Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views (50598 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by JAMSEE: 1:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
Secondly, not everyone has the faith.. It's like something came out of nothing. ONLY THE EXISTENCE OF AN INTELLIGENT BEING (GOD- ALL MIGHTY), CAN BEST EXPLAIN CREATION. IF YOU BELIEVE EVOLUTION, WHERE DID THE FIRST (ATOM) ELEMENT OF EVOLUTION ORIGINATE FROM; WITH LOVE, JOY, HATRED, AND GENERAL INTERDEPENDENCE OF CREATURES? MANY QUESTIONS STILL... WHERE DID GOD COME FROM? THAT'S A MYSTRY WE ARE YET TO TOTALLY GRASP. BUT THEN, WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE MADE; A FACT WE CANT REFUTE. THERE ARE MANY THINGS WE CANT EXPLAIN YET, BUT WE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT GOD WANTS US TO KNOW WITH TIME. TALKING OF HELL, WE CANT SAY THAT PRISONS AND EXECUTION OF CRIMINALS CAN PORTRAY A COUNTRY AS ONE WITHOUT LOVE. TO AVOID PRISON, THERE'S A RULE TO FOLLOW. TO AVOID HELL, THERE'S A RULE TO FOLLOW. JOHN 3:16....FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LLIFE. IT'S FREE. U DONT BUY IT. JUST IMAGIN A WORLD WITHOUT RULE.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by silent10(m): 1:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
Les:
I know Him personally not based on what I read or been told.
I think you should go check the meaning of personally
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by junnyjake(m): 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mainanalyst, i'd tell you a bit about myself, I've been sceptic about religion for some years now, and have still managed to keep an open mind when spirituality is concerned.

We live in a country where having a different opinion about religion is a crime, because we've been indoctrinated with sets of dogma that has made us act more programmable robots.

This has made me to try as much as I can to keep up appearances, attend church service every now and then, just to keep that social circle alive even though, those 2 hours may seem to be tortuous and unbearable, you wouldn't want an anti-christ stigma tag on your kids, so, if you love them enough, that might be a sacrifice you should make.

Your wife may never accept you with your new faith (never say never though), and if you find it unbearable to share same bed with her as a result of her detachment, you may have no option than to divorce her, and she takes the kids with her.

Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by youngdopeboy: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
my advice is...... is better to believe in the existence of God,,, die and realize there's no God than to believe there's no God,,,, only to die and realize truly there's God

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jalie(f): 1:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
i don't know how anyone will believe that there is no God. Yes the bible & Quran has a lot of contradiction that confuses me a lot but i believe there's a God both Muslims and Christians make reference to or can you explain how the spirit in you that speaks came to be and where it goes when you are dead?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by yankison(m): 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
loricara:

please give me connection

I have a Spain link .. 450k ..1 month visa � guaranteed
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by kolaish(m): 1:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:
How Do I Convince My Wife?

I was born into a Muslim family and raised as a muslim
Op, please don't deceive yourself or let anyone deceive you, the world was created by God, and that God has a standard. Many people are clinging to the religion of their parents and failing to find out if the religion meets God's standard. The truth is that God is a God of love when you keep to His standard and whenever you disobey there is always a punishment for it. Moses/Musa did not enter the promised land simply because of anger. What is happening today about terrorism is due to the fact that Abraham/Ibrahim did not wait till the appointed time of God and went on to sleep with his wife's slave to have a son (Ismael), the curse on the Ismael is what degenerated into modern day terrrorism.

These are not made up stories, but something that have been carefully documented some thousand years ago. Please take time to find out which religion to follow and pray over it. Heaven and hell is real. I wish you good luck in all your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Peacemaker5128: 1:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

Oh really,

Its Islam that has no contradictions, with your forced child marriage, terrorism, encouragement of slavery and illiteracy and backwardness and that will provide him clarity?

You must be a potential terrorist yourself.
you are Osu

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by ehinmowo: 1:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
stixz:

Well believe what you want to believe. In Islam, there is no forced child marriage, no terrorism, no encouragemention of slavery and illiteracy.
Child marriage - Islam encourages people to marry early so as to prevent fornication and the girls con sent is very essential
Terrorism- Islam says when you kill a man it's as if you have killed the whole mankind. And not beliving in Islam isn't a reason to kill another person because Allah said 'to you is your religion and them is their religion' he also said 'there is no compulsion in religion'

Slavery- in Islam if you free a slave you get a big reward in return

Illiteracy- the prophet said seek knowledge even if it is as far as the end of the world.

