not taking advantage of the low cost then. A colleague who has a house there told me he faced this same problem few years ago and wondered what to do next. He told me i should not disturb my self about those Alausa people. After paying N5Million for the land, you now pay almost N1Million Naira or more for Governor's consent and almost a Million Naira for building plan , where will you get the money to build fence, contact an Architect and build your house?

He asked me How many lands in Lagos are free especially in Lekki/Ajah? What do Alausa define as free? Is a road, housing scheme, school etc they want to do there? Have they seen the thousands of Houses there springing up before they woke up to remember the land is to be used for constructing a bridge? How many people know about the master plan that Alausa so secretly hides from the public and when people want to buy it they say nothing but when they see people have bought it they now start harassing the owner of the land to pay ratification fee in future because they cannot demolish thousands of homes to render people homeless.

A neighbour who has been living there for close to 5 years now told me that i am wasting my time running from pillar to post sorting Alausa wahala pursuing one governors consent or the other or building plan approval. He told me to build what i want to build. That this same Alausa people are the ones who will even be waiting for you to build your house and when it gets to the roofing stage, they will come and mark your house 'X' and the only irritating thing is that they will continue to disturb you to give them a settling fee when ever council comes but you already have your house. In fact they are the same people that will still come and number your street, number your house with street identification, name the street after you, still disturb you for tenement rate and community or development levy and when the whole place is heavily populated with houses, the proposed bridge or road or what so ever thing they said in Alausa is being reserved for the governement will all of a sudden vanish and disappear. In fact i heard that to get building plan in ETI OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AND IBEJU LEKKI is like squeezing Water out of Stone but life goes on. A Colleague living in Sangotedo also asked me these mind puzzling questions.

[b]1. 'HOW MANY HOUSES ARE IN LAGOS TODAY AND HOW MANY PEOPLE OR HOUSES HAVE THE C/O or GOVERNORS CONSENT'? '

2.WITH ALL THE MANSIONS IN LEKKI TO AJAH TO ETI OSA SPRINGING UP BEING OWNED BY THE SAME PEOPLE IN ALAUSA AND THE COMMUNITY CHIEVES AND OBAS AND 80% OF THESE LANDS BELONG TO THE GOVERNMENT AND THEIR CROONIES , ARE THEY GOING TO DEMOLISH THE WHOLE LEKKI AJAH BECAUSE THEY WANT TO CREATE A ROAD OR BRIDGE OR BECAUSE ITS UNDER GOVERNMENT ACQUISTION?     

3. COMMON LEKKI AJAH TOLL GATE ROAD EXPANSION, LCC IS SPENDING BILLIONS OF PRIVATE DOLLARS AND THEY HAVEN'T EVEN REACHED THE SECOND ROUND ABOUT AND THEY ARE ALREADY BROKE BEGGING PEOPLE TO PAY TOLL GATE FEES BECAUSE THEY CANT SUSTAIN THE COST, THEN IS IT THE SAME NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT THAT WILL SPEND FREE  BILLIONS TO BUILD ONE BRIDGE OR ROAD WHEN THAT MONEY IS TO BE SHARED AND SIPHONED INTO SOME POCKETS?

4. WHICH ONE SCARES ME THE MOST. BUYING A LAND THAT IS UNDER GOVERNMENT ACQUISITION OR BUYING A FAKE LAND FROM OMONILE WHERE ALL MY MONEY WOULD HAVE DISAPPEARED?[/b]

Its my first land and i want to desperately build for my self and my young family. Selling it is not an option now because it takes time to sell a land and to use the money to start all this Wahala again is not too good for a person's health. I have considered Relocation by talking to the Sellers whom i still have a close relationship with but they are telling me point blank that NO REFUND AND NO RELOCATION Except i want to go into the Bush where they have plenty lands and i was told that if i allow my land to wait any much longer without development within the next  2 to 3 months that the area Omoniles will sell it to a willing buyer who would kill to have my land and i would lose from all ends and that's where the real wahala with start with police and court and i will be the ultimate loser . I am a little bit confused. Please advise me and no silly comments. This is a serious issue affecting Thousands or i dare say Millions of Lagosians who have bought land in Lekki/Ajah but every body is Afraid to say that they are also affected.

