Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After (37356 Views)

"He Is A Liar" Palestine UN Envoy Blames Israel For Gaza Hospital Massacre / President Joe Biden Wishes Barack Obama A Heartfelt: HAPPY BIRTHDAY / Joe Barton Sends Nudes To Lady With Explicit Text Message (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
The reaction to Wilson's outburst, nevertheless, was punishing — even without the specter of official House action.

His Web site crashed, he took a beating on Twitter as Republicans and Democrats alike condemned his behavior.

Wilson bolted the chamber as soon as Obama was finished speaking. Shortly thereafter, he issued an apology and called the White House to deliver one to the president personally. But he ended up on the line with Rahm Emanuel, Obama's fiery chief of staff, instead.

"This evening I let my emotions get the best of me," he said in a statement. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."

"I was embarrassed for the chamber and a Congress I love," Vice President Joe Biden said Thursday on ABC's "Good Morning America." "It demeaned the institution."

"I know that Congressman Wilson has issued an apology and made his thoughts known to the White House, which was the appropriate thing to do," said House Minority Whip Eric Cantor, R-Va. said.

Invoked the House's guest chaplain as the floor session opened Thursday: "Gracious God, we meet in a challenging moment of your history. We cannot control all that may endanger us, but we can choose our behavior and the example we set as leaders," said The Very Rev. George L.W. Werner, dean emeritus of Trinity Cathedral in Pittsburgh.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/32767813/ns/politics-health_care_reform/t/obama-accepts-apology-wilson-outburst/#.XBq_mFxKjIU

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by dannybrasky(m): 11:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sane country!! Not like ours.There are differences between chinonso of ajegunle and chukwudi of lekki. Even if the sky is falling,you would never see Yankee law makers acting like our chinonso of ajegunle.

I finally hit FTC! Get me a semi iced/chilled/Smokey bottle of beer abeg. grin

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
"We all make mistakes," Obama told reporters, a day after Wilson stunned the president and his colleagues with his outburst.

This is a teaching moment for Nigeria and Nigerians in general. We copied democracy from America, but we practice democracy upside down.

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.

The lawmaker was made to apologize to the president and to the general public.

The NASS leadership should have forced the lawmakers involved to apologize to the president or they themselves apologize on behalf of their members and their own failure to control their own NASS.

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by FarahAideed: 11:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
American presidents don't ago about protecting killer terrorist who have killed over 19 thousand people..Buhari is a liar and blood sucking demon

227 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by vinnex: 11:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
People are still camp in makeshift houses while their homes are occupied by killer herdsmen and the president is busy presenting more budget for killer herdsmen.. No focus president...

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by ashacot: 12:03am On Dec 20, 2018
Watch how some ode will come and.talk rubbish on this eye opening thread.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by yerokunphilips: 12:11am On Dec 20, 2018
It's only a foolish son that disgrace his father publicly

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Prompto: 1:31am On Dec 20, 2018
What I know is PDP will be paid back in its own coin when the time is due. Thank God Oshobaba if here to the rescue if Buhari chose to go slow.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by leofab(f): 3:02am On Dec 20, 2018
Lol..
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by gaddafe(m): 4:12am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

This is a teaching moment for Nigeria and Nigerians in general. We copied democracy from America, but we practice democracy upside down.

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.

The lawmaker was made to apologize to the president and to the general public.

The NASS leadership should have forced the lawmakers involved to apologize to the president or they themselves apologize on behalf of their members and their own failure to control their own NASS.

Out of curiosity I have to ask: Does the American president order his presidential guard to shoot unarmed civilians?

153 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Warship: 4:25am On Dec 20, 2018
The first time in Nigeria will a President be mocked during budget presentation at the National Assembly.

If anyone thinks it is not the first, let him or her provide video evidence of any other Nigerian President that was insulted at the NA.

7 Likes

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by royalamour(m): 4:25am On Dec 20, 2018
grin I am seeking to buy a Facebook page of 100k + likes. Please treat as urgent. DM is open for business.
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by sirfemoz(m): 4:42am On Dec 20, 2018
Now they are digging out news and crying the victim cry. Rewind back 4 years ago, they were the opposition and was hitting Jonathan front and back. Jonathan didn't complain, he only said," I'm the most insulted president in the world". Ordinary booing, they can't take.

