Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views (50600 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by leksite120(m): 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
pocohantas:

See how this creature insulted someone's wife and a whole religion because he wants to make a point.

And you ain't backward ba?

ur name defines u
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by abdullkabar(m): 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

You have given him advice from the perspective of a religiously inhibited person. Think free but stop if it reveals any inconsistencies in our religion. I understand, logic defies religion so you feel it threatens what you have come to know.
I didn't really get you, did you say the advice I gave is religious? Which I doubt is.
The places I mentioned anything concerning religion (Islam) were simply due to the fact that he is/was a Muslim.
Our thoughts are wild, verse, widespread. Its stimulated by so many things.
Imagine a Chinese man who was religiously inclined before but now has enlightenment due to their boom in science and technology, because of this now says he wants to divorce his family (the picture am trying to paint, may not be perfect for the scenario)
As a responsible married man, one got engraved with cheating and so think its better to chase his wife out to create enough chance to cheat)
Do you know for every idea/thought we have, there are different ideas in opposite or closely similar to that.
Do you know free thinkers are not under one umbrella, there are different categories of free thinking.
Not every idea or enlightenment that comes to mind is suppose to be executed.
(I know I have it all mixed up there)
Let me make it clear
Op has a sweet happy home, nice kids, beautiful wife and I guess is rich..he was opportuned to have a free thinkers enlightenment. But this enlightenment is threatening is family (which am sure at a time spent everything he had to create)
As someone stated, the human reasoning is not stable, op might just wake up tomorrow say na Buddhist him want be.
Since we can reason endlessly, we should be very careful of the actions we take.
Op hold your family, if its a sacrifice you have to make, make it
Cuz las las we go die, free thinker or no free thinker
The post by @ugjeks says it all
Enjoy your life, don't let one yeye enlightenment destroy what took you time to build. There are too much uncertainty in the world

I might just be saying rubbish
Na op life, anyhow him like make he do
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Barfibassey(m): 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
sshyne:

God bless you brother. It's better to be a Muslim or a freethinker than a Nigerian Christian.

Note- am a Christian But not a "Nigerian Christian"
my brother both the Christian and Muslim belong to the same route
extremist annoying always judgemental hadly use their brain to think of anything gud always condemning others mistakes, forgetting that their jesus came to die for their own mistakes
killing and bombing innocent souls causing unnecessary chaotic problems claiming that they're all fighting for Allah .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jesmond3945: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
Jonra:
Please explore the subject of comparative religions to get rid of this religious ambivalence.

well i wouldnt want to explore such because of the high chances of my argument lacking neutrality, subtle bias would be introduced instead of objectivity. I am not yet a liberal thinker.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Shafiiimran99: 2:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
Barfibassey:
tell me how do you know that Allah really exist?
54. Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He Istawa (rose over) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)! Qur'an 7.
And scientists too confirmed it. Allah says those things before scientists came
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:

Yes, there are kids.
Try to know Jesus ? By reading the book of talking snakes ? Truth is , if most of you take your time to read the contradictions in the holy books of Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christian, Judaism) , you will get to realise that they are just fairy tales.
That's why most developed countries have removed religious subjects from their curriculum and changed with it subjects on morality.

Mr. Man, your head is too correct!!!!
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Barfibassey(m): 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
abdullkabar:

I didn't really get you, did you say the advice I gave is religious? Which I doubt is.
The places I mentioned anything concerning religion (Islam) were simply due to the fact that he is/was a Muslim.
Imagine a Chinese man who was religiously inclined before but now has enlightenment due to their boom in science and technology, because of this now says he wants to divorce his family (the picture am trying to paint, may not be perfect for the scenario)
As a responsible married man, one got engraved with cheating and so think its better to chase his wife out to create enough chance to cheat)
Do you know for every idea/thought we have, there are different ideas in opposite or closely similar to that.
Do you know free thinkers are not under one umbrella, there are different categories of free thinking.
Let me make it clear
Op has a sweet happy home, nice kids, beautiful wife and I guess is rich..he was opportuned to have a free thinkers enlightenment. But this enlightenment is threatening is family (which am sure at a time spent everything he had to create)
As someone stated, the human reasoning is not stable, op might just wake up tomorrow say na Buddhist him want be.
Since we can reason endlessly, we should be very careful of the actions we take.
Enjoy your life, don't let one yeye enlightenment destroy what took you time to build. There are too much uncertainty in the world

nah beta talk
what Op wants is respect for each other view
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Barfibassey(m): 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
Shafiiimran99:

