Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) (43741 Views)

Obasanjo Visits Emeka Anyaoku At His Residence In Anambra (Photos) / Obasanjo Visits Gov. Amosun At His Oke-mosan,abeokuta Office(photos) / Olujuwon Obasanjo Visits Buhari Campaign Headquarters (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by SoftP(m): 9:05am On Dec 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

Even if it's Trump that visited him, his reward will still be in heaven. From my teenage days, I've made up my mind not to pay any courtesy visit to any poor teacher. If you can't be successful as a teacher then why teaching me in the first place? If I'm in Obasanjo's shoe, I'll rather lock him up in a police custody.

Imagine, 91 years without any achievement and reward. A clever teacher will by now be in a hurry to leave earth alone.

Let him try heaven too because it is not how far we live in this world that matters but how well. Poverty is not longevity (says King Solomon in the Bible). God is not even proud of him (unlike me).
who bought u mb today?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by zoedew: 9:07am On Dec 27, 2018
sirlekzy:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, on Monday evening, paid a visit to his 91-year-old former teacher and mentor, Mr James Popoola, who taught him English language.

A statement by Obasanjo’s media aide, Kehinde Akinyemi, made available to journalists in Abeokuta on Wednesday, said the former President was accompanied on the visit by his classmate and close friend, who is the traditional ruler of Ibara, Oba Jacob Omolade.

It was gathered that Pa Popoola taught both Obasanjo and Oba Omolade at the Baptist Boys High School, Abeokuta, in the 1950s.

The statement said Obasanjo engaged the former tutor in banters while recalling some old memories.

The statement read in part

“The Trip, Which Was Led By One Of The Teacher’s Children, Akin, From His Abeokuta Residence, Saw Obasanjo Arriving Into The Waiting Arms Of Mr And Mrs Popoola At The Family House In Ilaro, Yewa South Local Government Area Of Ogun State, At Around 5pm.

“It Was An Elated Pa Popoola Who Said. ‘I Can’t Believe It. You Mean I Will Host You In My House Today Before My Death? It Was 35 Years Ago I Met You. Oh! I Am Delighted, Very Delighted’.

“Obasanjo Made A Move To Take Over His (Popoola’s) Wheelchair To Drive Him Back Into The Large Sitting Room, Saying, ‘We Are Delighted Too Sir. Let Us Come Inside. I Am Here With Kabiyesi Too. You Remember Him? Jacob Omolade, That Boy That’….”

“Ahhh! Kabiyesi O! Yes, I Remember Him. The Olubara,” Popoola Interjected, As The Traditional Ruler Stretched Out A Hand To Shake Him.

Obasanjo said it had always been his desire to visit the ex-teacher but for his tight schedule.

At that point, the former teacher’s aged wife, Mojisola, joined in the exchange of banters.

“Daddy Often Remembers All Your Pranks. He Must Be Very Happy Receiving You Today,” She Told Obasanjo And The Monarch.

Pa Popoola thanked the visitors and prayed for their continuous success in life.

When the age difference between the ex-teacher and Obasanjo, who will be 82 next year was pointed out, Akinyemi said,

“Anyone That Attended The Standard Class In Those Days Could Teach. With A Three-Month Course Then, You Could Be A Teacher. He (Popoola) Could Have Been A Grade II Teacher Then With Eight Or Nine Years’ Difference Between The Ages Of The Teacher And His Pupils.”

Source: https://www.gistkit.com/naija-news/obasanjo-pays-a-suprise-visits-to-his-91-year-old-former-teacher/

Yewa votes tins! #hedonist
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by xpool(m): 9:07am On Dec 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

Even if it's Trump that visited him, his reward will still be in heaven. From my teenage days, I've made up my mind not to pay any courtesy visit to any poor teacher. If you can't be successful as a teacher then why teaching me in the first place? If I'm in Obasanjo's shoe, I'll rather lock him up in a police custody.

Imagine, 91 years without any achievement and reward. A clever teacher will by now be in a hurry to leave earth alone.

Let him try heaven too because it is not how far we live in this world that matters but how well. Poverty is not longevity (says King Solomon in the Bible). God is not even proud of him (unlike me).
Why are psychiatric patients everywhere in this country.
Mad people like you outnumber normal people in nairaland.
And you just don't take your medication anymore.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by able1993(m): 9:20am On Dec 27, 2018
This is a nice gesture, the teacher would be happy to see one of his students successful, the wish of every teacher....

