Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,925 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? (4654 Views)

2024 Is Troublesome Year With Positive & Negative Mix — Olukoya / 4 Powerful Programmes To Start Your Year With / So Hard To Keep New Year Resolution. How Is Yours? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 06, 2019
"Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness." (Psalm:65:11)

As we approach the coming new week in 2019 where we shall all (probably) resume to work, we tend to promise ourselves to keep faithfully, our New Year Resolutions.

As Believers in Jesus, I believe there is nothing wrong with that. But, most of the times, we tend to make it endless lists most of which later on we will drop. So the thing is, do we really need a new year resolution?

The above Psalm's verse said it all and we know Jesus is the same forever.
By assurance of His words, we know that as the previous year is good in so many ways, this year will be better. In lieu of writing goals to achieve (which is a very good one), why not be smarter and get "it" all done in a much wiser way?

"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." (John:15:5) Jesus already said it all in the verse. If we don't continue in Him, we can do nothing. We can only try but He blesses. I believe this should just be our resolution of all time. I believe this encompasses all we need or want to achieve.

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil. (Ecclesiastes:12:13-14)

Our duty on earth is quite simple and our rewards shall be given based on what we do. His grace to perform our duty should be our resolution of all time. May God give us grace to fulfill all the things He wants us fulfill, Amen.

Have a prosperous 2019.

Source-https://jameslads..com/2019/01/starting-out-new-year.html

4 Likes

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Stephanie75(f): 3:28am On Jan 06, 2019
I am tired of wishing prosperous new year to friends and family BUT. These are some practical steps to make wishes effective.
1) Hold unto God. He is supreme.
2) Never worry about what people say or do. Be focused and believe in yourself.
3) When you are sick, oh yes pray but also visit the doctor to support your prayers.
4) Reduce your TV time. Move out and engage your hands.
5) Eat less but nutritional. The large volume you consume is enemy to your health.
6) Do not envy. Avoid greed. Avoid anger. Avoid malice. Avoid pretence and eye service. Above all avoid gossip. They are among the source of HBP.
5) Merry, Rejoice. Sing with those who give thanks.
6) Change the company you keep. Avoid unnecessary cliques. Get closer to true Godly and able fellows that can add positive value to your life.
7) Do not borrow more than you can pay. Do not borrow for what you can't afford which add no gain to your finance. Do not allow vanity lead you to sorrow. Be yourself, don't fake.
cool Keep clean, Wash,Iron and proudly put on what you have. Sincerely aspire for better but don't force it out. God has his time for all.
9) The foundation of happiness is your home. Keep peace and exhibit love. You will never be happy if your home is at war.
10) Above all Hold unto God. Increase in your prayer life. He is the author and finisher of ur Faith.
Practice these and more you will see how great God will bless your 2019. Happy new year

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by damlawrence101: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2019
W
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Cownu: 8:55am On Jan 06, 2019
Stupid thread
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:56am On Jan 06, 2019
Follow these tips to stick to and achieve your resolution for the new year.

Be honest with yourself.

Stick to one thing.

Make SMART goals.

Arrange your environment for success.

Chart your progress.

Make yourself accountable.

Celebrate successes and be compassionate with yourself when you slip.

Happy New Year once again to all good Nigerians....from all of us @

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 06, 2019
Some people be making new year resolutions since time immemorial yet nothing changes...
I personally don't see any big deal in it, I just set my goals for the year and work towards achieving it..while I'm at it,I don't forget to have fun...life's too short mbok...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Tunasco4u(m): 8:59am On Jan 06, 2019
OK
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Rashco2002: 9:09am On Jan 06, 2019
I am sharing my favorite news App with you. It has very current news updates and virtual coins option. Come on to join with me by entering my invitation code: E5C8AS http://www.scooper.news/gold/share?uid=531499864450662400
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Paxie55: 9:10am On Jan 06, 2019
To make more money.
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Kneebow(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2019
Neither is a man regenerated, we say, in the next place, by his own exertions. A man may reform himself very much, and that is well and good; let all do that. A man may cast away many vices, forsake many lusts in which he indulged, and conquer evil habits; but no man in the world can make himself to be born in God; though he should struggle never so much, he could never accomplish what is beyond his power. And, mark you, if he could make himself to be born again still he would not enter heaven, because there is another point in the condition which he would have violated-"unless a man be born of the Spirit, he can not see the kingdom of God." So that the best exertions of the flesh do not reach this high point, the being born again of the Spirit of God.

And now we must say, that regeneration consists in this. God the Holy Spirit, in a supernatural manner-mark, by the word supernatural I mean just what it strictly means; supernatural, more than natural-works upon the hearts of men, and they by the operations of the divine Spirit become regenerate men; but without the Spirit they never can be regenerated. And unless God the Holy Spirit, who "worketh in us to will and to do," should operate upon the will and the conscience, regeneration is an absolute impossibility, and therefore so is salvation. "What!" says one, "do you mean to say that God absolutely interposes in the salvation of every man to make him regenerate?" I do indeed; in the salvation of every person there is an actual putting forth of the divine power, whereby the dead sinner is quickened, the unwilling sinner is made willing, the desperately hard sinner has his conscience made tender; and he who rejected God and despised Christ, is brought to cast himself down at the feet of Jesus. This is called fanatical doctrine, mayhap; that we can not help; it is scriptural doctrine, that is enough for us. "Except a man be born of the Spirit he can not see the kingdom of God; that which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." If you like it not, quarrel with my Master, not with me; I do but simply declare his own revelation, that there must be in your heart something more than you can ever work there. There must be a divine operation; call it a miraculous operation, if you please; it is in some sense so. There must be a divine interposition, a divine working, a divine influence, or else, do what you may, without that you perish, and are undone; "for except a man be born again, be can not see the kingdom of God." The change is radical; it gives us new natures, makes us love what we hated and hate what we loved, sets us in a new road; makes our habits different, our thoughts different, makes us different in private, and different in public. So that being in Christ it is fulfilled: "If any man be in Christ he is a new creature; old things are passed away, behold all things are become new."

