Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC (9965 Views)

Appeal Court Restores Owan Enoh As Cross River APC Governorship Candidate / Court Sacks John Owan-Enoh As Cross River APC Governorship Candidate / Buhari Presents Ndoma As 'Governorship Candidate' Instead Of Owan Enoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by OEPHIUS(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2018

The governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress APC, Senator John Owan-Enoh on Saturday stormed the streets of Calabar with an unprecedented length of motorcade made up of supporters, parading the flag and party insignias, singing songs and chanting party slogan.

Owan-Enoh who was handed the party flag the previous day by the National leadership of the party as the authentic candidate of the party over Pastor Usani Usani, the Minister for Niger Delta who has been contending the governorship ticket of the party, was accompanied in the motorcade rally round and into the hinterland of the Calabar South local government area by his running mate, Ntufam Ekpo Okon.

They both received cheers and expression of acceptance from many residents who came out of their homes to catch a glimpse of the APC candidate who had supporters sharing information leaflets and flyers carrying some of his programmes and agenda when elected into office.

Some of the streets taken were, Main-Avenue, Inyang street, Afokang street, Imman street, Edibe-edibe street, Calabar road through the Watt Market into the Murtala Muhammad highway; then branched into Old Odukpani road to Ikot Efa road into old parliamentary road and Marian road extension before returning to the Campaign secretariat along Barracks road in Calabar.

Speaking with some newsmen after the motorcade rally, Owan gave reasons why Cross River State, currently under the Peoples’ Democratic Party PDP administration, will rather vote APC in 2019.

On why the people in Cross River State should vote APC and vote President Muhammadu Buhari in 2019, he responded thus; “For our country as it is today, we cannot make a mistake to change the leadership at the national level.”

“Our country; if it was let to continue to go on that trajectory of the kind of massive corruption that attended the country, it could get to a point that the country cannot work anymore.”

“And that the credentials of President Muhammadu Buhari even in terms of integrity alone and the fight against corruption, even in terms of how much its protected our territory, even in terms of works going on across the state, I think that there is great need for us to join the rest of the country to be part of the national agenda of the APC administration”.

More so, “because in 2019, this government (of President Buhari) is going to be re-elected; what do we want as a state? Do we want to go back to PDP and the national government is APC? No!”

“I think that, on and on, after every four years of the former PDP administration, the leadership of our state then, kept saying that we cannot afford to get out of the national picture, now is the time to say that to all Cross Riverians, that in 2019 Cross River cannot afford to vote another party when the APC is still going to win at the national level”.

He also gave reasons for embarking on the motorcade rally and his experience on the streets as he went along.

His words, “I feel the fact that the people of the state actually want change, and I can imagine how much of their time we have been taking.

“I am glad about the event which held in Uyo where I was given the party’s flag; I did not think it mattered as much, but increasingly, every moment I appreciated how much it has mattered to the people and they thought we should celebrate these.”

“That is why we stepped out and I am glad about the reaction that I found in the field as we drove around. I will get back home now, even more, challenged by the fact that the people need a change and we have to provide them that change in the state.”

http://www.themedianonline.com/en/index.php/9-news/496-owan-enoh-storms-streets-of-calabar-gives-reason-cross-river-state-will-vote-apc

1 Like

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Oweku: 1:17pm On Dec 30, 2018
Remember my fellow youth.. NO SHI SHI FOR BRIBE..

That song sweet pass honey...Many politicians will not like it...

Meanwhile get a browser that pays you for browsing the Internet.. Its free
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by hisgrace090: 1:18pm On Dec 30, 2018
OK!
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by ItzBIM(m): 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2018
The people that destroyed your past can’t guarantee your future.

Let’s take it back now, enough of this old generation.

If you like nairaland delete this one too

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by domopps(m): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2018
Who else noticed that DOG CARE ACADEMY in the picture...

Calabar people I hail una oo #team404

Cheers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by nelronaldo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
domopps:

Cheers
Lool. I did. Them too like dog
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by maestroferddi: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
The fact that Owan Enoh will lose embarrassingly is not in doubt.

He has close to zero presence in Southern Cross River...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
domopps:

Cheers
grin grin grin grin grin grin. 404 is sweat
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by babatrigga(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
Fatal Accident Along Afikpo Road In Ebonyi State, 4 Months Old Child Saved(photos)

https://www.basenaija.com/2018/12/fatal-accident-along-afikpo-road-in.html
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by brainpulse: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
This election will be interesting, no monies from the national purse for PDP to campaign. And Peter itu lie Obi is not ready to release his retirement monies for campaign

2 Likes

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by cocobuter: 1:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
Go Into Your Room And Lock Everywhere Before Watching This Video >>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqZ0LoHbmVg&itct=CIMBEKQwIhMImLaO3MnD3wIVB3PgCh0Xswr1MgljNC1mZWVkLXVaGFVDNnMzMjlCR0RxaXFYVmNVN3YxaDVzUQ%3D%3D&hl=en&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2018
Calabar una welldone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by godfatherx: 1:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
asuustrike1:
Calabar una welldone
grin dog care indeed
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by mids(m): 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
D look on his face is like...hw life now, u dey trek and me dey motor

