Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,727 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages (18103 Views)

Why Most Marriages Never Exceed 10years / When Your Presence Is Ruining The Show / Problems With Sex Is Ruining My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2010
blank:

My own personal experience has taught me that i have nothing to gain but everything to lose when i want to be equal with my husband.
He is so easy to get along its mind blowing.
At first, i wanted to pull rank with him and keep trying to be equal.
We had so many issues that i was beginning to wonder whether he was the same person i dated.
However, i read a book, Fascinating woman, that taught me to stoop to conquer.
Now, he pets me, pampers me so much people r jealous.
Anytime, we are in public, he praises me to the highest heavens.
He never makes any decision even if it is as mundane as can we move the chair to the other room without consulting me.

I thank God for wisdom.

You satisfy his needs, he satisfy your needs. Simples.

It is not comparethemeerkat.com, it is comparethemarket.com. Simples.

It is not that hard but we have this bunch of dumbos calling themselves modern, independent women that have been brainwashed relationship is all about a man satisfying their needs otherwise sex is a weapon.

I say: Rock those chics but don't roll to matrimony with them.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by kobikwelu(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2010
without even reading posts, tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

YES !!!YES!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! (now i feel better tongue tongue tongue tongue)

the moment a woman starts fighting for equality in her home, its like tyrna upset the balance of nature and

the end result is the opposite of a happy home,

BREAKUPs cry cry cry cry
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Oba234: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2010
lol@the boys in here sounding so angry about a random topic. Abeg, chill. Life is not that serious. I also laugh at people that can't reason intelligently without quoting bible scriptures and then quote the same line over and over again while skipping the other parts. I can see selective reasing is very popular among Nigerian men. I also find it a bit humorous that somebody claim that equality is not African. WTF?  Maybe thats why African is called the dark continent or African is the least developed out of any continent. Our mentality is sad. I really hate it when people complain about the western world, yet half of the posters here are living in the western world. I am pretty sure so many nigerians are willing to give a hand and a feet to be able to come to the western world. Abeg, did the western world force you to come to their country. Why don't you take a one way ticket back to your village and I am pretty sure you wouldn't be missed.

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 3:23pm On Aug 07, 2010
IyaBasira:

Not all women are obsessed with shoes and you just broke your previously proclaimed rule of not generalizing. I like shoes as long as they fit my outfit but I am not obsessed with them. In the same vein , I will also assume that while a guys ego is important to him, he is not obsessed with it.

No, madam, I did not break my rule. I gave a synonym on par with what was given.

Not all women are obsessed with shoes, just like not all men have a huge ego in relationships but both are generically associated with the sexes.

Comprehend?

IyaBasira:

I agree with everything you said from the bolded part downwards but you seem to want to prove your intelligence and on this type of forum, there is really no need. When you type intelligent comments, the level of your intelligence will show. Everything I put in bold on your comment  i thought was absolutely right but she was only asking you a hypothetical question. So when you say things like ' Nigga, are you insulting my intelligence ? '  or  'Take it as written in stone ; My intellect is way beyond that '  you exhibit the type of ego most women run away from. Intellect needs no proclamation.

I don't need to proclaim my intelligence. I do so as part of my comedic/maverick delivery on NL or as an attempt to annoy people that have annoyed me with their ignorance. I know it annoys them and gets under their skin and that is where I want to be sometimes.

So stop swinging your bat. It is a forum personality you will not see with me in real life.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by oluagness(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
Experienced and God fearing woman do respect thier men and they (wmen) are honoured. Their children are blessing.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2010
tensor777:

@Sagamite
Note: This does not necessarily have to apply to all relationships. It a guy is daft or useless, he should not even be a Manager in the relationship, talkless of Managing Director. The woman should be free to usurp power in such a situation.

I certainly don't agree with this caveat. Where do you draw the line? In such a scenario she should still defer to and respect her husband. She can do this even whilst getting her own points of view across.

So if a guy is some drunkard fooool, that does not provide for his wife and kids but yet uses his spare change to carry women around, whilst the wife is the backbone bringing those kids up and providing she should still respect and defer to satisfy his stewpid ego?

I beg NOT!

If you want to be respected, behave like someone respectable. If you want to be a leader, then be ready to carry the responsibilities of the leader.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 07, 2010
WTF?? ??

No, madam, I did not break my rule. I gave a synonym on par with what was given.

