Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? (3928 Views)

10 Bad Things Nigerian Christian Youths Do In Church / Ideas I Once Had About God When I Was A Christian / "Should I Be Disappointed In God,when It Looks As Tho He Doesn't Answer Prayers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Flashaldrin(m): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
I spend most of time in the hospital, and believe me, i've seen so much pain.
people are suffering going through extreme pain, even outside the hospital, we hear of untold hardships, violence, discrimination, abuse, subjugation etc
what pains me most is that majority of this people are the good ones, the religious ones, those that cling onto the faith they have in their God, no matter their condition, yet this things and worse happen to them.
I just i came back from the ward now after seeing the mother of a friend of mine, she was suffering from br[i]e[/i]ast cancer that has already metastasized, she was in so much pain you could feel it, and she has been like that for the past one year now. this woman before her illness was a very very dedicated worker in her church, so deeply committed to serving her God, including her husband and ALL her children. when the sickness started am sure they must have read of the promises of God in the bible and started praying based on it, but yet the pain and suffering just increases, now she is all dry and shrunken, and money is being wasted but yet God is there, watching. . .
there was this other small girl, about 5 yrs old, that just got her two legs amputated, you need to hear her screaming, and the tears pouring from her eyes, so innocent and young yet passing through all this now.
I've also heard countless stories of innocent children barely 6 years old being raped, this helpless and defenseless ones are as we learn in the bible, the closest to God's heart.
Sometimes am just confused, and nothing makes sense anymore, I'm a christian, and i know we have a compassionate and loving God, that loves even sinners, so i cant help but ask, WHERE IS GOD WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

p.s: this is not a thread to argue whether God exists or not, i just need the opinion of Christians and other God-believing religions. thanks.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2012
Flashaldrin:

I spend most of time in the hospital, and believe me, i've seen so much pain.
people are suffering going through extreme pain, even outside the hospital, we hear of untold hardships, violence, discrimination, abuse, subjugation etc
what pains me most is that majority of this people are the good ones, the religious ones those that cling onto the faith they have in their God, no matter their condition, yet this things and worse happen to them.
I just i came back from the ward now after seeing the mother of a friend of mine, she was suffering from br[i]e[/i]ast cancer that has already metastasized, she was in so much pain you could feel it, and she has been like that for the past one year now. this woman before her illness was a very very dedicated worker in her church, so deeply committed to serving her God, including her husband and ALL her children. when the sickness started am sure they must have read of the promises of God in the bible and started praying based on it, but yet the pain and suffering just increases, now she is all dry and shrunken, and money is being wasted but yet God is there, watching. . . there was this other small girl, about 5 yrs old, that just got her two legs amputated, you need to hear her screaming, and the tears pouring from her eyes, so innocent and young yet passing through all this now.
I've also heard countless stories of innocent children barely 6 years old being violated, this helpless and defenseless ones are as we learn in the bible, the closest to God's heart.
Sometimes am just confused, and nothing makes sense anymore, I'm a christian, and i know we have a compassionate and loving God, that loves even sinners, so i cant help but ask, WHERE IS GOD WHEN BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

p.s: this is not a thread to argue whether God exists or not, i just need the opinion of Christians and other God-believing religions. thanks.

This is going to be good. smiley
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 15, 2012
Gay Activist is here again with his band of trolls grin grin
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
frosbel:

Gay Activist is here again with his band of trolls grin grin

Whatever floats your boat. All I said was, "This is going to be good".
You think calling me a "Gay Activist" is a slur don't you?  grin Well, my lesbian friend says you can lick her kitty and she'll turn your wife out because you're probably too busy being addicted to nairaland and scouring the internet for anti islam articles to give her any attention. That's if she's not imaginary like your god.  grin Say hi to tidytim

Anyway, can you answer the OP? Afterall, you're a bible scholar and the quintessential christian.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by claremont(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2012
nice thread. cool

Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by tpia5: 2:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
Lets not derail the thread.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2012
tpia@:

Lets not derail the thread.

