Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians (11863 Views)

Buhari’s New Year Speech Shows He Has Conceded Defeat -pdp...says Mr. President / Full Text Of Ambode's World Press Conference (Video) / Buhari New Media Center (BNMC) Launched (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Muttee: 6:15pm On Dec 31, 2018

President Muhammadu Buhari has welcomed Nigerians into the New Year.

Buhari assured Nigerians that the year 2019 will be significant for the country.

Full text below:

“ It is my utmost pleasure to rejoice with all Nigerians as we enter the year 2019, which will be a very significant one for our country.

2. At the turn of every year, we often use the opportunity to look back at the past and forward to the future. To review the outgoing year, its high and low points, successes and failures, and be fully thankful to God.

3. We Nigerians are a religious people, and we believe that God reigns and rules in the affairs of men. A time like this offers precious opportunity for thanksgiving, stock taking and reflection on goals and targets set for the receding year, and how much was accomplished. The ones not done can then be rolled over into a new year.

4. The dawn of a New Year is also a time to look forward. To consider new prospects, unfold our plans, and prepare for landmark dates and events.

5. 2019 will be an election year for us. In about two months, the polls are due, and we will elect leaders into various offices, at national and state levels.

6. As I welcome you into 2019, I also reiterate my many promises and declarations that the general elections will be free, fair and credible.

7. Elections need not be do or die affair, and we should not approach that eventuality in a democracy with trepidation and mortal fear. Happily, a large number of presidential candidates have committed to peace, and peace we shall have.

8. Those who continue to trumpet falsehood and negativity are on their own, fighting a losing battle. The greater number of Nigerians are trusting and believing that we shall deliver on our promises for a level playing field at the polls, and that is what we shall do.

9. Nigerians desire peace, security, prosperity, inclusiveness and infrastructural development, a nation they can be proud of, a country that can hold its own among the nations.

10. That is the journey we have embarked on since we came onboard in 2015, and we are not distracted as we move on. We are resolved to build a country in which the resources are utilized for the benefit of the largest number, and not appropriated by a privileged few in their never ending quest to satisfy their greed. We are on this mission together, and I assure you of a firm commitment to the ideals of a safe, secure, fair, just and prosperous country.

11. We have had our challenges: security, economic, political, social. But we are resolved to combat and overcome them all.

12. I appreciate your support and collaboration in previous years, and look forward to same in 2019, and beyond, as I hope you will renew the mandate you overwhelmingly gave us in 2015, for another term.

13. We are motivated by nothing other than service to motherland, and service without selfishness or personal interest.

14. I can assure you all that we are making steady and sustainable progress in all areas of national life. Those who are unbiased can see and appreciate the progress the country has made since 2015.

14. A New Year provides opportunity for renewal of commitment, and I invite you to rededicate yourselves to the vision of a Nigeria that works for all.

15. We are moving from potentials to actualization, and it’s a task to be accomplished by us all; man, woman, young, old, military, civilian, all Nigerians.
Please come along, as we journey to the land of our dreams. Happy 2019.

17. Thank you and God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://all-gists..com/2018/12/2019-full-text-of-buharis-new-year-message-to-nigerians.html

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
Smile4daddy:

Karma is real.

Whatever you wish Nigeria and our President, I leave you into the hand of Karma.
>

contigiency:

As long as the misfortune will begin from your side, no problem.

sad

Yall are so dumb and ignorant. I envy you because maybe you do not know what hardship is. People are suffering, the country is not basking in its full glory and yall are simply doing ethnocentric politics, it is a shame. It is evident by my comment i meant he would lose the elections and so it would be a bad year for him. Whats wrong with stating how exactlt i feel? God would not let me suffer more than i have this 2019. God bless you all. I want Positive vibes this year else.

Well, I dont think the new year would be a happy one for you sir.

Regardless, Thank you.

Signed.
Nigerians in diaspora.

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by festacman(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
Happy New Year! MAIGASKIYA
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2018

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by IamD18: 6:41pm On Dec 31, 2018
A man who is scared of debating can never write this kind of message on his own.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by delkuf(m): 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2018
I just pray it free and fair as you've said. Because I see you losing, if the election is free, fair and credible

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by chiunlimited(m): 10:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
I am obediently Aticulated for the new year.

Let's get Nigeria working again in 2019..

My PVC is ready.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Racoon(m): 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2018
14. I can assure you all that we are making steady and sustainable progress in all areas of national life. Those who are unbiased can see and appreciate the progress the country has made since 2015.
Statements like this tends to make me believe the Jibrin propaganda.This is an insult on the lives being lost to the BH carnage & lies Buhari govt have been obsessing Nigerians with.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/boko-haram-seizes-6-borno-towns.html

https://punchng.com/residents-flee-as-boko-haram-takes-over-borno-communities/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by NigerDeltan(m): 11:00pm On Dec 31, 2018
very empty and lack substance, sounds like an hate speech

12 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by PassingShot(m): 4:51am On Jan 01, 2019
Idiotic Pigs of Biafra and frustrated Atikulooted brains spam every thread to spread lies, propaganda and bile in the hope a fugitive will smell Aso Rock. We are used to their online ranting and expression of frustration since 2014. It hasn’t translated to any success for them and it won’t translate to any joy for them in feBuhari 16th.

