Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,159 members, 7,845,817 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Do U Enjoy Flying? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do U Enjoy Flying? (3433 Views)

Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It / Nigerian Students In Turkey How Do U Survive / How Do U Feel Or React When U Are Called Or Heard Some 1 Being Called Nigga?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2010
odiaero:

and do u think if the plane develope faulth in the air that your engineer friend(s) can do something about it, no way man,  they will shout just like u do, it is only pilots that are trained not to let their fears known in  this kinda sitaution grin

What are you blithering on about?
You do know pilots only fly planes and not fix them.
I already fear for future flights
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by AjanleKoko: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2010
iice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

@Topic,
Don't particularly enjoy long haul flying, even in the first or business cabins.
I'd like to take up some kind of flying in the future though. Maybe gliders or something.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by sherrify: 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2010
hunnnnnnnnnnnnnn, i fly 4-5 times in a week concidering the fact that i ave companies in 4 countries and been a fashion model i do alot of flying, but d koko b say i hate flying, i get serious phobia i get tired of sitting down for hours, i do alot of drinking of whisky on board just to keep my mind out of thining, i had once had a problem on board in year 2001 from lagos to j/bourg,southafrica on sudan air that almost crashed,
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 01, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked almost crash what happened!!!!
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by sherrify: 5:16pm On Sep 01, 2010
@adaobi123 (f)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^              almost crash what happened!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CARRY ME LAUGH O NO B SMALL THING O, U NEED SEE CABIN CREW WEY DEY TALK SAY EVERYTHIN IS UNDER CONTRO AFTER LIKE 20 MINUTE DEM SELF BEGIN FEAR LIKE ANY OTHER PERSON ON BOARD, CHRISTIANS DEY SHOUT YA ALLAHU, MUSLIM DEY SHOUT IN JESUS NAME, COME SEE HUMAN WIWI FOR GROUND, THANK GOD SHA SAY THE PROBLEM SOLVE INSTEAD OF LANDING IN SOUTHAFRICA WE DID EMERGENCY LANDING IN LESOTHO,
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by naijadiva2(f): 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2010
I do and dont enjoy flying. I cant sleep on a plane, ever because i guess i feel somewhat uneasy when flying but i would never stop flying because i still kinda like it, wierd, huh?
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by ubiaa5(f): 11:01pm On Sep 01, 2010
i hate flying,i usually say my last prayer before i board.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 2:50am On Sep 02, 2010
iice:

iDIED! grin grin grin

sherrify:

@adaobi123 (f)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^              almost crash what happened!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NO CARRY ME LAUGH O NO B SMALL THING O, U NEED SEE CABIN CREW WEY DEY TALK SAY EVERYTHIN IS UNDER CONTRO AFTER LIKE 20 MINUTE DEM SELF BEGIN FEAR LIKE ANY OTHER PERSON ON BOARD, CHRISTIANS DEY SHOUT YA ALLAHU, MUSLIM DEY SHOUT IN JESUS NAME, COME SEE HUMAN WIWI FOR GROUND, THANK GOD SHA SAY THE PROBLEM SOLVE INSTEAD OF LANDING IN SOUTHAFRICA WE DID EMERGENCY LANDING IN LESOTHO,

Bloody hell! He heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Ooo Emmm Gee! grin grin grin grin
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by atikubaba(m): 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2010
i enjiy long haul than local flight cos of naija safety records
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by cecegorz(m): 4:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
Guys,
I love flying like crazy, i even wish i can get flying lessons and buy my own light aircraft. cool  cool  cool

I always make sure i chose the window seat so i can have those amazing views, gliding through the clouds, having the clouds well beneath you, seeing the outline of cities and towns look so tiny compared to the vastness of the sky, I just generally imagine how God set up the universe.
The views from above are simply breath taking!

One downside though, i experience pains in the ear during landing, i need to get ear plugs asap.

1 Like

Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by suxes2005(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2010
i love short hour flight bt long hour
flights are lyk prob to me

SHALOM
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
cecegorz:

One downside though, i experience pains in the ear during landing, i need to get ear plugs asap.

I sort of have the same problem.  But mine is when the pressures starts.  Though just for a bit then it ceases.
I punctured my eardrum as a child so it hurts when the pressure is on.  Happens when i dive too.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by cecegorz(m): 9:52am On Oct 26, 2010
iice:

I sort of have the same problem.  But mine is when the pressures starts.  Though just for a bit then it ceases.
I punctured my eardrum as a child so it hurts when the pressure is on.  Happens when i dive too.

Wow! you scuba dive? that must be an awesome experience, how does it feel at the bottom of the ocean?
i can't even swim well.

The eardrum ought to have healed fully, but probably because of your diving, it gets under the pressure more often.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
I'm a child of water. So you can imagine how it feels for me. Sorta like flying for me. . .diving that is.
Hey you could always improve your swimming smiley And i think though, it's even more important not to be afraid of the deep blue.

Yup it has healed, but i always get a twinge of discomfort from diving or flying.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by samoyin(m): 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2010
I love flying, its right now as far as I am concerned the safest means of transport and it is faster.

Now the few experiences I wouldn't like to remember, I was on one Lagos bound flight from Abuja
one evening.

As we approached Lagos, the pilot said,and I quote 'ladies and gentlemen we are approximately 50miles away
from Lagos, and the weather condition reports, some slight storm in Lagos and the Control tower
permits the use of one runway to monitor traffic inflow, as you know we have International flights
are traffic also on queue, for now we are number 12 on the queue, not to worry in a short while
we would take our turn for landing, meanwhile just sit back relax and enjoy the flight, thank you'. unquote.

