Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,290 members, 7,860,695 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:28 PM

Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death (29075 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode: Murder Of Alex Badeh – What An Insider Told Me / See The Corpses Of Alex Badeh And His Driver (graphic Photos) / Nigerians React To The Assassination Of Alex Badeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by WaffenSS(m): 4:37pm On Dec 28, 2018
If only the family had just kept quiet, the conspiracy theorists would've been gaining more zombified followers.

But this stupid statement has blown their insinuations to hell and back.

If they'd simply constested that he went to buy a few acres, it'd have been enough to feed the frenzied conspiracy nutjobs. But the bit about him being so broke he couldn't buy Panadol for another man's headache tears their story to shreds. At least to non-zom bies.

How did he fuel his car? How was he affording call and data credits? What about his family in the US? Is he so destitute he has no friends and family to help him out? Where's the billions in cash he diverted? How was he feeding if he had not even N100 to his name?

This reinforces one of those adages about fools keeping quiet.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by ceejay80s(m): 4:39pm On Dec 28, 2018
all na story, him dey carry money go farm abi farm na bank, nothing was stolen, the other two people in the car wasn't killed, na dem dem kill am
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by franchasng: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
Going by Badeh's family account of events on the day of Badeh's death, and based on other private findings on this, I am forced to suggest that Badeh's assassination may have come from any of these scenario:

- 1.) One of his local farm employees on hearing from their boss, late Badeh that he will be sacking them due to lack of money, felt aggrieved and also felt he had money in his car and probably alerted some bad gangs to rob his boss, which probably led to his death cry

- 2.) Presidency tried to get rid of him, to avoid him aligning with Atiku or revealing some top security secret that could implicate incumbent govt

- 3.) Some top military officers or politicians linked to his accused money laundering decided to get rid of him to avoid being implicated in his case

2 Likes

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
tsephanyah:
People constantly ask why I'm anti-Igbo. I'm not anti-Ndigbo, any more than I'm anti-cutoffyourbigtoewithapairofrustygardenshears. It's a personal choice that I respect. They will twist anything for their ego, self-centered behavior including this post
But you want Igbo wife as usual grin

Cc lzaa velocity25 sarrki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Niorte: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
BLS1:
Behold the stomach filled with garri and unable to buy panadol.

You are mannerless and inhumane.

Can't you just respect the fact that the man his dead?
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by lettalktrue(m): 4:44pm On Dec 28, 2018
this is nothing but cook and bull story, how did the family aware that one villager went to him when he was in the farm for help to treat himself from certain illness, but was offer some cups of maize instead to sell in the market to raise for the money because their son is not with any cash? a person of his calibre?.were they in the farm with him? untill these have been disputed,the whole story remain baseless.

1 Like

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by foreshore(m): 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2018
PizzleGold:
Family of the slain former chief of defence staff, Air Vice Marshal, Alex Badeh, has denied report on the cause of the death of their son - Badeh was killed on his farm in Nassarawa on December 18. One of the suspected killers of Badeh had on Thursday, December 27, confessed that the former chief of defence staff was killed to rob him of huge sums of money The family of late former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Vice Marshal, Alex Badeh, has refuted claims by the suspects linked to their son's death that they killed him to seize alleged huge sums of money he had on him to buy farmland.

Vanguard reports that the family on Thursday, December 27, insisted that contrary to the claim, Badeh did not discuss any issue about the acquisition of land neither was he with up to N500 on the day he was killed.

A source gathered that this came as police authorities failed on Thursday, December 27, to parade five suspects, including two masterminds of the December 18 killing of Badeh.

The five suspects who the media expected would be paraded at Force Headquarters, Abuja, were not paraded as the police said doing so would jeopardize ongoing investigation and efforts to arrest other members of the gang still at large. The newspaper reports that the family said the claim was a “cook-up story to deceive the public and hide the killers and their intentions.” It was gathered that the family called the newspaper to the late Chief of Air Staff’s Abuja residence, to react to the claim by the suspected killers that he was killed because of the huge amount of money he had carried to his farm in Panda Development Area of Nasarawa state to buy additional land. But while delegating only one member to speak, the family was said to have insisted that the name of the representative be kept in secrecy. Speaking, the family member said:

''We called you here because we have been following your report in Vanguard since our son and brother, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, was killed by yet-to-be identified people.

