Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St (33316 Views)

Keyamo Shares Videos Of PDP Members Complaining After Lagos Rally / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 3:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
jafol:

U feed yorubas hahaha, i bet u feed hausas too. You roaches need to be crushed and ur lands taken from u, u cant even make use of ur own oil to develop ur land, u talking about feeding YORUBAS. Nobody is stopping u fools from using oil money to create businesses in ur own land, i thought u south south n south east r developers? grin grin

argue with the SS all u want but know ur limits boy ,don't include people greater than great itself in ur silly talk
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Raypawer(m): 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
And the federaation stops drilling oil from there also lets watch recession 2.0...

undecided

micah04:

It can actually compete with Akwa Ibom state remove the huge oil revenues allocated to the state from the federation account..
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 3:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
marvinsync:

ok I get it ur a Yoruba man , proud of ur people okay no problem

but try and dial down the nonsense u say ok , u sound very not smart
U sound very not smart grin
Yorubas have been proven to severally be one of the most intelligent people on earth.
They built empires when some people were walking naked.
They have produced 3 Nobel Laureates,5 youngest phd holders in the world,7 world best perfect score of 5.0 cgp geniuses and presently they are the best in technology,innovation and business in Nigeria and some of the best in the world.
They have the most developed economy via a vis ICT,Manufacturing,Education etc.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
ijaw? Awori? Ijebu?

Ijaws are only in Ondo state. Egba, Ijebu, Oyo, Ijesha, Ekiti, Awori etcetera are all Yorubas.

Did you get the gist

2 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 3:27pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
ijaw? Awori? Ijebu?

Go and learn and stop disturbing the cyber space.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Yorubas have been proven to severally be one of the most intelligent people on earth.
They have produced 3 Nobel Laureates,5 youngest phd holders in the world,7 world best perfect score of 5.0 cgp geniuses and presently they are the best in technology,innovation and business in Nigeria and some of the best in the world.

Please, list their names. Thanks
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

okay nice , it's good u said "one of" because there are other tribes that are also "one of "

but this still doesn't give u the right to talk not very smart tho
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Ijaws are only in Ondo state. Egba, Ibeju, Oyo, Ijesha, Ekiti, Awori etcetera are all Yoruba.

Did you get the gist
don't go and tell ijebu guy he's Yoruba oo
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Can you please list their names? Thanks
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

It's like saying Awolowo is not Yoruba.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by ChiefAlex(m): 3:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you please list them? [size=8pt][/size]
Grand mall and jaidesola mall but not mega malls like the other 5
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by chloride6: 3:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
peterphd:

Your roundabout from pdp to apc is one of the most surprising things of last year grin

Atiku issa scam...

grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
ChiefAlex:

Grand mall and jaidesola mall but not mega malls like the other 5

Ok. Thanks
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 3:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Can you please list their names? Thanks

Prof Wole Soyinka
Prof Tony Adegbulugbe...won it with the VP of USA.
Dr Akinwunmi...Nobel in Agric.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
The south west produces 100,000 barrel per day.

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Prof Wole Soyinka
Prof Tony Adegbulugbe...won it with the VP of USA.
Dr Akinwunmi...Nobel in Agric.

Really? shocked Thanks.

What is Dr Akinwunmi's full name?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by dyemida(m): 3:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Ogun state has the potential to develop like Lagos if the government invest in road, rail, urban renewal and cheap massive housing projects. That is the truth.

Once that is done.

1. The over population in Lagos will decrease and Ogun state will increase.

2. Those towns will metaphors to cities.

3. Are you saying Ogun waterside facing the Atlantic ocean after Lekki and Epe can't be used as sea port?

4. Ogun state needs airport urgently. Since, you agreed that Ogun state is the religion and capital of the country. Wealth and jobs can be created from the revenue derived from massive passengers flying to the airport from all over the country to attend religious programs in the state. The site of the proposed airport is just 20 - 30 minutes from these religious centers. Instead of getting cut up in Lagos traffic.

