Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please (4972 Views)

Is Lexus IS 250 A Good Buy? / Volvo XC40 Named European Car Of The Year / 2018 Volvo XC40 Unveiled As A Small Premium SUV - Photos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2018
My People, I need your advise and help.

My original plan was to buy a Toyota Corolla but since the fund is not yet available, I want to consider a Nigerian Used Volvo car.

I have been planning to buy my first car for sometime now and funds keep fluctuating.

I no longer want to procrastinate. Let me start with a small car that my current budget can accommodate.

With more money, one can now plan to get that dream car smiley.

My current budget is 500k - 700k and I'm considering a sound Nigerian used Volvo.

I need your advice Nairalanders.

Also consider the following:

* A car that is easy to service and maintain

* Low fuel consumption

I look forward to your beautiful contributions as I plan to start driving my first car as early as January 2019 smiley
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Jonadull: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2018
Valarinz
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2018
Jonathan:
Valarinz

Also waiting for his view.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by RZArecta2(m): 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2018
Compared to a Corolla, you'll have a solid and confident ride with the added advantage of parking it outside overnight without getting high BP (I'm assuming you're eyeing the S60)

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by larrypourl(m): 12:23am On Dec 23, 2018
Naija used Volvo ? if it's not toks run far jeje. Except you know the car history and the maintenance culture of the owner.

Look for Corolla 01/02, small but you'd thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 7:17am On Dec 23, 2018
RZArecta2:
Compared to a Corolla, you'll have a solid and confident ride with the added advantage of parking it outside overnight without getting high BP (I'm assuming you're eyeing the S60)

A Combination of intelligent contribution and comedy cheesy

Thanks so much. I appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 7:18am On Dec 23, 2018
larrypourl:
Naija used Volvo ? if it's not toks run far jeje. Except you know the car history and the maintenance culture of the owner.

Look for Corolla 01/02, small but you'd thank me later.

Thanks for your input. I will put your advice into consideration when making my final decision.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by okoroemeka(m): 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2018
abuc:

Thanks for your input. I will put your advice into consideration when making my final decision.
pls get the s60 with leather seats ,its a good car I don't always like to follow the crowd idea of buying a very strong car are u fighting with the car

9 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by valarinz: 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2018
Jonathan:
Valarinz

His first choice is corolla, hes's only looking the way of a volvo car because he feels he has no money yet, meaning that whilst in the process of negotiations something positive happens to his account, its still off to corolla.

I think what the fellow needs is some sort of assistance to meet up with his dream corolla ride, volvo cars are not leftovers, volvo cars should come first choice to you, else just settle for the car you love.

cool

13 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2018
Well, I'm not here to pour sand-sand into anybody's garri. I just want to remind those advising the OP to go for a Corolla that dem just collect somebody's Corolla today-today. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/4920211/missing-toyota-corolla-lx530eky-chassis#74100504

12 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Phylergy(m): 3:14am On Dec 24, 2018
valarinz:

His first choice is corolla, hes's only looking the way of a volvo car because he feels he has no money yet, meaning that whilst in the process of negotiations something positive happens to his account, its still off to corolla.

I think what the fellow needs is some sort of assistance to meet up with his dream corolla ride, volvo cars are not leftovers, volvo cars should come first choice to you, else just settle for the car you love.

cool

Please I'd like to find out about Volkswagen Passat 2005/2006/2007 models. What do u think is their most common issues and would you advice me to go for it. Someone actually said they usually have electronics issues but thats just one person's opinion.

What do you think??
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 8:34am On Dec 24, 2018
valarinz:

cool

I made the first of choice of Corolla due to what others told me about it. I was informed that Toyota Corolla consumes low fuel and easy to maintain.

I have not heard much about Volvo and it will be difficult to choose a first car without seeking the opinions of more experience car owners and drivers.

If you feel I don't deserve your advice because I did not make Volvo my first choice, I will respect it. I actually wonder how many young Nigerians will choose Volvo or Peugeot as their first car if they were not advised about it. In this era of social media, I think our buying decision is highly influenced by the reviews and suggestions of others.