Because some people have decided to do evil under the umbrella of religion definitely does not mean that's what the religion teaches. I implore you to read the translation of the Qur'an and Hadith in your free time to know more.

One of these should be true then. Either you don't have accurate knowledge of what Islam truly stand for as a religion that suppoort violence, you were deceived in believing Islam is a religion of peace, the Islamic fanatics and terrorist don't have accurate knowledge of Islam as a religion of peace, the fanatics have wrong knowledge or you are bluntly denying what was written in Quaran or what was was written has allegorical meaning and interpretations that the fanatics are not getting. In all, fanatics of that religion has make it look as if God must be foolish or wicked for not converting everybody to Islam by himself. Or God is outrightly interested in killing for him.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Ojoibadan: 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life you are looking for. Seek the truth with all your heart and not any preconceived idea and the truth will be revealed to you. Going abroad will not give you peace that you are looking for. In the meantime continue to show love to your wife. Love always wins. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Kyngfarabale1(m): 1:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
ojoj:
Dear op,

We all have what we look at in the opposite sex before committing our lives in marriage. I am sure she would have been approached for marriage by other men in other religions. It's like promising one and at the end the peomise is not fulfilled. It's a betrayal...yes you have betrayed your wife! and she will never be happy with you. You have to come back to your religious self. Being atheist happens when one is not involving in religious activities. The reason why you are having a doubt about your religion is that you have ceased in engaging yourself in activites like asalau, listening to positive Islamic talks etc.
For you to come back, please start attending asalat program or look for any of these asalatu on Sundays and start attending, you will see that you will come back to the way she met you and she will be happy with you.
Stop listening to negative Islamic talks. Run away from negative friends. Please make your wife happy. You saw her like that before marrying her. Please don't let her down. All the best.
go to assalatu where they will loot all ur treasures
assalatu na scam as to church too
don't be deceived
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
And we begin 2019 with a more mumu post
Oga gaan oo
Mumuni follow nairaland mods enter 2019
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:
How Do I Convince My Wife?

How do I make her understand that I can be a good husband to her without having any religious beliefs ?

Actions speak louder than words, they say. Just be a good husband and take religion and all the talk about it off the table. Stay firm by what you believe and think and refrain from the urge to explain yourself. Be silent about all matters religious. Just do what you think you got to do to be a good husband and that's it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by bukason212(m): 1:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
One thing that is constant in life is change. Maybe your decision came as a shock to her. I believe with time she would understand and accept your views on religion. Just keep ur cool, although I don't share the same views with you, because I believe in this life, everybody needs spiritual protection, which some of the people you are looking up to are getting through evil powers. Ask politicians, world leaders, artists, celebrities etc
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by PeacenLove2: 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Very tough one here, OP.

My advice. Don't shove your "higher intellects" at her face or where you have friends and family that would wonder what devil possessed you and feel pity for your family.

She will learn to respect you if truly your new found beliefs have made you a better person.

Patience, brother. You seem like a good man. I wish you well.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Kyngfarabale1(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
youngdopeboy:
my advice is...... is better to believe in the existence of God,,, die and realize there's no God than to believe there's no God,,,, only to die and realize truly there's God
u r still saying dsame tin bro
church and assalatu r all scam
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Ubdavis(m): 1:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
If these two religious group never existed , that wouldn't have happened. I don't blame your wife, I blame those who brought these religious groups to cause enmity between us.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
abdullkabar:

100% correct
@Op, if u really love her as you claim, sacrifice a part of your free thinking for Islam (you will be amazed when you combine your free thinking to your religion)
By the way, religion isn't a prison (you are suppose to think)
I also got engrossed with free thinking but I had to keep myself in check.
Its all in your head (if u were born and bred in Saudi Arabia, u wouldn't have changed)
Its circumstance
Love your wife and your children
Your free thinking is trying to threaten your family, don't allow it. We control our thought, not them us
(Family is everything)

Note: It doesn't end here,your action will have positive or negative feedbacks. Weigh the options, is it worth it.
Keep your mind in check bro
Am advising you as a human to human (not religiously concerned)

You have given him advice from the perspective of a religiously inhibited person. Think free but stop if it reveals any inconsistencies in our religion. I understand, logic defies religion so you feel it threatens what you have come to know.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by perdollar(m): 2:01pm On Jan 01, 2019
boko haram wannabe

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Aiseko: 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hello mainanalyst,

Peace unto you brother. There is no doubt this period is a challenging time. You are not alone in this kind of situation, in fact only the angels have constant faith ( one that doesn't fluctuate). Even your wife has period of fluctuating faith!

