Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,450 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:50 PM

Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye (1222 Views)

Kogi Guber: Gov. Adeleke Leads 120-Member Campaign Team For Melaye(pics) / How Security Agents Hunting For IPOB Killed Unarmed People In Enugu - PUNCH / No Automatic Ticket For Melaye And Other Candidates --- Kogi West PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by Mandesz(m): 9:31pm On Dec 30, 2018
By Thomas Anyaele.

Facts have emerged as to the real reasons why the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Kpotun Idris has ordered a crackdown on the Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye.

SARS operatives are currently laying siege on Melaye’s Maitama residence in Abuja since mid-day Friday on a mission to arrest him over allegation murder attempt on a police officer in Kogi state in July this year.

But the lawmaker, who is out of Abuja, said he will answer the police invitation next week in Abuja and not Lokoja, where there is threat to his life.

Sources at the headquarters of the Nigeria Police confided in this reporter that the vocal lawmaker is being hunted for punishment over his last-standing grouse with the Kogi state governor, Yahaya Bello.

A top police officer who does not want his name mentioned told our reporter how the plot to “eliminate” Melaye was hatched at a meeting in the Maitama residence of Senator Smart Adeyemi – Melaye’s political arch rival.

According to the source, those present at the meeting included Adeyemi himself, a representative from the office of the Vice President, ADC to Governor Bello, chief security officer to the IGP, Chief of Staff to the Kogi governor Edwarf Onoja, and Security Adviser to the governor, one Rtd Commander Omodara.

He said the main objective of the meeting was to fashion out a plan on how to take Senator Melaye out of circulation through elimination or detention on trumped up charges in order rule him out of the electioneering campaigns and the 2019 elections.

“You know the PDP presidential campaign rally will take place in Lokoja on January 6, 2018. The governor doesn’t want to see him attend the rally. So, if he is arrested on the ground that he attmepted to kill one of our officers, a judge has been prepared to remand him in prison till after the new year and even the elections.

“Honestly, this is politics but it is not something some of us, who are not happy with the IG’s approach, will come out to say. Let those people I mentioned at the meeting openly come out to deny the plot against Dino Melaye,” he added.

Recall that Melaye had few days ago raised the alarm over an alleged plot by the IGP to kill him through a lethal injection.

www.kogireports.com/real-reasons-police-are-hunting-for-melaye/

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by Mandesz(m): 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2018
cc. Lalasticla, myndd44

oya, Dino matter na hot cake. let's go front page..

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by harrymahn: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2018
When was last the Police cracked down on any APC member's home plz?

3 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by yarimo(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2018
Nonsense write up from PDP online paid agents , been vocal doesn't qualified you to be immune from arrest or investigation.
Mandesz:
By Thomas Anyaele.

Facts have emerged as to the real reasons why the Inspector-General of Police (IGP) Ibrahim Kpotun Idris has ordered a crackdown on the Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye.

SARS operatives are currently laying siege on Melaye’s Maitama residence in Abuja since mid-day Friday on a mission to arrest him over allegation murder attempt on a police officer in Kogi state in July this year.

But the lawmaker, who is out of Abuja, said he will answer the police invitation next week in Abuja and not Lokoja, where there is threat to his life.

Sources at the headquarters of the Nigeria Police confided in this reporter that the vocal lawmaker is being hunted for punishment over his last-standing grouse with the Kogi state governor, Yahaya Bello.

A top police officer who does not want his name mentioned told our reporter how the plot to “eliminate” Melaye was hatched at a meeting in the Maitama residence of Senator Smart Adeyemi – Melaye’s political arch rival.

According to the source, those present at the meeting included Adeyemi himself, a representative from the office of the Vice President, ADC to Governor Bello, chief security officer to the IGP, Chief of Staff to the Kogi governor Edwarf Onoja, and Security Adviser to the governor, one Rtd Commander Omodara.

He said the main objective of the meeting was to fashion out a plan on how to take Senator Melaye out of circulation through elimination or detention on trumped up charges in order rule him out of the electioneering campaigns and the 2019 elections.

“You know the PDP presidential campaign rally will take place in Lokoja on January 6, 2018. The governor doesn’t want to see him attend the rally. So, if he is arrested on the ground that he attmepted to kill one of our officers, a judge has been prepared to remand him in prison till after the new year and even the elections.

“Honestly, this is politics but it is not something some of us, who are not happy with the IG’s approach, will come out to say. Let those people I mentioned at the meeting openly come out to deny the plot against Dino Melaye,” he added.

Recall that Melaye had few days ago raised the alarm over an alleged plot by the IGP to kill him through a lethal injection.

www.kogireports.com/real-reasons-police-are-hunting-for-melaye/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by Mandesz(m): 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2018
yarimo:
Nonsense write up from PDP online paid agents , been vocal doesn't qualified you to be immune from arrest or investigation.
you are right

3 Likes

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by RevenGeMission: 1:11am On Dec 31, 2018
Madnezs as OP monica states

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by punisha: 4:46am On Dec 31, 2018
All these night school goers that can't read a word properly.

RevenGeMission:
Madnezs as OP monica states

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by abu12: 5:29am On Dec 31, 2018
dino should face his problem, he betray faleke his brother because of selfish interest. Thinking he will be governor bello godfather, he place curse on whoever challenge governor bello will c the wrought of God and insult people on that day. Dino need to re-watch governor yahaya bello inuguration ceremony and judge himself.

Greed kills.

1 Like

Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by Nobody: 6:23am On Dec 31, 2018
I had thought Jonathan and Sambo were bad government.
Kneeling down and raising my hands: Dear Nigerians pls forgive me. I was one of those who supported APC in 2015.
Pls find it in your heart to forgive me.
O dear good Sambo and Jonathan forgive me too for the bad names I called you then. PDP forgive me. You gave us a Nigeria of my economic boom and liberty... we betrayed you guys because we wanted some more like Oliver.
Hei! Oluwa forgive!
Re: Real Reasons Police Are Hunting For Melaye by Mandesz(m): 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2019
dino has my vote on Saturday, whether in detention or not

(1) (Reply)

PDP Spokesperson, Buba Galadima Appears On Live TV Wearing APC Shirt (photos) / BREAKING: I Still Remain The CJN, Says Onoghen / APC Party Agent Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.