Not choosing Volvo as my first car is due to the limited information I have about it. That also necessitated this thread in order for Volvo gurus like you to give me more orientation about it. Though I will appreciate if you have a rethink and give your highly valuable advice regarding Volvo especially in fuel consumption, reliability, and maintenance cost.

I will also be following your threads to see when you post a Volvo S60 like what I saw here https://www.nairaland.com/4848864/upgraded-s60-sale-very-clean

I really love what I saw in that thread and most responses here have also adviced me to get S60 which I will highly consider.

Finally, let me appreciate those that have made contributions so far and those yet to make. You will be helping a young Nigeria entrepreneur make the best decision regarding his first car purchase. Even though I have not bought the car yet, I can feel it in my "Spirit" already smiley.

4 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by valarinz: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2018
Phylergy:

Please I'd like to find out about Volkswagen Passat 2005/2006/2007 models. What do u think is their most common issues and would you advice me to go for it. Someone actually said they usually have electronics issues but thats just one person's opinion.

What do you think??

Don't know much about Volkswagen products, i think greatstephenho will be of much better assistance

2 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by valarinz: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2018
abuc:

I made the first of choice of Corolla due to what others told me about it. I was informed that Toyota Corolla consumes low fuel and easy to maintain.

I have not heard much about Volvo and it will be difficult to choose a first car without seeking the opinions of more experience car owners and drivers.

If you feel I don't deserve your advice because I did not make Volvo my first choice, I will respect your it. I actually wonder how many young Nigerians will choose Volvo or Peugeot as their first car if they were not advised about it. In this era of social media, I think our buying decision is highly influenced by the reviews and suggestions of others.

Not choosing Volvo as my first car is due to the limited information I have about it. That also necessitated this thread in order for Volvo gurus like you to give me more orientation about it. Though I will appreciate if you have a rethink and give your highly valuable advice regarding Volvo especially in fuel consumption, reliability, and maintenance cost.

I will also be following your threads to see when you post a Volvo S60 like what I saw here https://www.nairaland.com/4848864/upgraded-s60-sale-very-clean

I really love what I saw in that thread and most responses here have also adviced me to get S60 which I will highly consider.

Finally, let me appreciate those that have made contributions so far and those yet to make. You will be helping a young Nigeria entrepreneur make the best decision regarding his first car purchase. Even though I have not bought the car yet, I can feel it in my "Spirit" already smiley.

If you felt aggrieved about my response, then sorry about that. I always don't like beating around the bush so i had to go straight to the point. If you'll make your decision based on what majority of people will say, then just save us all the stress and buy the corolla.

Besides, anything i say will most likely sound like the ramblings of a salesman eager to make a sale, you know i'll always favor the volvo over others.

But if after everything, you still decide to go for a volvo, then 08032897486, if you're not buying from me, i could also assist with pre-purchase inspection

2 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2018
There is a thread on Volvo by Valrinz

I recommended 1999-2002 Volvo S40, Straight V4 but make sure you have a good mechanic.
Dont buy the turbo variant(1.9L Turbo and 2.0 turbo) but try 1.6L and 1.8L V4 for fuel economy.

Since you are also considering fuel economy, don't go for S60 which is a 5cylinder and it is not as good as S40.

If you are in Abuja, Abilla in London line, Apo Mechanic village is very good. Volvo isnt a car for anyhow Kazeems.

I don't drive a Volvo buy my good friend has a S40 turbo and I drive it like kilode.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
valarinz:

If you felt aggrieved about my response, then sorry about that. I always don't like beating around the bush so i had to go straight to the point. If you'll make your decision based on what majority of people will say, then just save us all the stress and buy the corolla.

Besides, anything i say will most likely sound like the ramblings of a salesman eager to make a sale, you know i'll always favor the volvo over others.

But if after everything, you still decide to go for a volvo, then 08032897486, if you're not buying from me, i could also assist with pre-purchase inspection

Okay, noted.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
There is a thread on Volvo by Valrinz

I recommended 1999-2002 Volvo S40, Straight V4 but make sure you have a good mechanic.
Dont buy the turbo variant(1.9L Turbo and 2.0 turbo) but try 1.6L and 1.8L V4 for fuel economy.

Since you are also considering fuel economy, don't go for S60 which is a 5cylinder and it is not as good as S40.