“We are not happy with the report being put out to the public there on the circumstances that led to his death. We as a family, believe that some people responsible for his death want to deceive the public by hiding the facts of what happened, how it happened and those responsible.

“I want to emphatically tell you here that contrary to the claim that he went to his farm on the fateful day with huge amount of money to buy additional farmland, there was nothing like that. In fact, he had no money on him that day, not even N500 in the vehicle.

“As I told you, no money, I repeat, no money was in that vehicle. Not even N500 was in that vehicle on that day he was killed. I repeat that no N500 not even N1000 was in that motor he drove that he was killed that day. “Before his death, a villager who knew he was on the farm that day went to meet him to get money to buy paracetamol tablet for his headache but my brother could not afford the money for him. ''Instead, he asked the person if he could go to Panda Market. When the man said he could, our brother told him to pick 10 mudus (measured quantity) of maize to sell in the market and buy drug for himself, saying that was the only help he could render to him since he had no cash to give out.

“He took time to narrate to the person that as he was talking to him, there was a huge refuse dump at his house in Abuja and the people responsible for packing it, that is the Abuja Environmental Protection Board, had refused to do so because he had no money to pay for the packing.

“He added that his cook and the cleaner in his house had not been paid, explaining further that those were the reasons he went to farm on that day to pick some bags of harvested maize, like 100 bags, to sell so as to raise money to settle those issues.

“Again, he told his workers on the farm that since they have blocked his pension, his only source of getting money, only three out of the eight working for him can remain as he wouldn’t have money to pay all the eight anymore.''

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/family-disagrees-over-report-on-cause-of-alex-badehs-death/

Police deceiving us, Baden family deceiving us. Na wa o!!!
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2018
BLS1:
[s]Behold the stomach filled with garri and unable to buy panadol.[/s]

Afonja, naturally wicked!
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Vcent50: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2018
I knew that badeh death have a link with some oga at the top,if you know, you know
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Morbeta11(m): 5:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
tsephanyah:
People constantly ask why I'm anti-Igbo. I'm not anti-Ndigbo, any more than I'm anti-cutoffyourbigtoewithapairofrustygardenshears. It's a personal choice that I respect. They will twist anything for their ego, self-centered behavior including this post

Thunder fire you and your generation unborn any day you eat out of any Igbo person's sweat..curse be upon you and anything you touch... You toto will harvest maggot any day you drink out of any Igbo person's sweat.. Amadioha strangle you any day you receive help from any Igbo person. So shall it be. Meanwhile one Nigeria for those that believe.

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by googi: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2018
The way this man died is a shame. If someone like him can be easily hacked to death, what about people like us?

Unfortunately, manipulators have seized upon it to turn his death into politics.

The family explanation has not helped either. Since when has a man in his position depended on salary or pension to live?

That he could not afford panandol or whatever is a bull story. Even people less privileged than him never leave home without money.

1 Like

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by benjamin007: 5:25pm On Dec 28, 2018
Infact the police story and the family story seems fabricated and nonsense
BLS1:
Later they will be competing for the most educated ethnic group in the country award.

A four star General did no have N500 or money to clear his dustbin but rides in the latest Toyota Tundara filled with fuel, hires the best SANs to fight his case and all his family members remain comfortable in the USA.

I'm sure the harrowing pictures we saw of his bullet ridden gigantic belly was because of all the garri he has been forced to drink because of the EFCC.

Even if you believe it was an assassination ( which i kind of do for other reasons anyway), this silly story that a General drove to a remote farm without N500 being peddled by his extended family makes me wonder if Nigerians are among one of the most stupid sentimental people in the world.

I'll leave you with Mohammed Abacha's legendary words " No matter how much money the FG seizes from us, we can never be as poor as Dangote".

Nigerians should keep feeling pity for thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by ahiboilandgas: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2018
PizzleGold:
Family of the slain former chief of defence staff, Air Vice Marshal, Alex Badeh, has denied report on the cause of the death of their son - Badeh was killed on his farm in Nassarawa on December 18. One of the suspected killers of Badeh had on Thursday, December 27, confessed that the former chief of defence staff was killed to rob him of huge sums of money The family of late former Chief of Defence Staff, Air Vice Marshal, Alex Badeh, has refuted claims by the suspects linked to their son's death that they killed him to seize alleged huge sums of money he had on him to buy farmland.