54. Indeed your Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in Six Days, and then He Istawa (rose over) the Throne (really in a manner that suits His Majesty). He brings the night as a cover over the day, seeking it rapidly, and (He created) the sun, the moon, the stars subjected to His Command. Surely, His is the Creation and Commandment. Blessed be Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists)! Qur'an 7.
And scientists too confirmed it. Allah says those things before scientists came

Mr you quoting the quran for me I want answer frm ur own view not from the quran use ur brain and mind.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by ttmax09(m): 3:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Time2Smile:

And what has the bold got to do with anything. Didn't you read where he said they are Muslims.? If he is struggling with accepting God existence despite his Islamic background, i[s]s it Christianity with its many contradictions, lack of genuine spirituality and excessive focus on worldly material wealth that will provide him clarity? [/s]
And where did u hear that christianity is focused on worldly material wealth. O i see u judging cos of the actions of some so called people right. Same tin wen we call islam a religion of war and terrorism u rebuke us saying we shouldn't judge based on actions of some. By the way i doubt if u really have met true Christians, all u ve bin seeing are just church goers. The bible standard has never changed and will never.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Hermes019: 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
youngdopeboy:
my advice is...... is better to believe in the existence of God,,, die and realize there's no God than to believe there's no God,,,, only to die and realize truly there's God
What if you believe in the Christian god and die to realize that the Muslim god is the true one ?,or vice versa (in case you are a Muslim)
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:

Lol, I didn't listen to any negative talks about Islam
If you know my level of Faith before, you will know that no amount of negative talks about Islam can changed me[b].I just stopped losing interest in religions[/b] generally due to the division it has created among humans.
Secondly, not everyone has the faith to believe that Allah created the universe but no one created Allah. It's like something came out of nothing.
Additionally,I have asked many Islamic scholars some mind boggling questions and none of them have been able to provide convincing answers. I am not the type of dude that does something just because billions of humans on earth are doing it. In addition, if you truly understand science and see the beauty of science, you will get to know that religions generally are not sufficient enough to provide answers on human creation.

Just to point out the bolded, that doesn't translate directly with the message you're trying to send

I stopped loosing interest...?

Think about it wink
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by mechanics(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
If you are neither a Muslim or a Christian, then you are a pagan, you should simply look for someone that will accept who you are, you can't force someone to buy your views when it's not scriptural.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Hermes019: 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
jalie:
i don't know how anyone will believe that there is no God. Yes the bible & Quran has a lot of contradiction that confuses me a lot but i believe there's a God both Muslims and Christians make reference to or can you explain how the spirit in you that speaks came to be and where it goes when you are dead?
One question for you,where was this "Spirit" before you were born ?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by diadem10: 3:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Protein0:

The question is very clear chief, but you're miles away from it. He alleged contradictions, and I asked him to show me. Simple

Let me give you an example in the bible. Check the screenshots below
Bible said Jesus bear his cross in a part and the other part that a man was forced to hear it. Same Bible. Which should we take to be the correct? Or are both correct?
That's what a contradiction means.

I requested op to tell me of such in the quran as he alleged contradictions in religions' holy books, Islam inclusive

Now that I've explained the topic to you, can you please bring such contradictions in the quran too sir? I can give you more in the bible tho. So op was correct that the bible contradicted itself. Do you understand now?
It all boils down to two Narrators. We would always have different narratives after every eye witness account afterall we are different individual.

BTW, we learnt that the disciples were scattered after Jesus was taken in. Hence, only few followed Jesus to his trial. John may not have witnessed the scene that included Simon the cyrene. Moreover, John stated in the last statement of his book that every act wasn't written because it would be too voluminous if he had tried. So we already knew it was the summary John gave to us.