And note that all humans face challenges/problems, this is irrespective of religious affiliations. And you know what, it is in the remembrance of Allah that hearts find peace. I live in the western world, do you know that despite the huge wealth and all the good things around, people are still yearning for something more? You can do your own research.. You can wonder why the rich and famous are commiting suicide... The heart is seriously missing something, and it is yearning for its creator.

You might have been born into Islam but I think you haven't really been convinced of its truth. Take your time to read this link:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/175339/evidence-for-the-validity-of-islam

It is not by chance that the religion people are reverting to the most is Islam. Islam provides answer to all your questions. You just need to ask, and when you want to ask, ask the people of knowledge..

Before concluding, do you know that even the underlying strength in the constitution of United States is the inclusion of God. Even the constitution as put in place by their founding fathers rely on swearing by God before holding office. This is to gurantee that the right thing will be done. The world is full of negative or evil energies, it is the faith in God that put us on right path. There is little I can say on here, do your own research. I know you are logical, find videos of Dr. Zakir Naik on proof Islam is right, Miracles and science in Quran, debates with atheists, debates with Christians, debates with Jews etc.

I pray God guide you right.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by GR8ST(m): 2:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Well, Mr OP. I think you can still salvage the situation, by adjusting to suit the need of your wife. Being a freethinker is often a plus, whenever we can tolerate and blend in with the societal view while still maintaining yours.

I have no marriage experience, but in my family, I appear to be a free thinker in the mist of persons who hold several religions offices. I was initially at loggerhead with them, until I discovered that I can perform all their religious rites without shifting on my stance.

The benefit? They see me as though I am practicing their religion as an average Christian, while I have ample time to learn more about their religious difference.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by ollah2: 2:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
ehinmowo:

One of these should be true then. Either you don't have accurate knowledge of what Islam truly stand for as a religion that suppoort violence, you were deceived in believing Islam is a religion of peace, the Islamic fanatics and terrorist don't have accurate knowledge of Islam as a religion of peace, the fanatics have wrong knowledge or you are bluntly denying what was written in Quaran or what was was written has allegorical meaning and interpretations that the fanatics are not getting. In all, fanatics of that religion has make it look as if God must be foolish or wicked for not converting everybody to Islam by himself. Or God is outrightly interested in killing for him.

2 Chronicles 15:13
But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death young or old, man or woman.

Luke 19:27

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 
“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery" 

EX 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows down Amalek and his people.
EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.
EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side,and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
EX 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay 3000 men.
LE 26:7-8 The Lord promises the Israelites that, if they are obedient, their enemies will "fall before your sword."
LE 26:22 "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children."

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by stixz(m): 2:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
ehinmowo:

Well none of it is true. I like the verses you cited and ill reply you with what I've said today before and what I've said to someone before on this forum, check my profile you will see it. Those verses you cited read the preceeding and suceeding verses to know what God was talking about. Just carry the translation and read, then come back here and we will talk further. And one question I'll ask you, the other miracles of the Qur'an why do you people ignore it? I mean there are stuffs said in the Qur'an revealed to Prophet S.A.W who never went to school and these stuffs weren't discovered by sciences until recently. Read the translation amd comment by top scholars and come back here sit. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by stixz(m): 2:19pm On Jan 01, 2019
Friend01:

This is the deviation some of your cling to ruin religious fundamentals.
Who said you shouldn't think or explore or even improve upon your existing knowledge of matters and materials -science.
Which religion tells you not to do that?

Just google 101 inventions and you will see what Muslim religious people contributed to science.
Read about Ibn al-haytham and Al-khwarizmi and even al-jabbar (who is the inventor or father of algebra ) all Muslims.
Even not for these Muslims scientist who shaped and remodelled scientific guidelines I guest people like Seun could not have designed Nairaland which all made of algorithm ascribed to Al-khwarizmi and al-jabbar.