Lawyer where are you o!  Can you also advise on the way forward?
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Temin(m): 2:04am On Aug 05, 2010
My Brother. I clearly understand your worries because I am undergoing similar pain. Some in the ministry create this issues to make it difficult. I have decided to go a head with my structure.
If they will demolish it then they will have to do the same to all the building iin that area
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Lindseyrd: 9:27am On Aug 05, 2010
Although mine is not in govt acquired area but did not have planning permission or Governor consent before i started.I did the ractification after I have finished building the house.
I will strongly advice that you ask for further advice.Some of the people that have built their houses in your area might have more than one house and pulling one down amounts to nothing to them.The good thing with you is that you have been told and you cannot claim ignorance tomorrow.I wonder why you are even contemplating of taking such risk when you know the uncertainties surrounding the area.Why do you want to be living in your own house with a eye open,couple with hearth ache.
I understand that you are emotionally attached to the area seeing all the developments and wants to belong.This is Nigeria and most especially this is Lagos.My People are HEARTLESS!!!
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2010
Found myself in a similar situation recently. Still trying to wriggle free from the problem. I mean, the area is so fully developed, a choice estate. Exotic buildings everywhere. But I'd struggled with myself for long over my fears. Just didn't have any peace about the whole setup, especially as I found out the area is under Fed Govt acquisition. Eventually called on Nairaland lawyer, and he helped me do a search, and then confirmed what my fears had been all along. I certainly don't want to live in a mansion with fear, always with one eye open!

@ Poster,

My advice, if your mind is not at rest with this venture, DON'T proceed! First do your due diligence, by making sure you engage a professional to do a proper search of the property. Of importance also, check within you if you're at peace, and this goes for any other thing you're doing in life. If it can pass the peace test, then go ahead.

@ Lawyer,

I really want to thank you, lawyer, for your priceless advice. We're working on your recommendations. Cheers!
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by funkybaby(f): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2010
am presently working on a writeup on this.

problem will continue to persist until the Land Use Act of 1978 is amended undecided
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by funkybaby(f): 11:35am On Aug 06, 2010
Kiki2000:

@ Poster,

My advice, if your mind is not at rest with this venture, DON'T proceed! First do your due diligence, by making sure you engage a professional to do a proper search of the property.

exactly.
i will not encourage anyone to spend a penny on a property without conducting due diligence.

obtaining governor's consent BEFORE embarking on a major construction project might seem to take forever, but it is always worth it on the long run: Guaranteed peace of mind.
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by dplordx(m): 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2010

funkybaby you mean i shouldnt do anything until some omo-onile sells my land like they recently sold one of my unfenced plot? does that seem logical? anyone can do a search. all you need is a sincere lawyer who will charge you a fee. does that have to take the donkey period you mentioned?
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by funkybaby(f): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2010
dplordx:

funkybaby you mean i shouldnt do anything until some omo-onile sells my land like they recently sold one of my unfenced plot? does that seem logical? anyone can do a search. all you need is a sincere lawyer who will charge you a fee. does that have to take the donkey period you mentioned?

only a foolish person buys a land in lagos and leaves it unfenced. what were u relying on? survey plan?? survey beacons

did you read my post very well at all?

read it again and look out for three key words 'before', 'major' and 'guaranteed'

if what you are building is a two bedroom BQ, cool.
but spending as much as 20million naira and higher on a major construction project, its only sensible that there's a valid and genuine C of O on the land.

nuff said !
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Nuriel22: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2010
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by igbogolo: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2010
Hmmm,

Me i never buy land not to talk of building and am already having a headache reading this.
Na wa oh!
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
[b]C of O or no C of O's, the issue with Ajah and Lekki area is becoming very confusing and disturbing and Gov Fashola needs to sincerely show he cares about his constituents.
There are several State Government Acquisitions laid around like smart bombs, and you need more than just a lawyer, you need someone within Alausa who you can trust.
Ajah, Badagry are two tricky areas Lagosians should be extremely cautious before jumping into. It has a master plan, and only the same guys in Alausa who designed them are aware of where and where not to thread. And sometimes, they themselves arent even sure due to the constant changing plans been developed for the area.
I know one of them who is an expert in GIS rendering who long advised me not to buy any land at Ajah, Lekki, from Aradagun upwards in Badagry, unless I check with the guys within Alausa first after getting the survey.
Did anyone know that the refinery thats been proposed is yet to have to have a site? And that NNPC is yet to chart a new location for the major pipe lines that would connect it to the existing ones?
I would rather sit and build my beautiful mansion in the mainland than go battle nature, govt officials, master plans, unending toll gates, future re-designs, re-enginering and some bunch of soulless omo-oniles. But the temptation is too much. Lekki is definitely the future, and the challenge is worth it if one has a fat bank account.[/b]
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by beespak7(m): 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2010
NA waoo for this c of o and land wahala the state governor should please look into this matter seriously and save people alot of head ache and heart ache!!
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
I like this post mostly recommended for potential landlords and tenants re-locating.Also I will like to recommend this to our dear so called property consultants, hungry town planners and agents that are quick to mislead investors in order to get 5% agency fee.