Not all women are obsessed with shoes, just like not all men have a huge ego with shoes but both are generically associated with the sexes.
Comprehend?
Dude, why have you chosen to make a fo0l out of yourself??
'both are generically associated with the sexes' - I mean WHAT DA FLUNK!

One minute you are rambling on about not generalising.
you've been pulled on the same blunder you accuse other people of and now you are trying wriggle out of it by blowing grammar?

You can as well ask me: "What is with women and their shoes? Why mus they have multiple tens of pairs when men only have about 10?"
The above was your comment.

Can you in your all-knowing and all-surpassing 'intellect' reconcile the comments yyou made?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by TeskyMan(m): 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2010
OYINKANSOW:

I BELIEVE IN A WOMAN SUBMITTING TO HER HUSBAND. DO YOUR PART WHETHER HE DOES HIS PART OR NOT. But it is left to the woman to marry a good man who will love her back with everything.
Why are some men so insecure?Damn, thank God there is no marriage in heaven. That verse you quoted is/was a CURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and THE RESULT OF SIN

The same way God cursed women to be having pain during childbirth. Haba so a curse is now good. I lost an aunt who died at childbirth as well as several other women close to me. So thattt is good!!!!!!! Are you a christian at all? Have you heard of Gal3:13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." and that death came through Adam but life came through Jesus.

Pleaseeeeeeee there is a difference between when God curses and when he blesses. Go and do more bible study. Twisting the Word of God just to massage your egos??

So all the curses of poverty, disease, death, famine, natural disasters that came through Adam'S SIN are good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ OYINKANSOW,

I understand and I am a kind of person who is always ready to learn.

1. Does Gal 3 verse 13 as you have quoted, changed the fact that God made an affirmative statement that ''WOMEN'S DESIRE SHALL BE TO THEIR HUSBAND ONLY AND THAT THE HUSBAND SHALL RULE OVER THE WIFE'' ?

2. Does the redemption you mentioned has now make women equal to man in God's original creation of mankind?

Pls, do NOT see me as a man who is powerdrunk person, or someone who likes being refered to as the HEAD OF THE FAMILY.

I am someone who sought the consent of my wife before taking a decision. I just want to get the point you are making, so as to understand the Bible more as you rightly said in your last post.

No offense please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pls i'll like you to educate me more on this?
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2010
Oba234:

lol@the boys in here sounding so angry about a random topic. Abeg, chill. Life is not that serious. I also laugh at people that can't reason intelligently without quoting bible scriptures and then quote the same line over and over again while skipping the other parts.

Abi o!

Gets on my nerves when people cannot make a logical, intelligent point without quoting a scripture.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Cashville(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2010
Why won't she submit to me after I bought her. The family took me to the cleaners because of marriage. She dare not compet with me. grin
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMO IBO:

WTF?? ??
Dude, why have you chosen to make a fo0l out of yourself??
'both are generically associated with the sexes' - I mean WHAT DA FLUNK!

One minute you are rambling on about not generalising.
you've been pulled on the same blunder you accuse other people of and now you are trying wriggle out of it by blowing grammar?
The above was your comment.

Can you in your all-knowing and all-surpassing 'intellect' reconcile the comments yyou made?

Don't be daft, I always told you that your intellect is below mine.

Where did you see me generalise?

If I say "Paris is a beautiful city", does that necessarily mean I mean ALL parts of Paris is beautiful?

Does your intellect rise up to that level?

Where did you see me state "What is with ALL women and their shoes?"

Reality is that there are a lot of women obsessed with shoes and have multiple pairs, they even have pairs they never worn. Whilst majority of men are not like that. I rarely know guys that own more than 12 pairs of footwear, whilst women on average have over 30, so it is fair to ask "What is with women and their shoes?"

Comprehend?
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by harakiri(m): 3:52pm On Aug 07, 2010
A lot of people here don't know that the real reason 'gender equality'/feminism/equal rights movement sprang up decades was NOT in the interest of improving womens' lives but i'll leave that statement hanging coz most people here would never understand even when you go through pains explaining. Back to the topic. . .gender equality is not about women's rights. Its about women keeping their natural rights as women and still having rights as 'men'. How this 'logic' remotely makes sense to people never ceases to baffle me. That is why there is always conflict with this issue coz its a disruption of the natural order of things all in the name of being 'civilized'. Aren't women voting and working in all male professions? What more do women want? Everything the women rights groups aimed to get has been achieved BUT are they satisfied? No! And they will not stop until men become extinct. The issue is simple. . . If you want a peaceful marriage, then check your feministic ideas at the door BUT if you prepared to live the rest of your natural life being single or a lesbian, then by all means embrace feminism (you would make the likes of Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres proud! ).
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 07, 2010
You must be raving mad.
How many times have i given you the chance to conversate with me??
Bloody plonker.

