Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi (20075 Views)

2023: Govs Take Charge As Uncertainty Hovers Over Osinbajo, Tinubu / Tinubu’s Associates Split Over Osinbajo’s Alleged Presidential Bid / Uneasy Calm In APC Over Osinbajo’s Growing Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:21am On Dec 25, 2018
Group cautions Osinbajo, Ajimobi against instigating Yoruba-Igbo feud

A pan-Igbo socio-political pressure group, the South East Revival Group, SERG, has urged Vice President Yemi Osinbajo and Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State to exercise restraint in their utterances as the country goes into general elections next year to avoid pitching their Yoruba ethnic group against the Igbo.

The national co-ordinator of SERG, Chief Willy Ezugwu in a statement issued in Abuja, yesterday, recalled that “while speaking at the Alaafin’s palace, the Vice President had urged the Yoruba to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari to pave way for Yoruba presidency in 2023, but Governor Ajimobi took the narrative higher by declaring that the 2019 election was between the Hausa and Yoruba alliance on one hand and the Hausa and Igbo on the other.

“We condemn in strongest terms possible, this brand of ethnic politics and this unprovoked and unjustified attacks on Igbos by the two Yoruba leaders. Such utterances can spark ethnic cleansing or inter-tribal crisis.

“Nigerian leaders must live by example and avoid hate speech ahead of 2019 general elections. This is important because we must have a country first before we can think of who rules over its affairs.
“Nigeria is bigger than our regional ethnic sentiments. We should rather focus on issues of justice and peaceful coexistence to save the country from disintegration.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/group-cautions-osinbajo-ajimobi-against-instigating-yoruba-igbo-feud/amp/

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:28am On Dec 25, 2018
I wonder who is going to do the ethnic cleansing he mentioned.

Yoruba has never in its history wiped out a people for their belief or ethnicity. We will not start now. God forbid!

Ibo is not even at our level militarily...it will not be a ethnic cleansing it would be a genetic wipe out if we were to engage in such foolishness. God forbid!

I wonder if this Ibo leader meant in his phrase ethnic cleansing against Yoruba. Ohanaeze needs to call him to order.

We dont attack others...but our defensive response is legendary!

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth! grin

149 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 3:29am On Dec 25, 2018
IGBO LEADERS SHOULD ENSURE MAJORITY VOTES FOR APC AS WELL AS 4 OUT OF 5 GOVERNORS FOR THE APC IF THEY WANT PRESIDENCY IN 2023

#VOTEWISELY

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 3:57am On Dec 25, 2018
ALMUSTAQIM:
IGBO LEADERS SHOULD ENSURE MAJORITY VOTES FOR APC AS WELL AS 4 OUT OF 5 GOVERNORS FOR THE APC IF THEY WANT PRESIDENCY IN 2023

#VOTEWISELY

Igboland must look like what SW looks like now if they truly want APC ticket in 2023.

All State House of Assemblies must be APC.

All State Executives must be APC card carrying members and vouched by the party structure.

All Reps and Senators from SE must be 90% APC representation.

That will show they are serious and ready to invest in APC.

They cant be invested in PDP and demanding APC endorsement. Never will that happen.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Guestlander: 4:35am On Dec 25, 2018
Osinbajo did not say anything that can be considered offensive to ibos.
What he said is tame compared to what some ibos have said about Yorubas.
One even said we practice amala politics.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Hector09(m): 4:51am On Dec 25, 2018
Yoruba's behaving like the king makers

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Anigreat: 4:56am On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo is not even at our level militarily...it will not be a ethnic cleansing it would be a genetic wipe out if we were to engage in such foolishness. God forbid!

I wonder if this Ibo leader meant in his phrase ethnic cleansing against Yoruba. Ohanaeze needs to call him to order.

shocked

This one is consoling himself by chess beating.

If the igbos could face Nigeria army during the civil war, and the only weapon Nigeria army could used was stopping food from entering Biafra. Then who are the yorubas to face the igbos in war? Igbos will pulverised the tribe filled with cowards.

Most superior tribe indeed! Lol.... Cowards.... Cowards!

Rat poison drinkers!

109 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 4:57am On Dec 25, 2018
Haven't you heard what Igbo people had said in the past to Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani, Edo etc? this is nothing compared to that.

Buhari will defeat Atiku come 2019 and Igbo people will defects to APC lass lass but it will not save them in 2023.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 5:01am On Dec 25, 2018
Guestlander:
Osinbajo did not say anything that can considered offensive to ibos.
What he said is tame compared to what some ibos have said about Yorubas.
One even said we practice amala politics.

There is nothing wrong in what the VP or the Governor said.

Ibo wants a surrogate mother.

They have been crying that is their "turn" and should be "allowed" to run for Presidency. They are expecting others to start echoing that sentiment on their behalf. Anyone that does not, like Yoruba, is an enemy and hates Ibo.

