Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) (12851 Views)

Tony Elumelu Foundation 2021 Entrepreneurship Programme Application Opens / 2019 Tony Elumelu Entrepreneurship Programme Was Rigged / Tony Elumelu Foundation $100 Million Entrepreneurship Programme 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by mbukun: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2019
Lol... these people are not serious... I didn't even do the first video and they sent me mail for the next step. Thank God I didn't even bother myself in the first place
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by boozybaron: 9:22am On Jan 15, 2019
please i got selected for the next stage video of 2 minutes,please let collabo or drop share information that can help us,thanks
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Mrkod3D: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2019
I also got the stage two video,I really do not understand this people,does that mean they did not shortlist with the last video because I really do not understand all this video thing
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by McHuckz(m): 10:15am On Jan 15, 2019
mbukun:
Lol... these people are not serious... I didn't even do the first video and they sent me mail for the next step. Thank God I didn't even bother myself in the first place
Hahaha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by ExpertNLer: 11:13am On Jan 15, 2019
A friend also did not submit the 1st video, yet got invite for the 2nd video
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Fumns: 11:46am On Jan 15, 2019
ExpertNLer:
A friend also did not submit the 1st video, yet got invite for the 2nd video

so what are they now doing, that's absurd. all I want to know is if there is anyone that submitted the first video but didn't receive the second email
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by MyaDee: 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2019
kaceekelvin:

I also did too oo, mehn how do you do a video of 2mjns for 10mb or less? My 1min video was more than 70mb. Any ideas please.
You can reduce d size of your video otherwise you would not be able to share via email. Record and reduce d size of the video afterwards.
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by huntamania(m): 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2019
I don’t think they used the first video in shortlisting at all. The mail didn’t even say congratulations or anything. I believe the videos they got the first time was too heavy now they are asking for a video they can follow.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by ExpertNLer: 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
you mean the new mail didnt say congratulations?
huntamania:
I don’t think they used the first video in shortlisting at all. The mail didn’t even say congratulations or anything. I believe the videos they got the first time was too heavy now they are asking for a video they can follow.
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by ExpertNLer: 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2019
who knows? it may just be a two stage video
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by pradoworld: 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2019
ExpertNLer:
you mean the new mail didnt say congratulations?
just dis

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by pradoworld: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2019
is this job for experienced hire cos i don't understand all this MD something
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Fumns: 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2019
huntamania:

I don't know for them but it couldn't be that heavy as you can't send it through email if it's more than 20mb
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Dearespal(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2019
pradoworld:
is this job for experienced hire cos i don't understand all this MD something

My question is "Are we the first set for this program? If not, there will some sort help from the 'seniors'.

Secondly, these priorities issue is big. This is angry
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by iam4christ(f): 1:50am On Jan 16, 2019
Dearespal:

My question is "Are we the first set for this program? If not, there will some sort help from the 'seniors'.

Secondly, these priorities issue is big. This is angry
I also wanted to ask the same question...
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by boozybaron: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2019
please it seems you have some information that can help those of us selected for the second video stage,please kindly share with us,how we can go about this thanks,waiting for your reply.
AlienRobot:
Sahara group usually base it assessment on numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and abstract reasonings.

For past questions and answers on numerical reasoning, verbal reasonings and abstract reasonings plus a link to function specific test questions and answers,

Contact us on Alienrobot01@gmail.com
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Dearespal(m): 11:28am On Jan 17, 2019
iam4christ:

I also wanted to ask the same question...
Who has dropped his or her video?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Mrkod3D: 1:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
Is there a particular deadline time or is still the end of today?
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Oluwapresley(m): 9:04pm On Jan 17, 2019
This thread is dull o. Anyways, I dropped my video at some mins past 6pm. Wasn't as easy as I thought it would be o...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Dearespal(m): 5:05am On Jan 18, 2019
Oluwapresley:
This thread is dull o. Anyways, I dropped my video at some mins past 6pm. Wasn't as easy as I thought it would be o...
What did you use in converting your from higher megabyte to <or=10MB?
My video was 10MB on dot. I was damn pissed off at some point, however the electronic mail has taken it in.
Let's enjoin to make this come out real. Success
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Oluwapresley(m): 9:56am On Jan 18, 2019
Dearespal:

What did you use in converting your from higher megabyte to <or=10MB?
My video was 10MB on dot. I was damn pissed off at some point, however the electronic mail has taken it in.
Let's enjoin to make this come out real. Success

When I finished recording, my video was around 254mb or so... It was so huge. Then I edited it with Viva video. Viva video brought it down to like 18mb. Because I knew I was not supposed to exceed 10mb, I already downloaded a video compressor app. The app had different compression rates. I chose the one for 8mb. Of course, the lower the mb, the higher the reduction in quality of your video. But I chose 8mb cox I noticed after compressing, an additional 1mb climbs it... At the end of the day, my video was around 9+mb.