Reality is that there are[b] a lot of women [/b] obsessed with shoes and have multiple pairs, so that they have even never worn. Whilst majority of men are not like that. I rarely know guys that own more than 12 pairs of footware, whilst women on average have over 30, so it is fair to ask "What is with women and their shoes?"
You can as well ask me: "What is with women and their shoes? Why mus they have multiple tens of pairs when men only have about 10?"

If you claim there is no difference between the above quotes by his all-knowing 'intellect' then i wonder what kind of 'intellect' you claim to be.

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On Aug 07, 2010
harakiri:

. . .gender equality is not about women's rights. Its about women keeping their natural rights as women and still having rights as 'men'.

Spot on.

That is where I have a problem with the L'Oriel "Because I am worth it" generation.

They want a man that will share or usurp feminine responsibilities but yet want to still have advantages women have and be put on a pedestal.

Anuofia to them. They are lucky they have a bunch of "modern", "metrosexual" men that can go for that.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMO IBO:

You must be raving mad.
How many times have i given you the chance to conversate with me??
Bloody plonker.

Foool. You are pissed that you are intellectually inferior? grin

OMO IBO:

If you claim there is no difference between the above quotes by his all-knowing 'intellect' then i wonder what kind of 'intellect' you claim to be.

I asked you:

Sagamite:

If I say "Paris is a beautiful city", does that necessarily mean I mean ALL parts of Paris is beautiful?

To dumb to answer?

Too much for your intellect?
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by beebop(f): 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2010
@harakiri

your ignorance is beyond limits.

so because some level of gender equality has been achieved, women should go and sit down. In that vein, because Barack Obama is president of the US, blacks should not complain of racism anymore because racial equity has been achieved.

I have lots of friends that have peaceful marriages based on equity, mutual respect and love. I know lots of people that languish in unhappy marriages where the woman is subservient to the point of being glorified housemaids. I think I know what I'd prefer.

Respect goes  both ways. I respect my friends, my family and people around me. I would never treat anyone as I wouldn't want to be treated. and I have every right to expect that in a relationship

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by beebop(f): 4:08pm On Aug 07, 2010
again feminism isn't about hating men. I don't know why you all men feel emasculated by strong, independent women  grin

please educate yourself about the plights of women and the history of feminism before you start to make fatuous rants over imagined slights and pose conspiracy theories as facts. Many famous feminists (Ruth Ginsburg almost 60 years married,  amongst others) have had long and happy marriages, some have been divorced. Some feminists are lesbian, some feminists are homophobic. There is no one monolithic stereotype of a feminist. It's not a movement to render men irrelevant, just to assert that women have mental capabilities equaling or surpassing men and that should be recognized in the ever-changing cultural landscape

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 07, 2010
If a self proclaimed intellect like yourself fails to be objective without giving silly excuses to wriggle out of a clear blunder then I have no bsuiness engaging you. Myself and atleast 2 other people have pulled you up on your blooper.

Reality is that there are a lot of women obsessed with shoes and have multiple pairs, so that they have even never worn. Whilst majority of men are not like that. I rarely know guys that own more than 12 pairs of footware, whilst women on average have over 30, so it is fair to ask "What is with women and their shoes?"

In you do care, please reconcile the above comments.
There's absolutely no need to ramble on about nothing.
Simply, reconcile the above.

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 4:19pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMO IBO:

If a self proclaimed intellect like yourself fails to be objective without giving silly excuses to wriggle out of a clear blunder then I have no bsuiness engaging you. Myself and atleast 2 other people have pulled you up on your blooper.

In you do care, please reconcile the above comments.
There's absolutely no need to ramble on about nothing.
Simply, reconcile the above.

Are you daft?

Did you see ALL women in my statement?

If one says "Lagos is frenetic", does that mean all parts of Lagos is fast paced? There are no quiet parts?

Do you comprehend or do you want me to sing it in nursery school rhymes?
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by shewun001: 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2010
EQUALITY is very unGodly in a marriage. Any woman who always argues and fights with her husband will never be able to submit and it is in submission that lies a woman's powers. Any sane man would love his submitting wife to a fault most likely other men would call him a sissy or something.She really must stoop to conquer cos the option is to Jazz him for a while.
Men , Love your wife.
Women, Submit to your husband. I am only echoing the bible
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2010
Sagamite:

Are you daft?