Vanguard reports that the family on Thursday, December 27, insisted that contrary to the claim, Badeh did not discuss any issue about the acquisition of land neither was he with up to N500 on the day he was killed.

A source gathered that this came as police authorities failed on Thursday, December 27, to parade five suspects, including two masterminds of the December 18 killing of Badeh.

The five suspects who the media expected would be paraded at Force Headquarters, Abuja, were not paraded as the police said doing so would jeopardize ongoing investigation and efforts to arrest other members of the gang still at large. The newspaper reports that the family said the claim was a “cook-up story to deceive the public and hide the killers and their intentions.” It was gathered that the family called the newspaper to the late Chief of Air Staff’s Abuja residence, to react to the claim by the suspected killers that he was killed because of the huge amount of money he had carried to his farm in Panda Development Area of Nasarawa state to buy additional land. But while delegating only one member to speak, the family was said to have insisted that the name of the representative be kept in secrecy. Speaking, the family member said:

''We called you here because we have been following your report in Vanguard since our son and brother, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, was killed by yet-to-be identified people.

“We are not happy with the report being put out to the public there on the circumstances that led to his death. We as a family, believe that some people responsible for his death want to deceive the public by hiding the facts of what happened, how it happened and those responsible.

“I want to emphatically tell you here that contrary to the claim that he went to his farm on the fateful day with huge amount of money to buy additional farmland, there was nothing like that. In fact, he had no money on him that day, not even N500 in the vehicle.

“As I told you, no money, I repeat, no money was in that vehicle. Not even N500 was in that vehicle on that day he was killed. I repeat that no N500 not even N1000 was in that motor he drove that he was killed that day. “Before his death, a villager who knew he was on the farm that day went to meet him to get money to buy paracetamol tablet for his headache but my brother could not afford the money for him. ''Instead, he asked the person if he could go to Panda Market. When the man said he could, our brother told him to pick 10 mudus (measured quantity) of maize to sell in the market and buy drug for himself, saying that was the only help he could render to him since he had no cash to give out.

“He took time to narrate to the person that as he was talking to him, there was a huge refuse dump at his house in Abuja and the people responsible for packing it, that is the Abuja Environmental Protection Board, had refused to do so because he had no money to pay for the packing.

“He added that his cook and the cleaner in his house had not been paid, explaining further that those were the reasons he went to farm on that day to pick some bags of harvested maize, like 100 bags, to sell so as to raise money to settle those issues.

“Again, he told his workers on the farm that since they have blocked his pension, his only source of getting money, only three out of the eight working for him can remain as he wouldn’t have money to pay all the eight anymore.''

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/family-disagrees-over-report-on-cause-of-alex-badehs-death/
how is he fuelling the tundra jeep since he has zero money
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by LZAA: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
immhotep:

But you want Igbo wife as usual grin

Cc lzaa velocity25 sarrki
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by oyoikire: 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
Sorry to say! This family are confused. He doesn't have 500 naira with him and you want a sensible person to believe this analogue lie. A former chief of air force. You dey craze! Efcc and all anti graft agencies can't collect all money he make when he was in government. So stop this stupid lie.

1 Like

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by hardey123(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2018
notoriousbabe:
I suspect fowl play

Who Noticed that Nigerian Banks didn’t send Christmas messages this Year?

you're right, I just realized that now.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by jamace(m): 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2018
GoldHorse:

I wonder how many are crying on their own heads especially Badeh.
Badeh was on trial before the surreptitious assassination. Now we can not say that Badeh was guilty before the law. We only have personal opinions that he was guilty, which lacks legal backing.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Daboomb: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2018
JasonScoolari:

The presidency and it's hypocrisy, lies and falsehood. SMH, Immediately the lifeless one gave orders to his boys to fish out the killers of Alex Badeh, it didn't take them 2 seconds to roll out some group of non entities who accepted that they killed Badeh just because they were promised to be rewarded by some miserable cows and 2 young northern sluts each.

The presidency tried to make us believe by paying some print media corrupt editorial team to publish that Badeh was killed because he was having enough cash on him. Thank heavens the family are refuting such claims with enough fact.

You can fool the people sometimes, but you can't fool them all the time.

