Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

The Problem With The Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Problem With The Atheist (5772 Views)

Why Are The Atheist Not Seeing This? / Mock The Atheist. / The Atheist Creed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem With The Atheist by JeSoul(f): 9:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
Once and for all, to all the atheists who keep demanding christians explain and prove the existence of God, this is your problem:

1. They're trying to understand the bible with an earthly mind, without the help of the Holyspirit.
1 Corinthians 2:14
But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

2. They're asking us to prove God exists and that the gospel is true, when the gospel was never intended to be "proven" - it was meant to be preached, and it is up to you to simply believe it or not.
John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that[b] whoever believes in Him[/b] shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 20:29
Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

3. The existence of God cannot be proven because it is inherent in each person. But some have chosen to deliberately ignore and cut off that in-built knowledge. They have considered those who take the time to know and praise God stupid, unintellectual and backward
Romans 1:19
since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools

4. They love to engage in endless, abstract, hypothetical, strange, controversial subjects based on endless speculations that usually lead to anger and strife. They seem incapable of accepting the fact that there are some things that cannot be explained, some things that just don't have an answer and cannot be "proven" as it leaves no room for faith which the bible tells us "is what we need in order to please God"

These "debates" are only an exercise in self-worship, a time for them to showcase their self-ascribed 'intelligence', thinking they have somehow attained an intellectual prowess that they have out-smarted God and the bible.
1 Tim 1:4
Don’t let them waste their time in endless discussion of myths and spiritual pedigrees. These things only lead to meaningless speculations,which don’t help people live a life of faith in God.

Atheists sometimes you annoy me with the way you speak about God, but then I remind myself that in all your arrogance, God still loves you, so I will still find a way to love and pray for you all.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by MissyB1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
If there were no GOD,there would be no atheist.
Me think the xistence of atheists is a final proof that there is a God.

PS: To ur concludin part

1 Like

Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 10:00pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

If there were no GOD,there would be no atheist.
Me think the xistence of atheists is a final proof that there is a God.

PS: To your concludin part

if there is no zues there will be no athiest or if there is no allah there will be no athiest, by the way which of the gods are you refering to? is it allah, buddah,zeus,pallangon,jehova,horus,baáll, which of the gods?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by MissyB1(m): 10:04pm On Aug 11, 2008
mst you quote me?

Well,I WAS TALKING ABOUT GOD OF THE BIBLE,THE ONLY TRUE GOD,THE FIRST AND THE LAST,ALPHA AND OMEGA,BEGINING AND THE END.ONE AND ALMIGHTY GOD,YOUR CREATOR.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by huxley(m): 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

mst you quote me?

Well,I WAS TALKING ABOUT GOD OF THE BIBLE,THE ONLY TRUE GOD,THE FIRST AND THE LAST,ALPHA AND OMEGA,BEGINING AND THE END.ONE AND ALMIGHTY GOD,YOUR CREATOR.

How can this god be the only true god when [b]Sussicorn (Respect) [/b]clearly has more powers than the god of the bible?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by onyinye2(f): 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2008
what power? and do you believe in this god?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by MissyB1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
huxley:

How can this god be the only true god when Sussicorn (Respect) [/b]clearly has more powers than the god of the bible?
Whatever sussicorn is i don't know and don't think i want to dats if its smthing that xplains the opposite of what my bible says.
Oh yea,i said [b]THE GOD OF THE BIBLE IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD,HE WHO CREATES AND DESTROYS,HE WHO IS PLENTEOUS IN MERCY AND LOVE,HE WHO LIVES FOREVER AND DOES NOT DIE.THE ROCK OF AGES.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by JeSoul(f): 10:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
MissyB,
"discussion" with them is pointless and fruitless as history on these very boards has even shown. I wonder sometimes how people get so angry and bitter and "intellectual" that they reach the point of saying there is no God? sad
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by rampant(f): 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
there is a God,whether pointus huxley believes it or not

