Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos (9013 Views)

Help! My Sister Was Almost Raped / Violated By Their Fathers, Why Some Men Sexually Abuse, Impregnate Own Daughters / "I Was Sexually Harassed By A Lady In The Office" - Nigerian Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by No2SexViolence: 11:42am On Dec 29, 2018
My Sister went to this hospital on 28/12/18 to have HIV & hepatitis tests. She had no complaints whatsoever as she was in a perfect physical state for a 25 year old lady that she is. She only wanted to know her status of these diseases for personal reasons. She was asked to open a hospital card and wait to be seen by a doctor.

She met with this doctor, and was expecting to get a pre-test counselling as is the usual practice after the doctor-patient interaction of history taking. The doctor however asked her to go lie down on the examination bed instead and without specifying what examination he was performing on her or why, he moved swiftly towards her, raised her gown up and started pressing her tommy. The door was locked. At this point, she wasn’t suspicious of anything yet as she only thought it was merely a doctor with bad bedside manners, but then, this doctor suddenly went further raising her blouse higher above her breasts, raised her bra and exposed her breasts all by himself! ''Oga'' doctor then asked her with a ''rapey dirty old man smile on his face’’ while squeezing her nipples if it was painful. There was nobody else in the room! At this point, my sister was so shocked and confused and didn’t know what to do. She described this incident graphically how she had never felt so violated before in her entire life. She has had HIV tests before and what she was expecting from this doctor was a pre-test counselling and education on HIV and hepatitis but she didn’t get any of that, because nipple examination was more important to this doctor. The way this doctor pounced on her intimidatingly and went to town on her breasts without warning despite her not complaining of any problems with her health or her breasts left her in trepidation. She felt helpless and sexually violated, such as no patient should ever feel after being seen by a doctor.

We started looking for ways to flag up this incident and lodge a formal complaint against this doctor, who possibly has been getting away with this kind of unprofessional behaviour. Unfortunately, we stumbled on Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) contact online to seek for advice and contacted the chairman, but without hearing the details of what happened, the Lagos state NMA chairman started defending this doctor and throwing tantrums, saying he has been disrespected and dared us to take it to wherever we like. He expressed no sympathy for the patient who has gone through this horrible ordeal in the hands of an unprofessional doctor, who should normally be a trusted custodian of the healthcare institution, but instead, Mr chairman turned himself into the victim.

Does anyone have an idea how to report this kind of incident and who to report to. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by babyfaceafrica: 11:44am On Dec 29, 2018
go to the police,and I hope you have solid proof,not just mouth proof,issues like this have to be proved beyond reasonable doubt!!!//

your post is too long abeg,next time make it short and precise!!

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Kingdollar28(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2018
Sorry ooh
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2018
And you're here crying on Nairaland when you're supposed to be visiting the doc with a baseball bat wrapped with barbed wire

8 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Holumhidey(m): 11:53am On Dec 29, 2018
wetin kongi dey cause..... no lie your sister enjoy am......
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by carzola(m): 11:56am On Dec 29, 2018
Post the picture of your sister
And the breast....

Don't come here with mumu talk
Just to buy sympathy...

No doctor can just start opening
Your breast on top HIV test...
Moreover most hospital
The doctors leave their office doors open.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by No2SexViolence: 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
carzola:
Post the picture of your sister
And the breast....

Don't come here with mumu talk
Just to buy sympathy...

No doctor can just start opening
Your breast on top HIV test...
Moreover most hospital
The doctors leave their office doors open.
Oponu, sorry I forgot that you were there when it happened!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by franktolk(m): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
No2SexViolence:
My Sister went to this hospital on 28/12/18 to have HIV & hepatitis tests. She had no complaints whatsoever as she was in a perfect physical state for a 25 year old lady that she is. She only wanted to know her status for these diseases for personal reasons. She was asked to open a hospital card and wait to be seen by a doctor.

She met with this doctor whose name is Bankole, and was expecting to get a pre-test counselling as is the usual practice after the doctor-patient interaction of history taking. The doctor however asked her to go lie down on the examination bed instead and without specifying what examination he was performing on her or why, he moved swiftly towards her, raised her gown up and started pressing her tommy. At this point, she wasn’t suspicious of anything yet as she only thought its merely a doctor with bad bedside manners, but then, this doctor suddenly went further raising her blouse higher above her breasts, raised her bra and exposed her breasts all by himself! ‘’Oga’’ doctor then asked her with a ‘’rapey dirty old man smile on his face’’ while squeezing her nipples if it was painful. There was nobody else in the room! At this point, my sister was so shocked and confused and didn’t know what to do. She described this incident graphically how she had never felt so violated before in her entire life. She has had HIV tests before and what she was expecting from this doctor was a pre-test counselling and education on HIV and hepatitis but she didn’t get any of that, because nipple examination was more important to this doctor. The way this doctor pounced on her intimidatingly and went to town on her breasts without warning despite her not complaining of any problems with her health or her breasts left her in trepidation. She felt helpless and sexually violated, such as no patient should ever feel after been seen by a doctor.

