Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,043 members, 7,835,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? (1920 Views)

Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop / Will You Play Online & Offline PC Games In A Gaming Lounge? / A Gaming Company In Enugu Is Hiring! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by JewelryJules555: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2018
My son saw his friends playing a game called For the night and he wants a computer to play this on. Would it be better if I bought him a console or a PC for this game? I don't want him having access to bad things on the internet either so I'm hesitant to buy him a full fledged computer if I can avoid it.

Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2018
Build him a gaming rig with triple monitor system and ensure the GPU is hardcore
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 29, 2018
I think you meant to say fortnite ,get him a ps4 .

3 Likes

Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by crafteck(m): 10:45am On Dec 29, 2018
justscorchone:
I think you meant to say fortnite ,get him a ps4 .

Best advice..
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by spoilerx: 7:08am On Dec 31, 2018
PS4 or Xbox one would do
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2018
Now let me reply the question.

I recommend you get one from Amazon. There are plenty of mid range gaming PCs for about 600 USD. Alternatively, you can spend at least 1000 USD for a gaming pc that would last about 3 - 5 years.

If he moves a lot, get a gaming laptop. Acer and Dell have great entry level gaming laptops.
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by LucemFerre: 7:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
How old is your son?
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by Dollywood(m): 11:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
JewelryJules555:
My son saw his friends playing a game called For the night and he wants a computer to play this on. Would it be better if I bought him a console or a PC for this game? I don't want him having access to bad things on the internet either so I'm hesitant to buy him a full fledged computer if I can avoid it.

Get a PS4 for him...
But how old is your son?
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by ChynoBEATS: 6:31am On Jan 02, 2019
JewelryJules555:

Be it desktop or laptop... As far as its a gaming PC it'll cost you a lot... So buy him a normal game console...

Desktops are mostly modified for gaming because you need a 500gb hdd , a core iseries processor with 2.5ghz or more... A ram size of 8gb upwards (cos you'll be installing multiple games so it needs more ram to operate smoothly..) and lastly a 2gb upwards graphics card........ N a ups too ..� .. Please don't waste money biko

1 Like

Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by Reejuvi: 9:07am On Jan 04, 2019
GTX 1050 Ti graphics (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY AND AUDIO:
Edge-to-edge 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) display and rich audio with front-firing speakers, HP Audio Boost, and tuning by B&O PLAY, Backlit Keyboard.

8TH GENERATION Intel (R) PROCESSOR:
Intel (R)Core(TM) i5-8300H (2.3 GHz base frequency, up to 4 GHz with Intel (R) Turbo Boost Technology, 8 MB cache, 4 cores)

Intel (R) Optane (TM) MEMORY 16 GB:
Optane memory accelerates new processor-based systems to deliver a responsive computer experience with short boot times, fast application launches, extraordinary gaming, and responsive browsing

HARD DRIVE AND MEMORY:
1 TB 7200 RPM SATA hard drive and 8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM

BATTERY LIFE:
Up to 8 hours and 45 minutes (mixed usage); up to 7 hours and 45 minutes (video playback); up to 5 hours and 30 minutes (wireless streaming)

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Home

1 Share

Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by Reejuvi: 9:08am On Jan 04, 2019
Call/whatapp

https:///2348145061561

Location Lagos

Price 289,990
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by blazerinno(m): 4:41pm On Jan 12, 2019
You mean Fortnite I'm guessing... Get him a PC (computer)... But it's more expensive to get a gaming computer... If cost isn't a problem, get a computer...a gaming laptop preferably and you can add restrictions on your internet... Kids don't need big computers to look up bad stuff on the internet...a phone's enough and that's everywhere... Most of the pro players for Fortnite and many competitive games use PC... It's hard to beat a keyboard and mouse in shooters... That's why companies are even making keyboard and mouse accessories for consoles like Xbox and PS4 and Sony and Microsoft are finally allowing these devices on their platforms
Re: My Son Wants A Gaming Computer, What Would You Recommend? by yesloaded: 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
JewelryJules555:
You can get grade A Pristine body gaming laptop from us

we import all our laptops directly from USA

You can get gaming laptop for as low as 120,000naira from us with strong battery, & original charger.

Whatsapp 08137750741 for pictures and further discussion

(1) (Reply)

Price Of A Used Ps4 / Price Of Xbox One Controller / God Of War 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.