Where it doesn't favour them, they will compare. Where it favours them, Nigeria is not America, that's what you will hear. Let them compare Nigeria with America in all aspects.

137 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by MartinCorridon: 5:05am On Dec 20, 2018
baliyubla:
Badehs murderers would have been found now, if this were America. Buhari is not only a Liar, but he's also a blood sucking terrorist and a recessionist.

Not supporting or denigrating Buhari here...

But if late Alex Badeh had not been so greedy about embezzling money meant for arms and security when he was Chief Of Defence staff, maybe, just maybe he would be alive today.

Thou shalt not speak ill of the dead, but hundreds of soldiers died ....thousands of civilians lost their lives as a consequence of Badeh sabotaging the Nation's security.

Karma has its way of dealing with people. Buhari is responsible for our security but Badeh too is complicit

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by selectedhero(m): 5:14am On Dec 20, 2018
Prompto:
What I know is PDP will be paid back in its own coin when the time is due. Thank God Oshobaba if here to the rescue if Buhari chose to go slow.

If APC lawmakers had any sence of civility they shouldn't have engaged themselves in obviously partisan chant of sai baba. They started what they could not finish. Stop feeling like victims. In sane climes the APC NASS caucas should be appologizing to Nigerians for their show of shame and disregard for the institution of the legislature.

67 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by helinues: 5:19am On Dec 20, 2018
This is Nigeria not America.

Even though I condemned the attitudes of some lawmakers yesterday but still karma is a bi.tch

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Racoon(m): 5:29am On Dec 20, 2018
[s]
deomelllo:

Republicans and Democrats in America don't tolerate such disrespect and assault on the presidency, especially @ Congress.The lawmaker was made to apologize to the president and to the general public.

[/s]
Which American democracy are you talking about when a Nigerian currently have the worst anti-democratic president who does not obeys the rule of law, involving in brazen impunity, supports ethnic cleansing by his killer fulani brother among many

So sad that ugly incidence like the ystdy show of shame/infamy happened again but all Nigerians will never forget how the APC esp.Lai Muhammed, Buhari himself, Bola Tinubu, El-Rufai, Prof.Wole Soyinka/Falana, etc all denigrated the office of the president because of their inordinate quest to attain power in 2015 esp.with the "Ojota Subsidy Protest" in Lagos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JjR3RHRs1w
Meanwhile hypocrisy and clueless is when Buhari/APC/"Occupy Nigeria Protesters" shouted that "Subsidy is a scam.Subsidy does not exist" And today "..President Muhammadu Buhari says the federal government has set aside N305 billion or $1 billion for fuel subsidy payments in the 2019 budget..."

So you can see that whatsoever that goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Karma is a bad bitch.Damnable hypocrites! angry angry

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by boss1310(m): 5:54am On Dec 20, 2018
If you are quoting America to make what was done to Buhari look bad then you better know that American presidents receive more insults than Nigerian from time immemorial
The people who booed might have done it for political or personal reasons but the truth remains that his government is not performing and he seems not to be aware of it when he speaks from those prepared documents of his.
If you take those documents from buhari and ask him to make a statement from it am sure he won't know what to say

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by dunkem21(m): 6:01am On Dec 20, 2018
selectedhero:

If APC lawmakers had any sence of civility they shouldn't have engaged themselves in obviously partisan chant of sai baba. They started what they could not finish. Stop feeling like victims. In same climes the APC NASS caucas should be appologizing to Nigerians for their show of shame and disregard for the institution of the legislature.

Don't mind them propagandists.. Have you seen where Obama was hailed by lawmakers for just coming to present budget?

The hailing caused the booing cheesy

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by chuka5000(m): 6:09am On Dec 20, 2018
dunkem21:

Don't mind them propagandists.. Have you seen where Obama was hailed by lawmakers for just coming to present budget?

