Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Shouldnt We Change Our National Anthem? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shouldnt We Change Our National Anthem? (964 Views)

Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant / See What Amaechi Did While The National Anthem Was Being Recited... / Even If PDP Shows Video Of Tinubu/Buhari Robbing CBN, It Won't Change Our Minds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shouldnt We Change Our National Anthem? by yemooffa(m): 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2010
I think the second stanza of the nigerian anthem is more applicable to the current state of affairs in nigeria
and should be adopted as the main one because the way things are going, we really need the GOD of Creation to attend to our case.

OH GOD OF CREATION DIRECT OUR NOBLE CAUSE

GUIDE OUR LEADERS RIGHT (they dont seem to know anything)

HELP OUR YOUTHS THE TRUTH TO KNOW (let them stop kidnapping,armed robbery,cultism and the like)

IN LOVE AND HONESTY TO GROW AND LIVING JUST AND TRUE (senators n other politicians u dey hear?)

GREAT LOFTY HEIGHTS ATTAINED

dear God plzzz help us
TO BUILD A NATION WHERE PEACE AND JUSTISCE SHALL REIGN (currently this is like a tall order)
Re: Shouldnt We Change Our National Anthem? by AceJam: 2:43am On Aug 08, 2010
I bet you most of our big men do not know that the national anthem has a second stanza which is a prayer to God for help to the nation. One thing I observed is that the prayer therein is so rich and all encompassing. I wonder why during official gathering they will ask a christian and muslim to pray (leaving out the traditional worshippers) instead of reciting the stanza 2 of the national anthem. I think our leaders need to be told to adopt stanza 2 of the national anthem as the official prayer during occasions.

(1) (Reply)

Fake MEND Threatens Goodluck's Campaign! / Phillip Emeagwali, A Hero Or A Fraud? / Aregbesola Talks Tough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.