Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,745 members, 7,851,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:52 PM

Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? (460 Views)

Let's Join Hands And Make Nigeria Good Again / Vice President Osinbajo Working Virtually For Nigeria’s Good / Osinbajo Working Virtually For Nigeria's Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by Uduakuduakobong(m): 12:31am On Dec 31, 2018
Nigeria is a great nation, with a great people. Amongst nations and countries, republics, etc, we are one of the blessed.
However, there are certain questions and deep thoughts needed to be asked and pondered on.
1) How did we come together?
2) Are we really a definition of a 'nation'!
3) what was Britain's plan(s) for us
4) How big is Nigeria?
5) If the principle of equality is observed in this nation, why celebrate three tribes out of the hundreds available?
6) What is/are Nigeria's greatest problems?

Proffering answers to the above questions and some not listed above, will help us understand the kinda journey we're into.

Nigeria, like most nations of the world, is a community of people, mostly strangers with different beliefs, background and culture, brought together by their colonial masters - My Definition.

Calling Nigeria a Republic actually sounds beta and more genuine that using the 'nation' word.
A nation is formed by concession, and some other reasons, say, for protection, etc. But if I may ask, since I wasn't alive in 1914, did the northern protectorate, better still, the northern people, fully agreed, without compulsion or ignorance to join the southern, Eastern or Western Nigeria?
Were these people willing to become one Nation?

The British had their plans for bringing us together. This plan(s) I can say, weren't too conspicous for our ancient men.

Let me leave the other questions for those who would view this thread.

However, judging from the fact that so much damages had been done to this nation, some of which seems unrepairable, should the nation split? Should we all go our seperate places?
Please, do not consider these as hate speech.
Even if we call for a referendum and a review of on the nation's unity, would it be good for a 'division' or a 'stay'?

My words are these?
Let's save our generations yet unborn, the stress of building another Republic. Straightening out the issues of ethnicity and religion will go a long way into keeping the Nigerian Dream alive!

Imagine this;
If we were to split this nation, I can boldly tell you that Biafra wouldn't be the only protege of our nation Nigeria.
The Hausas will never want to co-exist solely with the Fulanis. Therefore, two countries may emerge only from the north and even more, because those of the middle belt may want to run for their life and exist alone.

Edo-Delta may be lost completely either to a new South-western Nigeria or a new country called 'Tamuno', by the Ijaws or to Biafra. They may be at loose ends.

And of course, 'Akwa-Cross' nation will be birthed, because they wouldn't wanna become a minority in Biafra, the same way other tribes are minority to WAZOBIA; esp the 'WA' and 'ZO'.
These are but a few of what may evolve and a can say undoubtedly that many of those new nations may fall face down to the ground, even after filling the ground with blood.
Inter-nation wars will be heightened because we would still share borders. So many things may collapse completely.

So my people, let's save ourselves and our generations the stress and uncertainty of backing out out our fatherland. Together we can fight for Nigeria to stand and stand tall. We can make her great again.
Let's change our attitude. We are one people, maybe not by tribe, location, religion, culture, belief system, judgement, etc, but by Creation.

NEITHER SPLITTING NOR DIVISION IS AN OPTION!
Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by NSNA: 12:35am On Dec 31, 2018
Absolutely Good, Nigeria should be split along natural culture and language line.
Even Britain that created Nigeria has 4 nations namely, English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh. They have different government, police, money etc.

Nigeria is dragging behind because of this unnatural Union.

You can imagine a Yoruba or Igbo nation. Things will be much more organised.

At the moment if Nigeria adds Somalia to itself you can imagine the drag back.

That is precisely what is happening at the moment to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by RevenGeMission: 1:38am On Dec 31, 2018
NSNA:
Absolutely Good, Nigeria should be split along natural culture and language line.
Even Britain that created Nigeria has 4 nations namely, English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh. They have different government, police, money etc.

Amd its called United Kindgom with one Prime minister , one currency and one queen

brain must be itching you
Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by Oweku: 1:41am On Dec 31, 2018
When boss it depends... Total restructuring will be fine by me...

As in let all the state take full responsibility of their natural resources, security, atc and pay 10% to the federal government..

Meanwhile get a Google chrome browser that pays you for browsing the Internet.. Its free. Just click on my signature below
Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by nonen(m): 1:45am On Dec 31, 2018
Separation will be the best choice in the light of the many unthinkable and unimaginable differences tearing us apart. I confess that separation will be easier for Nigeria than true federalism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by ipobarecriminals: 1:59am On Dec 31, 2018
whoever/ whatever wan break dis kontri shall be broken
Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by conductor121: 2:05am On Dec 31, 2018
[s]
ipobarecriminals:
whoever/ whatever wan break dis kontri shall be broken
[/s]. Spineless Afonja thief

Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by wowcatty: 5:07am On Dec 31, 2018
Splitting will be the best thing to happen to the nations within Nigeria but the parasites among us are scared to death to be on their own.

