Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:22 PM

Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season (102764 Views)

Is It True That Polaris Bank Services Have Been Restored? / Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Polaris Bank: Skye Bank Changes Name On Twitter And Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 04, 2019
Witlee:

Bros I no lie Ooo ask anybody way day use the bank,bank way network fit no day for a week
Chai..
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by mozona(m): 4:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
holiday don past, the next one is still far
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by peterobosa: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2019
Thank you to my bank Polaris Bank.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by peterobosa: 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hahaha.

Bizmagnet:
Nice tips to prevent the works of agents of Logo Benz this year.
Check my siggy for your website/blog/software.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Kaykerry(m): 11:19am On Jan 07, 2019
This tips are not just useful during holiday seasons, it is an everyday thing for me. I hate queues!
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Kaykerry(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2019
It's like you like stress... This online method saves you a lot of stress
mozona:
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:22am On Jan 07, 2019
wikido:
The festive season is usually synonymous with endless queues at ATMs and the banking halls around the country, and the quickest fix to avert these scenarios is to consider online banking.

With these tips, you can be safer when performing your financial transactions via an ATM, a mobile app, an internet portal, or other digital means. Let’s dive right in!

1. Avoid clicking on links click on links from untrusted sources to visit your account, instead visit www.polarisbanklimited.com directly by typing it into your web browser.

2. Make sure a web page is secure when entering any personal data. A secured page's URL will start with https:// instead of http://. If this is not seen, all data is not secure, and anything you enter into the page could be intercepted and read by someone else.

3. Polaris Bank will never request for you to send personal information such as passwords over email or text. Never send your username, password, PIN, account information, debit card numbers, etc.

4. Be cautious where you log into your bank. Ensure no one is watching. Look around your surroundings and ensure you have adequate private. Also, avoid logging in from public computers such as in internet cafes, where you would not have control over hardware security.

5. Create a strong password that cannot be easily hacked. The best way to achieve this is by making it long and a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. Remember never to write your passwords down and never you the same password for multiple accounts.

6. Set up account notifications so that you are quickly alerted of any irregularities and suspicious activities on your account.

Great Tips

Let's Get Nigeria Working Again

Vote Atiku
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Techm8: 11:23am On Jan 07, 2019
Number 1 and 6 are most important...nice tips OP.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2019
We also need 6 Tips to unseat Buhari
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Techm8: 11:25am On Jan 07, 2019
mozona:
It's not just applicable to holiday season, logo Benz guys work all thru the year not just holiday seasons. Be guided grin
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by dollarspender: 11:25am On Jan 07, 2019
I met someone who removed alert because of 4 naira SMS bank charges... Till they would wipe the whole account, she no go know!
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by madamgrace: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2019
Cutefergieee:
FTC of the year 2019.. It can only get better going forward... Grateful Heart,
This space is not for sale..
Thank you
How much is FTC worth?
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by dollarspender: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2019
Those guys they fear me... But I trust my bank sha... Dem secure die
Techm8:

It's not just applicable to holiday season, logo Benz guys work all thru the year not just holiday seasons. Be guided grin
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Ennyholar: 11:27am On Jan 07, 2019
Brilliant piece from the OP and it's coming at a time when saving it paramount.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by madamgrace: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2019
dollarspender:
I met someone who removed alert because of 4 naira SMS bank charges... Till they would wipe the whole account, she no go know!
You must be kidding
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Ennyholar: 11:29am On Jan 07, 2019
mozona:
Most people are still in the mood, so the tips are still very useful.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by iPhonebabe: 11:31am On Jan 07, 2019
Great tips OP
Number 6 is importanter
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Penaldo: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2019
Great! all Banks should emulate them to arrest the sad tale of fraud on customers
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Penaldo: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2019
Ennyholar:

Most people are still in the mood, so the tips are still very useful.
True that.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by iPhonebabe: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2019
dollarspender:

Who removes SMS alert.
You better advice the person to restore it to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Abdstrakt(m): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2019
admax:
Which holiday? Someone just woke up from their slumber right?
Look well, the thread was created December 31st.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Abiodunspectre(m): 11:36am On Jan 07, 2019
wikido:
The festive season is usually synonymous with endless queues at ATMs and the banking halls around the country, and the quickest fix to avert these scenarios is to consider online banking.

With these tips, you can be safer when performing your financial transactions via an ATM, a mobile app, an internet portal, or other digital means. Let’s dive right in!

1. Avoid clicking on links click on links from untrusted sources to visit your account, instead visit www.polarisbanklimited.com directly by typing it into your web browser.

2. Make sure a web page is secure when entering any personal data. A secured page's URL will start with https:// instead of http://. If this is not seen, all data is not secure, and anything you enter into the page could be intercepted and read by someone else.

3. Polaris Bank will never request for you to send personal information such as passwords over email or text. Never send your username, password, PIN, account information, debit card numbers, etc.

4. Be cautious where you log into your bank. Ensure no one is watching. Look around your surroundings and ensure you have adequate private. Also, avoid logging in from public computers such as in internet cafes, where you would not have control over hardware security.

5. Create a strong password that cannot be easily hacked. The best way to achieve this is by making it long and a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. Remember never to write your passwords down and never you the same password for multiple accounts.

6. Set up account notifications so that you are quickly alerted of any irregularities and suspicious activities on your account.

Number one is key
I always avoid links from unknown website, Identity theft is now rampant.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by popefuse(m): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2019
Is it just me or has anyone else ever noticed Polaris Bank's customer service experience is one of the best in the country .. Nice one Polaris, Nigerians need all the pampering we can get grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Abdstrakt(m): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2019
iPhonebabe:

Who removes SMS alert.
You better advice the person to restore it to avoid stories that touch.
Sometimes I get as much as 1.5k SMS bill from my bank and I get tempted to remove SMS alert and just manage email alert, but I rarely check email, so I gave myself sense grin
SMS alert is super important
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Abiodunspectre(m): 11:38am On Jan 07, 2019
KingLennon:
Festive period? grin Can sum1 tell polaris bank that it is New year 2019...

Some people are still on break, so we can't blame them.
Whereas the tips can be adopted even on normal days.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by psoul12: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2019
Rebranding is good and I believe this bank will come back strong.
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by psoul12: 11:40am On Jan 07, 2019
popefuse:
Is it just me or has anyone else ever noticed Polaris Bank's customer service experience is one of the best in the country .. Nice one Polaris, Nigerians need all the pampering we can get grin

Yes, I current enjoying that with the bank
Re: Polaris Bank - 6 Tips To Help You Keep Your Money Safe This Holiday Season by Realboygenius(m): 11:40am On Jan 07, 2019
Abdstrakt:

Sometimes I get as much as 1.5k SMS bill from my bank and I get tempted to remove SMS alert and just manage email alert, but I rarely check email, so I gave myself sense grin
SMS alert is super important

No matter the temptations
My brother don't remove sms alertm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Otedola Buys 3 Ferrari Portofino For His 3 Daughters - DJ Cuppy, Temi, Tolani / How I Am Earning $30 Daily Using Paidverts(step By Step Guide) / Wedding Of Adama Indimi And Prince Malik Ado Ibrahim (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.