They said so many bad and gut wrenching bad things about APC and even against its leadership. To the point a group in SE even warned the President of Nigeria that if he stepped foot in SE he will not make it out alive. The leaders did not chastise the group and reassure the President that SE is safe for him. The Presudency cancelled the trip.

They are yet to apologize for all their missteps against APC or aggravated assaults against its leadership. They just believe they are entitled to APC ticket and if anyone blocks them from getting it that person is tribal and hateful.

In reality VP is campainging for himself for a succession in 2023. There is nothing wrong in that. He has not gone against any law, he is allowed to campaign for his own success.

Ibos are upset that he is not supporting "its our turn" mantra and also not agreeing that "President will hand over to Igbo".

A frame of hatred or tribalism or bigotry issued by SE against anyone is just a tantrum, its a pressure. Nigerians used to fall for it but "eyes don open" past all that nonsense. Even their cry of marginalizqtion is no longer given thoughts because we all now know its their cry for a surrogate mother.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:06am On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

If the igbos could face Nigeria army during the civil war, and the only weapon Nigeria army could used was stopping food from entering Biafra. Then who are the yorubas to face the igbos in war? Igbos will pulverised the tribe filled with cowards.

Rat poison drinkers!

You people are the coward... YORUBA people saved una during the Civil War by not fighting against the Igbos otherwise that tribe you're chestbeating on or you represent will be wiped out of existence.

Go and check your population in all the south west since the 1960, Ask yourself what are your people doing there in very large numbers than other places in Nigeria.
If not for the accommodating Yorubas, y'all will be scarce in population like the Northern part, South South etc.

Its shameful that is only Igbo that can be insulting Yorubas even when 45% of Igbos lived in their region.

If there should be war, is gonna be a easy win for the Yorubas race.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 5:11am On Dec 25, 2018
Hector09:
Yoruba's behaving like the king makers

Who else, beside Yoruba, is kingmaker? grin

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 25, 2018
Despite THEIR EXPOSURE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION and Background, I am still perplexed that a senior Advocate of Nigeria as well as a Senior Pastor of a leading Pentecostal Church could utter such.
It goes to show the LEVEL of CEREBRAL DECADENCE and TRIBALISM displayed by men , kids look up to.
In the midst of Gross Unemployment, Insecurity, Unpatriotism, Massacres, Tribalism and Divisiveness, this is what an acclaimed Man of God could campaign with.
Already Bargaining for 2023 with the useless present day leadership, rather than asking God for Wisdom.
If NIGERIA starts getting better from the 30th year of my statement, I will BURN my degree certificate.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Guestlander: 5:18am On Dec 25, 2018
EVILFOREST:
Despite THEIR EXPOSURE, EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION and Background, I am still perplexed that a senior Advocate of Nigeria as well as a Senior Pastor of a leading Pentecostal Church could utter such.
It goes to show the LEVEL of CEREBRAL DECADENCE and TRIBALISM displayed by men , kids look up to.
If NIGERIA starts getting better from the 40th year of my statement, I will BURN my degree certificate.

You people are just trying to blackmail the vice president. None of you have been able explain why what he said is offensive to anyone.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by raumdeuter: 5:23am On Dec 25, 2018
This senseless group did not tell Obi and Arthur Eze to watch their speech when they were insulting yorubas under Jonathan

Una just dey start no need for political correctness anymore

Ajimobi Osinbajo Fashola Tinubu we the yoruba nation are behind you

Yoruba 2023 under APC

Ibos should seek presidential ticket under the party they invested in

You cannot abuse APC daily and still want presidency from them

74 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 5:46am On Dec 25, 2018
Guestlander:

You people are just trying to blackmail the vice president. None of you have been able explain why what he said is offensive to anyone.

Ibo is not good at cerebral exercise assembling a logical, chronological chain-link of cause-effect events. At best they might have a good start but midway the mind strays and the thoughts shifts away from its intellectual engagement. Their mind behaves in similitude to their physique, quick twitches of brain muscle incapable of holding a thought or intellectual activity for a long concentration. The intellect has a very short endurance before it drops its cell electrons. Their physique is the same way. It lacks endurance for prolonged physical pressure before it yields. This is why they are good in contact sports or those events in which a quick jerk of the muscle is required. Any game of sports that require concentration and calculation to outmaneuver the opponent is not good for them, they fail in it. In physiology this deficiency is called ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder.

In discussion an Ibo will soon default to an emotional outburst, and unable to get his points across, he will all of a sudden resign to fate and conclude that he is being picked on, hated, stereotyped, envied, marginalized, singled out.

The genetic deficiency of ADD is truly at the root of his problem.

I can write a book on this topic of ADD and other deficiencies Ibo suffer from and its negative impact on their general mental and health balance.

It cannot be separated from their political output.