The hailing caused the booing cheesy
thanks

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 6:21am On Dec 20, 2018
gaddafe:

Out of curiosity I have to ask: Does the American president order his presidential guard to shoot unarmed civilians?

Learn how to read, comprehend, stay on topic and follow simple internet discussion.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2018
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2018
Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by deomelllo: 6:31am On Dec 20, 2018
[[s]
Racoon:

Which American democracy are you talking about when a Nigerian currently have the worst anti-democratic president who does not obeys the rule of law, involving in brazen impunity, supports ethnic cleansing by his killer fulani brother among many

So sad that ugly incidence like the ystdy show of shame/infamy happened again but all Nigerians will never forget how the APC esp.Lai Muhammed, Buhari himself, Bola Tinubu, El-Rufai, Prof.Wole Soyinka/Falana, etc all denigrated the office of the president because of their inordinate quest to attain power in 2015 esp.with the "Ojota Subsidy Protest" in Lagos.

httHRs1w
Meanwhile hypocrisy and clueless is when Buhari/APC/"Occupy Nigeria Protesters" shouted that "Subsidy is a scam.Subsidy does not exist" And today "..President Muhammadu Buhari says the federal government has set aside N305 billion or $1 billion for fuel subsidy payments in the 2019 budget..."

So you can see that whatsoever that goes around not only comes around but also stays around.Karma is a bad bitch.Damnable hypocrites! angry angry
[/s]

The same meaningless, thoughtless, lawless, anti social, crude and class ipob mentally rubbish.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by FarahAideed: 6:38am On Dec 20, 2018
MartinCorridon:

Not supporting or denigrating Buhari here...

But if late Alex Badeh had not been so greedy about embezzling money meant for arms and security when he was Chief Of Defence staff, maybe, just maybe he would be alive today.

Thou shalt not speak ill of the dead, but hundreds of soldiers died ....thousands of civilians lost their lives as a consequence of Badeh sabotaging the Nation's security.

Karma has its way of dealing with people. Buhari is responsible for our security but Badeh too is complicit

If you know the Nigerian military financial hierarchy very well you will know Chief of Defence Staff is a ceremonial position in reality the real power lies with the Chief of Army Staff and Director of military procurement who happened to to be Buratai at that time

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Racoon(m): 6:55am On Dec 20, 2018
deomelllo:

The same meaningless, thoughtless, lawless, anti social, crude and class ipob mentally rubbish.
This is what happens when one only sees the illusion you have been programmed to believe.So sorry brother!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Racoon(m): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:

If you know the Nigerian military financial hierarchy very well you will know Chief of Defence Staff is a ceremonial position in reality the real power lies with the Chief of Army Staff and Director of military procurement who happened to to be Buratai at that time
My brother Abeg leave those fellas.

11 Likes

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by Racoon(m): 6:58am On Dec 20, 2018
dunkem21:
Don't mind them propagandists.. Have you seen where Obama was hailed by lawmakers for just coming to present budget? The hailing caused the booing cheesy
In civilized settings, budget presentation is an avenue to engage in robust debates and records are set straight including disagreement with a president.

I watched how Theresa May was almost finished off ystdy on the raging "BritExit" controversy in the parliament.This is participatory democracy & not the one in which everyone must be a sai baba zombie.

Buhari came to reel out lies on economic indices as regards the previous budget & policies of government @ present yet expects the legislators to look on?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by MartinCorridon: 6:58am On Dec 20, 2018
FarahAideed:

I am sorry then, since you are such a military expert...

The guy was St. BADEH. Thanks for showing us the light

6 Likes

Re: Joe Wilson Called Obama A Liar, What Happened After by FarahAideed: 7:04am On Dec 20, 2018
MartinCorridon:

I am sorry then, since you are such a military expert...

The guy was St. BADEH. Thanks for showing us the light

I am saying if you have any questions to ask about what happened to monies meant for Army equipment procurement you should be asking Buratai because he was the military director of procurement then and it's not a coincidence he bought houses in Dubai at the same period

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Al Jazeera Shut Down In Israel / Armed Men Attack Monrovia Ebola Clinic, 29 Patients Flee / World Leaders Who Have Congratulated Joe Biden (List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.