Ignorant folks who have not really studied religion thinks religion is a problem of science whereas science is just and off shoot of religion.

Science and technology does not talk about ethics and human behaviour it only deal with matter and and elements and their workings.
stop mistaking the two.
Development in science is not the same as development in morals.

When both conflict faith take the higher ground.
I can't subject myself to human thinking which erratic (ever changing) to that of God's omniscient.
One will be definitely wrong and I know it can never be God's.
Right many Muslims are pioneers of many science concepts but people never talk about them. Ar Razi- Modern doctors can't even do without his books on medicine, Sahl al-Balkhi, Ali ibn Sahl Rabban al-Tabari. These guys are all pioneers in various fields. Yet some people will open their mouth and say Islam encourages illiteracy. Use your Google well and read wide please, it's necessary.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by sshyne(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2019
Les:
Any kids? Just checking out stuff that could tie you down in case you wanna leave.

Yes you might consider leaving for the sake of your life and sanity.

BTW, have you tried knowing Jesus personally?

And do you know Jesus personally?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Protein0: 2:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
diadem10:

The saying that Abraham was a muslim and that Ishmael was the promise child which are false. We all the Israelites aint muslims.

BTW, what Bokoharam is today was exactly what Mohammed was. He forced people into slaves, terrorised countries and was a sex pervert who raped many women. Lest I forget, he had a child as a wife.
The question is very clear chief, but you're miles away from it. He alleged contradictions, and I asked him to show me. Simple
Now compare this with ur post above. Any correlation??

Let me give you an example in the bible. Check the screenshots below
Bible said Jesus bear his cross in a part and in another part that a man was forced to bear it. Same Bible. Which should we take to be the correct? Or are both correct?
That's what a contradiction means.

I requested op to tell me of such in the quran as he alleged contradictions in religions' holy books, Islam inclusive

Now that I've explained the topic to you, can you please bring such contradictions in the quran too sir? I can give you more in the bible tho. So op was correct that the bible contradicted itself. Do you understand now?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by sshyne(m): 2:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
Time2Smile:

And what has the bold got to do with anything. Didn't you read where he said they are Muslims.? If he is struggling with accepting God existence despite his Islamic background, is it Christianity with its many contradictions, lack of genuine spirituality and excessive focus on worldly material wealth that will provide him clarity?

God bless you brother. It's better to be a Muslim or a freethinker than a Nigerian Christian.

Note- am a Christian But not a "Nigerian Christian"

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Shafiiimran99: 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:

Lol, I didn't listen to any negative talks about Islam
If you know my level of Faith before, you will know that no amount of negative talks about Islam can changed me.I just stopped losing interest in religions generally due to the division it has created among humans.
Secondly, not everyone has the faith to believe that Allah created the universe but no one created Allah. It's like something came out of nothing.
Additionally,I have asked many Islamic scholars some mind boggling questions and none of them have been able to provide convincing answers. I am not the type of dude that does something just because billions of humans on earth are doing it. In addition, if you truly understand science and see the beauty of science, you will get to know that religions generally are not sufficient enough to provide answers on human creation.

But hasn't Allah proved that he created everything and he is not created?

Are scientists not confirming what Allah says?

What are the questions that you said no has been able to answer?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Barfibassey(m): 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Les:
Any kids? Just checking out stuff that could tie you down in case you wanna leave.

BTW, have you tried knowing Jesus personally?
after that wetin go happen? will jesus come and tell his wife stop nagging ur husband
this is just a matter of understanding each other, respecting each others choice,

I have no problem with her religious views, sometimes when she is far asleep, I will wake her up in the morning to observe her solat.

Op respect her choice of religion but she fail to understand his.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Protein0: 2:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
jalie:
.. Yes the bible & Quran has a lot of contradiction that confuses me a lot..
kindly show me some contradictions in the Quran ma. Thanks
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Barfibassey(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
Shafiiimran99:
But hasn't Allah proved that he created everything and he is not created?

Are scientists not confirming what Allah says?

What are the questions that you said no has been able to answer?
tell me how do you know that Allah really exist?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by liricaliblunt(f): 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
Les:

BTW, have

you tried knowing Jesus personally?

Like seriously!!!! You had to sell the last line of your message to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Never Do To Your Wife. / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.