That said, I posed my previous post to you to show you that Mohammed plaigarised the Bible. How could Abraham have been a Muslim when he was a Jew who practised cirmcumcision? Never mind the fact that Isaac was the only child that stayed with him, hence continued his father's act of worship whereas Haggai already took Ishmeal back to Egypt? Same Isaac beget Jacob who announced God's name as 'Jehovah'. So where is this Islam nonsense coming from?

The irony isn't lost on you muslims when you claim the bible is contradictory yet it was the same bible your Islam founder copied from.

We all know Mohammed wanted to erase the history of the Jews and claim it as his and that was why he attacked the Jews. What really pained me was how Mohammed and his cronies erased the rich Egyptian heritage. At least he told the truth for once before his last breath when he stated he didn't know where he would go and could descend to hell. Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
abdullkabar:

Let me make it clear

Why don't you just answer OP's question instead of playing the missionary? He didn't ask anyone to convert him back to Islam.

@bold
Yet in this utopian but tacky scenario where kids are only nice and wives only beautiful he is not allowed to think freely because most of you decided to not make proper use of your God given brains and instead follow some fairy tales that do not exist and never have. cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by abdullkabar(m): 3:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
Barfibassey:
nah beta talk
what Op wants is respect for each other view
@ugjeks said it already, she isn't there yet
He can choose to give her time or do otherwise
What will you have done?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by abdullkabar(m): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Mindfulness:

Why don't you just answer OP's question instead of playing the missionary? He didn't ask anyone to convert him back to Islam.

@bold
Yet in this utopian but tacky scenario where kids are only nice and wives only beautiful he is not allowed to think freely because most of you decided to not make proper use of your God given brains and instead follow some fairy tales that do not exist and never have. cheesy
Lolz, are you trying to play smart with me!!
Cuz there isn't any need, the choice is in his hand and for you too, the choice is yours
Life is free
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Shafiiimran99: 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Barfibassey:

Mr you quoting the quran for me I want answer frm ur own view not from the quran use ur brain and mind.
Nothing come from your brain and mind without reference so you have to base your view on something.

Allah discribed how he created us in QUR'AN when nobody has knowledge of it. Now, scientists came they carried recharge about it and the was the same with the Qur'an's discription...therefore, what else do you want to be believe Allah exist?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jalie(f): 3:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hermes019:

One question for you,where was this "Spirit" before you were born ?

i don't know. That's why i believe there must be a life beyond what we see, hence there is a God. if you know, you can educate me.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Protein0: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
diadem10:

It all boils down to two Narrators. We would always have different narratives after every eye witness account afterall we are different individual.

BTW, we learnt that the disciples were scattered after Jesus was taken in. Hence, only few followed Jesus to his trial. John may not have witnessed the scene that included Simon the cyrene. Moreover, John stated in the last statement of his book that every act wasn't written because it would be too voluminous if he had tried. So we already knew it was the summary John gave to us.

That said, I posed my previous post to you to show you that Mohammed plaigarised the Bible. How could Abraham have been a Muslim when he was a Jew who practised cirmcumcision? Never mind the fact that Isaac was the only child that stayed with him, hence continued his father's act of worship whereas Haggai already took Ishmeal back to Egypt? Same Isaac beget Jacob who announced God's name as 'Jehovah'. So where is this Islam nonsense coming from?

The irony isn't lost on you muslims when you claim the bible is contradictory yet it was the same bible your Islam founder copied from.

We all know Mohammed wanted to erase the history of the Jews and claim it as his and that was why he attacked the Jews. What really pained me was how Mohammed and his cronies erased the rich Egyptian heritage. At least he told the truth for once before his last breath when he stated he didn't know where he would go and could descend to hell. Yeye dey smell.
Something was constant in the two times you quoted me and not until you work on it, you do not deserve my further mention.