let them keep talking ,by d time God will arrest them d same way he arrested saul ,them go change their language grin grin ,saul was only blind for three days or so,huxley own will be for one month,cos he needs good cleansing grin grin grin grin
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 10:33pm On Aug 11, 2008
They love to engage in endless, abstract, hypothetical, strange, controversial subjects based on endless speculations that usually lead to anger and strife. They seem incapable of accepting the fact that there are some things that cannot be explained, some things that just don't have an answer and cannot be "proven" as it leaves no room for faith which the bible tells us "is what we need in order to please God  

there is nothing absract when i ask questions like why a loving , merciful and almighty god who refuses to reveal himself to the billions of people in indai, china, sri lanka, thialand, japan, bangledesh, taiwan etc in the bible because there is no mention of them and there is no biblical prohets amongst them even though they were in existance during the so called time of the bible prophets and jesus, will then burn them in hell for eternity simply they do not know or havent heard about jesus. does that make sense to you? how about the billions of moslems that do not know about jesus because they were born into the islamic religion, will they all rot in hell too?

who are the real chrianstains? are they the catholics(over 1 billion of them) , or the so many other sects of chriatainity(over 30 thousand sects) each fighting and knocking heads with each other. back in 2002 my pastor said that catholics and the white garmet wearing churches are not chriatains and for that they will all end up in hell. does that make sense to you.

if you were born in kano to a muslim family you would have been passoinately defending islam with the same vigor . if there is a god he won't depend on people to propagate his message he will do it him self, because people have failed completely in doing so.

These "debates" are only an exercise in self-worship, a time for them to showcase their self-ascribed 'intelligence', thinking they have somehow attained an intellectual prowess that they have out-smarted God and the bible.

have you read the history of the bible? why are there over 80 translation of the englsih bible alone, when did the bible become the bible? why are there some with 66 and other with more than 66 books. why is there the greek, aramic etc versions of the bible, why can't chriatains produce a universally acceptable book and doctorines? are jehova witness, seven day adventist, grail message, catholics etc christains? who wrote the first four books of the bible, it is written that moses did, moses can not write about his birth, death and events after his death. why is it still written that moses is the author of the first four books, if he is not really the author. why were there other books written by other apostels that were not included in the bible, who publish the 66 books of the bible and why did he publish only 66 books? martin luther did and he did it to suite his own understanding and promote his own agenda. was the bible 66 books 200 years before martin luther? the answer is no. it was much more than 66 books why is it now 66 in some version and about seventy in some? wihch one are people to believe? why is it that jesus is the only person in history who's name was changed from esau to jesus? why is it that people have to accapet jesus as his name? his name was never jesus because nobody with the name jesus ever existed in the time of esua, why is his name now jesus?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by rampant(f): 10:35pm On Aug 11, 2008
*yawns*
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

*yawns*

answer the questions and stop yawning, you can call on the holy spirit to help you abi the holy spirit don run leave you?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by rampant(f): 10:42pm On Aug 11, 2008
mazaje:

answer  the questions and stop yawning, you can call on the holy spirit to help you abi the holy spirit don run leave you?

wetin consain me and u,so i no fit yawn again abi?

which question?u expect me to read your essays again,no way

infact to cut the long story short,i have no answer for u

if u need answers,do me a favour,look for God and  charge him to court,ask him all d qestions you're asking us,question him wella wella,im sure he will give u d answers u want

but for moi?i owe u nada

good luck in d court case,Aurevoir mi schatz
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 10:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
rampant:

wetin consain me and u,so i no fit yawn again abi?

which question?u expect me to read your essays again,no way

infact to cut the long story short,i have no answer for u

if u need answers,do me a favour,look for God and charge him to court,ask him all d qestions you're asking us,question him wella wella,im sure he will give u d answers u want

good luck in d court case,Aurevoir mi schatz

asta lavista
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by ono(m): 10:46pm On Aug 11, 2008
**Yawnsssssssssss** angry
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by JeSoul(f): 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mazaje,
  I'll try to address some of your queries but please tell me, are you really intrested in the answers to these questions? or you just want to argue, ignore the responses and find more ammunition to try to bolster your position? because this is the reputation of Huxley and a couple others on these boards hence why many do not like to engage them in discussion.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by MissyB1(m): 10:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
JeSoul:

MissyB,
   "discussion" with them is pointless and fruitless as history on these very boards has even shown. I wonder sometimes how people get so angry and bitter and "intellectual" that they reach the point of saying there is no God?  sad
It beats me too.
Smtimes wen i'm alone,i jst count so many things i have seen/xperienced dat proves der's God den i wonder why  pple still think There's no God.Dunno!Dunno!Dunno!

