Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

National Open University of Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University of Nigeria (41287 Views)

Masters Degree At National Open University Abuja / National Open University / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 6:22pm On Apr 06, 2007
larry the fees is kind of expensive. 50, 000. can take care of 1 session. remember you are treated like a working class sort of. although thos in the hem of affairs promised the fees will come down as soon as things start taking real shape. as for the duration . a minimum of two and half year and as long as 8 years can put a degree in your kittim.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2007
ok i see, and how are the exams conducted ?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2007
when you said 50k can take care of one session, that also means two semester right, that could count to mhow many months.

p.s

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 1:07pm On Apr 16, 2007
hello noun students, please if there any noun student based in abuja i would like to get intouch with the person so that we can talk1 to 1

thanks

p.s

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2007
does anyone ever reply on this forum .

p.s

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by darlytina: 8:12pm On May 10, 2007
Re:National Open University of Nigeria.

pls can anyone tell me if this Noun school offer mass communication or a related course.

and i also want to knw their process of admission and the total amount required for admission.

thirdly,i would like to knw their next admission session and to knw if it's advisable to school in Noun.pls this is urgent because i dont want to be left out this year;i will be greatful if this is urgently replied.
my num is;08050664128 or you can mail;teeteecrystal4real@yahoo.co.uk.my name is tina i reside in port harcourt.thanks
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by darlytina: 8:20pm On May 10, 2007
Re:National Open University of Nigeria.

pls can anyone tell me if this Noun school offer mass communication or a related course.

and i also want to knw their process of admission and the total amount required for admission.

thirdly,i would like to knw their next admission session and to knw if it's advisable to school in Noun.pls this is urgent because i dont want to be left out this year;i will be greatful if this is urgently replied.
my num is;08050664128 or you can mail;teeteecrystal4real@yahoo.co.uk.my name is clementina i reside in port harcourt.thanks
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by ChiefS(m): 5:27pm On May 14, 2007
Their website is www.nou.edu.ng. You can confirm your courses
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2007
come guys admmission form are on sale for NOUN. sorry larry I have being away for a while.
although I am not a student of NOUN yet I kind of like their method of running the programm lets all hope it works.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 10:42am On Jun 01, 2007
@darlytina

have you been able to make enquiries yet about your course.

larry

@goldeojays
yeah man the system is actually a good method but my fear is if their degrees will be accepted.

p.s

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 12:32pm On Jun 01, 2007
@larry
I called their office at Lagos this morning and was told that the addmission form will last to the end of june and that the form cost 2500, only.
As for accerptance there is no reason why the would not accerpt it. this is a federal university which accreditation from Unesco, the common wealth of nation and the nigeria university commision I mean the system can only get better.
As for me I intend to apply.
what course do you intend to go for larry?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 1:02pm On Jun 01, 2007
@goldeojays

ok i see, the same thing a friend of mine told me before, and about the application i would love to apply for computer science or data managment. but the things is that i am currently pursueing a job in one or two places i am a CCNA and an Oracle certified proffesional so i actually intend to work first b4 i start i don't becasue i do not want to be financially pressured during the duration of my course.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 10:09am On Jun 02, 2007
@larry
That is not a bad idea. remember it is possible for you to defer the admission to the following year if you are not finiancialy comfortable as at the time of gaining the addmission.
I intend to go for law though am a mechanical guy at the moment. you know I wish I can pursue a course in Law to msc level and just divert into lecturing or something.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by kelewax(m): 2:18am On Jun 03, 2007
Please does anyone know when another semester would be starting.
I am aware that they have finished an examination just before the presidential elections
but nothing has been said about resumption. thanks.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2007
@: goldeojays

really thats good, then thats definately what i will do. so why LAW of all the choices that you have ??

@kelewax
Are you a student of NOUN ??
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2007
@larry
Just have a strong emotional or sentimental attachment to that stuff.
recently though, I am beginning to have a rethink.
just need something I can be an authority on. since I may want to go into lecturing either on part time bases or full time.
Presently I am thinking of going into peace and conflict resolution. some thing that is a kind of new and unpopular in the country yet with an international appeal.
As I earlier told you I am a mechanical technician but you know the work is kind of demanding and after some years your powers start failing and teaching in a university will just be right then for a person of my sort. also, I ve a flare for imparting knowledge to others a kind of gift I should say. not for the finical benefits but for the joy and satisfaction that can accrue from it.
waiting to, hear from you larry.

