Stats: 3,194,046 members, 7,953,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:31 AM

How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? (5608 Views)

Help!! Steps To Make Good Home Made Ice Cream. / Good Home Made Cakes At Your Door Step / Good Home For Good Food (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by vivann(f): 7:46pm On Jul 22, 2007
Hi,Moreover it is not all about the ladies and their culinary abilities. I jus LOVE those guys who can eat anything (tasty or not ) and still appreciate it and you, for taking the time out to do it.U know it is also a labour of love, no matter the results.(I'm not the best of cooks but I have my days.)
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Godsgirl(f): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2007
It is sad. I happen to be a good looking girl. However, this has instantly disqualified my ability to cook in the eyes of many nigerian men (and women). They are surprised that not only can I cook, but I do it very very well (native as well as other dishes)

For me, I would say it is a gift because some women I speak to, look at me as if I am crazy when I say "every woman should know how to cook" or when I tell my American friends "cooking is easy", They think I have 2 heads.

I happen to be one of those kids (mommy and daddy's girl) who was kept out of the kitchen. I would actually be punished if I was found there. Therefore, whenever the househelp or a big sister allowed me, I would sneak in to watch. In my spare time, when other girls played with dolls or sand castles, or the game- "oga" I practiced cooking with tiny sticks and tin tomato cans, left over foods, etc in the backyard. I must say, at the age of nine, My food was Banging!!

Here I am--Still cooking my life away (because i hate junk food.) And my co workers cannot believe it.

Guys you know the sad part? Some girls come to me to get the food (i cooked) and present it to their male friends (shhh-a secret)-They get the praise for great cooking. Meanwhile the same male friends can never believe I can cook when I am introduced to them.

What do you think about that? Crazy huh?- I stopped caring though. God knows I can do all things and He is keeping that special man for me. wink
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by soulpatrol(f): 4:00am On Jul 23, 2007
guys, y'all best get off ur cool behinds and start learning. women don't feel its by force to know how to cook anymore o. my brother can cook better than me, so no woman fit shakara am. him fit enter kitchen anytime to cook. simple. tongue
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 4:02am On Jul 23, 2007
soulpatrol:

guys, y'all best get off your cool behinds and start learning. women don't feel its by force to know how to cook anymore o. my brother can cook better than me, so no woman fit shakara am. him fit enter kitchen anytime to cook. simple. tongue

you wait until he gets married and see whether he will continue cooking while his wife sleeps.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by WesleyanA(f): 5:50am On Jul 23, 2007
davidylan:

you wait until he gets married and see whether he will continue cooking while his wife sleeps.

why do you always assume that you represent every guy out there.
my bro loves to cook too and i won't be surprised if he turns out to be the one who cooks in his family.

let's take it for a fact that you want a wife who will cook while you sleep. but truth is, you don't represent every guy out there. speak for yourself.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 23, 2007
WesleyanA:

why do you always assume that you represent every guy out there.
my bro loves to cook too and i won't be surprised if he turns out to be the one who cooks in his family.

let's take it for a fact that you want a wife who will cook while you sleep. but truth is, you don't represent every guy out there. speak for yourself.

1. maybe you shld take ur own advice and realise that YOU dont speak for every woman.

2. maybe you should also realise that others have oppinions that differ from yours.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by fredrostar(m): 2:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
"the way to a mans heart is through his bloody stomach"
@ikemefa sista easy now
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by omoge(f): 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2007
ummmmmmm thank goodness at least not thru his pant wink
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
omoge:

ummmmmmm thank goodness at least not through his pant wink

What's the difference.
Both ways are stressful.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by WesleyanA(f): 3:26am On Jul 24, 2007
davidylan:

1. maybe you shld take your own advice and realise that YOU don't speak for every woman.

2. maybe you should also realise that others have oppinions that differ from yours.

i definitely know that. there's babyosisi you know. i don't speak for anybody except me.
so, case closed.

it'll help for you to take my advice though.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 24, 2007
WesleyanA:

i definitely know that. there's babyosisi you know. i don't speak for anybody except me.
so, case closed.

it'll help for you to take my advice though.

nah, hell will freeze over before you give an advice that i can take with more than a pinch of salt.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by WesleyanA(f): 3:29am On Jul 24, 2007
ok case closed.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 3:39am On Jul 24, 2007
:p
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2007
i can , pls come to my place and eat igbo foods ,ofe owerre , ofe ogiri,egusi ' ofe oha , okora food . etc. in paris france .
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Veracious(f): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
I really pity such women who does'nt know how to cook.