For once, someone is bringing up a topic that will affect Lagosians pre/post megacity euphoria.Governor's Consent, C of O, Title doc, masterplan, town planning, assessment fee, Land Use Allocation Committee,Survey, Search to mention a few are technical jargons and terms that have been codified at a very high cerebral level by some individuals masquerading themselves as government Town Planners to mislead Lagosians especially the government that 'knows -no- adam' about urban development.

Some people are just milking us steadily and unnecessarily in this State by creating hurdles, raising tensions, showcasing undue relevance and increasing the level of corruption in the State.A confused administration that change policies often thus creating sommersaults in the implementation of such policies using deliberate poor public relations & communication to create confusion for its selfish needs. Just check the government's website on town planners & urban development and see when it was last updated.When you are ready to build your house, I recommend the following: Contact those that have already built in the same location and ask some questions,go to the local district office for Town Planning it is in all local govt offices and follow up with more questions.I have never posted this much comments on nairaland before. The Alausa people are filled with deceit, they promise to assist and only end up ambushing you. Pls be careful with them. Tabular rasa(empty slates) embarassed

Mama Chidera pls bring my favourite half-done indomie before I loose my temper tongue
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Aventures(m): 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
this is really a very tight situation, u are the cross road of taking a very important decision. Remember life is full of risk. You took a risk of buying the land at a very cheap amount now it has really appreciated greatly. well i wish to advise that u can as well take the same risk in going ahead and build but av plan B. you may wish to contact me for what i mean by plan B 08023142108. God bless
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 07, 2010
@keneking: you got it perfectly. lets hope our governor is takes time to care about what Lagosians are complaining about him.

[b]And I strongly believe Gov. Fashola's administration is undergoing a PR nightmare when it comes to how he relates with Lagosians. Lagosians know a little or nothing about his many plans, and theres little or no sincere effort to communicate his master plans and development goals to Lagosian. (Funny enough, everyone in Lagos are been made aware that they would be paying more for their daily BRT fare, and BRF Admin keeps beating a defeaning campaign drum when it comes to PAY YOUR TAX, yet a far more serious information that could save the dignity of aspiring home owners is been poorly circulated), Its as if these new master plans are been created for some privileged fews, with our Governor playing the quiet and suprising role of God.

Whats wrong with creating a blog or a board that would avert all this waste of resources and time? Will this cost the BRF admin more than #2,000,000 (two million naira) to publish a website that shows the entire Govt. Acquisition zones within Lagos? A platform showing the proposed and currently deliberated and planned master plans for the future within Lagos? Yet, millions is been spent on something as unyeilding as the Eyo Festival and many other baseless campaigns.
There are hundreds of websites showing Acquisition indexes, land law suits, federal acquisition, proposed parks, etc within every municiapilities and counties within the US. Whats wrong with doing something so harmless like that? I guess that will threaten the evil cabal within Alausa scheming aspiring home owners within Lagos?

The biggest shock is the people running BRF's different ministries and regulatory agencies because they are as power-drunk as he himself, and its a complete shame his administrative illegalities are been praised by everyone within Lagos. Go to Alausa, it would be like you are entering the presence of God Himself. The only agency that threats you with plenty respect and answers all your enquiries is just the LIRS which rakes in the tax.

Without a properly designed, installed, established and maintained system that allows free-flow of relevant and critical information, BRF would keep making unnecessary enemies. I know several people who have been a victim of the excesses of his administration. Are we talking about LASTMA An improved and smarter version of operating Agbero's who collect tolls from commuters, and whose purpose remains so meaningless and blurred, or the town planners who are more concerned about getting bribed, rather than doing the right job, or the several rings in Alausa creating fake C of O's?, and many more)