No one would do such a thing!!! We are just waiting for the hilarity answers.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by emofine2(f): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2012
Flashaldrin:

Well according to the Bible a.k.a "The word of God" it states that. . . all things work together for good to those who love God . . . or something to that effect undecided  but to be honest these are the last words some people would wanna hear when they are going through difficulties. I guess some things just don't make sense whilst it's in full motion until after such trial, then one begins to evaluate and realise that certain things that happened then might have been a stepping stone or a process of refinement. undecided

there was this other small girl, about 5 yrs old, that just got her two legs amputated, you need to hear her screaming, and the tears pouring from her eyes, so innocent and young yet passing through all this now.I've also heard countless stories of innocent children barely 6 years old being violated, this helpless and defenseless ones are as we learn in the bible, the closest to God's heart.

cry

However, this indeed is a very valid and good question. I eagerly sit and wait to read what the believers have to say.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by manmustwac(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2012
Very good question. I'll use my connections to try and get this topic on the homepage. wink
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 15, 2012
Seriously are guys not tired of arguing with People who are hell bent on doing away with the God existence fact.

Stop wasting your time, let's go and do Jihad with our theist brothers grin grin
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2012
@op, i've been pondering n askin questns lik this 4 yrs.for obvious reasons i stil bliv in god 'tho i've immersed myself in so much thought.it surprises me dat a god who loves us so much'll let pple suffer n die when he so easily culd hv obliterated d whole problem.if any of d loved ones of d cancer patient u mentioned had d panacea necessary 2 cure her,won't they cure her?would dey insist dat she pray n fast interminably for yrs? i doubt dat.hw much more d heavnly father.even d bible used this analogy in d gospels.but d heavnly father is always quiet.why
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 3:28pm On Jan 15, 2012
who said bad things happen to good people ? bad things happen to bad people. let me explain
1. the lord controls all the evil and good that happens in this world. believe it or not but satan is the policeman of this world and he is working for God. if you are down with the lord the way you are supposed to be, then he will put a blanket over you and protect you while the policeman of the world wreaks his havoc on all those who dont believe in God or all those who break the golden rule (love your neighbors as yourself) by committing sins against other people.

2. when you die. your spirit returns to the lord. ecclesiastes 12 vs 7. your spirit is then sent back down to earth in the 3rd or 4th generation. this is why the lord says, children will pay for the sins of their forefather in the 3rd or fourth generation. this is because the 3rd or the fourth generation is you coming back to the world again, and whatever you sowed back then, you will reap in your new body and your new life. (deuteronomy 5 vs 9) (exodus 34 vs 7) (exodus 20 vs 5) (isaiah 14 vs 21). so while you may be a nice sweet person in this life, you may have been an evil SOB in past life who killed someone. so basically you are paying for your sins now.

SO IN CONCLUSION, BAD THINGS DO NOT HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by manmustwac(m): 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
frosbel:

Seriously are guys not tired of arguing with People who are hell bent on doing away with the God existence fact.

Stop wasting your time, let's go and do Jihad with our theist brothers grin grin
Typical Frosbel reply. Why don't you just resume your work and troll the internet for answers?

Besides its not us athiests and freethinkers who asked the question and want answers its your very own Christian Brother
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 15, 2012
@buguzee: Like my mom always said "be careful who you feel sorry for".

@topic:

God is God. God is not a human being but a super power. The Creator of all things, what makes you a simple mortal think God owes you anything? Even if it is just an image of his/herself? You're a child. Yes I too question God sometimes and I do get angry when I look and see what goes on in the world. But you have to ask yourself what caused these things to happen?

Why do we go around acting but not taking note of the possible repercussions and then thereafter are bold enough to blame God? rather than educate ourselves and look out for one another we go about doing things selfishly and then blame God when it comes back to bite us in our asses!!   tongue

i dont care how many "anti-theism" pictures /gif files are created and posted, nothing will take away the fact that someone like me who have been through some of the worst trials in life that i would wish on NO OTHER PERSON, called up on God and due to patience received sooo many blessings!! Nothing will change my faith, no matter how many times I may shed a few tears and wonder, I know God is real! But religion eh!  tongue

i believe in God and not religion. Because some of the biggest perpetrators of crimes against humanity are self proclaimed religious folk. Kill, rob, and torture in the name of Jesus, Yaweh, Allah; etc. Violate ALL of the commands and think that by calling out the name of your God or going to church on sunday, it's supposed to be justifiable.