Did you see ALL women in my statement?

If one says "Lagos is frenetic", does that mean all parts of Lagos is fast paced? There are no quiet parts?

Do you comprehend or do you want me to sing it in nursery school rhymes?
I repeat again, you are raving mad.
Stop being a prima donna.
Your gaffe is clear for everyone to see.
It appears you have no other arugement. As it appears you are just maundering.
Address the issue or keep it moving.

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 4:35pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMO IBO:

I repeat again, you are raving mad.
Stop being a prima donna.
Your gaffe is clear for everyone to see.
It appears, you have no other arugement. As it appears you are just maundering.
Address the issue or keep it moving.

You are a dunce.

You will never have the intellect to catch me out.

Answer my questions.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by harakiri(m): 4:42pm On Aug 07, 2010
@beebop. . . If you really believe the soft sell idea of feminism being for the good of women, then you are indeed dumber than a sack of hammers. Talking about Obama and black people, i have a belated news flash for you . . . VIRTUALLY EVERY RACE ON EARTH HAS BEEN DISCRIMINATED AGAINST! How many do we talk about? Is it the irish? The red indians that were slaughtered in millions by the invading nordics? Jews? Asians? How many? Obama being there changes nada. Only people can change themselves. Tell me,are women 'happier' now that fewer men are willing to commit themselves or get married? Are kids happier when they cant see dad as often they like due to mom's 'restraining' order in a bid to punish him 4 going against her feministic beliefs? Keep decieving yourself and you'll end up old,alone,living in a womens shelter.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 07, 2010
look at the Arrow.
You failed to address comments you made and you are still yarning dust.
i'llleave you to it.
Tosser!
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 4:50pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMO IBO:

look at the Arrow.
You failed to address comments you made and you are still yarning dust.
i'llleave you to it.
Tosser!

slowpoke, answer my questions. I am willing to then answer yours as it helps with clarification.

You REALLY are intellectually inferior.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 07, 2010
ROTLMAO

Reality is that[b] there are a lot of women obsessed with shoes and have multiple pairs[/b], so that they have even never worn. Whilst majority of men are not like that. I rarely know guys that own more than 12 pairs of footware, whilst women on average have over 30, so it is fair to ask "What is with women and their shoes?"

O boy, in your own time.

LOL
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by chinedumo(m): 4:57pm On Aug 07, 2010
this is what i will say
nobody has proved that marriage has become worse since the feminism movement
or that marriage before were better
until a concrete proof is produced feminism being a marital evil should be taken as a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by blank(f): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2010
Na wa o!

These are the future leaders of Nigeria trading insults as if it is Bodija market.

Take chill pills and just state ur own opinion and move on.

1 Like

Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Sagamite(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2010
OMO IBO:

ROTLMAO

O boy, in your own time.

LOL

I take it you are not smart enough to answer my questions because you know it will make you look like what you are: . . . . .Stewpid? grin grin grin grin

Not in this lifetime do you have the intellect to catch me out. You intelligence is below my feet.

Since you are scared shyt to answer the questions that will make me address your "reconciliation", you are wasting my time.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by blank(f): 4:59pm On Aug 07, 2010
chinedumo:

this is what i will say
nobody has proved that marriage has become worse since the feminism movement
or that marriage before were better
until a concrete proof is produced feminism being a marital evil should be taken as a pinch of salt.

The only proof is that there are now more divorces than ever before.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by chinedumo(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2010
blank:

The only proof is that there are now more divorces than ever before.
if u ask me record keeping is better than ever
so records today cannot be compared with past records i.e is if there are accurate/reliable records at all
divorce is all about not dying in silence
I know that the bible discourages remarriages while your Christian spouse is alive in a christian union
but certainly does not discourage separation if it is inevitable.
Re: Is The Fight For Equality Ruining Marriages by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 07, 2010
ROTFLMAO
O boy, all that one no necessary.

Reality is that there are a lot of women obsessed with shoes and have multiple pairs, so that they have even never worn. Whilst majority of men are not like that. I rarely know guys that own more than 12 pairs of footware, whilst women on average have over 30, so it is fair to ask "What is with women and their shoes?"

In your own time bruh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's / He Is Been Accused Wrongly For Stealing / Sad Marital Tales From My Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.