Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ (13718 Views)

Reno Omokri Apologizes To Toyin Saraki For Comparing Her With Queen Elizabeth / 9th Assembly: Lawmakers To Get N19.89bn Allowances In Three Months / Senate Pays N85.5million As Dariye Allowances In Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by chinedumoooo: 6:27am On Dec 24, 2018
Saraki second name is corruption,he sue national assembly workers because their protest of unpaid allowance and he been paying a convict his entitlements.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by chinedumoooo: 6:45am On Dec 24, 2018
krendo:
Does Saraki really have control of who gets paid in Senate and does not?

I will be surprised if the law shows this to be the case as Saraki is only first among equals

May be SERAP should sue the actual agency with the responsibility to pay Senators
Let me remind you, when senator omo-agege challenge saraki during session,he was suspended and senator omo-agege from delta State went to court and the court judgement fovours omo agege but saraki refuse to pay him his allowance and his basic salary which prompt omo agege to raise alarm against the ugly situation instantly court ordered saraki to pay senator omo-agege his entitlements in which he did.
Brother,he is the elected president of the senators and he has the legal right to pay or withheld any member due entitlements.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by omoakin87(m): 6:55am On Dec 24, 2018
Sam0:
if Buhari steps in now they will say is wintch hunting.

Common stop that jooor. Did Buhari administration not pay Maina, the pension committee chairman that was alleged of fraud by Jonathan Administration and prosecuted back all is entitlements amounting to over 200million without being discharged and acquitted by court? even try to reinstated him through the back door after a deviance warning from head of service. So defend what you know jaweee.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by oweman: 6:57am On Dec 24, 2018
Thats prison servicre allowance so that when he Bukola graduate to Kuje prison he too might be paid .
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by iceboy4752(m): 6:59am On Dec 24, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
but u forget that a large percentage of those who are in APC today are former PDP members Which means they were also part of the "Past corrupt leaders"

A "large percentage" you said, but a "larger percentage" are PDP members.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by iceboy4752(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2018
BigBashiru:

Fortunately change is around the corner. Sowore of the AAC is Nigeria's next president.
I believe Sowore will do well as a president. The problem is that it seems as if only Buhari and Atiku are the candidates, so let's just admit that it is almost impossible for him to win. Many people barely know sowore, especially in the north which has the "vote power."
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by Optimusprime(m): 7:16am On Dec 24, 2018
BruncleZuma:

I was waiting for someone to notice that Saraki is not the National Assembly Service Commission.

Me too.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by Kusetic(m): 7:26am On Dec 24, 2018
krendo:
The same Buhari that reappointed Maina after proven cases of corruption na him you people dey make noise

A lot of Nigerians are shallow minded

Dariye was elected by his people, until he is recalled by his people there is nothing Saraki can do about it

The law says an ex convict can’t be elected. I don’t know what the law says about an already elected senator that then gets convicted

So before you call Saraki names let’s see what the court can make of the case.

Saraki can not singlehandedly stop the salary of a fellow Senator. I will be surprised if he has such powers

In the article, it's clearly stated that it is unconstitutional for the senator to still hold the post and be receiving the benefits therein while he is in prison. This is not about opinion or shallowmindedness, it's about our rights as a people.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by verifiablefacts: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2018
krendo:
Does Saraki really have control of who gets paid in Senate and does not?

I will be surprised if the law shows this to be the case as Saraki is only first among equals

May be SERAP should sue the actual agency with the responsibility to pay Senators
so you want to claim to know more than serap now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by donqx: 7:37am On Dec 24, 2018
smiley
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by DVoices: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2018
iceboy4752:
And some PDP supporters were praying for Saraki to be the PDP presidential candidate. Even though I'm not too interested in politics, I still agree with APC's claim that our country's Economy was mismanaged and annihilated by PDP for sixteen years. If you ask many why Nigeria is still underdeveloped since 1999, they'll say it is because of the "past corrupt leaders." Ironically, most of the "past corrupt leaders" were PDP members and they still want to vote in these people.

Are u confused? PDPAPC and APCPDP what's the difference?
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by precious1967(m): 10:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Serap should ask the FG what they are still doing about $25million contract awarded under d nose of PMB as minister of petroleum in NNPC
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by legba1(m): 10:40am On Dec 24, 2018
I agree APC is PDP with a different colour......same old looting cronies but to sanitize a home we need to start from somewhere. if the youth can pay more attention to holding this old vipers to account same way our youths take serious @madeinlagos or @OLIC our journey to liberty would have started. Imagine paying a prisoner 14plus milli and no one sees anything bad about it....if i can get a loan of a million naira to advance my farm, i will be able to employ 5 more workers on ma farm.....and yet we have some hungry folks defending such act cos of silly politics...we are busy promoting same set of thieves and fighting silly tribal wars. we are not ready yet.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by TGM2015: 10:55am On Dec 24, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
but u forget that a large percentage of those who are in APC today are former PDP members Which means they were also part of the "Past corrupt leaders"
iceboy4752:

A "large percentage" you said, but a "larger percentage" are PDP members.
As at today, the so called "large percentage" HAS RETURNED to PDP. That is what you missed in your reply @iceboy4752.
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by mae1: 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2018
shotuns:
You are just been akward , When some senators like Omo Agege were suspended and their entittlement were not paid , Whose name was mention ? Of course it was Saraki who gave the order to withheld their money for few months.
Now it involve a prisoner you now said Saraki' s name wasnt mentioned Or not involved. Abeg just keep quiet, We all know how Saraki Operates, He must have a commision in that payment.
PDPs are all known to be brutal about money, selfish interest always.

It's all good if you quote me to tell me how awkward I sound supposedly supporting "Saraki" for withholding the pay of opposition senators who were having issues at one time whiles applauding him now for paying a convicted senator;
Firstly, you or any other person on your side on this issue should quote me when I've supported such in the past, that is if you can.

Secondly, my comment only address the issue and brought out the schemishes of the Op in deliberately calling out the SP in the case, when in the body of the article it was not so. Invariably, I addressed an issue whiles you showed from your reply, you had deliberately avoided that and rather indirectly assumed me to be a PDP member or a supporter.

Thirdly, you've told me you're a political biased person for even having the impetus to use such adjectives to qualify PDP, when the buck of the current ruling party members are made up of the same political breed of exPDP politicians. Such hypocrisy!

In all, please learn the etos of intellectual argument before you jump into one.

Thanks!
Re: SERAP Sues Saraki For ‘paying Dariye N14.2m Monthly Allowances In Prison’ by iceboy4752(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2018
TGM2015:

As at today, the so called "large percentage" HAS RETURNED to PDP. That is what you missed in your reply @iceboy4752.
They're only trying to hide under the broom because they know that the umbrella can't foster their looting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Inspector General Of Police Emplaces Robust Security Arrangement Nationwide / 40MW Kashimbilla Hydro-Power Plant Lights Up Taraba Community / Senator Akpanudoedehe’s Exit And The Effect On APC In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.