Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom (13917 Views)

Benue: Ortom Vs Alia (photos) / Akeredolu: Soludo’s Experience As Economist, Great Asset To Anambra / Wammako, Akpabio, Akume, Others Leave For China With President Buhari [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by quickberry(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
Benue Governor Samuel Ortom has described Sen. George Akume as a “great asset” to the north-central state.

Ortom Ortom, who spoke on Friday in Makurdi, at a reception to mark Akume’s 64th birthday, said that the former Benue governor, currently a senator representing Benue North-West, was “a humble and humane leader”.

“Akume pays a lot of attention to the poor; that sets him out as a model for all of us to appreciate and emulate,” he said.

Ortom, governorship candidate of the PDP, however, appealed to members of the APC to support his administration to enable it deliver on its mandate to Benue people.

In his remarks, Akume thanked God for sparing his life to hit 64, noting that other prominent Benue leaders like Sen. Joseph Tarka and former Governor Aper Aku, died before their 50th birthdays.

He appealed to those he might have wronged to forgive him as he had also forgiven those who offended him.

Reports have it that Nigeria’s Ambassador to Russia, Prof. Steve Ugbah, the Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Mr Terkimbi Ikyange and other top government officials attended the ceremony.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/12/akume-a-great-asset-to-benue-ortom-2/
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by quickberry(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2018
grin

APC will reclaim our mandate from you come march 2019

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55pm On Dec 28, 2018
In 1999, George Akume became governor of Benue State and served two four years term. He won elections to represent the people of Benue as a senator for Benue North-West in Nigeria's senate.
Akume was re-elected Senator for Benue North-West in the April 2011 elections, running on the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) platform. He polled 261,726 votes, defeating Terngu Tsegba of the PDP who won 143,354 votes. He was again re-elected to the senate under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2015. He is currently the chairman senate committee on army and a ranking member of senate.
Happy birthday to George Akume.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by cooldipo(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2018
angry
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by tuvade: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Great man with a Large heart ❤️
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by coolsheyi(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Is good to be sincere
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by abismal3(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Hhh
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by ct2: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
every politician destroying this Nigeria. Holy Ghost fire. ...........................

2 Likes

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by ouzo1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Now Akume na great man abi... No be drunk again? Politicians sha

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Xavier9ja(m): 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2018
Am just ashamed of being a BENUE indigene
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by TheMoniker: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
grin grin

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Epiczi(m): 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2018
Ortom l pity u

2 Likes

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by philcz(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2018
Xavier9ja:
Lol, we're in it together bro

2 Likes

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by kingharzy: 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2018
post=74248374:
In 1999, George Akume became governor of Benue State and served two four years term. He won elections to represent the people of Benue as a senator for Benue North-West in Nigeria's senate.
Akume was re-elected Senator for Benue North-West in the April 2011 elections, running on the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) platform. He polled 261,726 votes, defeating Terngu Tsegba of the PDP who won 143,354 votes. He was again re-elected to the senate under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2015. He is currently the chairman senate committee on army and a ranking member of senate.
Happy birthday to George Akume.
undecided

You now grill biographies? ? ?

Just pun bro, nothing more (atleast for today)

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by onward4life(m): 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2018
Xavier9ja:

All I can say

Randy Ortom is not from Benue!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by rexchazy(m): 8:06pm On Dec 28, 2018
He is scared

1 Like

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Luchiana1(f): 8:09pm On Dec 28, 2018
It called top up and earn ,,, whenever u recharge ur phone,, or buy data,pay gotv sub,, dstv sub,, pay nepa Bill,,, u get paid......also anybody that u refer to join,,,the company will pay u instantly....... Ur registration fee is just 2k.
Make good money,,with just 2k
Hello friends, make btw 5k-10k daily . Ask me how?� 08084226895 https://www.salary4life.biz/ref/Priscilliaoluchi
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Tareq1105: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
ouzo1:
Now Akume na great man abi... No be drunk again? Politicians sha

Na una want die for them.

I can't believe Orthom said this about Akume.
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by ouzo1(m): 8:18pm On Dec 28, 2018
Tareq1105:

Who be dey una?? Bros me no like none of dem.. In fact I hate both pdp and apc, na same buffoons dey both party
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by senatordave1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 28, 2018
Tareq1105:

You have to because its true.apc is superior to pdp in every facet.i said it severally that akume is the most popular politician in benue and will deliver 30% votes to buhari,ignorant pdp fellas disagreed.Ortom has summarized it.no Pdp fan should bring this up again.but ortom will still lose to jime while buhari will do well in benue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by senatordave1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 28, 2018
I expect udom to say something similar about akpabio soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Nitah1: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2018
;DAkume is more useless than Abubakar Lolo of Niger state. ;DAkume is more useless than Abubakar Lolo of Niger state.
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Nitah1: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2018
Akume is more useless than Abubakar Lolo of Niger state.
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by senatordave1(m): 8:33pm On Dec 28, 2018
Nitah1:
Akume is more useless than Abubakar Lolo of Niger state.
You meant ortom

2 Likes

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by benuejosh: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2018
He has started praising him already This man keeps amusing me.
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Gecoz: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2018
Bro you wicked gon oh, so u no want make him make money for New year? Maybe u no know say him dey get paid for comments on nairaland and supporting bull h ari.

kingharzy:

undecided

You now grill biographies? ? ?

Just pun bro, nothing more (atleast for today)
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by wildernessVoice: 9:04pm On Dec 28, 2018
What is the real value of the money you receive on Election Day, in order to cast your vote for a candidate?

Note that the money you receive is all you will be paid in the 4 years the candidate will be in office. He has paid you in advance for 4 years service.

365 dys x 4 yrs = 1460 days.

1. You receive #5,000 ? OK
#5,000➗1460 = N3 per day.

= That is the value of the vote you sold, over 4 years.

2. U receive #1000..?Ok, now
1000➗1460 = 68 kobo per day.

3. You receive #500..?
500 ➗1460 = 34 kobo per day

3. You receive #200 to vote..?
See 200➗1460 = 13 kobo per day..!!

The question is how much do you value yourself..?

Is that what you are worth..?
They have bought your silence so that they and their children can live well.
Can you live on 13 kobo per day or even 68 kobo per day? Tom Tom sweet is 10 naira think twice before u decide.
God bless Nigeria.

vote wisely!!!

Save your future generations from imminent extinction.Thanks and
have a BLESSED DAY.

#FREEandFAREelectionADVOCACYgroup#

1 Like

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by scarybeeeee: 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2018
Xavier9ja:
Abeg shift make I join you, so we go take the shame selfie together.

1 Like

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by Nitah1: 9:46pm On Dec 28, 2018
senatordave1:
You meant ortom
No, Akume.
Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by kingharzy: 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2018
Gecoz:
Bro you wicked gon oh, so u no want make him make money for New year? Maybe u no know say him dey get paid for comments on nairaland and supporting bull h ari.

undecided

LOL. . . Abeg, no make me talk wetin i no wan talk wey u don talk. . .

Re: Akume, A Great Asset To Benue – Ortom by senatordave1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2018
Nitah1:
No, Akume.
Can useless ortom win elections without campaigning like akume does?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Minimum Wage: Ngige, SGF Mustapha To Meet Buhari On Fresh Deal / Minimum Wage: Obaseki Says N30,000 Not Enough To Take Workers Home / Shekarau Lists Conditions For Reconciliation With Ganduje Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.