https://www.blueletterbible.org/Comm/spurgeon_charles/sermons/0130.cfm
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by KingOfAllIgbos: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2019
angry

1. Homeschool 100 piglets free of charge

2. Get banned on NL...as usual tongue

3. Get 6-packs FINALLY

4. Be more selective in fornication- no more ugly gals

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Rashco2002: 9:17am On Jan 06, 2019
I am sharing my favorite news App with you. It has very current news updates and virtual coins option. Come on to join with me by entering my invitation code: E5C8AS http://www.scooper.news/gold/share?uid=531499864450662400 cool[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] undecided embarassed shocked
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by CarGuideNG: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2019
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Offpoint: 9:36am On Jan 06, 2019
As long as the sun still rises from the east and sets at the west, there's nothing like new year. it's just a normal day. 95% of you will still go back to all shîts you've been doing 2 weeks ago.
Go to the same work and get paid the same salaries.
Save the same amount you've been saving,
Buy 3 bags of cements to continue your building just like you've been doing until it's complete.
Make the same useful and useless comments you've been making.
Fornicate, steal, commit adultery, disrespect your spouses, backbite, jealous, kill, covet, smoke, drink drunk, yahoo, dub, lie, vote buhari, stay home on Sundays, masturbate... so what's the new year here? you can't pause all these for 2 weeks and call it a new year.

I live my life straight, I make my plan whenever it's neccasery, there's nothing as new month, new year... we only have one day to live, nothing like a week, month, year.

I'm out

1 Like

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 06, 2019
Paxie55:
To make more money.
You are not a new member on NL are you?
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Page420: 9:45am On Jan 06, 2019
My new year resolution are: tryna make things work again.
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Paxie55: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2019
JjBankys:
You are not a new member on NL are you?
Why did you ask?
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 06, 2019
Paxie55:

Why did you ask?
just curious
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by oyindelacreme(f): 9:56am On Jan 06, 2019
Resolutions are great to start the new year.
It is good to make a vision board or write down goals in a planner and go back during the year to see how far you have come.
Also get a friend or group of friends as accountability partners and do this together.
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by abiaumo(m): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Yes o, No More sugar.
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by spiralwedge(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2019
Nmahgood:
Some people be making new year resolutions since time immemorial yet nothing changes...
I personally don't see any big deal in it, I just set my goals for the year and work towards achieving it..while I'm at it,I don't forget to have fun...life's too short mbok...

Abi o, rightly said.
Leave all those goals aside o, let's have fun together already
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
Stephanie75:
I am tired of wishing prosperous new year to friends and family BUT. These are some practical steps to make wishes effective.
1) Hold unto God. He is supreme.
2) Never worry about what people say or do. Be focused and believe in yourself.
3) When you are sick, oh yes pray but also visit the doctor to support your prayers.
4) Reduce your TV time. Move out and engage your hands.
5) Eat less but nutritional. The large volume you consume is enemy to your health.
6) Do not envy. Avoid greed. Avoid anger. Avoid malice. Avoid pretence and eye service. Above all avoid gossip. They are among the source of HBP.
5) Merry, Rejoice. Sing with those who give thanks.
6) Change the company you keep. Avoid unnecessary cliques. Get closer to true Godly and able fellows that can add positive value to your life.
7) Do not borrow more than you can pay. Do not borrow for what you can't afford which add no gain to your finance. Do not allow vanity lead you to sorrow. Be yourself, don't fake.
cool Keep clean, Wash,Iron and proudly put on what you have. Sincerely aspire for better but don't force it out. God has his time for all.
9) The foundation of happiness is your home. Keep peace and exhibit love. You will never be happy if your home is at war.
10) Above all Hold unto God. Increase in your prayer life. He is the author and finisher of ur Faith.
Practice these and more you will see how great God will bless your 2019. Happy new year
Happy new year to you

1 Like

Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2019
Whatever I achieve this year, I have been working on since last year..
New year resolutions most times are for undisciplined people..
That's why they have to wait till a new calendar year (which is the same as the previous days/weeks/months/years) to make changes in their life..
As for me, I live one day at a time..not one year at a time like most people.
Peace.
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jan 06, 2019
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by uuzba(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
This my own new year resolution.

我的新年決心是關注我的事業

grin
Re: Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? by Ayobami7(m): 1:46pm On Jan 06, 2019
Noted

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Sleep With Your Holy Bible Open / Catholic Bishop Of Aba Diocese Most Rev Vincent Ezeonyia Passes On. / Religious Leader Ask 400 Members To Cut Off Private Parts To Get Close To God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.