If anyone reads my past post on Nairaland, I have threatened a lot of people who criticized BRF, and its a shame I have eventually find out in a very hard way that theres something fundamentally wrong with the administrative of BRF and his personality. This was a man I was hoping would go as far as becoming the head of states. How wrong was I.
Because its very hard to find the difference between a leader who cant communicate his vision and carry people along with a dictactor? None, I guess.
Anyone who finds himself in the midst of life sucking officials, dubious agents who specialize in land issues within Lagos will find the Change factor of Gov. Fashola almost inhuman.
I hope something radical is done soon to fix all this communication nightmare.
Eko O Ni Baje E O![/b]
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Akosbaba(m): 12:36am On Aug 08, 2010
Try ur best to start building something on ur land cos when baba alayes start vying for it,real wahala begins
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Akosbaba(m): 12:36am On Aug 08, 2010
Try ur best to start building something on ur land cos when baba alayes start vying for it,real wahala begins
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Amitex(m): 7:17am On Aug 08, 2010
It is everywhere in Lagos & Gov Fashola nd to do something abt it I applied for CofO in 2007 & as I write the papers are not out Without it yu cannot get planning approval Just too bad
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by woleadisa(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
i believe adequate research was not done by that surveyor. Getting Governor's consent on a land whose is not up to 6m cannot be as high as 1m.Well i am a lawyer. i can help do the charting again.my no is 08075631371
'
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:53am On Aug 09, 2010
I gave up acquiring land in Lagos after been duped twice once by the land owner and then again by the lawyer. but hey . this is Lagos, you learn to Shine your Eye each day. That was 5 years ago but i doubt things have changed much.

I wish you luck with a lot of fasting and praying to get past the initial skepticism and eventual encounter with Alausa demons.
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by oluite(f): 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2010
I tink u should do smtin on that plot while still waiting for the Alausa but nothing dat will take too much money, Like a fish pond
Like a boys quaters
Like a out door hangout tin,
Smtin dat wont take too much investment,
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Imagineers: 12:46pm On Aug 09, 2010
You are welcome to Ikorodu!!!!!!! No hasles.

Ikorodu is the capital of Lagos State operating from Ikeja!!! Ha ikorodu Oga!!!!!
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by Pappij: 8:25am On Aug 10, 2010
aasog:

@keneking: you got it perfectly. lets hope our governor is takes time to care about what Lagosians are complaining about him.

[b]And I strongly believe Gov. Fashola's administration is undergoing a PR nightmare when it comes to how he relates with Lagosians. Lagosians know a little or nothing about his many plans, and theres little or no sincere effort to communicate his master plans and development goals to Lagosian. (Funny enough, everyone in Lagos are been made aware that they would be paying more for their daily BRT fare, and BRF Admin keeps beating a defeaning campaign drum when it comes to PAY YOUR TAX, yet a far more serious information that could save the dignity of aspiring home owners is been poorly circulated), Its as if these new master plans are been created for some privileged fews, with our Governor playing the quiet and suprising role of God.

Whats wrong with creating a blog or a board that would avert all this waste of resources and time? Will this cost the BRF admin more than #2,000,000 (two million naira) to publish a website that shows the entire Govt. Acquisition zones within Lagos? A platform showing the proposed and currently deliberated and planned master plans for the future within Lagos? Yet, millions is been spent on something as unyeilding as the Eyo Festival and many other baseless campaigns.
There are hundreds of websites showing Acquisition indexes, land law suits, federal acquisition, proposed parks, etc within every municiapilities and counties within the US. Whats wrong with doing something so harmless like that? I guess that will threaten the evil cabal within Alausa scheming aspiring home owners within Lagos?

The biggest shock is the people running BRF's different ministries and regulatory agencies because they are as power-drunk as he himself, and its a complete shame his administrative illegalities are been praised by everyone within Lagos. Go to Alausa, it would be like you are entering the presence of God Himself. The only agency that threats you with plenty respect and answers all your enquiries is just the LIRS which rakes in the tax.

Without a properly designed, installed, established and maintained system that allows free-flow of relevant and critical information, BRF would keep making unnecessary enemies. I know several people who have been a victim of the excesses of his administration. Are we talking about LASTMA An improved and smarter version of operating Agbero's who collect tolls from commuters, and whose purpose remains so meaningless and blurred, or the town planners who are more concerned about getting bribed, rather than doing the right job, or the several rings in Alausa creating fake C of O's?, and many more)

If anyone reads my past post on Nairaland, I have threatened a lot of people who criticized BRF, and its a shame I have eventually find out in a very hard way that theres something fundamentally wrong with the administrative of BRF and his personality. This was a man I was hoping would go as far as becoming the head of states. How wrong was I.
Because its very hard to find the difference between a leader who cant communicate his vision and carry people along with a dictactor? None, I guess.
Anyone who finds himself in the midst of life sucking officials, dubious agents who specialize in land issues within Lagos will find the Change factor of Gov. Fashola almost inhuman.
I hope something radical is done soon to fix all this communication nightmare.
Eko O Ni Baje E O![/b]

I couldnt agree with you more, this government and her policies are just off the mark.

Imagineers:

You are welcome to Ikorodu!!!!!!! No hasles.

Ikorodu is the capital of Lagos State operating from Ikeja!!! Ha ikorodu Oga!!!!!