Look at the middle east - the most religious of all regions in the world and see how there has NEVER been a time where significant amount of blood has not been shed. Why is that? Greed! We are talking about leaders and killers, people who don't even really believe in what they claim to represent leading other people astray AND those who know better refusing to do better because of what they can get if they turn a blind eye. And yet those who truly believe in Islam and condemn the punks who call themselves Jihaddists and willing to die than accept those r3tards, are largely ignored and misrepresented because oh!! >>> we have the christians and the jews who too have blood on their hands wanting to prove their religion is the right one! undecided i blame these folks for the lack of belief in so many of our misguided people.

another example:

See starving African child - you blame God, failing to note that there are African politicians who care more about what mansions they can buy and the cars they can drive and not the people. You voted these people in and then blame God for their shortcomings? I mean seriously. How many of you genuinely offered a dollar, a naira, a pound to a homeless man or woman? The way the world is now, it's all about seeing to believe and that is not faith. God helps those who help themselves AND others! If it bothers you so much, go out there and HELP!! That is what humanity is all about!! Unfortunately God gave us our own minds and no human wants to take responsibility for his or her short comings so they have to blame someone or something, like i said. Then when they do suffer they then choose to "call on God" and when they don't recieve their blessings WHEN they want to (because they are not deserving) all of a sudden it's "there is no God" or "Why hast thou forsaken me?" grin.

God never designed us to be perfect, nor were we promised life without pain but instead a shoulder to lean on and guidance so long as we live humble and faithful. Never been to church and prayed to Jesus, Never stepped foot in a mosque or synagogue. .but when i pray and dedicate myself i find the rewarding no matter how small GREAT! I know what is is like to loose all of the material things you've worked hard for for YEARS!! and i also know what it feels like to get them and MORE back DUE to having faith in God, helping others and not being envious. Where is God? God is in me, in you, all over. When i wake up early in the morning and can watch the sky turn from darkest of blue to brightest of damn near whitish blue. I know! When i hear and see birds flying/singing, see all four seasons, see an elderly couple holding hands, see a baby and knowing just a single egg and sp3rm from a man is enough to create life, the same two key components that not even scientists can create! just seeing life, I know that there is a being pulling the strings.

And i live day by day thankful for everyday I live to see these things. I don't sit around and blame, blame, blame. I help those that I can, I help myself, and despite how much it burns me to see people suffer I still keep the faith because there is a reason for everything and a lesson in everything.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2012
@ MsDarkSkin. right right lol
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jan 15, 2012
buzugee:

who said bad things happen to good people ? bad things happen to bad people. let me explain
1. the lord controls all the evil and good that happens in this world. believe it or not but satan is the policeman of this world and he is working for God. if you are down with the lord the way you are supposed to be, then he will put a blanket over you and protect you while the policeman of the world wreaks his havoc on all those who dont believe in God or all those who break the golden rule (love your neighbors as yourself) by committing sins against other people.

2. when you die. your spirit returns to the lord. ecclesiastes 12 vs 7. your spirit is then sent back down to earth in the 3rd or 4th generation. this is why the lord says, children will pay for the sins of their father in the 3rd or fourth generation. this is because the 3rd or the fourth generation is you coming back to the world again, and whatever you sowed back then, you will reap in your new body and your new life. (deuteronomy 5 vs 9) (exodus 34 vs 7) (exodus 20 vs 5) (isaiah 14 vs 21). so while you may be a nice sweet person in this life, you may have been an evil SOB in past life who killed someone. so basically you are paying for your sins now.

SO IN CONCLUSION, BAD THINGS DO NOT HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE

sometimes i truly believe that. no offence but look @ the countries in Africa that were involved in the slave trade, that profited the most from it, how unstable they are today. The same way humans were sold for european goods is the same way some Africans would bury their brother alive (metaphorically speaking) to this DAY for a chance to go to or be involved in anything pertaining to Oyinbo land. lol life is truly a mystery but to some degree simple.

Life is a cycle.

Yes one should "be careful for who you feel sorry for" but it oesn't mean we cannot help these people or redeem ourselves if we are part of these people. Just means there are lessons to be learned, no matter how harsh, and until they are the - our cycle will continue. We have GOT to take responsibility for our actions though!! we have to!!

this is a human issue but my black people seem to be the most hard to reach for some reason. if you ask my mom we are "still getting out beating/punishment from God" and after reading your post it confirmed what i've been thinking.

*anyway, goes to listen to Luciano's "only a fo0l" cheesy
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

sometimes i truly believe that. no offence but look @ the countries in Africa that were involved in the slave trade, that profited the most from it, how unstable they are today. The same way humans were sold for european goods is the same way some Africans would bury their brother alive (metaphorically speaking) to this DAY for a chance to go to or be involved in anything pertaining to Oyinbo land. lol life is truly a mystery but to some degree simple.

