Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter (31590 Views)

British Army Lifts Ban On Soldiers Growing Beards / Niger’s Armed Forces Bring In Hundreds Of Troops To Protect Capital / Meet Indian Woman Who Faked Being A Man For 36 Years To Protect Her Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by EmagNig(m): 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2018
Ghanaian soldier sues British Army for £150,000 after accusing them of failing to protect him from the British winter.

Michael Asiamah says he suffered from a 'cold-related' condition after officers neglected to supply him with warm clothing during an 18-hour exercise in the freezing wind.

The 36-year-old, who served with the Adjutant General's Corps, said the army exposed him to the cold despite knowing that people of black Caribbean and African origin are more susceptible to cold injuries.

Mr Asiamah, who was born in Ghana, told the High Court the exercises on Salisbury Plain and Naseby Battlefield in Leicestershire left him with numbness and pain.

He claims that superiors failed to warn him to bring kit such as gloves, winter socks and boots for the exercise in March 2016, and when he told them about his susceptibility to the cold he was told to carry on.

The ex-trooper, who now heads an evangelical church near his home in Tidworth, Wiltshire, had served in the army until October 2016.

He was part of the Adjutant General's Corps, which is responsible for the British Army's many general administrative services such as HR, finance, accounting and IT.

In court papers, Mr Asiamah claims he is at risk of aggravating his symptoms if he leaves his home in temperatures under 15C (59F), reports the Daily Express.

He says he was first made to attend five hours of lectures in the cold while dressed in civilian clothing at Naseby.

That was followed a week later by manoeuvres on Salisbury Plain, which took place from the early morning until midnight.

His court writ quotes a study carried out in 2009 that claims back British Army soldiers were 30 times as likely as their white colleagues to get a cold weather injury.

The ministry's own protocol for non-freezing cold injury states that those suffering from the condition should be evacuated immediately.

Army officials maintain that Mr Asiamah was given the appropriate clothing for the exercises and are expected to contest the ex-soldier's claim.

https://lailasnews.com/ghanaian-soldier-sues-british-army-for-failing-to-protect-him-from-winter

lalasticlala

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Buharisef(m): 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2018
Even Hin Lawer Go Dey Laugh Am Sef grin

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by baliyubla: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lol
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Paulfroshman: 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
[b][/b] smiley
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by oluwasegun007(m): 8:25pm On Dec 27, 2018
They might be thinking his skin has multimillion layers...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
Get your coins my African brother grin

Yeye white people

they don't know that melanin is not well suited for winter

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by martineverest(m): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
watch how how idiootss will start throwing insults to this man without reading the content

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Modupex(f): 8:26pm On Dec 27, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by gurunlocker: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Baba needs money... grin

4 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by joelenesleek(f): 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Is he single?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Nigerians are illiterates by nature and can barely read so no surprises
martineverest:
watch how how idiootss will start throwing insults in the man without reading the content

22 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by deedy111: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Army isn't fun
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:27pm On Dec 27, 2018
Odiegwu!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
I am cool
joelenesleek:
Is he single?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
send the monkey boy back to his shlthole Ghana idiot.

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Albert0011(m): 8:28pm On Dec 27, 2018
So who will i blame now when both parties are claiming right..but the black dude suppose use him common sense know say nah europe him dey nah,Europe and cold weather be like bread and butter.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
Lols. luck bro
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by martineverest(m): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2018
joelenesleek:
Is he single?
gold digger
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Larryfest(m): 8:30pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guy man wan obtain UK army...

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Princedapace(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Wish u the best and I hope u win..

Any ways, if u are interested in learning how to earn money online, kindly check out my profile and read my thread on how I make money online.

Freelancing is growing all over the world. It remains one of the best ways to earn side or full time income. To do well as a freelancer, u must learn competitive skill, learn to brand your self, package your brand and send out compelling proposals..
Well, I can teach u all these if u are interested.. Check my profile and read my thread on freelancing
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
LordSaints:

You are stupid bro.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by abbey621(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
Guy man just needs some cash for the holidays. As a member of the military or the reserve you are given your supplies and if you need a replacement there are official protocols. Trainings/drills require advance notice and you knew well ahead of time the location of the training. Common sense dictates you pack gloves and boots but it's okay tho, I can't fault your hustling grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by harley88(m): 8:31pm On Dec 27, 2018
LordSaints:

obviously your father was a monkey that's why you turned out like this....... obo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Yakade(m): 8:33pm On Dec 27, 2018
Hehehe shocked
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Princesschi(f): 8:35pm On Dec 27, 2018
This is a joke
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by AngelicBeing: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
abbey621:
Guy man just needs some cash for the holidays. As a member of the military or the reserve you are given your supplies and if you need a replacement there are official protocols. Trainings/drills require advance notice and you knew well ahead of time the location of the training. Common sense dictates you pack gloves and boots but it's okay tho, I can't fault your hustling grin grin grin grin
Lol, allow the guy to collect small change from the UK government tongue
Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by GoodFaith: 8:37pm On Dec 27, 2018
OdikwaRisky:
Get your coins my African brother grin

Yeye white people

they don't know that melanin is not well suited for winter

Sorry, Dude is not getting any coin
He can try getting it from the government of Ghana
His is is too weak

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by abbey621(m): 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2018
AngelicBeing:
Lol, allow the guy to collect small change from the UK government tongue

Abi o....God bless his hustle grin

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Soldier Sues British Army For Failing To Protect Him From Winter by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 27, 2018
Na wah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anton Siluanov: Russia Made Bond Payment, Now Up To US To Pay Bondholders / Shinzo Abe: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To Slain Japan ex-PM / Relentless Storm Drowns California, USA ( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.