Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Vehicle Steering Conversion - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle Steering Conversion (1537 Views)

My Peugeot 505 V6 New XN1A Engine Conversion Project / GM To Release Cars With No Steering Wheel In 2019 (pics) / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vehicle Steering Conversion by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 01, 2019
Hi everyone’
Pls’would like to know if it’s possible to convert a vehicle
Steering, from right hand drive to left hand steering
In Nigeria.and if you know any location anywhere
In Nigeria pls don’t hesitate to let me know thanks
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Kewtt: 12:56am On Jan 01, 2019
Tooka666:
Hi everyone’
Very possible. What car model are you looking at?
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Lexusgs430: 3:20am On Jan 01, 2019
Tooka666:
Hi everyone’

Erico2k2..... Over to you.....
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Lexusgs430: 3:22am On Jan 01, 2019
Tooka666:
Hi everyone’

https://www.nairaland.com/3241253/conversion-rhd-lhd-2012-range
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by erico2k2(m): 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tooka666:
Hi everyone’
Check the link lexusgs430 gave it's my conversion diaries.
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by MotorGuru: 4:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hello sir,

Any car can be converted, as long as it was designed from inception to have LHD and RHD configurations. Some cars are dated easy to convert( most European cars), while some are difficult , requiring the removal and replacement of the engine firewall bulkhead( Some Japanese brands), if you want to do it professionally.

What car are we talking about here sir?

Motorguru
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 03, 2019
Kewtt:

Very possible. What car model are you looking at?
ifiniti m35 2007, or Mazda 3 2010 and I really don’t know if I can find the complete available parts needed for car conversion in the Nigeria market.
but’i read some articles on the internet, about a car conversion. Based on what what I read the experience
After conversion is not too good, it’s very scary. I’m a little bit worried
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by nurey(m): 12:35pm On Jan 04, 2019
Tooka666:
ifiniti m35 2007, or Mazda 3 2010 and I really don’t know if I can find the complete available parts needed for car conversion in the Nigeria market.
but’i read some articles on the internet, about a car conversion. Based on what what I read the experience

It can be converted and would cost much especially that infiniti, you can't even cut corners for that one cause it would be glaring no trick except done by the books.

both have the LHD variant just go to spare parts market and confirm price of needed parts then follow a qualifies technician to do it.

I never knew a RHD M35 exist only seen the G35 skyline with the 2.5L engine in RHD form
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Lexusgs430: 12:55pm On Jan 04, 2019
Tooka666:

Then why not just buy an original LHD vehicle?
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
Lexusgs430:

No, that'd make too much sense and we don't use logic around here.

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by weyreypey: 1:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
not worth it.

Tooka666:
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 05, 2019
nurey:

It can be converted and would cost much especially that infiniti, you can't even cut corners for that one cause it would be glaring no trick except done by the books.

both have the LHD variant just go to spare parts market and confirm price of needed parts then follow a qualifies technician to do it.

I never knew a RHD M35 exist only seen the G35 skyline with the 2.5L engine in RHD form
bro I appreciate your kindness. M35 is the same as Nissan fuga in Japan
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Readonee35L(m): 1:59am On Jan 05, 2019
nurey:

A rhd M35 exists
Its called the nissan fuga .
I actually see one around me this days.
It's a silver fuga already converted it spots a 2.5L v6 .
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 05, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Yes I will try to get LHD just to safe all those stress of conversion, actual these car are too good for me to let go off my eyes, just imagine 2013 2010 2011 Mazda 3 or 6 buying and shipping for about 3k dolls. Which is approximately 1m Naija naira. Imagine Nissan fuga which is known as ifiniti m35 is even the cheapest is about 700 to 800 dolls from 2007 to 08 models
Nissan dualis which is called Qashqai Bro I did my rough calculations at the end of the day I will pay for clearing roughly 3 to 400k naira or more then I will pay for conversion and the parts it might cost 3 to 400 k or more I believe there must be some minor expenses too
But
With all these rough estimate which is about 2m
my heart will still be shaking if they can convert properly or not Actually to convert here is better but it will cost roughly 3500 dollars which is 1.sumtin million naira.
My brain is working like clock now I traveled to nija oct 2018 came back dec 1st. Hoping to flex with my car I sent home in 2016. I find out my younger bro sold it out I know what dat sun can really do to someone without a drive. And these small small yahoo boys sef no let me see road them they oppress anywhere I enter these people no let me drink water put cup for ground sef. Even the women na strong eye we take they push Dey go. I was lucky to have a loaded pocket doe.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Tooka666:

Yes I will try to get LHD just to safe all those stress of conversion, actual these car are too good for me to let go off my eyes, just imagine 2013 2010 2011 Mazda 3 or 6 buying and shipping for about 3k dolls. Which is approximately 1m Naija naira. Imagine Nissan fuga which is known as ifiniti m35 is even the cheapest is about 700 to 800 dolls from 2007 to 08 models
Nissan dualis which is called Qashqai Bro I did my rough calculations at the end of the day I will pay for clearing roughly 3 to 400k naira or more then I will pay for conversion and the parts it might cost 3 to 400 k or more I believe there must be some minor expenses too
But
my heart will still be shaking if they can convert properly or not Actually to convert here is better but it will cost roughly 3500 dollars which is 1.sumtin million naira.
My brain is working like clock now I traveled to nija oct 2018 came back dec 1st. Hoping to flex with my car I sent home in 2016. I find out my younger bro sold it out I know what dat sun can really do to someone without a drive. And these small small yahoo boys sef no let me see road them they oppress anywhere I enter these people no let me drink water put cup for ground sef. Even the women na strong eye we take they push Dey go. I was lucky to have a loaded pocket doe.

grin grin grin grin
Where exactly you dey abeg?
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Lexusgs430: 12:00pm On Jan 05, 2019
Tooka666:

But

If you don't live with in Nigeria, no point keeping and owning a car in Nigeria.

It would simply just be a wasted investment (depending on how many times you travel to Nigeria, to justify vehicle ownership)

Loads of other options available, uber, taxify or self drive rentals........

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by nurey(m): 1:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
Tooka666:

But

If buying and shipping Nissan Fuga is 700k, clearing is 400k that's 1.1m, tokunbo is 3m+ here you and I are upto something.

Just buy the required LHD parts there and an extra exact brain box, yeah nissan strolls into code like it likes grin pack am inside the car and weld the doors shut if possible, clear the car and you just made converting easier for yourself

1 Like

Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
nurey:

If buying and shipping Nissan Fuga is 700k, clearing is 400k that's 1.1m, tokunbo is 3m+ here you and I are upto something.

Just buy the required LHD parts there and an extra exact brain box, yeah nissan strolls into code like it likes grin pack am inside the car and weld the doors shut if possible, clear the car and you just made converting easier for yourself

Ok thank you, I appreciate
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Readonee35L(m): 10:34pm On Jan 05, 2019
Tooka666:

But
2m will get you a LHD 2007 M35X
From america
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by HeavenlyBang(m): 1:44pm On Jan 06, 2019
Readonee35L:

From america

And a G of the same year?
Re: Vehicle Steering Conversion by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 07, 2019
Readonee35L:

From america
ok thanks for the information
I will walk towards that.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Tow My Car From Enugu To Lagos. / Car Mirror Protector For Raining Season / Toyota Muscle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.