I quite agree with points 1 and 2.
Then again, when earmarking a location for a sea port, the following needs to be taken into consideration:

1. The depth of the water around that location.
2. The availability of an harbour (an extensive relatively shallower body of water protected against the waves of the sea/ocean, where ships can dock/berth.
3. Proximity to areas with demand.
4. Logistical access to the location.

Given these reasons stated above, you'll agree with me that the location you suggested might not really be a great choice.

Two very important points you made that makes me completely agree with your point 4, is the issue of the traffic situation in Lagos and also the generation of revenue.

Ogun state has a massive potential, but then again, just like Nigeria as a whole, we've not been lucky with leaders.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
Do you mean that Obafemi Awolowo(an Ijebu man)was an Ijaw man... grin

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Really? shocked Thanks.

What is Dr Akinwunmi's full name?
When Ade opens door for you,then you begin to love Akin.

Are you really a Yoruba guy?
You asked very funny and 'pikin' questions.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by olas24u(f): 4:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
itskerri aren't Yoruba
It was part of the western region
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
olas24u:

It was part of the western region
Nigeria was part of British colony! And so what?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

With all your oil,Yorubaland is still better than your South South.
Which of your states have these?
If we restructure today all yoruba land will be like Venezuela. The parasite in nigeria. South south is far better than yoruba . The poorest region on earth , even north sudan is better than this poor people
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by olas24u(f): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
Nigeria was part of British colony! And so what?

so they are baifra?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:
The whole southwest o. Are you sure the southwest even have oil at all cus i dont trust these people
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 4:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
olas24u:

so they are baifra?

wtf? grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

When Ade opens door for you,then you begin to love Akin.

Are you really a Yoruba guy?
You asked very funny and 'pikin' questions.

Hahahaha! I have been off from political debates between we we hence not current.

I know a Nigerian shared peace award with Gore but couldn't get his name.

There are many Akinwunmis on Google search. I just wanted to make quick search.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Deathslater: 4:23pm On Jan 01, 2019
The day i stop taking these boys serious is when one they told me ibadan is better than rivers and anambra state, wtf, who dash monkey banana, a place filled with slums and occupied by old looking houses dating back to 19th century? thats not civilisation, thats backwardness. i dnt wanna sound like a tribalist, this is just the plain truth, there is no where u could place ogun above rivers and anambra, industries aside, mostly owned by foreign companies, ogun state is just like any other south west state very empty and dry, unlike in anambra state where there are bigger economic activities, local and foreign companies working perfectly, every where is densily populated, filled up estates. same cant be said about ogun, working class people are living fine in lagos, nt every yoruba i knw would like to live in ogun, houses in lagos are more expensive unlike ogun, ogun is just the 2nd option for people who couldnt afford house rent in lagos, use your brain next time its simple to grasp.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:

Ibadan alone has more than three mall saying Shoprite outlet is two building the third ongoing.Note the largest mall in west Africa is in ibadan called ibadan mall at ring road, ,they have cocoa mall and Jericho mall . film house cinema in ibadan is five I know of.

I used the word more than 3

It actually has 7 with numerous shopping centres
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 4:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Lol

Please can you kindly tell us where the oil Wells in Lagos are located
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Deathslater: 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:
anyone can come up with this, you see why people dnt take you guys serious again.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
Basic123:

This why I laugh when some people try to mention PH after Lagos and Abuja where we have Ibadan and Kano.

I have always maintained that PH is overrated because of its English name!

But Rivers state generates more revenue/igr than Oyo and Kano combined
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 4:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Hahahaha! I have been off from political debates between we we hence not current.

I know a Nigerian shared peace award with Gore but couldn't get his name.

There are many Akinwunmis on Google search. I just wanted to make quick search.

Okay, he is Adeshina Akinwunmi,the president of Afdb..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Some Great Lessons Learnt In Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Nigeria's Chibok Girls 'seen With Boko Haram In Gwoza' / Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.