Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,898 members, 7,848,628 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:39 AM

South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain (14811 Views)

Presidential Election Won’t Determine Winner Of Imo Gov Poll – Uzodimma (Video) / Omisore, Omoworare May Determine Winner Of Osun Rerun Election / Ekiti Election: PDP Nwc Gets Hard Facts, Reconfirms That INEC Doctored Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by enemyofprogress: 2:05pm On Dec 29, 2018
obembet:
Truth is expensive
come let's go one corner make I show you something.

First to comment on page 2
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by obembet(f): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
enemyofprogress:
come let's go one corner make I show you something.

First to comment on page 2

Follow u to a corner? I don't trust you
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by enemyofprogress: 2:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
obembet:

Follow u to a corner? I don't trust you
I won't touch your pant I swear
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by KingOfAllIgbos: 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2018
tunjijones:
I really want Atiku to win the election. Not because atiku is a better person wen compared to Buhari but because I want this to serve as a precedence for our politicians. If you dnt do well after four years you wld be voted out.

Then by then we can say we really have a true democracy.

Great comment. It would be nice so leaders don't take followers for granted

If only Atiku had been smart about his choice of his VP.

He didnt make a smart choice though...

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by kayzat: 2:13pm On Dec 29, 2018
Maxymilliano:
Would have loved this guy to contest once again against Solomon Areola for Lagos West Senatorial seat ...

And he will still lose again and again. He's been contesting against Yayi for God knows when and he's always been on the looser's side

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by David160(m): 2:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
Yeah... Exactly..

I just wish pdp go focus on that zone
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by 0monnak0da: 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
Richdad50:
There is a reason why it is called South because it borders neighbours of the same idea and way of life.

#Richdad
I have a problem with this part of your post as it displays either youth or wishful thinking

In 1960 at Independence we operated a parliamentary system not a winner takes all presidential system. No one party could take power on its own

in 1960 Zik and his NCNC went into coalition with Tafawa Balewa to form the goernment and he was rewarded with ceremonial Presdent while Balewa had executive power.

He had the numbers to form the government with Awolowo and his Action Group but chose the former

The exact same scenario played out again after the 1965 election on boh occasions the Yoruba went into opposition

Again in 1979

Zik led his people into coalition with the NPN of Shagari and was rewarded with the Speaker of the House of reps for his party the NPP

The NPN gave the VP slot to Alex Ekwueme and the Senate President to Cross River State in Joe Wayas while the Yoruba were schemed out of govvernment and went into opposition

The exact same scenario repeated in 1983 only this time Ojukwu hd returned fro exile to join NPN

In all these 4 instances no one remembered that

Richdad50:
There is a reason why it is called South because it borders neighbours of the same idea and way of life.

#Richdad

There was no talk of same idea and way of life ,there never was and never has been

The Ijaw the Efik and other SS minorities east of the Niger voted Shagari in preference to Awolowo. The only difference then was that the Yoruba NEVER invoked Southern parapoism because it does not exist. The Yoruba respected THEIR CHOICE as one based on interest rather than hate and worked on the premise that one day we may have common interest in the future. We never bllackmailed anyone on the basis of a false southern unity and NEVER called anyone betrayers or expressed any sense of entitlement to so called southern support

so why now tthat for the first time in Nigerian history when the Yoruba entered a coalition with a Northerner we start hearing all this

Is is youth? Ignorance or mischief?

What South?

Since when?
Richdad50:

#Richdad

This your idea of South is something you imagine not something that has any basis in reality
Ijaw voted Shagari twice against Awo and Zik ditto for Akwa Ibom and Cross River soo what South are you talking about

8 Likes

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by yashau(m): 2:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
BafanaBafana:
2019 elections have already been contested and won. The matter on the table now is who will succeed Buhari in 2023
Seconded

2 Likes

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Smartwave: 2:26pm On Dec 29, 2018
Richdad50:
I have observed the trend in Nigeria Politics and electionery and i have concluded that their will be a shift in the old order. Maybe not in 2019 but afterwards.....who knows!

The Southwest is the beautiful bride but not for a long time. An allliance between the South and the Middlebelt will leave the West lonely in the future. If you look at the beats, you will see a desire and hunger from the middlebelt to depart the old and unfruitful allaince with the core north. If and when it happens, it will be a long journey away from the core i wouldn't predict a return.

West have got to be careful not to overplay their hands or be seen as fluid or unstable as water. There is a reason why it is called South because it borders neighbours of the same idea and way of life.

#Richdad
Dreamer, alliance with middle belt and southeast??!!! And the middle belt contains Kwara which predominantly Yoruba's, Kogi - Don't forget Yoruba's are also involved too - a whole senatorial Zone, Benue and plateau will never joining southeast. They have nothing in common with southeast. Your neighbor south south, don't even have political alliance with you - they only use southeast when they need them. GEJ on my mind. West always play regional politics, their regional politics gamers, they always know their ways.