I join issues only with couth and civil individuals who can bring up issue based discussions without being vulgar. My subsequent silence on your quotes will be a reflection of the above sir. Thanks
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Hermes019: 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
Well Op I can relate to your condition although I'm not married but I recall how it went down with my parents when I initially left Christianity, we live together happily at the moment,but I try my best to be of good character to avoid them blaming any misdoing on my religious views.
My advice is that you continue to show her love and understanding, avoid letting anyone else know of ur religious views as it may cause her to be ashamed or mocked, I hope that you marriage doesn't end in divorce but if things don't work out well and you've tried your best don't feel too bad,such is life, separate amicably don't let your entire relationship with here be ruined,don't blame her though it could be very difficult for a religious person to have any close relationship with "heathens" like us yet they claim that there religion teaches love,peace and fairness,take a look at the comments most of them have been making,a lot of them can't come to terms with the fact that someone left their religion,it hurts their ego so badly,rather than profer advice to ur situation they would rather defend their religions and insist you are wrong for leaving.
Op I hope u keep us updated,I wish u the best
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Hermes019: 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
jalie:

i don't know. That's why i believe there must be a life beyond what we see, hence there is a God. if you know, you can educate me.
The difference between me and you is this
We ask the same questions,but you choose to believe things you make up by yourself,on the other hand I know that I as a human am of limited knowledge and still learning about the universe,I don't make up things to suit me the way I want,I understand that I may never get answers to some questions,or rather the answers I may get might be unsatisfactory or disappointing,so I don't bother myself filling gaps with things I cannot prove,I rather concentrate on living a happy life and leaving behind a good legacy,I was born in the late 20th century,it is not my reponsibilty to explain what happened eons before my existence
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 01, 2019
Les:
Any kids? Just checking out stuff that could tie you down in case you wanna leave.

Yes you might consider leaving for the sake of your life and sanity.

BTW, have you tried knowing Jesus personally?
Op don't try to know Jesus personally o, u will just enter another bondage like this guy and thousands of Nigeria.
I will tell u to give ur wife time and try to talk to her that u are still same you even now that u are irreligious,
Finally welcome to the light.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Preator: 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Let me talk once more.
When the mind gets enlightened, you get to understand that there are several inconsistencies in our religious texts. While "faith" is about believing that which you can not see, an adept and trained mind find it confusing to believe such tales like creation in 7days, origin of mankind, the age of the cosmos among other things.
Abrahamic religions will ask you to belief that earth is less than 7000 years old. Science has proved that its actually billions of years old. Now, most of us know about the effect of radioisotopes used in medicine. We may not understand it but we know that it can provide images of our body, be used to irradiate some cells inside and a host of other medical wonders. These are proven facts. However, when this technique is used to determine the age of our planet, we immediately balk at their submission. Why? Simply because our unverifiable religious text says otherwise.
That is the freethinkers dilemma, verifiable scientific facts against religious texts that calls other religious texts as false while providing unverifiable "truths" and fables.
But does that mean there is no God?
I don't think so. Not because the religious text but simply because I am a Nigerian and I've witnessed things beyond science. The black man's magic is real and verifiable. And its beyond science(at least for now). This shows that there is a realm where the natural laws of science do not hold true. I have been privilege to see someone shot with a gun(barechested) and no trauma. That is not physics.
Now, I am saying there is the supernatural. But which religious text is that of this supernatural being? Or are there many? Whichever path you choose, about 75% of the world will say you are on the wrong path and none can verify there claims scientifically. I think the traditionalist have a edge since the workings of the sect are there to be seen.

The other problem is that Abrahamic religions(especially Christianity) are now money making ventures full of scammers. Now, I am not saying that these religions are at fault but their followers now practice doctrines that are not preached in their texts. But can we blame the religion for the actions of its adherents? Why do Muslims kill and wage wars of terror where the Islamic laws of war forbids it? Why are pastors growing stupendously wealthy while claiming to have solutions to every worldly problem yet their members wallow in abject poverty, especially since the gospels shows these are not Christlike actions?