@k,
as for the time of resumption  called the office and wasd told that it going to be after the senate meets which the told me was giong to to be soon. may be you can call yourself.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2007
@goldeojays
ok i see well if it's something that you really have a passion for well i would suggest you do it, yeah i heard about that peace and conflict resolution course and it's really a hot one. By the way what are the procedures for registering your course. i mean which of the banks can i get the form to buy from, i would mind starting this year. i also got a job offer too but it's based on a pertime offer. so i c no reason why i should wait or defer till next year. where are you based ?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by hajifish(m): 11:49am On Jun 15, 2007
Please Guys i need information on thier 2007 session is thier Form now Sales?
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Realpoint(m): 11:36pm On Jun 26, 2007
@all

You guys are doing a very wonderful work with all these useful information as regards NOUN. More power to your elbow.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Realpoint(m): 7:25am On Jun 27, 2007
@all,

Please I need to know if National Open University of Nigeria is doing fine now because many of my friend that started it in 2003 and 2005 respectively have to leave after so many disappointment.
I wish to put in for Computer Science or Communication Technology.Please guys advise me on what to do either to buy form or not.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 11:11am On Jun 27, 2007
@realpoint

I can't really say but from what i have been hearing things are getting better, i just bought the form now and i also intend to go for comm tech or computer sci lets just pray that things get better.

p.s

larry
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by scolary: 8:39pm On Jun 27, 2007
please friends!
is any of u here study in {UNN}?
CUZ I WILL LUV TO GET INFORMATION ADMISSION ON PHARMACY?PLEASE smiley
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by scolary: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2007
i need someone to help me to get admission into unn and achieve something in it.

u can drop a line or mail add for me.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by scolary: 8:45pm On Jun 27, 2007
i need someone to help me to get admission into unn and achieve something in it.

u can drop a line or mail add for me.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Realpoint(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2007
@larryoncol,

I called some of their co ordinator yesterday and they promised that everything is okay.That their problem was due to inaddicuate planning so let us hope that they will perform better now while risking our 2500 naira.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 11:11am On Jun 28, 2007
@realpoint

yesoh i hope so, it's arisk that we have to take, i have already gotten my receipt to fill myform online and i hope that i didn't have to spend it in vain, so lets hope for the best, i feel that as time goes on itm will even become better. by the way where are you based.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Realpoint(m): 10:01pm On Jun 29, 2007
@larryoncol

I am in Kano State and haven't get where to buy my scratch card for now. Maybe you will buy for me if I can't get it in the next two weeks.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2007
ok no props,
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by goldeojays(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2007
@ larry and Realpoint.
you are guys are indeed great. sorry I have being away for some time now. I had some problem to take care of.
Now you can count on me. may be in the future I will get to meet this great Nigerians that beleive something as Noble as NOUN will work. dont forget even Tony blair of britian is a product of an open university.
let us risk it now that many doubt it.
REMEMBER LIFE IS A RISK AND NOT TAKING RISK IS A RISK ON IT'S OWN.
NOUN,2007 HERE WE COME.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by Biliamin(m): 9:42am On Jul 13, 2007
Good day guyz

My girl is really interested in going to this university because of the flexibility involved. Anybody that has any information about the course (NURSING) should please abreast me before she invests her precious money and time.

Thanks guyz
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by jesuseun1(m): 1:32pm On Jul 14, 2007
hello guys,i really want to know when the sales of the forms will be closing and the school fees for a PGD PROG IN

NOUN,and what is the duration for the PGD like.i THink this time will be the best time to be a student in Noun,we should

remember that when NECO was first of all introduced it was not fully accecpted but now it is now compare with WAEC,so i

believe NOUN too will be the same story,lets be wise and take advantage of NOUN now,It will pay in the future.I think the

problem is that there is not enough enlightment on what noun has to offer and how it is been run.THe Govt should work

more on this.
Re: National Open University of Nigeria by larryoncol(m): 8:50am On Jul 16, 2007
@jesu seun

well i actually don't know the due date for the closure but you can call and find out, But i was told that by one of the management staff in abuja that the application form will be in sale till next month. yes your right, all NOUN needs is time and i suppose we take advantage of it right now

@ goldeojays
Hey man how you doing ? where have you been pls we need people like you in herr ok, so try as much as possible to keep in touch.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / SHORTHAND: Did You Learn This In School? / University Of Abuja Lecture Hall Overcrowded, No Social Distancing, No Facemasks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.