Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,231 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

When You Refuse To Forgive. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Refuse To Forgive. (5771 Views)

TB Joshua's Burial: Daddy Freeze Reacts As Top Nigerian Pastors Refuse To Attend / Native Doctor Begs Prophet Odumeje To Forgive Ada Jesus Who Is Down With Stroke / Coronavirus: Apostle Joshua Selman In UK, Shocked As Members Refuse To Hold Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by bigdoo: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
I know that I am not a pastor, but I have some knowledge of the bible. I have not come across anywhere it's written that we must forget, but the bible insists that we must forgive. This issue of forgetting is a man-made idea or ideology. We can not forget things that made significant impact on our lives either positively or negatively unless we get too old to remember, we have a debilitating illness that hampers our reasoning and remembering things or we just learnt something by rote method just to pass an exam. Forgetting anything is so difficult unless that thing is of no significant purpose in our lives or we didn't really encode the message/knowledge at the initial stage. For example, a child never forgets the day the parent bought him/her a favourite toy and also such a child will never forget the day his/her parents had a fight over an important issue such as an affair. Such a child could live with remembering such events or occurrences even till old age or death.

But we can forgive anything, even though most people would tend to forgive after retaliation. Nonetheless, forgiveness is very possible because God has given us the ability to forgive and that's why he has decreed it upon us to forgive. If forgiveness were an impossible thing, God would not have tasked us to forgive our neighbours. However, forgiving someone doesn't mean that one must not be cautious of his/her enemies. I would forgive my enemy who I know dislikes me for one reason or the other, but I would not honour his/her invitation for a lunch or dinner.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by frozen70(f): 4:43pm On Dec 23, 2018
To forgive and forget are two different things

You can find it abit easy to forgive but not to forget

In my own way, it depends on who offend me

I will forgive you if you have remorse for the wrong you did to me

But might not forget it, the reason is that I will be more careful with you knowing that you might do worst than you did earlier

So that will be a guide to me incase you act funny again, then I won't be suprise

When you forget, you loose yourself to the person and continue whatever you have with the person, if he hurts you again, that one might be more painful than the previous
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by giftygirl1(f): 5:03pm On Dec 23, 2018
tabithababy:

Can you forgive a cheating wife

Yes or no

Dont type epistle o
Yes
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Yeyeboy88(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
Toks baba abeg give me something na make i see food chop for Christmas
Toks2008:

Awwww! I'm inspired. GOD BLESS YOU MA and may Jehovah grant us the power to win the kingdom race in Jesus name..ANEN

Lalasticlala happy sunday and thank you for beaming these soul saving threads bro...believe it or not, GOD is giving you the credit as a soul winner simply because you contribute to making many people see these soul saving threads regardless of the fact that you are only acting your role as a super mod. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BRO.
Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by Toks2008(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2018
Yeyeboy88:
Toks baba abeg give me something na make i see food chop for Christmas

May GOD provide for all of us.

1 Like

Re: When You Refuse To Forgive. by AlfaAce(m): 12:06am On Dec 24, 2018
emmabest2000:
Forgiveness is not enough without forgetting

You have to forgive and forget grin

Meanwhile sometimes it’s not what we see that matters shocked
Is it possible to forget? I don't have amnesia,and of course sometimes remembering a wrong than was done to you may trigger negative emotions, We're only human.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be Kind To Others / The Atheist Creed! / The Problem With The Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.