Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Do U Enjoy Flying? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do U Enjoy Flying? (3420 Views)

Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It / Nigerian Students In Turkey How Do U Survive / How Do U Feel Or React When U Are Called Or Heard Some 1 Being Called Nigga?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 09, 2010
i love flying especially the take off!!! some people may feel scared whilst flying and sometimes even refuse to enter the plane. how do u feel about flying? your views would be kind.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2010
I love going to the airport and a big fan of traveling BUT I hate flying and turbulence makes things worse grin

I recently flew to Dallas and the lady sitting beside me decided during take off to tell me how her connecting flight
had difficulty landing ;that they had to take off and come back for another landing. I was thinking the whole time
"Lady this isn't the right time for this story" cry cheesy
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by marcus1234: 7:27am On Aug 09, 2010
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 09, 2010
I do, yes. So much that I've actually taken flying lessons, have about 37 hours logged so far.

Will resume them in a few months time. smiley
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2010
^^^ I'm envious

@ Topic

I do love flying. My dream is to actually fly a Fighter Jet someday. I'm obsessed with them.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 7:56am On Aug 09, 2010
Taking flying lessons? You guys are brave. No way Jose for me on that
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2010
---
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by ezyra(m): 10:05am On Aug 09, 2010
More recently, I have been flying on average twice a month airplanes and helicopter. The more I fly, the more I hate it.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 09, 2010
^^^^^^^^ then way do u fly so much if you hate it??
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by ezyra(m): 3:58pm On Aug 09, 2010
It's part of my job. I don't have a flying phobia, it's just a risk I'd like to minimize.
With airplanes in particular, I'm more worried about lift off, not so much landing. With choppers, both lift off and landing grin. This also has to do with the fact that I don't have much confidence in our local carriers, even though they might have a good safety record. It's all in the mind.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by pslm23(f): 5:46pm On Aug 09, 2010
I love flying but don't particularly enjoy flying within Nigeria angry ! I would rather drive myself to my destination in Nigeria than fly or take the bus! The rough take off and landing will give you a heart attack if you fly and armed robbers is the other wahala if u take the bus embarassed. But when you wake up early enough in the morning and drive urself to ur destination, at least u'll have peace of mind knowing that u r in capable hands, yourself! wink
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2010
chika98:

Taking flying lessons? You guys are brave. No way Jose for me on that

It's perfectly safe, safer than driving.

I hope to get my PPL sometime next year. smiley
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
wow u are very brave!!!!!
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by MrsSiena1(f): 7:29pm On Aug 09, 2010
No i don't enjoy flying at all.  grin

While on board I just keep checking the time and I can't seem to wait for the plane to land. I know my sweetheart enjoys flying he has taken some lessons but am not keen.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Freiburger(m): 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
YES. but i don't like flying domestic flight during day time.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2010
Siena:

It's perfectly safe, safer than driving.

I hope to get my PPL sometime next year. smiley

I know it is safe. I watched something on Discovery channel the other day about
" 10 worst Runways" I swear I made a mental note to never fly though those cities in my entire life.
So many casualties because of the short runways and all.

I always think at least when driving I can run away or jump but up there? Nothing one can do. grin
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2010
i love it. Kinda like swimming in air.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2010
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Ejiafam: 8:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
I love flying. Considering the state of the motorways for instance Lagos to Abuja ideally it should take 6hrs but it takes 8-9hrs. on board any plane from lagos to FTC max is 1hr 15mins.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2010
^^^ I will never fly in Nigeria! I rather take the bus or something
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 3:13am On Aug 17, 2010
Lol i used to fly all the time in naija. It helped that i knew engineers who flew anytime i flew
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 3:16am On Aug 17, 2010
^^ Doesn't stop that plane from crashing grin. I couldn't fly over there as I'd be freaked out the whole time
and probably have a heart attack in the process. I can't help but think that the maintenance and safety measures
aren't really up to par with the the West for example.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 17, 2010
I'm not so much a fan of flying especially in smaller jets but i'd rather that than drive 4-5 hrs all the time. I fly every 2 weeks so it helps i've learned to conquer my of flying in inclement weather. Now i sleep thru the flight or play on the computer.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 3:27am On Aug 17, 2010
chika98:

^^ Doesn't stop that plane from crashing grin. I couldn't fly over there as I'd be freaked out the whole time
and probably have a heart attack in the process. I can't help but think that the maintenance and safety measures
aren't really up to par with the the West for example.