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by alabi484(m): 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
fergie001:

Areola?

Kai........ shocked
Shaygay Bros

Na that one your eyes see grin
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by AllenSpencer: 2:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
BafanaBafana:
2019 elections have already been contested and won. The matter on the table now is who will succeed Buhari in 2023

Tell them again abeg!

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Richdad50(m): 2:32pm On Dec 29, 2018
Smartwave:
Dreamer, alliance with middle belt and southeast??!!! And the middle belt contains Kwara which predominantly Yoruba's, Kogi - Don't forget Yoruba's are also involved too - a whole senatorial Zone, Benue and plateau will never joining southeast. The have nothing in common with southeast. Your neighbor south south, don't even have political alliance with you - they only use southeast when they need them. GEJ on my mind. West always play regional politics, their regional politics gamers, they always no their ways.
I never mentioned the Southeast but the entire south with the exception of West. However, your little mind finds it hard to contain your deepest racism. There is a reason why it is called Southwest because it borders neighbours who share thesame idea and way of life.

#Richdad

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by fergie001: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
alabi484:

Shaygay Bros

Na that one your eyes see grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

My heart skip
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by AllenSpencer: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

When God wants to deal with someone, he takes away his senses and that of those close to him

Atiku went to the place he already had their votes to pick a Vice which was a deadly and unforgivable mistake

The South-East had no where to run to aside voting Atiku, Atiku would have used that slot to break the South-West or Middle-Belt but unfortunately, he thought he was making a strategic move.

He also forgot the political play of Nigerian electorates

He already shot himself in the leg and is irredeemable

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Olabestonic001(m): 2:42pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bede2u:
SW votes can be bought. If Atiku play his cards tight he would buy up to 40% of their votes like gej did. Then divide the north with buhari

Those guys still play amala politics

Unfortunately, that kind of money is only spent by the Federal Powers.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by alabi484(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2018
fergie001:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

My heart skip

I no fit laugh abeg... Na auto correct dey do wonders
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by ejimatic: 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
akinhanger:

A Chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in Lagos, Otunba Segun Adewale has posited that South West region of the country will determine the winner of the 2019 Presidential election.

Adewale said that the chances of the former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar is very bright but must ensure that he work with people who truly wants him to emerge as the next President.

Adewale said if Atiku truly wants to win convincingly in South West, he must assemble young and smart “Hard Working Team” with proven electoral track record and not the regular old and tired brigades who won’t even step outside their doors on the election day.

He said that the party must take a cue from the recently concluded Ekiti and Osun election, he posited that all hands must be on deck if indeed the party want a resounding victory in 2019.

Adewale said that Nigerians will vote for PDP massively, “we must play our own role to secure Atiku’s Victory by looking for a minimum of 50 strong, vibrant and honest people from each ward throughout the South West to man our polling units

According to him, both Atiku and Buhari will share Northern votes, South East and South South are for PDP but South West is the battle ground and as such, credible people must be chosen to man all the States in the region.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/south-west-will-determine-winner-of-presidential-election-pdp-chieftain.html
The north will vote massively for Buhari.They can die for him.in south west APC will win in all states.In South east and south south you will be surprised APC will have 25 percent of the votes cast in each state.The south east will not let 2023 pass its region by not voting the APC in 2019 . As it was in Ekiti and Osun and in the two senatorial district elections in kwara state.APC will win presidential election in 2019

2 Likes

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Unik3030: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bede2u:
SW votes can be bought. If Atiku play his cards tight he would buy up to 40% of their votes like gej did. Then divide the north with buhari

we play amala politics n we have electoral value, u people play politics of hate with your 5% n u are nowhere to b found. I don't like buhari but I will vote him so he can punish the children of hate more. make buhari enter n u go know say python dance Na part 1

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by boxypane(m): 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Is there really a contest between PMB and Atiku?
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Unik3030: 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
KingOfAllIgbos:

u make sense bro, he made a wrong choice of v. p. he knew fully well that igbos hate buhari as a result of python dance n south south will never vote buhari cos of how he destroyed Jonathan's government meaning south east n south south are locked down for him. he out to pick Yoruba VP so as to share south west vote d same way they will share north votes. but now both contestants are seen through tribal lens which means an average Yoruba man will support buhari based on Yoruba VP n same way an igbo man will support atiku. n south west voters outnumbered south east voters so atiku played a wrong card
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Alphagan(m): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2018
0monnak0da:

I have a problem with this part of your post as it displays either youth or wishful thinking

In 1960 at Independence we operated a parliamentary system not a winner takes all presidential system. No one party could take power on its own

in 1960 Zik and his NCNC went into coalition with Tafawa Balewa to form the goernment and he was rewarded with ceremonial Presdent while Balewa had executive power.