Are you indecisive about situations and decisions, do you need encouragement, advice or guidance on important decisions or you want to learn about success strategies in business and academics, then visit www.motivate.com.ng
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by dingbang(m): 9:21am On Dec 27, 2018
At least obj has a teacher, buhari show us your teacher! grin
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Adegokenath(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2018
So his teacher was 10years old when he was a teacher ok continue
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Atom007(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

Keep quite there, u r a big fool for saying that, peace of mind is what matters in life not like u young ones of nowadays with yahoo plus mentality. Who knows where his children are by now. Some of them may even be doctors, the Bible said train ur child d way he should go. Pls change ur mentality and receive sense in Jesus name

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Baawaa(m): 9:52am On Dec 27, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Great.

But when will Buhari visit his Mathematics Teacher sef grin

when will your father get sense so you too can get sense
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 27, 2018
Can't understand the Mathematics/Arithmetics ,teacher is 91yrs,student is 86ys.How old was the teacher when teaching Pupil?.Obasanjo should tell us his real age.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Brightology2(m): 9:55am On Dec 27, 2018
Kharol1234:
mathematics wer e no pass?
hahahahahahahahe he nor even write the exam self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by haryorbarmie83(m): 9:59am On Dec 27, 2018
Good gesture, when will Atiku visit America?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by teflondoncuzo(m): 10:16am On Dec 27, 2018
How can obasanjo teacher be 91 when baba him self is over 90(real age)
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by ylaa(f): 10:36am On Dec 27, 2018
so nice of baba to remember his teacher
may the good Lord remember baba too.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by buchilino(m): 10:41am On Dec 27, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Great.

MATHS TEACHER?, WEN IM NO EVEN GET ISLAMIC TEACHER. INFACT D MAN NO GET ANY TEACHER
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by buchilino(m): 10:42am On Dec 27, 2018
Baawaa:
when will your father get sense so you too can get sense
TYPICAL SW, ALWAYS ALWAYS HAPPY TO ABUSE
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by andyanders: 10:48am On Dec 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

Wasted sperm. I pity who brought you to this world. You will even go before these aged great men.You will go and meet your creator before them and show God what you have achieved at your age.You will never see that old age since you want these old men to die. Old age will be a curse to you and you can NEVER get there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by olahajayi(m): 10:49am On Dec 27, 2018
superior1:
BBHS Nulli Secundus
Second to none

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Impexp(m): 10:58am On Dec 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

You have a mental illness for you to be reasoning like a fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Dedetwo(m): 11:06am On Dec 27, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

I guess you are a typical young Nigerian who has become too materialistic to reason deductively.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Issy2000: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2018
i hope you also paid him a visit while you were president?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Hardamz(m): 11:32am On Dec 27, 2018
Pigsandidiots:
Says by someone whose parents are wretched. Sense is far from ur family
Submission Mode.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by dalass(f): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2018
Better late than never...secret wish of any teacher... That former students would remember them wink
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by notoriousbabe: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2018
Why the man eyes come look like pussycat

You see these guys from abroad, the way I'm looking at them with my left breast..hmmmmm
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Lustre6740(m): 11:53am On Dec 27, 2018
superior1:
BBHS Nulli Secundus

Second to none.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Egbetayo(m): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2018
This can’t be true. Olu Ibara, Oba Omolade is late. Pa Popoola taught me at Baptist High School, Ilaro. Obasanjo was in Ibogun day yesterday. Please who is mischievous here��. Bloggers!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Great.

When goes back to daura....... God's willing next year

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hope the serial letter writer is not planning on yet another one after this escapade.

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by skukimania(f): 1:57pm On Dec 27, 2018
Pusyiter:
When you dey power, you no remember the old man,
Now wey you don leave power, you want to use him for cheap popularity abi cool
j

U be mind reader? Na my mind u just speak.

1 Like

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Visits James Popoola, His English Teacher (Photo) by Emepresh(f): 2:12pm On Dec 27, 2018
Shut up! Will you close that gutter you call a mouth? Bunch of negativity!! Iranu!!!
SolutionMee:
cheesy

That changes nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Approves Buhari’s 15 Advisers / Funeral Service Of Rotimi Akeredolu In Pictures / Buhari: Looters Recruited Niger-Delta Militants Against Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.