I must confess, I almost grew frustrated too, not cox of the compression but the shooting.

But it's all good. At the end, we will come out smiling!
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Oluwapresley(m): 9:57am On Jan 18, 2019
Mrkod3D:
Is there a particular deadline time or is still the end of today?

I do not think there was a particular deadline in terms of specific time of the day your video should get in. If there was, it wasn't stated so it is safe to assume that they expected our videos to get in on or before 11:59pm on 17th.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by damaniFAITH: 2:10pm On Jan 18, 2019
grin[color=#550000][/color]
Oluwapresley:

When I finished recording, my video was around 254mb or so... It was so huge. Then I edited it with Viva video. Viva video brought it down to like 18mb. Because I knew I was not supposed to exceed 10mb, I already downloaded a video compressor app. The app had different compression rates. I chose the one for 8mb. Of course, the lower the mb, the higher the reduction in quality of your video. But I chose 8mb cox I noticed after compressing, an additional 1mb climbs it... At the end of the day, my video was around 9+mb.

I must confess, I almost grew frustrated too, not cox of the compression but the shooting.

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Oluwapresley(m): 4:27pm On Jan 18, 2019
damaniFAITH:
grin[color=#550000][/color]

It doesn't look like a lot of people did this video. Abi everyone is watching and not talking?
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by NDakota: 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2019
I did the video, too.

I think my video size was 154mb. Then, I compressed it using a video compressor software. Final size came to like 9.3MB...

Why am I not all positive about this recruitment? My worries are many

✓ The STEP looks like a whole, new program, giving room for a lot of guesswork by HR. What are they looking for in the videos? What is the selection criteria?

✓ What are we vying for? An MD trainee position? A chance to head to Tanzania and create or expand Sahara Tanzania's business?

There is more, but I would rather hear from better informed people. Please, who can explain what this program is all about.

PS: I didn't bother doing the first video; I had a feeling it was a useless venture. Now, I have done the 2nd one. I still have no clue what I'm getting into. Help, please? Help?
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Dearespal(m): 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2019
Oluwapresley:

My dear, it will be well with us. I downloaded a converter online on my PC, set the bitarate and it made it look somehow original
even with the 230mb.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Dearespal(m): 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2019
NDakota:
I did the video, too.

I think my video size was 154mb. Then, I compressed it using a video compressor software. Final size came to like 9.3MB...

Why am I not all positive about this recruitment? My worries are many

✓ The STEP looks like a whole, new program, giving room for a lot of guesswork by HR. What are they looking for in the videos? What is the selection criteria?

✓ What are we vying for? An MD trainee position? A chance to head to Tanzania and create or expand Sahara Tanzania's business?

There is more, but I would rather hear from better informed people. Please, who can explain what this program is all about.

PS: I didn't bother doing the first video; I had a feeling it was a useless venture. Now, I have done the 2nd one. I still have no clue what I'm getting into. Help, please? Help?

One of my mentors said it's like Tony Elumelu stuff. Nevertheless I did it owing to the reason that it's whole "new". I want to know, see all what this programme is all about. I have surf their website to experience more them.
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by damaniFAITH: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2019
I think they re just watching, did is d first time I will actually comment on a job thread though I always check
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by huntamania(m): 9:26am On Jan 25, 2019
Guys any show ?
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by Oluwapresley(m): 7:17pm On Jan 28, 2019
Anything yet guys? Good evening
Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by NDakota: 1:19pm On Jan 30, 2019
My assumptions again?

I think most companies will resume their recruitment process in March, after the elections must have come and gone.

I also think the process will be long and tough. But for those that will get in, it will be worth the hustle...

I wish all of us happy waiting.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Talent & Entrepreneurship Programme (STEP 2019) by bravoss: 10:02am On Jan 31, 2019
morning guyz. im just droping in for the first time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Diamond Bank Is Receiving Cv / 4 Things You Should Consider Before Taking A New Job / Ipnx Nigeria Limited Fresh Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment (17 Positions): Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.