He had the numbers to form the government with Awolowo and his Action Group but chose the former

The exact same scenario played out again after the 1965 election on boh occasions the Yoruba went into opposition

Again in 1979

Zik led his people into coalition with the NPN of Shagari and was rewarded with the Speaker of the House of reps for his party the NPP

The NPN gave the VP slot to Alex Ekwueme and the Senate President to Cross River State in Joe Wayas while the Yoruba were schemed out of govvernment and went into opposition

The exact same scenario repeated in 1983 only this time Ojukwu hd returned fro exile to join NPN

In all these 4 instances no one remembered that

There was no talk of same idea and way of life ,there never was and never has been

The Ijaw the Efik and other SS minorities east of the Niger voted Shagari in preference to Awolowo. The only difference then was that the Yoruba NEVER invoked Southern parapoism because it does not exist. The Yoruba respected THEIR CHOICE as one based on interest rather than hate and worked on the premise that one day we may have common interest in the future. We never bllackmailed anyone on the basis of a false southern unity and NEVER called anyone betrayers or expressed any sense of entitlement to so called southern support

so why now tthat for the first time in Nigerian history when the Yoruba entered a coalition with a Northerner we start hearing all this

Is is youth? Ignorance or mischief?

What South?

Since when?

This your idea of South is something you imagine not something that has any basis in reality
Ijaw voted Shagari twice against Awo and Zik ditto for Akwa Ibom and Cross River soo what South are you talking about
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by maestroferddi: 3:28pm On Dec 29, 2018
seunmsg:
Uncle aeroland the serial loser talking. He has never won any election in his life either in Lagos or in Ekiti but he’s here advising Atiku on how to win the south west. Go back to Lagos west and let Yayi do you that thing again.
Buhari was a serial loser before 2015, this man...
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Smooyis(m): 3:31pm On Dec 29, 2018
Richdad50:
I have observed the trend in Nigeria Politics and electionery and i have concluded that their will be a shift in the old order. Maybe not in 2019 but afterwards.....who knows!

The Southwest is the beautiful bride but not for a long time. An allliance between the South and the Middlebelt will leave the West lonely in the future. If you look at the beats, you will see a desire and hunger from the middlebelt to depart the old and unfruitful allaince with the core north. If and when it happens, it will be a long journey away from the core i wouldn't predict a return.

West have got to be careful not to overplay their hands or be seen as fluid or unstable as water. There is a reason why it is called South because it borders neighbours of the same idea and way of life.

#Richdad

You write beautifully and maturely. As a Yoruba man, I cannot but agree with your submissions cool shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by 0monnak0da: 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2018
Smooyis:

You write beautifully and maturely. As a Yoruba man, I cannot but agree with your submissions cool shocked shocked shocked shocked
Omoale

You can never be a Yoruba an otherwise you will know that politically the Yoruba have NEVER had allies ,they have ALWAYS been lonely/alone . The Yoruba thrive in OPPOSITION ask Awo and ask Tinubu

We do not need to be in the centre sharing yam

Even with a Yoruba man in the centre as Obasanjo he withheld Lagos state allocation and Tinubu thrived.

The Yoruba are the ones sincere about restructuring

Controlling the FG has only helped politicians' pockets not their people.
All this talk about presidency is just for show . The real issue that is not up for discussion is cementing the economic dominance of the SW
Seaport in Lekki and another one in Badagry
Lagos Ibadan rail
Lekki FTZ

That is the koko

Lagos is becoming overcrowded and we need to spill over the goodies into Ogun in a strategic way

3 Likes

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Sleekfingers: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2018
Na so southwest collected money from that mumu ex president called Jonathan....

Atiku should bring his money too... Yeye

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by WORLDPEACE(m): 3:51pm On Dec 29, 2018
tunjijones:
I really want Atiku to win the election. Not because atiku is a better person wen compared to Buhari but because I want this to serve as a precedence for our politicians. If you dnt do well after four years you wld be voted out.

By then we can say we really have true democracy.

Wasn't precedence set already in 2015 when Jonathan was voted out. Abi person fit get two precedence?
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by AmeLonRo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2018
Every region is paramount.
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by Postboiswag(m): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2018
BafanaBafana:

Osinbajo

1 Like

Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by porthouse7(f): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2018
Bede2u:

dat amala politics don dey determine winners of all election since we return to democracy
Re: South West Will Determine Winner Of Presidential Election - PDP Chieftain by obembet(f): 4:11pm On Dec 29, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I won't touch your pant I swear

I be small pikin wey dey wear pant. Asewo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Constituents Tackle Two Abia Senators For Sabotaging Electronic Transmission / Off-Cycle Elections: Members Ask Labor Party Chairman, Abure To Step-Down / Nigerian Oil Output Plunges to 20-Year Low as Attacks Mount-Bloomberg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.