Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop (3930 Views)

2019 Elections: Bishop Oyedepo Rains Curses, Reveals What Will Happen / Prophet Wale Olagunju Prophecies About 2019 Elections That Have Come To Pass / Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by 20Ebisco: 7:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
The Catholic Bishop of Awka Diocese, Most Reverend Dr Paulinus Ezeokafor has said that those who engage in vote buying in the 2019 general elections are committing sin, and need to atone for their sins through confession.

The Catholic Bishop stated this during an interaction with journalists on Thursday evening to convey his Christmas message, saying that next year would be a critical decision-making year for the country and must be taken very seriously.

He said, “Vote buying is a sin, and those who do that must go for confession. It is a sin, sin in quote, I say in quote because you may say it is not among the 10 commandments by God. So I put it in a context so I can take responsibility for what I said.

“Even the one who received money to vote is also a sinner, and must go for confession, because if you did not demand, the politician will not give.”

The bishop also cautioned Nigerians to celebrate the birth of Christ (Christmas) in modesty, saying that the problems associated with the yuletide have always been because people tend to achieve what they could not in 11 month, in the month of December.

“The period of Christmas is a time for modesty and celebration of the life of Christ which he lived for us. Live moderately and remember that there will be next year, and that struggle and the challenges of life will continue,” he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/20/2019-elections-giving-collecting-bribe-vote-sin-catholic-bishop/

4 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by abtallest24(m): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2018
bribe wey dy sweet like honey
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Heywhizzy(m): 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
But Pastors, Bishops and Reverend fathers that welcome polithiefcians as VIPs to their churches during election period as a silent medium to stylishly buy the votes of the entire congregation are not committing sin.. It's well

5 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by abtallest24(m): 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2018
bribe wey sweet pass honey
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Redoil: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
People are hungry and are ready to whatever you tell them to do
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
Tell that to Rev father malam mohammed mbaka.
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by OyiboOyibo(m): 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
truetalk
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by SingleWahala(f): 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
grin....common shut up lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed We need PDP dollar Envelope once more grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:13pm On Dec 20, 2018
Naso.com

Oan,
TRUE CONFESSION FROM :
People have been asking how much we were paid to campaign for Buhari.
We always deny the allegation.
The new year is around the corner and we want to come clean.
Yes we were paid to campaign for Buhari 
Buhari himself paid us.
He paid us when he started completing abandoned projects, he paid us when he paid pensioners, he paid us when after 35 years of paper work he finally brought a train to Warri.
Yes he paid us to campaign for him
He paid us when he allowed even those that curse him to access N power and Tradermoni. He paid us when he prevented fuel marketers from going on strike that would have lead to untold hardship during the holiday period
He paid us, and handsomely too. 
For more of these payments we are voting for PMB come 2019.
GOD BLESS OUR PRESIDENT MUHAMMADU BUHARI

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by FisifunKododada: 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
Please tell PDP o! Party of looters and bribers.

1 Like

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by nextstep(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
But if I collect bribe from all candidates, and still vote for my choice, is that still a sin? grin

My people don dey wise: collect all you can from politheifcians, then vote as you like. After all, the money they are sharing, did they earn it, or is it our collective money?

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Derinhenz: 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
God understands!

We will settle it in Heaven

Lets finish Earth first. When we get to the river bank, we will cross over
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Bossontop(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
undecided
Sahh??....u say??...now wey politicians don dey pay ans i don already plan how i go colet my share from as many of dem wey dey pay??.....sah??....u say wetin??

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by abismal3(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hmmm
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Iziq(m): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
You can only preach this type of sermon when there is no hunger in the land anymore!
In a country where many people don't make up to 2k in a day?
Even you will collect it with alacrity!!
collect the money but vote your mind.
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by LamareLamare: 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
But we will all collect
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Markn: 7:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ok
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by visijo(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
The ability to control tears when food doesn't get to you in an occasion is the highest form of maturity �

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by theophorus(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
...For those who care to Listen.

Life is about transactions and during transaction Money and Values are exchanged.

Listen careful, If You collect Money for voting then, You don't have the right to complain and criticise the Government because you were PAID for 4Years of bad Governance...

Finally, if you collect Money during elections; then you are part of NIGERIA'S Problem and It is Our prayer that the Good Lord will destroy all over Problem as a Nation.

#God_Deliver_Nigeria.
#Stop_Deceiving_Yourself.
#Change_Begin_With_You.
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by sweetyme001(f): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hope Atiku was in that meeting?
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Princedapace(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Will they hear? Nigerian leaders and the masses are the same.
Nigerians are naturally greedy. We are not the only country in the world with bad govt and high rate of unemployment. But we are well known globally for fraud and criminally minded deals.

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing.
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by InansBobo(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Someone said its still our money
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by virginboy1(m): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
Waiting concern me,

Pls ,Am looking for the nurse that circumcised my dick .... she deserve an Award .... you need to see the caving*, cool wink
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Anstone: 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2018
To vote is a sin itself
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Offpoint: 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
It's only a sin when the money collected is spend on oloshos....not when you buy Xmas chicken with it.
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Lankybaby(f): 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2018
story for d Gods
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for letting us know captain obvious
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Iziq(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2018
visijo:
The ability to control tears when food doesn't get to you in an occasion is the highest form of maturity �
Take hear sir grin
visijo:
Take hear sir
Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by Greatzeus(m): 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sir,its like you are far from current religious reality in Nigeria now. People dont care whether a thing is sinful or not again,especially if they stand to benefit financially or sexually grin People dont fear God Again,the love of many has wax cold cry

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop by chiedu7: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
Go tell the so called RCCG Pastor called Osinbajo Osungbade

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? / Why Are We Captivated By Nature's Beauty? / I Want To Join Secret Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.