Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,845 members, 7,851,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:38 AM

FG Speaks On Deji Adeyanju’s Detention, 2019 Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Speaks On Deji Adeyanju’s Detention, 2019 Election (535 Views)

Saw This On Deji Adeyanju Twiiter, / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Speaks On Deji Adeyanju’s Detention, 2019 Election by 16Ebiscoo: 6:53pm On Dec 20, 2018
Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed has reacted to the allegation of clampdown on civil society with the re-arrest and detention of Deji Adeyanju.

He spoke at a media briefing on Thursday in Abuja.

He said: “There is no clampdown on any civil society, except in the wild imagination of naysayers.

“As I have said, being in opposition is no licence to break the law and then hope to escape justice.

“If the police have re-arrested Adeyanju, they must have a compelling reason to do so. Anyone who breaks the law must face justice’’.

Mohammed said that the alleged fears that the security agencies might be partisan during the 2019 polls was the figment of imagination of the opposition.

“The opposition is only crying wolf where there is none, and in view of what they did during their 16 years in power.

“They never really won a free and fair election. Their strategy was to use the
security agencies to thwart the wishes of voters.

“They did it in Ekiti and Osun in 2014. I was a victim in Osun, so I know what I am saying.

“But the guilty are always afraid. They think what they have done to others is what will be done to them,’’ he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/fg-speaks-deji-adeyanjus-detention-2019-election/

Re: FG Speaks On Deji Adeyanju’s Detention, 2019 Election by PurestBoy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
Can't APC talk without mentioning 16 years?
Re: FG Speaks On Deji Adeyanju’s Detention, 2019 Election by Papasmal(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2018
PurestBoy:

I also wonder,

16 years is new anthem now.
Re: FG Speaks On Deji Adeyanju’s Detention, 2019 Election by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
PurestBoy:

What do we do with history then? Make it disappear? Pretend it never happened? PDP must wear that 16 years toga of shame. You are only upset because you know the constant reminder of 16 years of PDP misrule will linger in the mind of the electorate and will cost them votes.

(1) (Reply)

Dangote And Otedola In APC Presidential Campaign Committee... / Prophet T.B Joshua Denies Predicting Atiku's Victory In 2019 / 2019: Why Udom Emmanuel Will Win  Emmanuel Nicholas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.