8. Those who continue to trumpet falsehood and negativity are on their own, fighting a losing battle.. The greater number of Nigerians are trusting and believing that we shall deliver on our promises for a level playing field at the polls, and that is what we shall do.

Atiku and Atikulooted brains are indeed fighting a lost battle. See jab grin grin grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by chiefolododo(m): 4:58am On Jan 01, 2019
You will be going back to Sudan this year.

7 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by clapbest(m): 5:00am On Jan 01, 2019
Let's just get Nigeria working again

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by hansomb: 5:03am On Jan 01, 2019
God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:04am On Jan 01, 2019
Hope he knows, he will be going back to Daura on a donkey in 5 months time.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Boscojugunu(m): 5:11am On Jan 01, 2019
Call me 08025968323 and wish me a happy new year
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Osyabj: 5:17am On Jan 01, 2019
IamD18:
A man who is scared of debating can never write this kind of message on his own.

Scared of debating? The only party/person afraid of REAL debate are GEJ/PDP

In 2011 Jonathan / pdp ran away from real debate because NN24 was going to ask GEJ about his looting spree.

If the international fugitive thief, Atiku knows that BON will ask him about his looting spree and why the US Senate indicted him for $40m money laundering charges, he will not be eager to attend their debate.

So Buhari should stay away from BON useless debate.

Watch serious 2011 NN24 debate and see who and which Party ran away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyX8EjlDLA

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by ImperialYoruba: 5:23am On Jan 01, 2019
Very positive message.

Happy New Year, Mr President.

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by ipobarecriminals: 5:24am On Jan 01, 2019
cool To all strangers, immigrants, pigs N Idiot.s,Happy new y3ar

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:25am On Jan 01, 2019
Happy new year[sup][/sup]

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 01, 2019
delkuf:
I just pray it free and fair as you've said. Because I see you losing, if the election is free, fair and credible

In that case you need to have your eyesight rechecked
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by contigiency(m): 5:27am On Jan 01, 2019
NoGender:
angry

Regardless, Thank you.

Signed.
Nigerians in diaspora.

As long as the misfortune will begin from your side, no problem.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by hatchy(f): 5:30am On Jan 01, 2019
Osyabj:

Scared of debating? The only party/person afraid of REAL debate are GEJ/PDP

In 2011 Jonathan / pdp ran away from real debate because NN24 was going to ask GEJ about his looting spree.

If the international fugitive thief, Atiku knows that BON will ask him about his looting spree and why the US Senate indicted him for $40m money laundering charges, he will not be eager to attend their debate.

So Buhari should stay away from BON useless debate.

Watch serious 2011 NN24 debate and see who and which Party ran away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyX8EjlDLA
From your post one can deduce how stewp!d and f00lish you are.

Continue.... don't ever realise we are in a new year.

Zombified mumu.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by FunctionX(m): 5:52am On Jan 01, 2019
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by jchioma: 6:04am On Jan 01, 2019
I appreciate your support and collaboration in previous years, and look forward to same in 2019, and beyond, as I hope you will renew the mandate you overwhelmingly gave us in 2015, for another term.

Never again!!!

Our mumu don do!
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by dansokoto1(m): 6:09am On Jan 01, 2019
buhari should go and Bleep himself
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by JJBROS(m): 6:10am On Jan 01, 2019
Has Buhari made any reasonable promise for Nigerians from the above speech?
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by straighttalk(m): 6:11am On Jan 01, 2019
Our Assurance
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by chukwunedum150(m): 6:12am On Jan 01, 2019
chiunlimited:
I am obediently Aticulated for the new year.

Let's get Nigeria working again in 2019..

My PVC is ready.
sorry yours wouldnt count

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by omowumi9: 6:20am On Jan 01, 2019
NoGender:
angry

Regardless, Thank you.

Signed.
Nigerians in diaspora.

Haba!
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by 34webers(m): 6:21am On Jan 01, 2019
PassingShot:
Idiotic Pigs of Biafra and frustrated Atikulooted brains spam every thread to spread lies, propaganda and bile in the hope a fugitive will smell Aso Rock. We are used to their online ranting and expression of frustration since 2014. It hasn’t translated to any success for them and it won’t translate to any joy for them in feBuhari 16th.

Atiku and Atikulooted brains are indeed fighting a lost battle. See jab grin grin grin
Lol.
Baba don drop another one for the pigs and idiots. The 4 plus 4 sign lasted for 2 weeks, maybe this one should take them another 2 weeks. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by Smile4daddy(m): 6:24am On Jan 01, 2019
NoGender:
angry

Regardless, Thank you.

Signed.
Nigerians in diaspora.
Karma is real.

Whatever you wish Nigeria and our President, I leave you into the hand of Karma.
Re: 2019: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians by bigdot1759(m): 6:25am On Jan 01, 2019
NoGender:
angry

Regardless, Thank you.

Signed.
Nigerians in diaspora.
hmmm

Only God know d kind of orientation you'll give ur children. I pity ur future .........

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rep Member Tunji-ojo Empowers Constituents, Appoints 221 Additional Aides / Kukah: No One Can Force You As A Christians To Vote One Way Or The Other / Shameful Photos Inside The Forest Of Italy Lies sexworkers Who Are Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.