And to your other questions on why we came together

When the English left we had regional govts and within 9 years Yoruba had built first of many social amenities. We had free healthcare and education, with Awolowo paying 5 shillings for minimum wage when Igbos and Fulani leaders couldn't afford to pay even 3 shillings to their own people. When igbos and fulani saw the prosperity in Yorubaland, they use their number in the army to stage coup and suspend the self-rule, forcing everyone to come together, since they had no wealth of their own and can't build any. Nigeria is an illegal country forced together and it's a matter of time before it comes crashing down. We have no business being together, we are too different. We don't even have the same value system. We are looking for who to help us drop 5 bombs on 5 locations in Lagos so the parasites can go home, we are tired. No one consulted Yoruba, we were brought together with parasitic aliens at gunpoint against our will. Yorubaland is occupied and liberation is near.

If we can get bombs on the Lagos Int airport, Lagos Stock Exchange, Apapa and Tincan ports, Nigeria is over. I can see me speaking only Yoruba to all the Obafemi Awolowo airport staff and not worry about some barking strange language in my ears.

Nigeria is the worst thing to ever happen to Yoruba. We have all our people in the americas who want to come to Yorubaland to pay homage to the only empirical majesty Alaafin Oyo and the spiritual father Ooni, but they can't because of Nigeria factor., we are missing out on all this tourist dollars because of some hopeless parasites.

1 Like

Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by wowcatty: 5:47am On Dec 31, 2018
No! Not that fast!! Black man and dishonesty!

The regions within United kingdom are called Welsh, Irish Scottish and English. Only the foreigners call themselves British. The regions of United kingdom represent themselves in games overseas. The pound spent in N. Ireland and Scotland is different from the pound in England and Wales. During a USCIS oath ceremony, I saw a man who said his nationality was Welsh ( I thought how cool to always say Yoruba when I'm asked the same thing). They also police their own regions, These regions have separate arm guards. These regions are also together by choice not force according to their referendums. All these are polar opposite of what we have in Nigeria. And by the way, money generated from every region is reinvested back to the region and not taken somewhere else.
RevenGeMission:

Amd its called United Kindgom with one Prime minister , one currency and one queen

brain must be itching you
Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by awgumayor: 6:34am On Dec 31, 2018
wowcatty:
Splitting will be the best thing to happen to the nations within Nigeria but the parasites among us are scared to death to be on their own.

And to your other questions on why we came together

When the English left we had regional govts and within 9 years Yoruba had built first of many social amenities. We had free healthcare and education, with Awolowo paying 5 shillings for minimum wage when Igbos and Fulani leaders couldn't afford to pay even 3 shillings to their own people. When igbos and fulani saw the prosperity in Yorubaland, they use their number in the army to stage coup and suspend the self-rule, forcing everyone to come together, since they had no wealth of their own and can't build any. Nigeria is an illegal country forced together and it's a matter of time before it comes crashing down. We have no business being together, we are too different. We don't even have the same value system. We are looking for who to help us drop 5 bombs on 5 locations in Lagos so the parasites can go home, we are tired. No one consulted Yoruba, we were brought together with parasitic alien at gunpoint against our will. Yorubaland is occupied and liberation is near.

If we can get bombs on the Lagos Int airport, Lagos Stock Exchange, Apapa and Tincan ports, Nigeria is over. I can see me speaking only Yoruba to all the Obafemi Awolowo airport staff and not worry about some barking strange language in my ears.

Nigeria is the worst thing to ever happen to Yoruba. We have all our people in americas who want to come to Yorubaland to homage but they can't because of Nigeria factor., we are losing all this tourist dollars because of parasites
" when igbos and fulani saw the prosperity in yorubaland, they use their number in the army to stage a coup". You should mind how you peddle lies, this is internet age what you wrote today can be red in future. By the way, who wrote "why we struck"?

1 Like

Re: Spliting Nigeria; Good Or Bad Choice? by wowcatty: 6:46am On Dec 31, 2018
Why then did you suspend the regional govt and still running from going back to it if you could do anything on your own? You know you can't be anything without Yorubaland. You know regional govt will expose you for what you really are, parasitic criminals that is. You will leave Yorubaland kicking and screaming. What exactly did you come to Nigeria with? Nothing! Your father came to Nigeria empty handed to fleece Yoruba and you think it's going to be that way forever? You can stay and fight to lose your lives after we take out the cash cow in our region.
awgumayor:
" when igbos and fulani saw the prosperity in yorubaland, they use their number in the army to stage a coup". You should mind how you peddle lies, this is internet age what you wrote today can be red in future. By the way, who wrote "why we struck"?

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Sets Up Campaign Team For Buhari [FULL LIST] / INEC: Buhari’s Niece, Amina Zakari To Announce 2019 Presidential Results / Please Support Me!! I Won’t Disappoint The Youths When Elected.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.