We started looking for ways to flag up this incident and lodge a formal complaint against this doctor, who possibly has been getting away with this kind of unprofessional behaviour. Unfortunately, we stumbled on Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) contact online to seek for advice and contacted the chairman, but without hearing the details of what happened, the Lagos state NMA chairman started defending this doctor and throwing tantrums, saying he has been disrespected and dared us to take it to wherever we like. He expressed no sympathy for the patient who has gone through this horrible ordeal in the hands of an unprofessional doctor, who should normally be a trusted custodian of the healthcare institution, but instead, Mr chairman turned himself into the victim.
Does anyone have an idea how to report this kind of incident and who to report to. Thanks. Please see the chats below.

Very sorry to hear about the unpalatable experience your sister had with a randy doctor .
Its unfortunate that Nigeria does not really have functional complaint and redress establishments. You have started well , post it on different social media platforms and also try and put it across to Dr Joe Odumakin @Dr JoeOdumakin twitter handle. You can also post it on her Facebook page Dr Joe Okei -Odumakin I know she does a lot about Nigerian Women's right .

7 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by No2SexViolence: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2018
This doctor when contacted by NMA chairman decided to lie that my sister said she wanted to get married, she wanted a general check, she wanted to know if she was fertile, all in an attempt to justify his ''nipple squeezing'' routine, which the chairman believed.

I do not know why in situations like this, no one cares about the victims. Some people even go as far as blaming the victims. The level of quackery and poor quality of care provided by some of these doctors is just so mind boggling. The chairman in an attempt to cover his colleague stated that nipple and vaginal examinations are very essential anytime a lady presents to the hospital, at this point, we knew that we had contacted the wrong person. I do not know if medical ethics is not being taught in Nigerian medical schools but this is sounding so ridiculous to say the least.

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by delzbaba(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2018
Post it on all social media sites, let instablog carry the story, this doctors are randy dogs

3 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Pointblank09(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2018
Use twitter and copy @segalink. It will become a public knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
This one is serious o
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Horphemiphor(f): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2018
Poster, please call this number 09030130944
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by somehow: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
Post on IG
Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2018
Am not a doctor,but am educated ,from the chat above that Dr you contacted did nothing but help you,he even requested for the file. You yourself noted that your sisters blood pressure was erroneously recorded,that is switched with an elderly patient's reading ,which is not the Dr's mistake but the lab technician. The problem we have nowadays is that every1 wants to be believed,what if the doctor is innocent ? why do we have to believe your sister? were u there ?alot of reputations have been ruined because of false accusations especially by women. A 25 year old who you claimed has done same tests in other hospitals should know when to refuse assessment if she felt it's not necessary . we all know how nigerian hospitals are,alot of quackery and unprofessionalism,but you the accuser the burden of proof is on you,do not expect us to believe u just because you painted it that way.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Zane2point4(m): 5:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
fabiano09:
Am not a doctor,but am educated ,from the chat above that Dr you contacted did nothing but help you,he even requested for the file. You yourself noted that your sisters blood pressure was erroneously recorded,that is switched with an elderly patient's reading ,which is not the Dr's mistake but the lab technician. The problem we have nowadays is that every1 wants to be believed,what if the doctor is innocent ? why do we have to believe your sister? were u there ?alot of reputations have been ruined because of false accusations especially by women. A 25 year old who you claimed has done same tests in other hospitals should know when to refuse assessment if she felt it's not necessary . we all know how nigerian hospitals are,alot of quackery and unprofessionalism,but you the accuser the burden of proof is on you,do not expect us to believe u just because you painted it that way.
Honestly o, since she didn't request for the breast and vaginal test to be done on her, and she claimed to be knowledgeable on how test are run due to her numerous visits to other hospitals, why didnt she stop the doctor?

Thats the big question here, am not siding for anyone, but the moment the doc wanted to lift her cloth was when she could have rejected immediately.
Yes even if she is your sister you dont move about with her, dont trust girls of nowadays, i know a grl that codedly goes to the lab to check for infections bit she will come out and say she went to donate blood.

4 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2018

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

Honestly o, since she didn't request for the breast and vaginal test to be done on her, and she claimed to be knowledgeable on how test are run due to her numerous visits to other hospitals, why didnt she stop the doctor?

Thats the big question here, am not siding for anyone, but the moment the doc wanted to lift her cloth was when she could have rejected immediately.
Yes even if she is your sister you dont move about with her, dont trust girls of nowadays, i know a grl that codedly goes to the lab to check for infections bit she will come out and say she went to donate blood.
Victim blaming! Very typical of our people, why a lot of abused people don't come out!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Obagoblog(m): 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
Some doctors are just pervert...

