Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Why Is Nigeria So Violent? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Why Is Nigeria So Violent? (1047 Views)

My Girlfrend Is The Finest In Nigeria So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by guyman2(m): 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2007
The violence in Nigeria is assuming an unmanageable degree. Over 60 people were reportedly killed during Saturday’s polls. The Niger Delta Area is the worst with incessant hostage takings and bombings. Thank God America is safe and I’m happy to be here. When will Nigeria be as safe as America? It’s a sad situation.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 17, 2007
You are the biggest fool I have ever come across. Why not shut your system down, take the next available flight to Nigeria and find out why. For your information, America is more violent and unsafe than my beloved country Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by guyman2(m): 2:06pm On Apr 17, 2007
Have you forgotten so soon the spate of violence ranging from Religious wars to the hostage takings of the Niger Deltans? I think you are the fool here.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 17, 2007
This may interest you guyman, I don't want to begin with 9/11. I want to paint a clearer picture for you to judge. In your God's own country, Branch Davidians, Students of the Seven Seals was a group founded by David Koresh out of Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1942. Its doomsday theory anticipated a major battle when Christ comes back to earth. Thus when 76 heavily armed officers of the American Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) visited them in 1993 in Waco, Texas, they saw the invasion as the start of the Battle of Armageddon. After the initial battle, 51-day siege and the final battle, 81 members and 4 ATF agents lost their lives.

One group that really shook the world was The Peoples Temple founded by Rev. Jim Jones. After facing harassment in the US, the group moved to Jonestown, Guyana where they set up an agricultural commune. The group's philosophy evolved from a social gospel that preached human freedom, equality and love to what they later called Translation, a belief that all members must die together in order to move to another planet for a life of bliss. In November 1978, this group murdered a US Congressman, Leo Ryan, and four members of his entourage following which the group embarked on mass suicide and murder that claimed the lives of 914 members. Perhaps, I can see how violent free and safe your America is.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by Creamish(f): 3:34pm On Apr 17, 2007
soo much for the safety in america *rollz eyez*

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/04/16/wshooting116.xml

dat link reveals d recent killings in america
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 17, 2007
guyman2:

The violence in Nigeria is assuming an unmanageable degree. Over 60 people were reportedly killed during Saturday’s polls. The Niger Delta Area is the worst with incessant hostage takings and bombings. Thank God America is safe and I’m happy to be here. When will Nigeria be as safe as America? It’s a sad situation.

Why are you so daft? You mean you live in America and are not aware that just yesterday a student killed 32 students at a university in Virginia before turning the gun on himslef. People leave home in anticipation of violence.

Futhermore, Heaven's Gate which was founded by Marshall Applewhite in your so called God's own country, had 37 of their members commit suicide in 1997. They regarded their bodies as mere containers of their souls. Theirs was a curious mix of Christianity and unusual belief in UFO. Their suicide mission was seen as a journey to the next plane of blissful existence.

In a similar incident,Solar Temple founded by Luc Jouret in 1977 was a form of Christianity mixed with New-Age philosophy, homeopathic medicine and high finance. Their leader, Jouret, believed he was Christ. Believing the world was coming to an end and the need not to be part of the apocalypse, a total of 43 of their members transited voluntarily or by force in 1994 in a well-coordinated international suicide enterprise.

[size=15pt]WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ALL THIS VIOLENT INCIDENTS IN THE USA?[/size]
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by Creamish(f): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2007
Abeg--every country has its own good and bad and i dont think therez a model country anywhere so accept urs and try to make a positive change! cool
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by DewDrop(f): 3:42pm On Apr 17, 2007
[center]I will bet more than anything that after the smoke clears-
someone will come out blaming his parents/ teachers etc for not recognizing the 'warning signs',
because he was 'deeply troubled'.
Nigeria/US- violence is everywhere!
Ugandan police are killing protesters
Drug cartels are feuding in Mexico
It's tough to live anywhere in the world now-a-days huh?
It's God that keeps us safe.
Don't ever forget to thank God for his protection.
cool
[/center]
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by Creamish(f): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2007
my point exactly!
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by IBDat(m): 8:34pm On Apr 17, 2007
@guyman2 - that is a redundant statement you've made. Yes i can understand yo level of worry and corncern, but thruth be told safety is not previledged to anyone individual. As DewDrop mentioned every Country has it's own limitations and issues, even the UK has it's muggings and stabbings as for you being safe in America - you would actually feel the same way if you lived in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by outlaws(m): 6:43am On Apr 22, 2007
cool
Why is Nigeria so violent?
Is this question funny or just stupid?
Thread starter you need to grow up fast.
Re: Why Is Nigeria So Violent? by ifyalways(f): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2012
Nigeria is violent cos of fooools like you
guyman2: The violence in Nigeria is assuming an unmanageable degree. Over 60 people were reportedly killed during Saturday’s polls. The Niger Delta Area is the worst with incessant hostage takings and bombings. Thank God America is safe and I’m happy to be here. When will Nigeria be as safe as America? It’s a sad situation.

(1) (Reply)

How I Met A Girl Who Went Crazy In Love With Me, True Life Story. / Just Got The Shock Of My Life / I Need A Female Friend Who Loves To Travel Internationally 08100392181

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.