Now after about 30mins he now said we were number 5 on the queue for landing, meanwhile for
most of the flight part of the flight there this fog not the weather,visibility was poor, though was not
my first time flying but I find it strange, but we landed safely almost 55mins behind schedule.

Another experience I was on a flight from Joburg just about two hours into the flight, we had info
from the Captain after about 10min turbulence, no rain, no storm and no cloud was a very clear
weather, saying, 'ladies and gentlemen we are experiencing what is known as clear turbulence which
we would be flying through for sometime, and there is really nothing that can be done about it,
you just sit back relax and enjoy the rest of the flight. Thank you', unquote.  This was a day flight
so that was even cool by me.

We flew this turbulence for most part of the flight. On our approach into to Lagos we hovered just
about 10min around Lagos airspace and finally landed SAFELY.

The third experience,I was on flight from London Heathrow terminal 3, it was a night flight, after we
all boarded and were all seated and waiting, there was no announcement until after about 40mins
and then we where told that computer that was used in updating the passenger baggage CRASHED
and so they had to offload and carry out the process MANUALLY the process really lasted, we
eventually departed about 1.30min behind schedule.

There is really nothing any passenger can do about it, the Captain cannot fly until he has at least
an almost if not accurate weight he is about carrying.

They do not compromise safety standards.

While still on ground it was already wet and still drizzling, we took off and about an 1hr into the
flight may because the the Captain knew that the weather was not looking good ahead, he didnt
bother us with talking after take off. We already had our dinner at this time and we noticed the
seat belt on, and we started the stormy turbulent trip for the next 4hours into the flight.

Though the plane was a big Jumbo Jet 747, it was tossed as though it was a toy plane, it was not a
pleasant experience at all, the flight crew tried switching on the entertainment device it was not stable
and was no good, so had to switch it off for most part of the flight. It was morning as we approached
Nigerian airspace and we eventually landed SAFELY amidst the so called clear turbulence. And for the
first time all the passengers CLAPPED for the for the Captain and those who could not even say a word,
could now talk and liaise with other passengers.

In a situation like this the Captain needed absolute concentration with his team, he could really
not make too much use of the Autopilot as he needed to really take some control. 

I would usually have any interesting novel to read or something and could not sleep during this flight,
ordinarily I watch almost all the movies till I arrive my destination. 

I am sharing this experience because, as soon as you enter your flight just commit your trip to
God and then sit back, relax and enjoy your flight , do you know that safety your journey
by road and by air is not in your hand no matter how careful you might be.

Be positive about your flight, Lord take control of this trip should be your trip and consider it done.

Accidents happen and it is very far less by air. Once you are in the aircraft and the doors are shut,
there is really nothing you can do about it, just be positive that you will arrive your destination.Period,

Have you heard of the word, there is Power of Positive Thinking, think positive.

The take off and landing are very important part of flying, have you noticed that the whole cabin
is becomes silent. Normally I love sitting by the window watching the clouds, take off and landing,
other planes afar off and watching small planes far flying below the much bigger planes.

I would choose to fly any day and any time. This is very few instances considering my frequent flying.

Always choose the closing word of the Captain as up there is really nothing you can do about it.

Commit your trip to God, Road, Rail, Air, River or Sea. You have a pleasant journey.

Traveling by road is a nightmare especially in my lovely Naija.

Fear is simply [b]F[/b]alse [b]E[/b]vidence [b]A[/b]ppearing [b]R[/b]eal
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by toshmann(m): 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
Do I enjoy flying?
HELL NO!!!!
Anytime I enter a plane, I take a huge gasp, I fear the worst. I fear it may be the last day of my life. shocked

For fear of flying, I drove one day from Ohio to Texas grin, 15 good hours on the road grin

Talk of Aviophobia
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by toshmann(m): 6:57pm On May 01, 2013
samoyin:
Fear is simply F-alse E-vidence A-ppearing R-eal

now i love this quote. if i overcame all the fears i had in life, i woulda been something else by now . . . . .

[size=5pt]at least i for get that girl i wanted so much when i was a teenager[/size] undecided grin
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 09, 2013
toshmann:

now i love this quote. if i overcame all the fears i had in life, i woulda been something else by now . . . . .

[size=5pt]at least i for get that girl i wanted so much when i was a teenager[/size] undecided grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by toshmann(m): 9:07pm On May 14, 2013
adaobi123:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Laughing girl, laughing everywhere cheesy
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 14, 2013
toshmann:
Laughing girl, laughing everywhere cheesy

I cant help it tongue grin
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by toshmann(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2013
adaobi123:

I cant help it tongue grin

This is what you can't help -------------------------------------> tongue
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 14, 2013
toshmann:

This is what you can't help -------------------------------------> tongue

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by toshmann(m): 9:57pm On May 14, 2013
adaobi123:

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

grin
Now that's more like it
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 14, 2013
toshmann:

grin
Now that's more like it

tongue
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by toshmann(m): 9:59pm On May 14, 2013
adaobi123:

tongue
Lol. I'm tired of chasing you from thread to thread grin

Go find ya boyfriend(s)

Mandella is around grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Facts About Greece And Its Residence Permit/citizenship / The 20 Best Airlines In The World / Pls Where Can I Endorse My Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.