Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari (12671 Views)

New Wage Begins April, FG Votes ₦‎24 Trillion For Salaries / "Na Them Dey Rush Buhari": List Of Heads Of State Who Visited Buhari / Tinubu Commends Fayose, Eleka After Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Mrakeli: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ekiti State Government on Thursday received N3.9 billion from the Federal Government as the last tranche of its Paris Club refund.

As directed by the President, N3.3billion was also deducted and paid as outstanding 2016-2018 counterpart fund for Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) being owed by the state.

Consequently, the State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, has directed that the N3.9billion refund be applied to pay one month of outstanding arrears to state and local government workers, teachers and pensioners, in line with his promise to Ekiti workers and people.

This will be done with an augmentation from internal savings.

According to a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr Yinka Oyebode, the Paris Club refund was received following President Mohammadu Buhari’s intervention in the matter, after Governor Fayemi’s last week visit to the President.

Governor Fayemi expressed appreciation to the President for the timely intervention, having assured workers in the state that his administration would explore all avenues to clear the five to eight months salary arrears owed workers in the state by the immediate past administration, within a reasonable period.

Dr Fayemi, had while fielding questions during the monthly “Meet Your Governor” programme on television and radio last week re-assured workers that he was yet to receive the Paris Club refund, adding that he would make it public once the state received the payment.

The immediate past administration of Mr Ayodele Fayose had received a total N18.34 billion Paris Club refund in three tranches between December 2016 and December 2017, in addition to bailout funds, budget support funds and excess crude support, all totalling about N55 billion, but failed to utilise it on salary being owed workers and retirees.

The first tranche of the Paris Club refund totalling N8.87 billion was received in December 2016. The state also got N4.77 billion in July 2017 and another N4.7billion in December 2017.

Governor Fayemi has however assured workers in the state that his administration will not owe them salaries, adding that he would clear outstanding salaries for all categories of workers within one year.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/ekitis-n39billion-paris-club-refund-for.html

5 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Abbeyme: 7:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good rapport

I will advise the gov to make sure he does not divert the funds for other state matters.

5 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good for them...

2 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Mbamally(m): 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sai Baba 2019 grin

The World is Watching Us.. We Should be Above This

17 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Derinhenz: 7:01pm On Dec 20, 2018

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by SouthWestBlood(m): 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2018
Typing
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by deboysben(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
If only it would be used judiciously

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by NOC1(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
My number approach to my constituency is the method adopted by Fayemi, monthly interaction with your people will make you know what is going wrong, because that's the only means that you will reach out to communities you can't visit.
I will allow a phone in program to run for 3hrs every first Saturday of the month, that is my closest means of communication. At the quarter of every year i will have a town hall meeting with community leaders.
Fayemi understand what us governance, i pray he will continue like this.

6 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by neolboy(m): 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
Okay

1 Like

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
Mrakeli:

This will be done with an augmentation from internal savings.

https://www.akelicious.net/2018/12/ekitis-n39billion-paris-club-refund-for.html[/b]
Fayose left you some savings!

No be say tomorrow now you go dey shout zero accant upandan!

However with ALL the diversification emphasised how do you intend to raise fund

We all know that it's the fear of the 2019 uncertainty that is pushing to do ALL This! Immediately after that as usual you will start giving excuses!

4 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by gurunlocker: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
What if there's no Paris refund?
How will these governors pay salaries of workers?
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by RussianKGB: 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2018
At the rate monies are being released by this present APC Federal Government i wonder if any savings will be left before their four years tenure expires.

1 Like

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by SimplePlan34: 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
This is how buhari strong arm his opponent if due process is followed buhari should not have the sole power to release funds. Fayose was strong armed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by SingleWahala(f): 7:10pm On Dec 20, 2018
grin.....I am still in Pains grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by FisifunKododada: 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2018
See immediate impact. Unlike the pomo ambassador who only knows how to navigate the pomo industry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
bubu has failed nigerians

1 Like

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by dermmy(m): 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
In Fayose's voice "The paris club refund is not.enough to offset salaries" GOD bless Nigeria
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by la1(m): 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
SimplePlan34:
This is how buhari strong arm his opponent if due process is followed buhari should not have the sole power to release funds. Fayose was strong armed.

..Yes He was "strong armed" with N55billion in releases over a 12- 16month period?... some of you are irredeemable.

4 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Optimist88(m): 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
And Fayose cried of not receiving this cash then but we never believe him! The same way Fayose received 2.1b towards election, Fayemi has gotten even more!
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
Derinhenz:

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

baba this is your third moniker now well-done na u be Eouae, Denikyan and also this new one
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Derinhenz: 7:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
matex97:
baba this is your third moniker now well-done
na u be Eouae, Denikyan and also this new one

They have blocked those accounts, Over 15 accounts blocked, so I have to open new ones. Its free so it doesn't cost me anything

But at a time, you brilliant.

1 Like

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
Quiet disheartening to see some people celebrating Buhari the dullard. He chose not to release the fund because the then governor fayose was opposition party. I thought they said this man get integrity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
Derinhenz:

They have blocked those accounts, Over 15 accounts blocked, so I have to open new ones. Its free so it doesn't cost me anything

But at a time, you brilliant.
ok bro
how was work today
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Derinhenz: 7:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
matex97:
ok bro
how was work today

Good, very good
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Chukazu: 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2018
Why didn't Buhari release same money to Fayoshe?

Playing politics with human life
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by Charly68: 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good to be connected to central Govt. Our former Governor was just too garrulous to lobby for good things from the central .
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by mechanics(m): 9:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
Action governor, Fayose really starve the workers o.
Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by onubijoe(m): 10:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
Injustice has been a reigning thing in the life of PMB . the same money you refused release fo FAYOSE now can release to deceive people to vote for u. it can't happen again

1 Like

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by MrCaesar: 11:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
I am so disappointed in President Buhari. This shows he is putting party politics above the interest of the people. I can remember how Fayose tried all he could to get this money for the people of Ekiti, but they refused to release it. Now Fayemi is onboard, they decided to release the fund because he's a party member. This is so petty.

4 Likes

Re: N3.9b Paris Club Refund For Salaries Was Released After Fayemi Visited Buhari by larride(m): 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2018
MrCaesar:
I am so disappointed in President Buhari. This shows he is putting party politics above the interest of the people. I can remember how Fayose tried all he could to get this money for the people of Ekiti, but they refused to release it. Now Fayemi is onboard, they decided to release the fund because he's a party member. This is so petty.

Fayose got 3 Paris Club refund, what did he do with it. Is it that you guys are allergic to reading or comprehension is your problem?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Start Preparing Handover Notes, Ize-Iyamu Tells Obaseki / Videos & Pictures From PDP Presidential Rally In Sokoto / Baby Girl Welcomed At Malkohi IDP In Yola (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.