For this reason I will be an advocate of treating the Ibo demand for political inclusion the same way we would treat the demand of disabled persons for improvements in accessibility to public facilities. For indeed Ibo should be acknowdleged as a political handicap.

Just my thought!

Yoruba, the most Superior race on earth!

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by seanfer(m): 6:44am On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Ibo is not good at cerebral exercise assembling a logical, chronological chain-link of cause-effect events. At best they might have a good start but midway the mind strays and the thoughts shifts away from its intellectual engagement. Their mind behaves in similitude to their physique, quick twitches of brain muscle incapable of holding a thought or intellectual activity for a long concentration. The intellect has a very short endurance before it drops its cell electrons. Their physique is the same way. It lacks endurance for prolonged physical pressure before it yields. This is why they are good in contact sports or those events in which a quick jerk of the muscle is required. Any game of sports that require concentration and calculation to outmaneuver the opponent is not good for them, they fail in it. In physiology this deficiency is called ADD - Attention Deficit Disorder.

In discussion an Ibo will soon default to an emotional outburst, and unable to get his points across, he will all of a sudden resign to fate and conclude that he is being picked on, hated, stereotyped, envied, marginalized, singled out.

I can write a book on this topic of ADD and other deficiencies Ibo suffer from and its negative impact on their general mental and health balance.

For this reason I will be an advocate of treating the Ibo demand for political inclusion the same way we would treat the demand of disabled persons for improvements in accessibility to public facilities. For indeed Ibo should be acknowdleged as a political handicap.

Just my thought!

You said it all.... I work with them and they will always feel inferior in the midst of their tribes ..

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 25, 2018
seanfer:

You said it all.... I work with them and they will always feel inferior even to their Junior Staff...

Jobless people amongst the 20m unemployed are talking aswell.

12 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 7:39am On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Yoruba has never in its history wiped out a people for their belief or ethnicity. We will not start now. God forbid!

Your brain was obviously made with the least iota of sense... a perfect write up devoid of inter-tribal conflict is where you got ethnic cleansing from...

Despite it being a call for caution, you still were able to conjoin this gabbage, some stupids are extraordinary..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by seanfer(m): 7:44am On Dec 25, 2018
Esseite:

Jobless people amongst the 20m unemployed are talking aswell.

By their comment we know them...

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 25, 2018
seanfer:

By their comment we know them...

Move along with your inferiority complex while trying to tag a whole tribe to it..

"I work with them, thats how they are" - uselessness

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Just my thought!

Haba! Oga please, tone down the rhetoric, as much as I find the online banters between Yorubas and Igbos entertaining, this post could be misconstrued for hate speech.

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by jafol(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2018
I love it when Igbos wails, it just turns me on. They want everybody to hail them while they spill hatred towards the same tribe they want support from lol

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ImperialYoruba: 8:38am On Dec 25, 2018
Volksfuhrer:

Haba! Oga please, tone down the rhetoric, as much as I find the online banters between Yorubas and Igbos entertaining, this post could be misconstrued for hate speech.

Volksfuhrer,
grin

I dont hate anyone but I am not obligated to anyone for political correctness.

Political correctness is smile in your face dagger in your back.

Im not into that. I say it like it is. The victims of my tongue can quench. grin

20 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by efighter: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

Rat poison drinkers!

Yorubas are really cowards to have used over three millions of your fathers and mothers for pepper soup and suya and your sisters as sex slaves between 1967 and 1970. Don't let your father see this post, it will bring back bad memories and nightmare.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Pigsandidiots: 8:44am On Dec 25, 2018
Anigreat:

shocked

Rat poison drinkers!

Which igbo face nigeria, see this one taking military fight against themselves to beat chest. Are you ok. Why did you think your soldiers cannot enter west. I laugh in swahili

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by helinues: 9:03am On Dec 25, 2018
Jobless Igbo group

Igbos are political naive

16 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by danot1030: 9:03am On Dec 25, 2018
How is this an attack on the igbos? Just asking though

8 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by Lordofthewest(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2018
Tell em bro...they've started playing victim as usual like the cowards they are as if they were not the ones that started ethnic politics in this country after Jonathan who's not even igbo lost in 2015, went about calling yoruba and other tribes names where was the useless igbo group then?....awon olori pelebe akindanidani gbogbo
ImperialYoruba:

22 Likes

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by ExpiredNigeria: 9:04am On Dec 25, 2018
Lamentation everywhere.

Over 5yrs, approved, verified Google AdSense Account with $94 and a website for sale

Call or WhatsApp me 0706 238 3910

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by kenzysmith: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2018
Any igbo. Man that will vote for buhari ve no sense

1 Like

Re: Igbo Group Laments Over Osinbajo And Ajimobi by tunjijones(m): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Femi Adesina Threatens John Ameh, PUNCH State House Reporter / President Buhari Inaugurates Industrial Court New Building (Photos) / 2023: Northern Christians Reject APC’s Muslim-Muslim Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.