Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,145 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com (1397 Views)

Why Are Car Buyers Always Fond Of This Attitude? / Myths Or Facts: Are Car Fires Work Of The Village People Or Just Carelessness? / I Want To Buy A Car From Jiji.com, Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by mdokaba1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2019
Hello friends,

I am asking because compared to the prices of cars quoted here on NL, I discovered that same cars on jiji.com seem cheaper and on good conditions.

I asked a work-place colleague, and he said cars displayed on jiji are displayed by fraudstars who are on-the-wait to defraud

unsuspecting potential buyers.

Autu gurus in the house, pls help clarify my fears; How Genuine Are Cars Displayed On Jiji.com.

Please, i plan on getting a car from jiji soon since they seem cheaper but for my fears.
Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by olenyi: 7:22pm On Jan 04, 2019
mdokaba1:
Hello friends,

I am asking because compared to the prices of cars quoted here on NL, I discovered that same cars on jiji.com seem cheaper and on good conditions.

I asked a work-place colleague, and he said cars displayed on jiji are displayed by fraudstars who are on-the-wait to defraud

Autu gurus in the house, pls help clarify my fears; How Genuine Are Cars Displayed On Jiji.com.

Please, i plan on getting a car from jiji soon since they seem cheaper but for my fears.

For the most part, they are genuine. But like all transactions, you have to do your due diligence and inspection with a good mechanic before purchase

The advantage of jiji and why it looks like it is cheaper is because the car adverts are placed by the car owners directly thereby cutting off the commission the agent/car dealer would have added on top.

If you are apprehensive, a good way to start is to use the app. Then select cars that are within your neighborhood. Meet up with the buyer in an open place to confirm the authenticity of the advert.

My regards.

4 Likes

Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by dokyOloye: 7:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
Jiji and OLX Nigeria, den of thieves.
Lots of genuine deals too.
The watchword is due diligence.
If its too good to be true,then its probably not true.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by mdokaba1(m): 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2019
olenyi:

For the most part, they are genuine. But like all transactions, you have to do your due diligence and inspection with a good mechanic before purchase

The advantage of jiji and why it looks like it is cheaper is because the car adverts are placed by the car owners directly thereby cutting off the commission the agent/car dealer would have added on top.

If you are apprehensive, a hood way to start is to use the app. Then select cars that are within your neighborhood. Meet up with the buyer in an open place to confirm the authenticity of the advert.

My regards.

Thanks for your kind advise. I would watch out for those in my area to confirm their authenticity as advised. You far too kind bro. #Bless

1 Like

Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by olenyi: 8:13pm On Jan 04, 2019
mdokaba1:

Thanks for your kind advise. I would watch out for those in my area to confirm their authenticity as advised. You far too kind bro. #Bless

Bless you too.

Warm regards.
Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by Bettycars(m): 12:59am On Jan 13, 2019
mdokaba1:
Hello friends,

While I advise you are careful with any car adverts not all fraud. I have an advert for cars om

For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets.
Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by mdokaba1(m): 8:53am On Jan 13, 2019
Bettycars:

While I advise you are careful with any car adverts not all fraud. I have an advert for cars om

For your European used cars or buses please call or whatsapp 070 6587 0508 for enquiries or inspection

We are importers of used vehicles at very good prices, with complete and verifiable customs paper. No hassles, no regrets.

Thanks for the response, i would call you as soon as i am ready
Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by weyreypey: 9:06am On Jan 13, 2019
dokyOloye:
Jiji and OLX Nigeria, den of thieves.
Lots of genuine deals too.
The watchword is due diligence.
If its too good to be true,then its probably not true.
Jiji is more useless
Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by Bettycars(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2019
mdokaba1:

Thanks for the response, i would call you as soon as i am ready
Ok
Re: Please How Genuine Are Car Prices On Jiji.com by RZArecta2(m): 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2019
I've seen Toyota Hiace (hummer bus) with waterproof still on it going for 450k on that site. Just be careful, don't pay money for at all except you've seen, inspected the car with a mechanic and are paying for car alone cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need A Car / See The Foreign Currency I Found In My Newly Acquired Tokumbo Car (pics) / Sales..........a/c REFRIGERANT 134a .....sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.