Life is a cycle.

Yes one should "be careful for who you feel sorry for" but it oesn't mean we cannot help these people or redeem ourselves if we are part of these people. Just means there are lessons to be learned, no matter how harsh, and until they are the - our cycle will continue. We have GOT to take responsibility for our actions though!! we have to!!

this is a human issue but my black people seem to be the most hard to reach for some reason. if you ask my mom we are "still getting out beating/punishment from God" and after reading your post it confirmed what i've been thinking.

*anyway, goes to listen to Luciano's "only a fo0l"  cheesy
your mum is a very wise woman. you hardly see nigerians with that much insight as your mum. she is right when she says that we are still getting our beating and punishment from God. Nigerians are in mental slavery. they do not know who they are. almost all of them are walking in darkness and cant for the life of them figure out why bad things are happening to them. everything that is happening to us in africa, and especially west africa and south africa is designed by God
         Allow me to give you a bit of history lesson. The real africans are not us. the real africans are hamitic black people (hausas, fulani, ethiopians, somalians, erritreans kenyans and sudanese). the rest of us are from palestine (LOL i know you think i am crazy).  see we are part of the 12 tribes of israel. west africa and south africa was empty and uninhabited 2000 years ago. the only part of africa that was occupied was north africa (by the hamitic africans). the rest of us lived in palestine. when the europeans started gaining power (all orchestrated by God because we were worshipping idols and doing all kinds of evil when we were supposed to be the light to the heathen nations) the romans attacked and killed alot of us in 70 AD. those who survived (about 1 million plus) ran into africa. the hamitic africans wouldnt let us live amongst them so we ran into west africa and formed new communities. the new communities erupted into the yorubas, igbos, asantes, fantes, ga, etc etc all over west africa and the lemba in south africa. We are the people of the bible. We are supposed to be the light of the world but instead have completely forgotten our identity and who we were (all this curse was put on us by the lord because he kept on pleading with us through prophets to come back to him). so basically we are all under curse and as such are not protected by him. he sends satan to us to wreak havoc. he allows us to wallow in corruption. he piles misery upon misery upon us. all this will continue until Jesus returns. People think electing a new government will save them and eradicate corruption. they dont know we are all under the deuteronomy curse and everything that is happening is by design. the only people who will get this curse of them is people who return to him in the right way (and going to church is not the right way. acts 17 vs 24). worshipping on sunday is not the right way either because this is a demonic tradition fostered on to us by the roman catholic church after the romans took over the world. you are wrshipping the sun god. you have to make sure that you dont do anything that will negatively impact another persons spirit (this will include stealing from them, cussing them out, trying to kill them LOL, sleeping with their spouses, etc etc). make sure when you meet someone, they leave happier than when they met you. always keep the sabbath day holy (the sabbath is saturday not sunday) and finally take delight in studying the words of God prefarably the king james version and the apocrypha. do all these things and the curse will be lifted off you. and if you really want to get closer to the lord you have to stop eating the animals that he put on the earth to keep a stable ecosystem. they are scavenger animals. you will get a list of them in the book of leviticus but for the purpose of nigeria i will name the ones we eat in naija that we shouldnt eat. snails, shrimps, lobster and pork. and yes you can drink all the wine you want. it is not a sin. just dont get drunk  grin

And getting sold into slavery was part of our punishment for the evil we were doing in palestine and kept on doing in west africa. deuteronomy 28 vs 68. all these fools waorshipping sango, obatala, etc etc. sacrificing human beings etc etc. they are still doing the same thing today. the next craze now is fake religion. christianity and religion as a whole is demonic and man made. oh and before i forget, OYINBO is the physical manifestation of the satan that the lord is using against us from slavery to colonialism to unfair trade etc etc. see, oyinbos spirit is not grounded into their body by melanin, so that they are more spiritual than physical. so imagine if an oyinbo does not believe in God ? what you have is satan in full bloom. ready to devour. the lord created oyinbo for this purpose (isaiah 45 vs6- 7). they are used by him to bring pain suffering and misery to all those who do not seek him.