If you are in Abuja, Abilla in London line, Apo Mechanic village is very good. Volvo isnt a car for anyhow Kazeems.

I don't drive a Volvo buy my good friend has a S40 turbo and I drive it like kilode.

Thanks. I appreciate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by corado02: 12:26am On Dec 25, 2018
Clean and neatly used Toyota Camry for sale. Only used few months. Car has DVD player, CD player, reverse camera, Bluetooth, good engine and gear, AC needs filling.

Car is located in Benin, Edo State
Call: 07060910650
Whatsapp: 0908950095

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by okoroemeka(m): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2018
corado02:
Clean and neatly used Toyota Camry for sale. Only used few months. Car has DVD player, CD player, reverse camera, Bluetooth, good engine and gear, AC needs filling.

Car is located in Benin, Edo State
Call: 07060910650
Whatsapp: 0908950095
not for the faint hearted
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Literally anything is better than a Corolla.

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Frankdamaxx(m): 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2018
We are listening.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 9:52am On Dec 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

You mean every Volvo?

Kindly explain.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2018
abuc:

You mean every Volvo?

Kindly explain.

Yes, even Volvos
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by thebigkendo(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

TheCar come and defend your honour grin grin
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by diportivo: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

what is wrong with the turbo variant....Pls enlighten us

also,how will u say the S60 is not as good as the S40??

the S60 is a freaking upgrade on the S40 with all the bell and whistles

if the op can afford the S60 he shld go for it......it's a newer model,better engine,better all round performance

S40 bawo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 26, 2018
RZArecta2:

I park mine on the street overnight every night and I don't have a High BP.

Sell the beauty and functionalities of Volvo to the OP.

Leave Corolla out if it.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2018
thebigkendo:

TheCar come and defend your honour grin grin

Our honour has been defended from the first post on this thread.

The OP first choice is Corolla and since money never complete, his next option (Second Choice) is a Volvo.

When money complete, OP would sell Volvo and go for his first choice.

Let other brand marketing manager and volunteer ambassador of other brands market their brand to the OP.

Peace.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 26, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

grin grin grin grin

The OP is asking for advice on Volvo not Corolla.

1 Like

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by abuc: 10:16pm On Dec 26, 2018
diportivo:

if the op can afford the S60 he shld go for it......it's a newer model,better engine,better all round performance

S40 bawo undecided

I'm currently considering S60 model.
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by valarinz: 7:05am On Dec 27, 2018
TheCar:

Our honour has been defended from the first post on this thread.

The OP first choice is Corolla and since money never complete, his next option (Second Choice) is a Volvo.

When money complete, OP would sell Volvo and go for his first choice.

Let other brand marketing manager and volunteer ambassador of other brands market their brand to the OP.

Peace.

grin grin grin

Very very good response, one bottle of origin cool
Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 27, 2018
TheCar:

I park mine on the street overnight every night and I don't have a High BP.

Sell the beauty and functionalities of Volvo to the OP.

Leave Corolla out if it.

grin grin grin grin

Re: Is Volvo A Good Buy? I Need Your Advice Please by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 27, 2018
[quote author=Okoyeeebos post=74206346][/quote]

I sympathize with him but that doesn't discourage other people from buying Corolla.

If you see five cars and you didn't see any Corolla, you need to watch your step (if you're walking) or increase your speed (if you're driving). grin grin grin

Stop comparing Corolla to Volvo. They aren't in the same class.

Don't be like people that Jonathan appointed to campaign for his re-election but instead keep selling the opposition.

Focus on Volvo, like I said earlier, Sell the beauty and functionality of Volvo to the OP.

The more you try discouraging people from buying Corolla the more you sell the model in Nigeria.

Go to any Car dealerships (Tokunbo) in Lagos and asked how fast selling Corolla is and you would be shocked people dey deposit money for Corolla yet to be cleared at Port.

Allow Corolla to Shine. Allow people driving Corolla enjoy their ride.

grin grin grin

SideNote:

Whatever car you buy, ensure you get your car insured comprehensively and enjoy your ride in peace without high BP.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Pictorial History Of The Honda Accord / FRSC Warns Owners Of Right-hand Drive Vehicles / Side Effect Of Over Filling Of Engine Oil???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.