Now, I think I have confused you the more.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jan 01, 2019
Abdulhakeem78:
Mr Op sir! I would like you tell the kinds of books you had read concerning unrealistic aspect of Allah and His Noble Messenger.
The books were also read by others and nothing has happened to their religion. I used to call Socrates because Allah endowed me with the knowledge to understand Socratic method of elenchus. Sir! Let's do some critical reasoning to solve this problem.
A challenge to argue sir!!
All this imam can like argument, una nor get another work?
Person nor wan do again live him be.
No need for ur argument.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by OkunrinMeta: 3:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
ojoj:
Dear op,

We all have what we look at in the opposite sex before committing our lives in marriage. I am sure she would have been approached for marriage by other men in other religions. It's like promising one and at the end the peomise is not fulfilled. It's a betrayal...yes you have betrayed your wife! and she will never be happy with you. You have to come back to your religious self. Being atheist happens when one is not involving in religious activities. The reason why you are having a doubt about your religion is that you have ceased in engaging yourself in activites like asalau, listening to positive Islamic talks etc.
For you to come back, please start attending asalat program or look for any of these asalatu on Sundays and start attending, you will see that you will come back to the way she met you and she will be happy with you.
Stop listening to negative Islamic talks. Run away from negative friends. Please make your wife happy. You saw her like that before marrying her. Please don't let her down. All the best.

So religion is like Lagos Island that you can go to or "come back to" at will?

If you want to search for the truth, you will listen to the "asalat" And to other religios doctrines including free thinkers, agnostics or atheists, and then you can make a decision for yourself as an individual. Only those who would risk losing their lives would find it. Listening Only to what you've been taught since you were a child is how to remain in what you believe whether or not it is really true.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Preator: 3:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
By the way, the only unifying thing about all religious folks is that we think people like op are lost and eternally damned.
Why? Because our religious text say so. And we try to justify it by simply quoting that same text. Its ironic.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by diadem10: 3:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
JAMSEE:
Secondly, not everyone has the faith.. It's like something came out of nothing. ONLY THE EXISTENCE OF AN INTELLIGENT BEING (GOD- ALL MIGHTY), CAN BEST EXPLAIN CREATION. IF YOU BELIEVE EVOLUTION, WHERE DID THE FIRST (ATOM) ELEMENT OF EVOLUTION ORIGINATE FROM; WITH LOVE, JOY, HATRED, AND GENERAL INTERDEPENDENCE OF CREATURES? MANY QUESTIONS STILL... WHERE DID GOD COME FROM? THAT'S A MYSTRY WE ARE YET TO TOTALLY GRASP. BUT THEN, WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE MADE; A FACT WE CANT REFUTE. THERE ARE MANY THINGS WE CANT EXPLAIN YET, BUT WE WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT GOD WANTS US TO KNOW WITH TIME. TALKING OF HELL, WE CANT SAY THAT PRISONS AND EXECUTION OF CRIMINALS CAN PORTRAY A COUNTRY AS ONE WITHOUT LOVE. TO AVOID PRISON, THERE'S A RULE TO FOLLOW. TO AVOID HELL, THERE'S A RULE TO FOLLOW. JOHN 3:16....FOR GOD SO LOVE THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LLIFE. IT'S FREE. U DONT BUY IT. JUST IMAGIN A WORLD WITHOUT RULE.

Exactly. I was reading the the part which says let there be Light and something clicked in me.

Science already made us realise the world is made up of just two things namely: matter and light which support the Bible's theory of creation because the bible made us realise the earth was truly made of light and matter. Even human being is made up of these two things 'cos the soul was illuminated by God through his breath. No wonder the bible says whoever doesn't have the light in him, he's dead.

I also learned of one thing which is God is light hence everything that's dead (without light) would always be far away from him and sink below by the rule of creation hence why there is hell, it's not like God created hell per se, it just happened due to God's nature.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Preator: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
OkunrinMeta:

So religion is like Lagos Island that you can go to or "come back to" at will?