And you have to stop celebrating demonic holidays like xmas, valentines day, easter, halloween. (lords say live in the world but do not be of the world ). these holidays have their demonic origins. you celebrate them ? you are worshipping satan. plain and simple

Having said all this, when jesus comes, he will eradicate the wicked and evil and then hand the control of the world to 144,000 black men from the tribe of israel (thats us). so we are going to be in control of the world in righteousness forever and ever (daniel 7 vs 18). the world will no longer be handed over to the gentiles to rule again. the lord made them rule over us in wickedness (job 9 vs 24) to teach us a lesson but after the lesson is up and we are more humble, he will hand over the world back to the 12 tribes of israel again. and yes the african americans and carribeans and brazillians are part of us. those are the ones who went on the ship during slavery

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
WATCH THIS VIDEO FOR OUR Traces to biblical hebrew israelites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dldk5E1Cm4&feature=endscreen&NR=1
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Flashaldrin(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2012
I dont believe in the reincarnation crap, because the bible says 'for it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgement' heb 9-27. And i dont believe God brings evil directly upon people, james 1:13.
but i know God knows when these evils happen, after all he is omniscient, and i know he can do pretty anything he wants without much effort, so why doesnt he do anything to alleviate the sufferings of the people he loves so much, why
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2012
buzugee:

your mum is a very wise woman. you hardly see nigerians with that much insight as your mum. she is right when she says that we are still getting our beating and punishment from God. Nigerians are in mental slavery. they do not know who they are. almost all of them are walking in darkness and cant for the life of them figure out why bad things are happening to them. everything that is happening to us in africa, and especially west africa and south africa is designed by God
         Allow me to give you a bit of history lesson. The real africans are not us. the real africans are hamitic black people (hausas, fulani, ethiopians, somalians, erritreans kenyans and sudanese). the rest of us are from palestine (LOL i know you think i am crazy).  see we are part of the 12 tribes of israel. west africa and south africa was empty and uninhabited 2000 years ago. the only part of africa that was occupied was north africa (by the hamitic africans). the rest of us lived in palestine. when the europeans started gaining power (all orchestrated by God because we were worshipping idols and doing all kinds of evil when we were supposed to be the light to the heathen nations) the romans attacked and killed alot of us in 70 AD. those who survived (about 1 million plus) ran into africa. the hamitic africans wouldnt let us live amongst them so we ran into west africa and formed new communities. the new communities erupted into the yorubas, igbos, asantes, fantes, ga, etc etc all over west africa and the lemba in south africa. We are the people of the bible. We are supposed to be the light of the world but instead have completely forgotten our identity and who we were (all this curse was put on us by the lord because he kept on pleading with us through prophets to come back to him). so basically we are all under curse and as such are not protected by him. he sends satan to us to wreak havoc. he allows us to wallow in corruption. he piles misery upon misery upon us. all this will continue until Jesus returns. People think electing a new government will save them and eradicate corruption. they dont know we are all under the deuteronomy curse and everything that is happening is by design. the only people who will get this curse of them is people who return to him in the right way (and going to church is not the right way. acts 17 vs 24). worshipping on sunday is not the right way either because this is a demonic tradition fostered on to us by the roman catholic church after the romans took over the world. you are wrshipping the sun god. you have to make sure that you dont do anything that will negatively impact another persons spirit (this will include stealing from them, cussing them out, trying to kill them LOL, sleeping with their spouses, etc etc). make sure when you meet someone, they leave happier than when they met you. always keep the sabbath day holy (the sabbath is saturday not sunday) and finally take delight in studying the words of God prefarably the king james version and the apocrypha. do all these things and the curse will be lifted off you. and if you really want to get closer to the lord you have to stop eating the animals that he put on the earth to keep a stable ecosystem. they are scavenger animals. you will get a list of them in the book of leviticus but for the purpose of nigeria i will name the ones we eat in naija that we shouldnt eat. snails, shrimps, lobster and pork. and yes you can drink all the wine you want. it is not a sin. just dont get drunk  grin

And getting sold into slavery was part of our punishment for the evil we were doing in palestine and kept on doing in west africa. deuteronomy 28 vs 68. all these fools waorshipping sango, obatala, etc etc. sacrificing human beings etc etc. they are still doing the same thing today. the next craze now is fake religion. christianity and religion as a whole is demonic and man made. oh and before i forget, OYINBO is the physical manifestation of the satan that the lord is using against us from slavery to colonialism to unfair trade etc etc. see, oyinbos spirit is not grounded into their body by melanin, so that they are more spiritual than physical. so imagine if an oyinbo does not believe in God ? what you have is satan in full bloom. ready to devour. the lord created oyinbo for this purpose (isaiah 45 vs6- 7). they are used by him to bring pain suffering and misery to all those who do not seek him.