Breeze go soon blow, and native fowl yansh go open.

What l dont agree to, with you guys is just heaping all the blames on the President..even if Policeman Roger you at a check point, the only thing and person you can think of, is the President!
These sort of mentality has made your aguements wash-wash and just meotional rants.
Try to be analytical and objective in your discussions.

From the look of things, it is the Police I.G. that is trying to decieve Nigerians and impress the President.
As we all know, the Police are liars and cannot be trusted with any form of truth, especially the current, incompetent clown Buhari has put in place in the last three and half years.

I hope you all remember how this same Police paraded one "Fryo" as the killer of Bola ige, the Attorney General of Nigeria, under OBJ's Govt that was murdered in hsi bedroom? Where is the Fryo today? Was he convicted in court and jailed? No.
It was just a ruse to deflect attention. That is the only thing that the IGP of Police, over time, know how to do: DECIEVE THE CITIZENS

The Police hierachy is made up of evil, unpricipled and unintelligent criminals. that is the bottom line.

But also agree that the President, by not appointing competent people to head the police, by not removing this non-performing IGP clown, is also complicit.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Daboomb: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2018
Morbeta11:

Thunder fire you and your generation unborn any day you eat out of any Igbo person's sweat..curse be upon you and anything you touch... You toto will harvest maggot any day you drink out of any Igbo person's sweat.. Amadioha strangle you any day you receive help from any Igbo person. So shall it be. Meanwhile one Nigeria for those that believe.

Guy calm down, see a Psychiatrist as quickly as possible.
Why all the swearing?
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by zelexotunla(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2018
This family too they don't know what they are saying, how could a former chief of air force wouldn't have a penny?? And served under Jonathan regime for that matter didn't have anything?? I see why the man was assassinated sha, there are so many cover up. The police too came up with foolish conspiracy, Seeing some of comments here too weak me. I weak for the way these people play with our intelligence.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Morbeta11(m): 6:43pm On Dec 28, 2018
Daboomb:

Guy calm down, see a Psychiatrist as quickly as possible.
Why all the swearing?

Make I no join your akpa Amu inside this proactive swear.. grin

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Yankee101: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2018
Assassination gone wrong
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by sacx: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
A person is innocent until proven guilty by a competent court of law. Why should his pension be stopped when he was yet to be declared guilty? Another indication that Buhari's anti-corruption war is just an avenue to clamp down on opposition.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by GoldHorse(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
jamace:
Badeh was on trial before the surreptitious assassination. Now we can not say that Badeh was guilty before the law. We only have personal opinions that he was guilty, which lacks legal backing.

Please don't make me laugh. Legal backing indeed. Badeh that refunded monies didn't think he was guilty abi? Go and tell that to the wives or siblings of the dead soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by jamace(m): 7:16pm On Dec 28, 2018
GoldHorse:

Please don't make me laugh. Legal backing indeed. Badeh that refunded monies didn't think he was guilty abi? Go and tell that to the wives or siblings of the dead soldiers.
Refund of money was just a step in the legal processes. Some persons know they would be indicted if Badeh's trial was allowed to completion, hence they have to silence him. Put on your thinking cap, bro.

1 Like

Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2018
zombieTRACKER:
Cock and bull story
you re so full of shit, its obvious that it was no robbery but a hit job.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by mechanics(m): 7:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
Wow, the story is really touching.
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by mymadam(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
notoriousbabe:
...Who Noticed that Nigerian Banks didn’t send Christmas messages this Year?
Of course they did. Maybe your account is not healthy enough to deserve a Christmas message from your bank grin
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by Mrjo(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
olanie:
I'm going to join in this twisted stories ....

He has no money, because he has a corruption case on going so all his accounts have been blocked ...

So not even 500 naira was on him...

But there's fuel in his SUV ?

Oh sorry, we are all stupid in this clime?!

but in other news is it possible for a general like him moving without security
Re: Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death by zombieTRACKER: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2018
quentin06:

you re so full of shit, its obvious that it was no robbery but a hit job.

Yeah of course... It's was a hit
And you my friend are so full of watery shit...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1000 APC Members Join PDP In Akwa Ibom After Akpabio’s Defection / Senator Bassey Albert's (OBA) Handshake With A Supporter (Photo) / Yusuf Datti Visit Labour Party Secretariat In Katsina (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.