But come to think of it. Your sister's story is not adding up.
You mean the doctor open her top and she kept mute without stopping him, the doctor futhered to her bra and open or shifted it then start handling them and she didn't shout or stop him... haba

I'm very sure before he even opened her top, she must have seen some sexual body language from the doctor, but she chose to ignore them for reasons best known to her..

Abeg, tell your sister to say the truth...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by obyback: 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
UKmigrant:
Victim blaming! Very typical of our people, why a lot of abused people don't come out!
Anymore could be the victim in this case

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by earthsync(f): 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
That doctor needs to be ripped off his job, how unprofessional.

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
Zane2point4:

exactly my point,women are unpredictable. A woman who goes to check for hiv and hepatitis has clearly has the fear of been exposed to the virus recently and decided to check it out ,which is a good thing,who knows if she blames a guy,or a stupid guy forced her against her will and then the next male she perceived to have same intention ,whether true or not is going to bear the full brunt of her anger ,let her go to the authorities with her evidence ,and I must add,do it herself not let her so called brother do it for her,that's even if they are really brother and sister,am not saying the doctor is innocent,and am not saying the girl is telling the truth too.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
fabiano09:
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
UKmigrant:
Victim blaming!
victim blaming ? stop that trash bro,you've never been wrongly accused right ? I repeat no patient can tell the doctor how to do his job,u can refuse treatment but not dictate what the doctor does,first step the doctor asked for medical history ,also asked valid questions,then u proceed to the lab and get a wrong reading indicating high blood pressure ,which the sister admits herself ,and u expect the doctor not to probe further?? illiteracy is evil,see let me tell you ,u were not in the room,who knows what the state of mind of the girl was while answering questions ,who knows what she said,and don't tell me that rubbish that she just felt like checking her hiv and hepatitis ,she would never be allowed to waste a doctor's time ,we all know how inefficient hospitals are in naija,a lab technician and counsellor will check u if you request for just routine hiv test.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 29, 2018
I blame the good doctor who even gave that so called brother time over chat,you messed up and wasted your time helping an ingrate,you would have directed him the necessary authority,not giving him your precious time over whatsapp chat,and he had the effontery to mock and insult you over a serious matter,that guy is just plain childish .

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Benite: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
No2SexViolence:
Op

Sorry about what your sister went through
Kindly contact the regulatory bodies for Doctors, the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria

https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/contact-us

Headquarters:
Plot 1102, Cadastral Zone B11, Off Oladipo Diya Road, Behind Prince and Princess Estate,Kaura District Abuja Nigeria
Phone: 01-4540481
Phone: 08172029003, 08160445777
Email: info@mdcn.gov.ng

You can mail them and i assure you action will be taken on this as council does not condone indiscipline and fair in their dealings.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Aol360: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
Its a sensitive issue that needs to be handled with maturity.

Have you considered settling the issue amicably with the affected doctor. If truly he did the wrong in question, the deed is already done and two wrongs dont make a right.

If you keep pressing for judgement, it might affect his practicing licnese and reduce the number of doctors that are not even enough.

If truly you are standing up for correction purpose, there are other ways it could be handled within the confines of the hospital he works without excalating this much.

There are loosed workers in every profession but atimes the good works they do must not be taken for granted when situstions like this pop up. I am sure the man you reported to would have scolded the affected doctor for his wrong doing as permission is required before examining female patients private body but will not make all this known to you in the spirit of professionalism.

Please there is already a wrong as to the extent of the examination but let's not because of annoyance spoil everything.

2 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
earthsync:
That doctor needs to be ripped off his job, how unprofessional.

That's now the process in sacking people?! Shameful

1 Like

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
instead of them to go to the authorities ,they opened a new moniker to embarrass a doctor who may be innocent on social media,why is he anonymous ? why not use your real moniker,u just created that moniker yesterday ,if I was in your shoe I won't create a new moniker,I'll go straight to the Nigerian medical council,except there's an ulterior motive to tarnish someone's image

7 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by SmallmebigGod: 7:39pm On Dec 29, 2018
The only offence of the doctor here is not having a chaperone and not taking an informed consent

4 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by ezugegere(m): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
Your sister is educated but doesn't know the difference between hospital and lab? Do u go to a hospital to do test or lab?

5 Likes

Re: How My Sister Was Sexually Violated By A Doctor At Alimosho General Hosp Lagos by SmallmebigGod: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
The so called 'patient' wants to get married, probably after multiple escapades, she decided to see a doctor, to know if she doesn't have sexually transmitted infections and if she is fertile.
Note that if she just want HIV status there are many spots in the market (community outreach lrograms of many NGO) where she can get the test done.
The doctor took history, and examined here. The guy might have a bad bedside manner , he did it without chaperone and probably didn't take consent (on the issue of consent its going to be Her word against His) but the allegation of sexual violation is uncalled for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rape Isn't Always Criminal / Two Arrested With $250,000, Gold Nuggets Worth N34 Million / Father Accused Me Of Witchcraft, Bathed Me With Acid (WARNING:disturbing Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.