And you have to stop celebrating demonic holidays like xmas, valentines day, easter, halloween. (lords say live in the world but do not be of the world ). these holidays have their demonic origins. you celebrate them ? you are worshipping satan. plain and simple

Having said all this, when jesus comes, he will eradicate the wicked and evil and then hand the control of the world to 144,000 black men from the tribe of israel (thats us). so we are going to be in control of the world in righteousness forever and ever (daniel 7 vs 18). the world will no longer be handed over to the gentiles to rule again. the lord made them rule over us in wickedness (job 9 vs 24) to teach us a lesson but after the lesson is up and we are more humble, he will hand over the world back to the 12 tribes of israel again. and yes the african americans and carribeans and brazillians are part of us. those are the ones who went on the ship during slavery

here we go again grin grin grin grin
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
any reason why you refuse to answer, Frosbel?

I'd actually like to hear responses from Muslims as well

to the OP, I guess one could always say "if Job didnt curse God after all that he went thru, why should any one else" undecided
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2012
frosbel:

here we go again  grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYDfwyQzVNk&feature=related i have to enlighten my brothers and sisters as to who we actually are. because only then will nigeria improve. when we walk into our responsibilities as the shining light to all the heathen nations. until then we shall be shrouded in corruption misery pain and suffering. just doing my part chief. thats all am doing. grin grin
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2012
Flashaldrin:

I dont believe in the reincarnation crap, because the bible says 'for it is appointed unto men ONCE to die, but after this the judgement' heb 9-27. And i dont believe God brings evil directly upon people, james 1:13.
but i know God knows when these evils happen, after all he is omniscient, and i know he can do pretty anything he wants without much effort, so why doesnt he do anything to alleviate the sufferings of the people he loves so much, why
EVIL BY THE LORD
ISAIAH 45 VS 6-7
AMOS 3 VS 6
LAMENTATIONS 3 VS 38
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2012
Flashaldrin:

REINCARNATION
JOHN 9 VS 1-2
JEREMIAH 1 VS 4-5
matthew 11 vs 13-14
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Flashaldrin(m): 8:10pm On Jan 15, 2012
So what you are trying to say is that God himself is the direct cause of all these evils, that he himself makes this men to go rape young and defenseless children, he makes the very people that worship and serve him suffer terribly, just because of something they might have done in a fictitious previous life which they have absolutely no knowledge of??
Sorry sir but i find that very hard to believe.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by LogicMind: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2012
[size=18pt]hahahahahahahahahahaaaaa![/size]
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 8:35pm On Jan 15, 2012
Flashaldrin:

So what you are trying to say is that God himself is the direct cause of all these evils, that he himself makes this men to go violation young and defenseless children, he makes the very people that worship and serve him suffer terribly, just because of something they might have done in a fictitious previous life which they have absolutely no knowledge of??
Sorry sir but i find that very hard to believe.
first off, there are no young children. the lord does not deal with physical bodies. there are young body suits but the spirits are the same. we are spiritual beings not physical beings. how old your physical shell is, is absolutely irrelevant to the lord. he deals with your spirit. the spirit is ageless and will be punished at any time the lord sees fit whether at 2 years old or 50 years old. ever wonder why some kids are born with no legs or no hands etc etc etc ? thats payback for past life. john 9 vs 1-2.

LET ME RE-ITERATE. THE LORD IS IN CHARGE OF ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THIS WORLD FROM EARTHQUAKES TO FAMINES AND EVERYTHING IN-BETWEEN. now while some evil deeds may emanate from evil people in the world, the lord will allow it to happen but will protect his people from such.

example-if a man decides to shoot up macdonalds. the lord knows what he is about to do. but he has put evil in the world for his own purpose. proverbs 16 vs 4. the lord will let the man go ahead and take out everyone in macdonalds who are not under his protection because they do not believe in him. those who believe in him, he will direct their feet away from macdonalds. so, some evil ? he allows to happen but he will protect his people and some evil he directly creates. satan is not some big bad evil that is preying on the world. he is the popo of the lord

1 Like

Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 15, 2012
Somehow, MzDarkSkin and Buzugee (especially Buzugee) have managed to exceed our expectations of outlandish rhetoric.

