Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? (4660 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / contract Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 10, 2010
popico:

I bliv dat contract marriage can work here in 9ja, not necessarily because of d money attarched to it or because of d tribs in question. It's jusgt somthing of d mind.
Some women prefer independent life likewise some men, so in this situation under good understanding and arrangement it can work for people like this.
well said.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Okijajuju1(m): 12:41am On Aug 10, 2010
Yes it can O!!

Money for hand, Pikin for ground.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Tcrack(m): 3:04am On Aug 10, 2010
tlops:

that will not work in nigeria oh, even if the lady agrees in the begining, she will stay put after 3 kids. Even if you pay her off, she'll be back as soon as the money finish, but I dont understand why one will prefer that (i mean wt children).

Contract without children still sounds more like a "contract", as soon as children don enter, that one nah "marriage" be that,
Lai lai. it will never work. not in naija where family bond is very strong. besides, do you know what it is like for a mother to leave 3 children behind AND NEVER LOOK BACK? if all goes well, it will take at least 5 years to have three kids. you want someone to throw away 5 years of her life and her 3 children for your miserable 3 million naira? Sometimes, i wonder the way some of us think.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:40am On Aug 10, 2010
Tcrack:

Lai lai. it will never work. not in naija where family bond is very strong. besides, do you know what it is like for a mother to leave 3 children behind AND NEVER LOOK BACK? if all goes well, it will take at least 5 years to have three kids. you want someone to throw away 5 years of her life and her 3 children for your miserable 3 million naira? Sometimes, i wonder the way some of us think.

i will make it 10 million
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Akosbaba(m): 6:16am On Aug 10, 2010
Contract marriage ke?nibo?.kojo
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by pat077: 6:56am On Aug 10, 2010
Guys bcareful coz if she feels comfortable she go bcom etteh. no more contract, she go use juju 4 u way be say u go see lagos u go think say na uyo u dey. Dis is africa
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by invisible2(m): 7:41am On Aug 10, 2010
At 10 mil, you can find some willing women.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Cmiller(m): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2010
E go workooooooo,no b contract.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Ranoscky(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2010
Everything all of una go put am for naija head as if Nigeria is somhm else.

Som folks r even sayin dat nothin naija gurls cannot do b'cos of money. if u put it dat way den, who started d marriage contract of of a thing? is it nigerian gurls? is it not whyt gurls? dey dat started it, r dey not doin it for money? or r dey doin it for free? now, a topic came up in NL, talkin about "contract marraige in nigeria", n y'all saw it as somhm else, talkin trash about nigerian gurls. Let me tell u guy's somhm. (True story, no joke!) I'v watched a "blu-film" (indecency movie, mojo) wia som whyt protitute gurls eat "shyt." ya! "shyt", n don't mis-understand me wen i say dey eat "shyt" for i know what i'm talkin about! (Dont think im talkin trash buh, im tellin u nottin buh d HEAVENLY truth). d most disgustin part i saw was, a gurl sat down in a room with her mouth open, n a guy came in n shyt direct in her mouth. (can u imagine d non-sence) Now, such enterainin movie (lyk u guys will see it b'cos dey'r whyt gurls), R dey not doin it for d sake of money? or r dey doin it for fun? y'all should leave naija gurls alone abeg, everybody with em lyf. (mind u, im talkin about doz dat said naija gurls can do anythin b'cos of money) if u feel dat u have 24inchs c0rk, u can go n start acting blu-film, it's nobody's problem buh urs! Na u get ur lyf so, any naija gurl dat feels to go on contract marraige with another man, best of luck to her den!
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by twindude: 4:22pm On Aug 10, 2010
example;
peter of P square grin grin grin grin
and omolola grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by chiozor: 4:52pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

esp when money is involved.

Thing is, the woman would be the one to suffer.

^^^ how would a woman suffer
@poster
you are not current, it is already happening in Naija, I have seen 2 cases of that. the woman is paid 150k and taken care of throughout the pregancy, she delivers, hand over the baby to the man and move, this is no nollywood, it is life and direct.
many men are thinking in that direction if you don't know, they will pay a girl, she delivers and move, he will take the child to his mum in the vilage to take care for him, i am dead serious and that is the height of women liberation going on now, we shall see
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2010
chiozor:

^^^ how would a woman suffer
@poster
you are not current, it is already happening in Naija, I have seen 2 cases of that. the woman is paid 150k and taken care of throughout the pregancy, she delivers, hand over the baby to the man and move, this is no nollywood, it is life and direct.
many men are thinking in that direction if you don't know, they will pay a girl, she delivers and move, he will take the child to his mum in the vilage to take care for him, i am dead serious and that is the height of women liberation going on now, we shall see

Are you trying to deny the fact tht women suffer from society scrutiny and judgment more than men?

At first, "bear me 3 kids and I'll give you millions" might not seem so tough, but a woman tends to form some kind of emotional attachment to the man and her children, making it hard to let go.

And you're confusing "womb for sale" with the topic. . . .we're talking about actual marriage here. Marry me, give me children and leave? or is the poster confused? undecided
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 10, 2010
Plz i dont mean pickn anybody frm the streat. It should b somebody of my class or close 2 my class.somebody i admire.we would hav 2 live together, do and behave like husband n wife.it's a legal marriage sometyms without money.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 10, 2010
kenis:

Plz i dont mean pickn anybody frm the streat. It should b somebody of my class or close 2 my class.somebody i admire.we would hav 2 live together, do and behave like husband n wife.it's a legal marriage sometyms without money.
If you admire someone, why would you subject her to a marriage contract? To play with her mind/emotions, waiting for the day the contract would be over so she can fight off society scrutiny by herself? How in Jehovah's name is that admiration?

And good luck trying to find a NIGERIAN WOMAN that would expose herself to all these without an exchange of money.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2010
@ ileka
this is nt new in some countries.it could be one kid or without kid.what is defrent is the limitation. Both can decide to stick 2 each other and have fun 4 a limited tym.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 10, 2010
kenis:

@ ileka
this is nt new in some countries.it could be one kid or without kid.what is defrent is the limitation. Both can decide to stick 2 each other and have fun 4 a limited tym.

Yea, just because it's not new does not dissolved my previous opinionated post.

Are you looking to get into a marital contract? Good luck o
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by kobikwelu(m): 7:37pm On Aug 12, 2010
nothing is impossible especially when money is involved, MORE ESPECIALLY in a country like nigeria where materialism has thrown decency out the window,

what matters is/are the details of the contract
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by jerryben12: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
Lol, hard to say. Not in our culture but will work.
Re: Will Contract Marriage Work In Nigeria? by BeatriceM1(f): 3:58pm On Jul 11, 2022
Y'all don't even understand the contract marriage. For me, contract marriage is like 'married but living single' just to avoid 'he or she is 40 and not married'. It doesn't necessarily mean you need to have kids together... Let's just get married and continue living out lives. We can date anybody �

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Takes Pictures Of His Wife Privates Parts, To See If She Had Sex At Churc / A Mail From My Husband / Help Me, I Am Not Sexually Attracted To My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.