Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,978 members, 7,810,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend (3228 Views)

Couple’s Wedding Turned Into Funeral After Both Die Hours Before Wedding. / Zimbabwean Man Caught Having Sex At His Wife’s Funeral With A Prostitute(Photos) / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be a Close Friend With Single Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by gabito4luv(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2018
A close friend turned brother died on Monday this week. I have been in shock but just realized its best to move on. I am in a different town hence I have not been able to travel down to see the family till work closes officially this week. How do I ensure get gets a decent and befitting burial since the younger brother is the rightly person to bury him based on Edo traditional rites. My worry is that this brother of his in not in the same class as my late friend and may not put things well as my guy would wish. I know my friend in-toto and almost hear his voice in my head asking for up date in the burial arrangement (we call each other several times a day before now to get info about our daily activities). Heart broken

1 Like

Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by gabito4luv(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Himself and wife were involved in an accident, she made it while he didn't. She is yet to be told. I need to make sure her interest is well protected as they make preparations.
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by keepingmum: 11:48am On Dec 20, 2018
Sorry for your loss however, let his wife bury him according to how she wishes to. You may offer suggestions but please dont be too forward.

4 Likes

Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by gabito4luv(m): 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
keepingmum:
Sorry for your loss however, let his wife bury him according to how she wishes to. You may offer suggestions but please dont be too forward.
. His wife is still receiving treatment from the accident they both had. She cant be told now so as not to loose her. However in their culture, it is his younger male sibling that have major say in the burial arrangements.
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by Florblu(f): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2018
There's no two way to bury a man than to dig 6feet and cover him up.

There's no befitting burial than you taking care of his widow and children. Don't waste money on ceremony

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by sholay2011(m): 5:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
Florblu:

There's no befitting burial than you taking care of his widow and children. Don't waste money on ceremony
This.

Sorry for your loss sir. Death of a loved one is always painful.

2 Likes

Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by PurestBoy(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
keepingmum:

You've said it all
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by backnbeta(f): 6:49am On Dec 21, 2018
gabito4luv:
. His wife is still receiving treatment from the accident they both had. She cant be told now so as not to loose her. However in their culture, it is his younger male sibling that have major say in the burial arrangements.
He has a younger brother, let him take the decisions as culture dictates. You can assist by being there for him physically and financially.

3 Likes

Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by gabito4luv(m): 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2018
Thanks guys for the advice. Please can anyone assist with ways to remove this name of my facebook contact list on my dash board without unfriending him?
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 22, 2018
I guess u re talking about Emma Akhator, so sad to hear he is gone, we grew up in d same neighbourhood and church as well as attended same sec sch, he was my childhood friend, my family is still n shock, in fact am speechless embarassed embarassed cry cry cry
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by Chommieblaq(f): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2018
gabito4luv:
Thanks guys for the advice. Please can anyone assist with ways to remove this name of my facebook contact list on my dash board without unfriending him?

Sorry for your loss

Unfollow him on Facebook but he will still be on your friends list
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by Richy4(m): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2018
Sorry about your friend's demise... But it is the wife I am worried about...So she is not gonna say goodbye to her betterhalf...No last respect for her..., only for her to recover and u guys just pointed a grave to her... Are u sure this whole thing is a good idea?

4 Likes

Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by AxxeMan: 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:
A close friend turned brother died on Monday this week. I have been in shock but just realized its best to move on. I am in a different town hence I have not been able to travel down to see the family till work closes officially this week. How do I ensure get gets a decent and befitting burial since the younger brother is the rightly person to bury him based on Edo traditional rites. My worry is that this brother of his in not in the same class as my late friend and may not put things well as my guy would wish. I know my friend in-toto and almost hear his voice in my head asking for up date in the burial arrangement (we call each other several times a day before now to get info about our daily activities). Heart broken

What happened to your post on front-page it is hidden
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by Jonscotin: 4:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
So sorry abt that. But it's better to wait till the wife recovers
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by Coolgent(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2019
Florblu:

Wise Lady,
God bless u
Re: How Do One Plan A Funeral For A Close Friend by stonecoldcafe: 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2019
gabito4luv:

Listen dear brethren, there are instances where the best of friends know when wisdom is required. In cases of death, family takes the lead. As a good friend, you can contribute financially morally and otherwise. You can let the familyy know you are available and on stand by. You can rally common friend eg work colleagues or old boys association. However there is a part a man's family's plays e.g when and where to bury, informing elders in their family or village etc

Please allow them. Be guided brethren. Sorry for your loss. Rip to the bereaved family and friends

(1) (Reply)

Money Heist: Is It Possible To Love With Your Head Fully? / In Dire Need Of Honest Advice / The Challenges Of Finding A Wife In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.