144,000 black men will inherit the world, body suits, reasons for birth defects etc. Buzugee, I salute you!!!
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 8:49pm On Jan 15, 2012
Martian:

Somehow, MzDarkSkin and Buzugee (especially Buzugee) have managed to exceed our expectations of outlandish rhetoric.

144,000 black men will inherit the world. Buzugee, I salute you!!!
grin revelations 14 vs 1-5. these are men who died pure. men with minimal sins before they died. he is waiting till he gets 144,000 pure pious men from the 12 tribes of israel. its all over the bible. after he gets those men sealed. its all over. he is coming. these are the men he will hand the world over to for rulership. forever. all evil people will be destroyed on that day.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
buzugee:

grin revelations 14 vs 1-5. these are men who died pure. men with minimal sins before they died. he is waiting till he gets 144,000 pure pious men from the 12 tribes of israel. its all over the bible. after he gets those men sealed. its all over. he is coming. these are the men he will hand the world over to for rulership. forever. all evil people will be destroyed on that day.

Hey, whatever you say doc. I'm definitely not arguing.
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by 2good(m): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
first off, there are no young children. the lord does not deal with physical bodies. there are young body suits but the spirits are the same. we are spiritual beings not physical beings. how old your physical shell is, is absolutely irrelevant to the lord. he deals with your spirit. the spirit is ageless and will be punished at any time the lord sees fit whether at 2 years old or 50 years old. ever wonder why some kids are born with no legs or no hands etc etc etc ? thats payback for past life. john 9 vs 1-2.

LET ME RE-ITERATE. THE LORD IS IN CHARGE OF ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN THIS WORLD FROM EARTHQUAKES TO FAMINES AND EVERYTHING IN-BETWEEN. now while some evil deeds may emanate from evil people in the world, the lord will allow it to happen but will protect his people from such.

example-if a man decides to shoot up macdonalds. the lord knows what he is about to do. but he has put evil in the world for his own purpose. proverbs 16 vs 4. the lord will let the man go ahead and take out everyone in macdonalds who are not under his protection because they do not believe in him. those who believe in him, he will direct their feet away from macdonalds. so, some evil ? he allows to happen but he will protect his people and some evil he directly creates. satan is not some big bad evil that is preying on the world. he is the popo of the lord

Are you saying the 8million people that died in 1st world war and 56million people in second world war had done something bad to god or dont believe in him? Common most of your posts makes absolutely no sense. Let me give a clear example of what I am talking about. India used to have the highest rate of polio infection for a single country about 10years ago. But now they celebrate almost zero polio infection due to aggressive immunization of babies over the last 10 years which have been enabled by advancement in science and medicine. But you're insisting that previous polio patients were being punished by god for their previous wrong doings? That is pure ignorance
Religious people are just delusional. Really too delusional
Re: Where Is God When Bad Things Happen To Good People? by buzugee(m): 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2012
2good:

Are you saying the 8million people that died in 1st world war and 56million people in second world war had done something bad to god or dont believe in him? Common most of your posts makes absolutely no sense. Let me give a clear example of what I am talking about. India used to have the highest rate of polio infection for a single country about 10years ago. But now they celebrate almost zero polio infection due to aggressive immunization of babies over the last 10 years which have been enabled by advancement in science and medicine. But you're insisting that previous polio patients were being punished by god for their previous wrong doings? That is pure ignorance
Religious people are just delusional. Really too delusional
ok lets see. the 8 million people that died in both wars are
1, from countries that is parasitic on his people. colonialism, slavery, genocide all over the african continent, plundering the african continent, exterminating blacks in germany, the ashanti wars, the zulu wars, apartheid, jim crow, lynchings, hangings of his people NEED I SAY MORE ? the lord uses people to oppress his people and then he destroys those people afterwards. classic example. the american civil war. they enslaved and got free labor and killed and sold kids away from their mothers for 2 centuries. the lord let this happen. deuteronomy 28. then afterwards he made sure all those involved got killed or their family members got killed in the american civil war. nearly 1 million white slave masters were genocided during that war. the lord works in mysterious ways brother. you will always reap what you sow.

india as you said used to be a racist society. they had a caste system. the black skinned people were treated like crap. nowadays the caste system is gone and its all about economics. may be thats what it is. i dont know. maybe those who died from polio were the kids of the oppressors of the dark caste. i dont know but trust me, there is a method to the madness.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? / Top 10 Gospel Songs [jan – Mar 2015] / The Religion Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.