God punish use throway politicians
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 30, 2018
godfatherx:
grin dog care indeed
grin grin grin
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 30, 2018
Correct man
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by gidos91(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2018
the chances of this man winning his elections are are going down by the day. his inability to distinguish between his friends and enemies is a minus.

his Modus operandi is so strange and its going to cost him a lot.
the recent defection of Chief Bulem, Vena & thousands of supporters should tell him something is wrong somewhere..

few months to elections, nothing is happening simply because the people saddle with the responsibility r not his friends and were not there from the beginning.

unless he plans to rig the elections, which is practically impossible, he is not going. to win.

he better wake up,
reconsider his steps,
reorganize his structures,
engage those who can help him win elections not those who want his money

Or...

i rest my case

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by 77up(m): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2018
APC is bar kiss

Buhari issa goal cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by senatordave1(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
maestroferddi:
The fact that Owan Enoh will lose embarrassingly is not in doubt.

He has close to zero presence in Southern Cross River...

You liar.it is even where he has the strongest influence.the efiks of the south hate ayade.ekpo okon his running mate controls the voting pattern of the south coupled with the widespread popularity of prince otu.ayade will likely lose and if he wins,it will be narrowly.
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by senatordave1(m): 2:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
gidos91:
the chances of this man winning his elections are are going down by the day. his inability to distinguish between his friends and enemies is a minus.

the recent defection of Chief Bulem, Vena & thousands of supporters should tell him something is wrong somewhere..

few months to elections, nothing is happening simply because the people saddle with the responsibility r not his friends and were not there from the beginning.

unless he plans to rig the elections, which is practically impossible, he is not going. to win.

he better wake up,
reconsider his steps,

Or...

i rest my case

Toe to toe,owan is stronger than ayade.his main problem is the division of the apc state structure.majority of the people hate ayade already.this is going to be the most toughest election in the state since 1999.most of those campaigning for ayade are from his local govt and are using only the zoning policy of the Pdp to campaign to show you that he has no achievements.apc dominates the central and southern districts.if card readers are strictly used with no incidents forms,shade will struggle to win more than 5 lgas.
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
Who saw those he was waving at because I didn't?

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by maestroferddi: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2018
senatordave1:

You liar.it is even where he has the strongest influence.the efiks of the south hate ayade.ekpo okon his running mate controls the voting pattern of the south coupled with the widespread popularity of prince otu.ayade will likely lose and if he wins,it will be narrowly.
You must be a serious joker to suggest that Owan Enoh is popular in South Cross River who would be producing the next governor in 2023...

Owan Enoh garners up to 20 percent of total votes cast, he would consider himself a factor in the state.

There is no contest here...Even Owan Enoh knows he is wasting his time...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by maestroferddi: 2:36pm On Dec 30, 2018
A man who couldnt control the party machinery in his state is talking of winning an election...

May we get the position Usani Uguru Usani, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, and his APC faction as per Owan Enoh's bid?
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by rame18(f): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
Free and fair elections in cross river state and John wins, he beats that short man in achievements. Ayade the vision less governor.
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by maestroferddi: 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2018
gidos91:

he better wake up,
reconsider his steps,

Or...

i rest my case

He knows he is swimming against the tide and wouldnt want to incur more financial losses...

He got himself on a no-win situation by comimg out at a very wrong tme...

Cross River politics is controlled by the South senatorial district who would be jostling for the governorship in 2023...

Owan Enoh is on the road that leads nowhere...

His candidature is a non-issue...

2 Likes

Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by Tchalz(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2018
Keep deceiving yourself

senatordave1:

Toe to toe,owan is stronger than ayade.his main problem is the division of the apc state structure.majority of the people hate ayade already.this is going to be the most toughest election in the state since 1999.most of those campaigning for ayade are from his local govt and are using only the zoning policy of the Pdp to campaign to show you that he has no achievements.apc dominates the central and southern districts.if card readers are strictly used with no incidents forms,shade will struggle to win more than 5 lgas.
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by gidos91(m): 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2018
lol
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by gidos91(m): 6:05pm On Dec 30, 2018
senatordave1:

b4 now, this was true. but at the moment, thee number of his enemies is rapidly rising especially now that he has decided to engage those who cannot even win a pooling unit in their ward and abandoned those who worked and stood by him b4 and after the primaries.

Chief Bulem left with plenty of APC supporters to PDP, Vena did same
and as we speak ryt now, countless number of APC members from Obudu, Obanliku, Yala and ogoja are preparing to leave.

let him not forget. Jedy Agba made same mistake thinking Goodluck Jonathan will prepare the grounds for him, and he lost to this same Ayade.

let him do de needful or accept the result when he sees it.
Re: Owan-enoh Storms Streets Of Calabar, Gives Reason Cross River Will Vote APC by jdAgba(m): 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2018
Owan is failure personified.

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Final Forfeiture Of ₦284 Million Belonging To Ex-Gov Yari To FG / Kano Spends N1.5bn Monthly On School Feeding – Ganduje / Atiku On The Reported Registration Of New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.