Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] (8207 Views)

Buhari Swears In Muheeba Dankaka, Chairman, Members Of FCC, RMAFC, Others / Buhari Swears-in Chairman, Members Of RMAFC / PDP Compiles Members’ List Killed During Osun Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by babecode: 1:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
[img]https://1.bp..com/-aLDS0fo0i2s/XBuOKjO2xzI/AAAAAAABDUc/3cwLixt8Owg_onDrRX1SinsVjEUhoUmbwCLcBGAs/s1600/Nigerian-Senate-in-session.jpg[/img]

The Senate on Thursday confirmed the appointment of Prof. Bolaji Owasanoye as Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC).

Also confirmed were eight others as members of the ICPC board.

They are Grace Chinda from Delta, Okolo Titus (Enugu), Obiora Igwedebia (Anambra), Olubukola Balogun (Lagos) and Justice Adamu Bello (Katsina).

The other members are Hannatu Muhammed (Jigawa), Abdullahi Saidu (Niger) and Yahaya Dauda (Nasarawa).

The Senate also confirmed the appointment of Justice Uwani Abba as a Justice of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/breaking-senate-confirms-owasanoye-8-others-as-icpc-chairman-members.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Niorte: 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
Waoh! I'm elated. His wife used to be my favourite teacher back then in secondary school.

She's rich and modest, cool, calm and collected. Truly, behind every real successful and responsible man, there is a woman.

Modified:

One reason PDP still excel APC in fight against corruption.
PDP established institutions such as ICPC, EFCC and system of curbing corruption such as BVN and TSA in fact, PDP through Jonathan signed a bill to make court action against corruption cases faster.

What has APC done that will outlived Buhari in fight against corruption? Certainly PDP built institutions and systems which they can also be subjected to when they leave power but APC fight against corruption is hung on President Buhari. When the president leaves office, who or what can be used to fight corruption.

PDP is not perfect but they are better administrators than APC. APC is great as an Opposition party.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by festacman(m): 1:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
Yes, PDP established EFCC and ICPC but that did not stop them from emptying the treasury and stealing the money budgeted for Boko Haram war. Corruption is in PDP's gene as party. They can't help themselves. We need to help them.

How do we help them?
1. PDP needs to be kept far far far away from the treasury.
2. Come February 2019, we will do deliverance for them. Get your PVC ready.-

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Wiki9ja: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
okay good
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by mids(m): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2018
Good 1
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by wikiadamin: 9:09am On Dec 21, 2018
k

2019 Election: Those sharing money will be put to shame – Accord Party

https://pulsenaija.com.ng/news/2019-election-those-sharing-money-will-be-put-to-shame-accord-party/
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by san316(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2018
I wish them luck in their new office.
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by israelmao(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2018
Trying to balance the imbalance in past appointments is just too late.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Oweku: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2018
OK... Let the highs have it..

Start making money as u browse... Its free

Click my signature below..
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2018
Good appointment .

All looters will vomit the monies they all stole.

Another good way to go.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by ClearFlair: 9:12am On Dec 21, 2018
Corruption-loving PDP politicians will not like this. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Sultty(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2018
The way they appointed these board members ehn sad why is d core north holding 4 members while down south they are 3 members
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:13am On Dec 21, 2018
ClearFlair:
Corruption-loving PDP politicians will not like this. grin
But they have no choice bro...they should start living with it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by abogjohn(m): 9:14am On Dec 21, 2018
Igbo full ICPC now nobody called Buhari a Bigot, which other English sef Nepotism.. make una continue

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Mccullum: 9:15am On Dec 21, 2018
They should deliver their assignment excellently because failure to do that unfaithful to fathers land.
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by nnachukz(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2018
israelmao:
Trying to balance the imbalance in past appointments is just too late.
He was forced to balance it based on what he suffered in the one he presented to be confirmed concerning EFCC. Senators couldn't do that because it was lopsided as usual. So he feared this will be the same hence he tried to balance it a little.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Makanjuola89: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2018
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Makanjuola89: 9:26am On Dec 21, 2018
Niorte:
Waoh! I'm elated. His wife used to be my favourite teacher back then in secondary school.

She's rich and modest, cool, calm and collected. Truly, behind every real successful and responsible man, there is a woman.

Modified:

PDP established institutions such as ICPC, EFCC and system of curbing corruption such as BVN and TSA in fact, PDP through Jonathan signed a bill to make court action against corruption cases faster.

What has APC done that will outlived Buhari in fight against corruption? Certainly PDP built institutions and systems which they can also be subjected to when they leave power but APC fight against corruption is hung on President Buhari. When the president leaves office, who or what can be used to fight corruption.

PDP is not perfect but they are better administrators than APC. APC is great as an Opposition party.
What is the point establishing or building new institutions when the existing ones are enough. What is needed to do is strengthen the available ones and make sure they are fully implemented and thats exactly what Buhari is doing.

One of the reasons Nigeria has not been moving is that whenever a new government takes over they believe they have to do something new (infrastructures, policies etc). If our past governments had done what Buhari is doing now by making sure all abandoned projects are completed and implementing all useful policies and ideas initiated by previous administrations, Nigeria would have become great.

Institutions like ICPC, EFCC and other policies like TSA and BVN are enough for now as tools to curb corruption to a great extent. It is not until we have repetition of duties before we know that a government is working. Even though Buhari did not create any new ones, It is very obvious that corruption has never been fought like now before in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by eedriyz(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2018
Niorte:

Modified:

So, he should scrap these programmes and start his own all in the name of "na me start am"? PDP created these programmes for eyesaw, semi-zero implementation. I just hope they can be more effective than they are right now because there is way too much improvements to be done

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Onyemadonald(m): 9:47am On Dec 21, 2018
ikpuology:
My Ban expired right on time for I must spread the truth.

SEUN IS A BLOODY RELIGIOUS EXTREMIST.
SEE THE IRRELEVANT ISLAMIC TOPICS COMING UP ON THE FP?
WHY DO WE HAVE TO BE SADDLED WITH IT?

YOU CAN BAN ME AGAIN LALASTICLALA, BUT I ASSURE YOU,
I HAVE THOUSANDS OF MONIKERS AT THE READY TO PROMULGATE THE TRUTH AND LIBERATE THIS FORUM FROM TERRORISTS.
Are irrelevant Christian topics not making front page on Sundays?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Onyemadonald(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2018
Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Isobug: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2018
festacman:
Yes, PDP established EFCC and ICPC but that did not stop them from emptying the treasury and stealing the money budgeted for Boko Haram war. Corruption is in PDP's gene as party. They can't help themselves. We need to help them.

How do we help them?
1. PDP needs to be kept far far far away from the treasury.
2. Come February 2019, we will do deliverance for them. Get your PVC ready.-

Emptying the treasure? But you were just told. You did not see. Don't you think the APC looted the treasury base and claimed to meet an empty treasury? Use your head

Re: Breaking: Senate Confirms Owasanoye, 8 Others As ICPC Chairman, Members [list] by Onyemadonald(m): 10:05am On Dec 21, 2018
ikpuology:

Do you have to swear an oath before you comment on a Christian thread?
If they feel insecure about the comments they will get in an Islamic thread,
Whose problem is it? Christians or Muslims?
No I don't swear an oath because the Muslims that comment irresponsibly on Christians thread the way Christians comment on their thread. Even Christians comment irresponsibly on Christians thread.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Images Of Abakaliki Trends On Twitter / When Will Lagos State Pay Pensioners Their Entitlements? / Ogun Group Petitions IGP On Release Of Vehicles Seized From Amosun's Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.