Ha, please o, dont let them beam their light there o,
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by deac: 6:08pm On Feb 20, 2011
i also face the same problem, I Got a Full plot of Land at itamaga Ikorodu area last 3 years(2008), When i came back to Nigeria for xmas 2010, I went to Alausa to get a surveyor to know whether it was free from Government acquisition and he told me it was free. i was informed that is very okay and can build on it. After completing a massive building , i decided to apply for the CFO but was now informed that the land is Govt accusation for 4th mainland bridge.

I went back to Alausa and was informed that the land is 3-plot away from 4th mainland bridge but the government acquired the whole area. The area is very developed with massive building and this makes me wonder the next future of that environment

according my survey, he informed me that the land is 110Meter away from the 4th mainland bridge(3 plot away) that i should not panic because it is safe, but am very worried.I spent so much on that property.

need advice,
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by deac: 6:16pm On Feb 20, 2011
Huh i also face the same problem, I Got a Full plot of Land at itamaga Ikorodu area last 3 years(2008), When i came back to Nigeria for xmas 2010, I went to Alausa to get a surveyor to know whether it was free from Government acquisition and he told me it was free. i was informed that is very okay and can build on it. After completing a massive building , i decided to apply for the CFO but was now informed that the land is Govt accusation for 4th mainland bridge.

I went back to Alausa and was informed that the land is 3-plot away from 4th mainland bridge but the government acquired the whole area. The area is very developed with massive building and this makes me wonder the next future of that environment

according my survey, he informed me that the land is 110Meter away from the 4th mainland bridge(3 plot away) that i should not panic because it is safe, he informed me that the distance from Govt project is 50Meters away but am very worried.I spent so much on that property.

need advice,
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by ETALAGOS: 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2012
I need to confirm if mt Building Approval is ready.Who is at Eti osa Local Government
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by true2home(m): 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
where are all those naira ppl that are claiming to be working in Alausa and can help us?? We nigerian are our own worst enemy!! cry

[b][/b]my advice comingfrom someone that his parent lost over several plot and couple of fully built home to Mogodo in the 80s,
Save whatever money you still have and go elsewher where govn. is not eying and build you family a decent home. My entire family was destroyed as a resolve of demolished home. Even though my uncle fought the gov and even won as of recent in supreme court, Fashola offer badadry: joke compare from Magodo that they took and families that they destroyed.....PLS READ IF YOU PLAN TO OWN HOMES IN LAGOS!!!!
http://propertysearch.com.ng/blog/2012/04/23/scourt-verdict-reject-lagos-new-resettlement-offer/ MUST READ FOR All Interested in Building in LAGOS
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by true2home(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by oridosa: 10:19am On May 04, 2013
My brothers, it is not easy. I have the same problem with my land at ibeju-lekki. i bought this land 3 years ago, the person i gave money to acquire the land, did not do a proper check. We bought this land and when i tried to get C of O, i was told the land is under Government acquisition.

I went to alausa, i was told the same thing. What i do not understand, is that about 3 blocks on my side, is the radio station Brilla FM, behind me, some building going on. I came last week, neighbor built a massive house with marble. my plot is the only one around that has not been developed. They have even labeled the road, i.e Road 1 Road 2 etc.

My question and confusion is, do those people building, not know the area is under acquisition? or is it only my land that is under government acquisition?.

What can i do in this case....since everyone around me is building. The Omonile said, there is no problem with my land.

Abeg, make una help me....Naija want to frustrate my DNA.
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by oraelosikenny: 12:05pm On May 27, 2013
Two plots of land are available at Lekki phase 1. Situated at plot 9A and B, block 121, hakeem dickson A avenue, off T.F kuboye road (formerly jazz 38 road), lekki phase 1. Both are 753 square meteres and are fenced with a gate. Notable landmarks within the neighbourhood are firstbank, Nigerian police division hQ, oniru estate, etc. Both together go for N125m. The C of O and the building plan are available on request. For more enquiries please contact SHADOWestate (RC:2252759) on +234(0)8062811699.
Re: Problems Of Getting Governor's Consent And Building Plan Approval In Lagos. by tmoney4god: 4:18pm On Jul 26, 2013
If u need a Town Planning Consultant that can assist you for your Building Approval, C of O, Governor Consent,Engineer to supervise your Site both in Lagos,Ogun,Ibadan and Abuja. Dont hesistate to contact us on 08023657058 or 08062356591

(1) (Reply)

10 Acres Of Dry Land Facing The Ocean Available For Quick Sales From The Family / All Ensuite 4Bedrm Duplex with BQ @ PAN African Uni. (LBS) Gov Consent - wit Pix / Difference Bw A Miniflat And A Self Contained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.