I see cooking as one of my favourite hobby as i can experiment and try out new type of cuisine. at time i even get my own recipe and cook some thing i've imagined and it comes out wonderful. its all creativity on my part since i don't want my hubby and children to be disappointed. even friends and family member respect me when it comes to cooking.

I don't have to be a calabar girl to do good and mind blowing cooking, do i?

AM PROUD TO BE CREATIVE.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Veracious(f): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Godsgirl

i feel you girl. some of my friends don't know how to cook either and do you what? they are not shy to say it out to whoever wants to know.

Hey girl don't get discuraged, sooner or later you will get married and the truth would come out into the open for every of those male to see that you've being behind the fabulouse dishes their girl served them.

because they can't come to you then and ask for your cooking, i mean those girls.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by soulpatrol(f): 1:57pm On Jul 24, 2007
yada yada yada. to each his own. whatever works for u. tongue
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Macgreat(m): 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2007
If ur girl cant cook teach her dump her if she dont want to learn.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Veracious(f): 4:25pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ Macgreat

LOL HUHAHAHAHA grin
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
You guys are boring. This is non issue.
If you want your lady to cook, don't marry one that can't cook!
Why una go come dey disturb our peace because some nor sabi?
Una wan marry all of them?
Abeg make una carry una wahala go that side jo.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by soulpatrol(f): 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2007
i wonder o. unneccessary stress. like they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself. simple as a pimple!
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by WesleyanA(f): 1:15am On Jul 25, 2007
soulpatrol:

i wonder o. unneccessary stress. like they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself. simple as a pimple!

haha. word grin
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by ToyinOj(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2007
i realise from all that i've read that no girl grow up seeing him papa for kitchen dey prepare im food while im mama dey watch tv. grin

cooking for woman no be talent or skill. U just do it like nike wink

i dey imagine make i dey return from work to be met by my pikins dem say dem dey wait make i return make dem come begin chop.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by wrightB(f): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2007
you are absolutely right, the truth is cooking involves proportion, timing and good instincts. All the same, alot of practice can do the trick. Beware of people who blow the trumpet on their culinery skills, They almost never deliver.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by totalfact(m): 8:21pm On Jul 26, 2007
Bros,on a light note,can you also cook good food!
Take time to go thru MDG-3.
Endeavour to feed me back!
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by PTBNaija(f): 4:31am On Jul 27, 2007
wrightB:

you are absolutely right, the truth is cooking involves proportion, timing and good instincts. All the same, alot of practice can do the trick. Beware of people who blow the trumpet on their culinery skills, They almost never deliver.

I blow my trumpet. . .I can cook lots of things, but then again I know there are lots of other things that I can't, lack of ingredients undecided
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by blkfem(f): 6:52am On Jul 27, 2007
I'm one of them. I love to cook and I can cook good home cooked meals. Soul food, Spanish food, Mid-eastern, Jamican, Creole, Cajun, you name it I will cook it. If I have never cooked it before, I may have to try it a couple of time to master it.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by PTBNaija(f): 7:15am On Jul 27, 2007
blkfem:

I'm one of them. I love to cook and I can cook good home cooked meals. Soul food, Spanish food, Mid-eastern, Jamican, Creole, Cajun, you name it I will cook it. If I have never cooked it before, I may have to try it a couple of time to master it.

Random question. . .what's the difference between soul food and southern food? Aren't they the same
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by blkfem(f): 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2007
I live in the South now, but I'm from the Midwest. Asking what the differene is, I can't tell you. I'm sure that Southern people will say things different from what Northerns would. But all the same, what's the point in your question?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by luisita: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2007
I am a very good cook. My father is a chef at a restaurant here is Mexico and I love hanging around there. Also learned many recipes and do prepare.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by spoilt(f): 4:50am On Nov 04, 2009
I get annoyed when men hinge on cooking. Why dont you just marry a mama put's daughter and call it a night?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Fhemmmy: 4:57am On Nov 04, 2009
spoilt:

I get annoyed when men hinge on cooking. Why dont you just marry a mama put's daughter and call it a night?

now i kow the meaning of mama put and what gives u the impression that mama put's daughter will be able to cook.

How To Make A Bible Cake From Scratch / Are Ladies Scared To Cook For Guys Who Cook Very Well? / Interview With Pocohantas About Her Food Blog, And Herself