If there's one thing i'm sure of its GOD IS REAL,TOO REAL AND TOO ABVIOUS THAT NUTTIN CAN MAKE ME DOUBT.[/b]A final proof of dat he's omnipotence is [b] he doesn't have to exist before he saves us.

Jst a ques for Mazaje and cohort:What will you do wen you die and find out there is a God?
I would respect your courage if you answer this ques without derailing it.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 11:01pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

It beats me too.
Smtimes when i'm alone,i jst count so many things i have seen/xperienced that proves der's God den i wonder why people still think There's no God.Dunno!Dunno!Dunno!

If there's one thing i'm sure of its GOD IS REAL,TOO REAL AND TOO ABVIOUS THAT NUTTIN CAN MAKE ME DOUBT.[/b]A final proof of that he's omnipotence is [b] he doesn't have to exist before he saves us.

Jst a ques for Mazaje and cohort:What will you do when you die and find out there is a God?
I would respect your courage if you answer this ques without derailing it.

I will ask him/her why they allowed people to write the bible and manupulate it on their behalf, i will also ask them why they allowed so many religions to exist both in and out side the christain faith. i will ask them why they refused to reveal them selves to the billions of people living in asia and why they will all throw us in hell to burn in eternity simple because we don not believe in jesus . but hey what if i die and discover that allah is the supreme being? i will still ask him the same questions any way.

@jesoul
pls go anead and explain i am all ears and will listen to you intently.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by MissyB1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
mazaje:

I will ask him/her why they allowed people to write the bible and manupulate it on their behalf, i will also ask them why they allowed so many religions to exist both in and out side the christain faith. i will ask them why they refused to reveal them selves to the billions of people living in asia and why they will all throw us in hell to burn in eternity simple because  we don not believe in jesus . but hey what if i die and discover that allah is the supreme being? i will still ask him the same questions any way.

If so,be it as you have said.You might jst be judged by ur words rem but ma prayer is that you don't realise the truth wen its too late.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by huxley(m): 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2008
JeSoul:

Mazaje,
I'll try to address some of your queries but please tell me, are you really intrested in the answers to these questions? or you just want to argue, ignore the responses and find more ammunition to try to bolster your position? because this is the reputation of Huxley and a couple others on these boards hence why many do not like to engage them in discussion.

What if you give him an answer that he finds irrational and palpably wrong? Do you expect him to just accept it?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

If so,be it as you have said.You might jst be judged by your words rem but ma prayer is that you don't realise the truth when its too late.

pls tell me what if you die and you discover that allah is the one in control , what will you do then?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Wordsmith(m): 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2008
. . . and that's where the problem lies. You always find the answers of a theist, Christians in particular, "irrational and palpably wrong". 'Til you rid yourself of your prejudice, you, and many others like you would always "find the answers irrational and palpably wrong".
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by MissyB1(m): 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mazaje
I would gladly bear the consequences for ma action bhut one thing m sure of is MY GOD RULES
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by Wordsmith(m): 11:27pm On Aug 11, 2008
That was directed to huxley.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by huxley(m): 11:32pm On Aug 11, 2008
Wordsmith:

. . . and that's where the problem lies. You always find the answers of a theist, Christians in particular, "irrational and palpably wrong". 'Til you rid yourself of your prejudice, you, and many others like you would always "find the answers irrational and palpably wrong".