True but i got a small sense of relief lol, like if anything happens atleast they won't just sit there shouting for plane to magically be whole.
Never drove to lag. . .i was scared of that. . .rather take the plane lol. Unless the place was about 4hrs drive, i wasn't gonna use the roads.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Hubcool: 3:29am On Aug 17, 2010
Actually, I agree, the take off is the most awesome thing smiley Or when the plane arrives, aswell. Flying itself is almost boring haha, for me the fun parts is when you go through a cloud cheesy amazing! And it's weird because I understand the people who are afraid to fly, even though I think it's an awesome thing
[img]http://s04.flagcounter.com/count/JPIn/bg=FFFFFF/txt=FFFFFF/border=FFFFFF/columns=1/maxflags=1/viewers=3/labels=0/pageview=0[/img]
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by chika98: 3:34am On Aug 17, 2010
iice:

True but i got a small sense of relief lol, like if anything happens atleast they won't just sit there shouting for plane to magically be whole.
Never drove to lag. . .i was scared of that. . .rather take the plane lol. Unless the place was about 4hrs drive, i wasn't gonna use the roads.

LOL see you know what I am on about. Lawd Hammercy!
grin grin grin When I visited Nigeria; My cousins and I rented a mini nice bus that drove us back to the East.
Much better that way than flying there.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by iice(f): 3:49am On Aug 17, 2010
Lol i know. Even what you mean about the maintenance. Some of the planes look like they'd fall apart in the sky.

Even as i love flying, i'm usually always asleep when i fly. I dunno what's it about planes, even if it's an hour's flight, as soon as i sit down, i'm asleep.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by missuzoma: 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2010
I hate flying, it's phobia actually. I sort of say my last prayers prior to every take off. My problem is the sheer helplessness of all when problems develop mid air. I take sleeping pills on long hauls and read bad scripts to distract myself on home runs.

My worst day was one day we were asked to hang on and hover over Abuja due to VIP movement. I'd go everywhere by road if that is possible and expedient. I have prayed over the phobia but it is still there. Watching NATGEO makes thins even worse for me.

God dey sha.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by ayomifull(f): 10:56pm On Aug 19, 2010
Mrs. Siena:

No i don't enjoy flying at all.  grin

While on board I just keep checking the time and I can't seem to wait for the plane to land.

Just like me o, the worst is however long the flight is i cant ever really sleep. If i have my way i will never see the inside of aeroplane, i wish there is a way i can get over this phobia really.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Osama10(m): 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
Flying like 4 times every month is just too much but person no get choice at the moment now.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by zenatta: 1:03am On Aug 20, 2010
I cannot stand road trips. My fear is morbid, though no longer relevant but I would rather not. Flying ensures I arrive at my destination early, looking elegant . I am not cut out for spending hours on the road when I can travel by air.
Slowly but surely, over the years, I have grown to hate road travel, too tedious. However I take really long drives if the landscape's worth it. Surely there must be a difference between road travel and really long leisure drives.
Re: Do U Enjoy Flying? by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2010
iice:

and do u think if the plane develope faulth in the air that ur engineer friend(s) can do something about it, no way man, they will shout just like u do, it is only pilots that are trained not to let their fears known in this kinda sitaution grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap But Comfortable Flight To Dubai??? / Ave U Fly Aero Contractor From Abuja To Lagos Before? / Have U Been To Obudu In Cross River State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.