Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. (13718 Views)

Peter Obi Celebrates With the United States of America - Pics / Peter Obi Celebrates His Wife, Margaret, On Her Birthday / Unknown Gunmen Burns Police Station With Prisoners Inside VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Olaopefola: 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2018
The Vice Presidential candidate of the PDP, Mr. Peter Obi celebrated the Christmas yesterday with prisoners at Onitsha. Obi who, according to the prisoners was visiting them for the third time this year, joined Archbishop Valerian Okeke of Onitsha Ecclesiastical Province with his entire family for Christmas mass at the prisons.

After showering the prisoners with drinks, bags of rice and other items, he also donated money to support their upkeep.

In his exhortation to them, he spoke thus: "we are all prisoners in the world, striving to free ourselves from one impediment or the other. After listening to the Pope's Christmas sermon, I am strengthened in my belief that what we owe one another is love and care, especially for the less privileged."

Obi also visited motherless babies homes in and around Onitsha and gave them monetary gifts, bags of rice and other food items.

At the motherless babies home ran by Sisters of Charity ( Mother Theresa) at Fegge, Onitsha, Obi encouraged them to keep the good work in tradition of their Founder, St. Mother Theresa. He described what they do as "pleasing to God who would reward them accordingly." He enjoyed rich Nigerians that the best way of celebration was by reaching out to the less privileged, who are greater in number in our society.

Earlier in his Sermon, Archbishop Okeke called on Christians to show love to one another and care for the less privileged.

Archbishop Valerian Okeke (middle), flanked by Mr. Peter Obi (1st left); his daughter, Amaka (2nd left); wife, Margaret (2nd right) and son, Eloka (2nd right), after Christmas mass with prisoners at Onitsha prisons yesterday
http://revue.com.ng/obi-celebrates-christmas-with-prisoners-others/
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
IBi like say dey one tell us another story again.

Election time philanthropic madness, they can even go and shake Shekaru for vote like that pics below, something we shouldn't forget in a hurry

8 Likes

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Brizzy404: 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2018
H
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by rayralph(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2018
Nice
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Brizzy404: 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
Nbbb
Read inbetween the lines for taking my spot

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by 3rdavefarms(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Heya
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by myners007: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Is the background building a prison or a public school?
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by noble71(m): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
How many times will this make FP? Meanwhile Obi I like that your daughter.
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Brizzy404:

Read inbetween in lines for taking my spot
Lol, where u wan slot that 3 finger.. May God hath mercy on ur soul
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Modupex(f): 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2018
Good initiative, but he should spread his tentacle to other regions. He's not vying for Governorship

1 Like

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by notoriousbabe: 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2018
Igbos

Pls I need advice, if girlfriend yours is cheated was you on but love was still him to there what go do that must be?

1 Like

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Vtrd: 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2018
Modupex:
Good initiative, but he should spread his tentacle to other regions. He's not vying for Governorship
That is the job of the presidential candidate though.

When osibanjo was running as VP, he did all his door to door and bus campaign in Lagos where he is based.
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Enemking: 2:18pm On Dec 26, 2018
Do u know that people are not allowed to visit the prison yard with their phones, talk more of snapping pictures inside, but look at our future vice president doing that angry
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Enemking: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2018
xxx9947:
please can this person be banned with immidate effect... thanks
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Samakus(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2018
He has a cute family. It's like he mandated his family to always wear 'OK shoes' before the camera?
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Buhari5: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2018
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2018
Lol cheesy,
Prisoners, hope you guys have fun o?!
grin cheesy wink

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by lloyds(m): 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2018
All these politicians self. . We're u celebrating Xmas with prisoners before ? At this time. .

Rubbish deception everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Passionate888: 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
3rd visits in a year! Obi issa goal

1 Like

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Emekadollars(m): 2:29pm On Dec 26, 2018
Okay oo

I sell all kinds of furniture both home and office.
Phone/WhatsApp 07013038612.
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by johnabel123: 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBbXkWesnHo&itct=CBAQpDAYBiITCN-dkLeQvt8CFc804AodjDoCrlIOZW1teWRvbyBjb21lZHk%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by basilo10I: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Good people
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Peacemaker5128: 2:36pm On Dec 26, 2018
Obi is a thief like his boss

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by raumdeuter: 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2018
Where did he spend last Christmas? Election season movement

Maybe Obigot will join them soon
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by zombieTRACKER: 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
While the lying pastor is busy lying
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Antoeni(m): 2:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
Nice one,I expect the likes of Obasanjo,Bode George ,Ibori, Fayose,and Co to always Identify with Home
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Rexnegro(m): 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
election really dey force politicians do what they never did before ... and after the election make I hear say him visit them again
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by zombieTRACKER: 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2018
Peacemaker5128:
Obi is a thief like his boss
raumdeuter:
Where did he spend last Christmas? Election season movement

Maybe Obigot will join them soon

Guess what this two have in common

They are all Yoruba Muslims
Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by Peacemaker5128: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2018
zombieTRACKER:

Guess what this these two have in common

They are all Yoruba Muslims
Idiot

Re: Obi Celebrates Christmas With Prisoners, Others. by zombieTRACKER: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2018
Peacemaker5128:

Idiot

My Yoruba Muslim friend... Go toilet

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dokpesi: Buhari Will Arrest PDP Leaders, Oppress Governors Into Joining APC / INEC Reacts To Sale Of PVCs On Alibaba.com, Foreign Website / Supreme Court To Hear Dickson's Appeal Against Disqualification Suit Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.