If you want to search for the truth, you will listen to the "asalat" And to other religios doctrines including free thinkers, agnostics or atheists, and then you can make a decision for yourself as an individual. Only those who would risk losing their lives would find it. Listening Only to what you've been taught since you were a child is how to remain in what you believe whether or not it is really true.
True.
If you do a poll here, you will realize that 90% of those here practice the religion they were born into. Of that 90%, about 75% have never read any other religious text apart from theirs(that's if they even read theirs). They are those that know everything about other religions based on what they read online. What they read online are also written by others based on hearsay and other people's opinion.
I have been privileged to read the religious text of several religions including Christianity, Islam, grail movement, Hinduism, Zoroastrianism among others.

A classic example: go to a newspaper vendor and watch people argue for 15mins. You will see people explain how buhari told osinbajo to tell laid Mohammed to keep lieing to Nigerians. They will tell you it happened behind close doors so that people will not know. They will even explain how they switch of the light etc and you will hear other people attesting to same and even contributing their own details. These are people that have never been in the presence of their LGA chairman yet they know what happens in the privacy of presidents, governors and ministers.
And people will hear that, go home and peddle same as God's own truth.
That is nigeria

If you practice the religion you were born into click like, if you switched, click share

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by diadem10: 3:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
Protein0:

Something was constant in the two times you quoted me and not until you work on it, you do not deserve my further mention.

I join issues only with couth and civil individuals who can bring up issue based discussions without being vulgar. My subsequent silence on your quotes will be a reflection of the above sir. Thanks
Lmao. I actually made sure my post was devoid of insult unto your person but Mohammed I would not tolerate. I hate his personality and everything he comprises.

BTW, you were the first who insulted me during our first encounter. You even dragged in my mum into your diatribe hence don't try to scream blue murder because I responded same.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by godliman: 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
Time2Smile:

And what has the bold got to do with anything. Didn't you read where he said they are Muslims.? If he is struggling with accepting God existence despite his Islamic background, is it Christianity with its many contradictions, lack of genuine spirituality and excessive focus on worldly material wealth that will provide him clarity?
You are a perfect stranger to TRUE christianity, what you are talking about is pseudo Christianity

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by AreaFada2: 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
Friend01:

This is the deviation some of your cling to ruin religious fundamentals.
Who said you shouldn't think or explore or even improve upon your existing knowledge of matters and materials -science.
Which religion tells you not to do that?

Just google 101 inventions and you will see what Muslim religious people contributed to science.
Read about Ibn al-haytham and Al-khwarizmi and even al-jabbar (who is the inventor or father of algebra ) all Muslims.
Even not for these Muslims scientist who shaped and remodelled scientific guidelines I guest people like Seun could not have designed Nairaland which all made of algorithm ascribed to Al-khwarizmi and al-jabbar.

Ignorant folks who have not really studied religion thinks religion is a problem of science whereas science is just and off shoot of religion.

Science and technology does not talk about ethics and human behaviour it only deal with matter and and elements and their workings.
stop mistaking the two.
Development in science is not the same as development in morals.

When both conflict faith take the higher ground.
I can't subject myself to human thinking which erratic (ever changing) to that of God's omniscient.
One will be definitely wrong and I know it can never be God's.
The religious people who contributed to science lived in fairly tolerant societies or times. You will be surprised to know that several medieval Muslim societies were very tolerant of both Jews and Christians. Even later in Southern Spain, Muslim civilisation there was top notch in science, maths and learning generally.

Which you choose to have priority is your choice. Not to be forced on anyone or forced by anyone else on you.
But modern intolerance is still alarming considering what we now know from history of the dangers of intolerance
On Nairaland here I watch with dismay how atheists are lambasted and judged almost like the devil.

Attitude of many "religious" people on NL would not encourage atheists to consider becoming religious.
They demonstrate no nobility that their religions teach them to show.

I have lived the bigger part of my life in societies where your religious views are your private matter and nobody does his religious sanctimony "in your face".
And these societies function far better, more hRmonious and more cohesive than the over religious Nigeria society. Even after discounting for various cultures, religions and views that about on both sides.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Never Do To Your Wife. / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.