Yes, I am prejudiced. I am prejudiced against falsehood, superstitions and untruths. Is there anything wrong with that?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 11:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

Mazaje
I would gladly bear the consequences for ma action bhut one thing m sure of is MY GOD RULES

you see thats where the problem lies you are very sure your god rules but allah and the others don't'. how can you say and prove me wrong if i believe that non of them rule?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by JayFK(m): 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2008
Missy B:

Mazaje

what a coincidence, my god rules too. Hail Zeus!
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by eterpete: 11:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
You religious guys, have you noticed something about your religion? How you get so worked up at trying to prove that you God is the one and only. Its disrespectful to human beings, its mean and petty, we fight all sorts of proxy wars for faiths that originate from people who oppressed you so thoroughly in the name of these faiths,

Let me try and give you guys something else to think about=

Many forums love it when you give things instead of trying to grab and grab,

So, here is giving away a free ebook on, How To Buy Your Property in Nigeria, for rent or personal use!!

The simple thing asked in return is your comments on how you found the ebook. Reply here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=158903.msg2638520#msg2638520

It will be helpful if you say if it was helpful, how much you would pay for it if it was on sale etc

Read and/or download from my signature

NOTE- this ebook is property of the producer of this thread and forum profile.
You have permission to give it out on the condition that you don't alter it and you give proper reference to the author.

Cheers everyone
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by JeSoul(f): 12:04am On Aug 12, 2008
mazaje:

@jesoul
please go anead and explain i am all ears and will listen to you intently.
Alright . . .

there is nothing absract when i ask questions like why a loving , merciful and almighty god who refuses to reveal himself to the billions of people in indai, china, sri lanka, thialand, japan, bangledesh, taiwan etc in the bible because there is no mention of them and there is no biblical prohets amongst them even though they were in existance during the so called time of the bible prophets and jesus, will then burn them in hell for eternity simply they do not know or havent heard about jesus. does that make sense to you? how about the billions of moslems that do not know about jesus because they were born into the islamic religion, will they all rot in hell too?
Now there is no question that millions of people have lived and died without knowing or ever hearing the Name Jesus. Will these people end up in hell simply becos they weren't 'fortunate' to have heard about Jesus? No, of course not that would be grossly unfair and the bible tells us that God is a just God.
The bible does not give a definitive answer on this, but because we know that God is just, we can have faith(that all-important element) that He has already laid out another way for them to be possibly saved, or perhaps they'll be judged in a different way, I cannot say for certain. But what I'm certain about is that God is just and fair.

who are the real chrianstains? are they the catholics(over 1 billion of them) , or the so many other sects of chriatainity(over 30 thousand sects) each fighting and knocking heads with each other. back in 2002 my pastor said that catholics and the white garmet wearing churches are not chriatains and for that they will all end up in hell. does that make sense to you.
Every denomination claims to be the right way, I know that myself smiley. So who is right? it is a very valid question. And it comes down to faith. The bible teaches that the only way to get to heaven is thru Jesus Christ - and I believe it. I cannot prove to you my belief, becos it is based on faith and the witness of the Spirit of God in my heart. That's why each person has to find God for themselves.

Now this begs the question, what about those who have faith in their gods? islam? hindus? etc . . . The difference is a relationship with the God of the bible is so real and personal it does not need outward validation. God reveals Himself to me in many ways, and when I see His words and promises manifested in my life daily, it convinces me further that He is real. Unfortunately my experience is not transferrable so that I can "prove" and show to you why I persist in Him, God is personal to each person, you have to find Him for urself.

if you were born in kano to a muslim family you would have been passoinately defending islam with the same vigor . if there is a god he won't depend on people to propagate his message he will do it him self, because people have failed completely in doing so.
Part of the beauty of the God in the bible is that He uses and accomplishes great things thru feeble human beings. So that in doing so we recognize His greatness in pulling off such a feat. And who says "people have failed completely in doing so"? Someone preached the gospel to me, and I believed it. And have continued to believe it for many years - I would say that person (Godbless him) did not fail at all.
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by mazaje(m): 12:10am On Aug 12, 2008
JeSoul:

Alright . . .
Now there is no question that millions of people have lived and died without knowing or ever hearing the Name Jesus. Will these people end up in hell simply because they weren't 'fortunate' to have heard about Jesus? No, of course not that would be grossly unfair and the bible tells us that God is a just God.
The bible does not give a definitive answer on this, but because we know that God is just, we can have faith(that all-important element) that He has already laid out another way for them to be possibly saved, or perhaps they'll be judged in a different way, I cannot say for certain. But what I'm certain about is that God is just and fair.
Every denomination claims to be the right way, I know that myself smiley. So who is right? it is a very valid question. And it comes down to faith. The bible teaches that the only way to get to heaven is through Jesus Christ - and I believe it. I cannot prove to you my belief, because it is based on faith and the witness of the Spirit of God in my heart. That's why each person has to find God for themselves.

Now this begs the question, what about those who have faith in their gods? islam? hindus? etc . . . The difference is a relationship with the God of the bible is so real and personal it does not need outward validation. God reveals Himself to me in many ways, and when I see His words and promises manifested in my life daily, it convinces me further that He is real. Unfortunately my experience is not transferrable so that I can "prove" and show to you why I persist in Him, God is personal to each person, you have to find Him for yourself.
Part of the beauty of the God in the bible is that He uses and accomplishes great things through feeble human beings. So that in doing so we recognize His greatness in pulling off such a feat. And who says "people have failed completely in doing so"? Someone preached the gospel to me, and I believed it. And have continued to believe it for many years - I would say that person (Godbless him) did not fail at all.

Thanks for your honest answers. you tried to answer to the best of your abilities which is cool to me. am not convinced but keep it real is all i have to say.smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by JeSoul(f): 12:16am On Aug 12, 2008
have you read the history of the bible? why are there over 80 translation of the englsih bible alone, when did the bible become the bible? why are there some with 66 and other with more than 66 books. why is there the greek, aramic etc versions of the bible, why can't chriatains produce a universally acceptable book and doctorines? are jehova witness, seven day adventist, grail message, catholics etc christains? who wrote the first four books of the bible, it is written that moses did, moses can not write about his birth, death and events after his death. why is it still written that moses is the author of the first four books, if he is not really the author. why were there other books written by other apostels that were not included in the bible, who publish the 66 books of the bible and why did he publish only 66 books? martin luther did and he did it to suite his own understanding and promote his own agenda. was the bible 66 books 200 years before martin luther? the answer is no. it was much more than 66 books why is it now 66 in some version and about seventy in some? wihch one are people to believe? why is it that jesus is the only person in history who's name was changed from esau to jesus? why is it that people have to accapet jesus as his name? his name was never jesus because nobody with the name jesus ever existed in the time of esua, why is his name now jesus?

I will not pretend I know all the answers to your questions here. But I'll tell you one thing, I believe God in His graciousness has given us His word - as it is today - whether it passed through 1000 hands and 1000000 translations. I believe He is more than capable of maintaining the integrity of His word through many generations and holding it for us today. So as it is in a 66book format, I believe this is what God wanted for us today.
 Granted there are many many translations, and people nitpick and bicker over certains words here n there BUT it still does not change the overall message of the bible.  
 True the early church did not have these scriptures that we do today, but I know God made provisions for them then as He has now. Whether we ended up with 10books or 100 or 66 is irrelevant, what's relevant is that 66books is what God saw fit to survive and remain and I accept and believe that by faith.

Now my catholic brothas and sistas have other 'scriptures' apart from the bible and if you see my history here, I strongly oppose that. For the simple fact that these extra-biblical materials stand in strong contradiction to parts of the 66book bible and present a different way of salvation contrary to the bible. But this is not to say all catholics are going to hell, no. I've met catholics who love God and do not necessarily subscribe to the teachings of their church, why they stay? probably just tradition.

About your comment on Jesus changing His name    where is it recorded that Jesus changed His name?
Re: The Problem With The Atheist by JeSoul(f): 12:18am On Aug 12, 2008
mazaje:

Thanks for your honest answers. you tried to answer to the best of your abilities which is cool to me. am not convinced but keep it real is all i have to say.smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss
You are welcome brotha smiley. My job is not to convince you remember? smiley just to tell you and hope that'll you'll have enuff faith to simply believe. Thanks to you to for being a cool cat wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Pastor Chris An Entertainer? / Do You Believe In God? What Is The Name Of Your God? / Imagine A World Without Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.